Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

kimbo305 posted:

Also the 612 isn't great looking.

Neither is the 599 (they look practically identical to me). That lambo is pretty much my dream supercar though. Colour and everything.

vvv I can see that. Problem is both those caars on their own look fine. The ferrari looks stretched and awful to me.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Apr 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

For some reason in my brain:

+

=

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

A3th3r posted:

Yeah you're right, few cars look good that way... that's one of a half dozen ferarris like that.

Supposedly these Mercs can do 300hp relatively comfortably... euro muscle car! When I lived in Helsinki my plan was to eventually do that. I saw a couple of 'Mersus' done up like that, pretty cool imo.

What car is this? And can you drive it if you're not a drug dealer?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

I've seen two of these in the last week. Someone's driving one fairly regularly in Austin.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

beedeebee posted:

560 sec amg widebody.

You can drive it without being a drug dealer, but you'll have to get used to people coming up to your window asking if you have drugs.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Slavvy posted:

Reliability is neither here nor there; it's a race car.
I think you've got that one wrong, this is a Le Mans car.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

beedeebee posted:

This guy owns one, and he probably isn't a drug dealer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2wN0nL5zQA

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

:circlefap:

I would rather own this than any super/hypercar made in the last 10 years, P1/ZR1/918 included. Call the police I don't give a gently caress.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Seat Safety Switch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2wN0nL5zQA

That guy probably is a drug dealer.
E: Only kidding since, hah, Russian.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Picture Dump from First Cars & Coffee of the season...some pictures below, full album here - http://imgur.com/a/lKoPx#1

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

What the hell is that?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Collateral Damage posted:

What the hell is that?

Sparrow/NmG/whatever it's called now.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

NRE will apply their magic to anything. :stare:

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...
Crop from the dashcam this morning.

Saw this Brute driving through Austin. Had never seen one in person. They are drat good looking vehicles. After a Defender Double-cab this is one rig I'd love to offroad in. Why isn't this a factory thing instead of an $80K+ conversion?

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

A3th3r posted:

I saw a dewinged 'Godzilla' [Nissan Skyline GTR] a few times on the highway in Scottsdale. Apparently the old guy who owns it daily drives it, too. Thing is bad f___n rear end. I saw a couple other rides like it at this shop by ASU.. those things are f-n cool rides man.

This is a post from a while back but I just wanted to mention that the R34 is a super daily driver except for the obvious high fuel usage. Mine just ticked over 154 thousand kilometres and I cannot think of anything I would rather drive. That said, I've put 120k on it getting about 300km to a tank which costs about $70 AUD... so roughly $28,000 dollars in fuel since I got it in 2007.... Oh god, its a horrible daily driver.

More glorious Nissan love to be had for their new paint trails:

http://www.dailytech.com/Nissan+Testing+SelfCleaning+Car+Through+the+Use+of+Oleophobic+Paint/article34796c.htm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwoGsCAKsxU

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

Fine for 'wet' dirt. I guarantee that'll it'll do poo poo-all against the constant barrage of pollen we deal with in Texas.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nissan gets the idea to spray a car with a hydrophobic coating? Truly the height of innovation, people sure haven't been suggesting that since the first demo videos of the stuff showed up on the internet a few years ago!

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

tobu posted:

That said, I've put 120k on it getting about 300km to a tank which costs about $70 AUD... so roughly $28,000 dollars in fuel since I got it in 2007.... Oh god, its a horrible daily driver.

Mind sharing what that is in miles per gallon or liters/100 km for those of us that don't know how big your gas tank is?

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

MetaJew posted:

Mind sharing what that is in miles per gallon or liters/100 km for those of us that don't know how big your gas tank is?

65 litres/17 gallons in the tank. That's roughly 11 MPG or 21 litres per 100km, I think.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead, and that's the way I likes it :colbert:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Four hundred loving horsepower.

:colbert:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

tobu posted:

65 litres/17 gallons in the tank. That's roughly 11 MPG or 21 litres per 100km, I think.

That can't possibly be right if your car is even close to stock - just how much power is it making?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

dissss posted:

That can't possibly be right if your car is even close to stock - just how much power is it making?

My s15 gets about 16L/100km bone stock, which is one of the reasons I'm getting rid of it. I absolutely love driving it, but high fuel price and the need for my wife to have a car she is comfortable to drive in means its time to go.

I figure if I ever want to get another in a couple of years they will only be a couple of grand. Prices are plummeting at the moment.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey
Had our annual NSX Club of Canada spring BBQ get-together yesterday.

If you ever wondered what what 20 NSX's, 2 S2000's, 1 E46 M3, 1 FD RX7, 1 Acura RL, 1 Subaru STi and a Ford F250 look like in one spot, here it is.

Next month we have our annual weekend away which includes a track day. I will doubtlessly whore out some more pictures of that when we get home too.

GTi_guy fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 28, 2014

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Notice they did it on a white car. People who have tried it on auto paint says it leaves a white haze on the car. I'm sure that eventually they'll figure out how to fix that, but until then, it's not ready for automotive use.

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.
Hung out with some cool folks out in Ione yesterday:

They had some okay stuff

This was really surprising to me - I didn't know there were any racing F2Gs left.

ursa_minor fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 28, 2014

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I'm having trouble picking a thread for this, but I'm gonna go with this one just because it's kinda impressive...

These guys were bring up the rear of what looks like a group of VWs. You can kind of make out the hella-flush Golf(?) in front of the lead truck.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They forgot the "political candidate endorsement" one.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

xzzy posted:

They forgot the "political candidate endorsement" one.

Mom glorification sticker

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*NPR license plate frame*

*crooked AAA Sticker*

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

dissss posted:

Obviously its not close to stock - I don't think there are many left that are. Its making just under 250rwkw (mines a GT-T and thus isn't AWD and only single turbo) and I'd like to point out that my daily drive is a lot of stop/start apart for a 15km stretch down the motorway which increases the fuel usage.

DropShadow posted:

Notice they did it on a white car. People who have tried it on auto paint says it leaves a white haze on the car. I'm sure that eventually they'll figure out how to fix that, but until then, it's not ready for automotive use.

Oh yea, this stuff is a low way off but combine it with that self healing paint they were working on a while ago and you've got some interesting times ahead.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'm having a really hard time figuring out what this is supposed to imply.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Slavvy posted:

I'm having a really hard time figuring out what this is supposed to imply.

While a dude is away in Iraq I'm nailing his wife.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

So that's...cool? Somehow? Like, is it an anti-war thing? Or an anti-army thing? Or what? I don't have the 'cultural' background to process this, it's just a baffling thing to want to stick on your car.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Slavvy posted:

So that's...cool? Somehow? Like, is it an anti-war thing? Or an anti-army thing? Or what? I don't have the 'cultural' background to process this, it's just a baffling thing to want to stick on your car.

You're reading too much into it. It's a less-crude "I'm loving your wife" bumper sticker.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Slavvy posted:

You certainly don't want to stick it on your car if you live around Quantico, VA or Beaufort, SC. Unless you really hate your car.

Content:

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 29, 2014

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

SyHopeful posted:

You're reading too much into it. It's a less-crude "I'm loving your wife" bumper sticker.

Given what it says and the fact it uses the USMC logo I'm betting the dent in the bumper next to it was a result of the sticker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org