Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

I like the happy left tooth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Male Man posted:

This is basically why WWI happened.

Speaking of which, the best Everett True's were the ones where he was forcing men to enlist for WWI, meaning that he basically killed a bunch of people. Anyway back to PYF Nedroid comic.

This one I feel is a perfect summary of Reginald and Beartato.

This one is part of a storyline, but it works on its own.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Buttersafe, 2014-04-17.

Buttersafe, 2014-04-24.

Wondermark, 2014-04-17.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Harrison you are a terrible teacher :colbert:

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
Beartato faces!

Hecuba
Jul 20, 2005

What we do is invent our images. And we build them.
If you don't do this at least twice a day, I have serious doubts that you are actually human.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Hecuba posted:

If you don't do this at least twice a day, I have serious doubts that you are actually human.

If you do this at least twice a day maybe get help

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

John Liver posted:

If you do this at least twice a day maybe get help

I think he means 'read nedroid', maybe twice a day is high average but understandable

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

I've probably read every Nedroid comic from this thread alone by now.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Me to, but I'm not complaining.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Beartato faces!

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

My favorite edit is this one where they play Dota.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

MuffinMan posted:

My favorite edit is this one where they play Dota.

Man, now you got me curious, and the only thing I can find is a million different variations on the "You made this?...I made this" comic.

Of course, I don't play Dota, so I probably wouldn't get it anyway.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

trapped mouse posted:

Man, now you got me curious, and the only thing I can find is a million different variations on the "You made this?...I made this" comic.

Of course, I don't play Dota, so I probably wouldn't get it anyway.

Something along the lines of "I'm going to carry some Russians"

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Nastyman posted:

Harrison you are a terrible teacher :colbert:

shades of

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Philippe has mouth problems. And is five.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Roast Beef just has problems.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
philippe has skeleton problems

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok you guys, confession time. I have never understood Achewood. Every panel, a two-tone waste. I feel it should be up my alley, but it's never tickled me in the right spot. Except "rap music, my droogs", that's pretty decent. Obviously, I'm the problem here, so how do I go about this?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Karate Bastard posted:

Ok you guys, confession time. I have never understood Achewood. Every panel, a two-tone waste. I feel it should be up my alley, but it's never tickled me in the right spot. Except "rap music, my droogs", that's pretty decent. Obviously, I'm the problem here, so how do I go about this?

Just don't read it.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
E: never mind, I'll just not read it

Not a viking has a new favorite as of 20:31 on Apr 27, 2014

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Karate Bastard posted:

I dunno. Achewood's awesome but if you don't like it then you don't like it. It is okay to not like things.

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

trapped mouse posted:

It is okay to not like things.

I don't know where the hell you got that idea.

edit: additional excellent achewood comic:

Roger Tangerines has a new favorite as of 20:45 on Apr 27, 2014

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
someone post the comic sans comic, that's my favorite, I'm just too lazy.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Austrian mook posted:

someone post the comic sans comic, that's my favorite, I'm just too lazy.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Someone post that one (can't remember the series) where the guy has a great dream about getting awesome tech support.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Karate Bastard posted:

The thing with Achewood is that it's very frequently punchline-free anti-humor. Other times it's just being surreal and absurd. Sometimes all of the above. You just kind of have to take it as it is, kick back, and enjoy the madness. Sometimes the only reason it's interesting is because it doesn't make any sense. There's a sort of loose continuity to it and some storylines going on but even that isn't necessarily consistent. Originally they were some stuffed animals that were actually alive but hiding from people and a few cats but that got abandoned, really, in lieu of just being a generally insane comic.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Karate Bastard posted:

It's bad.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

The first time I ever saw Achewood some one had linked this somewhere. Then I read the whole thing.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Karate Bastard posted:

We're both on that busted humerus bus, my man.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The thing about Achewood is that a lot (most for me) of the humour comes from how consistent the characterisation and dialogue is, particularly for Beef and Ray. There are funny one-off strips that work without context (like the comic sans one) but it works a lot better in general if you know the characters, how they talk and how they behave. I think the Badass Games storyline does a really good job of showing how the characters would act in a specific situation. Really though, if you don't like it, you don't like it. Most people I know don't.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Karate Bastard posted:

Have you tried starting at the beginning and reading a good chunk of them all at once? I was in the same boat as you, seeing the occasional one-off strip posted around and not getting it at all, until one day I overheard a coworker (who was big into it) saying "The humor takes a while to sink in - you have to read like 30 pages before it starts to click." I figured I'd give it a try one day and sure enough, right around page 30, it just transformed into a funny comic for me.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
It's one of those comics that is funny only in how you imagine the comic animating in your head. The panels alone are far too minimal to really translate the joke of the situation at face value--you can't really read it aloud to someone sitting next to you and still have it be funny. It's very good at how it manages to effectively communicate an idea with only the bare minimum of image combined with some of the most precise writing.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Roast Beef is my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Why not just post the link for the Beartato comic site instead of posting every last one. Also, all the hate for juvenile comedy like space moose means you are missing the brilliance of it's appeal towards youthful emotions and nostalgia. There was nothing wrong with laughing at poop and dicks when you were 12y/o, and nothing wrong with enjoying it now instead of living up your broken wannabe webcomic-elitist rear end all the time.

• Locked thread