Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Yeah, it booted me. I assumed it was a problem on my end, though. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is there a reason that this game takes an insanely long amount of time to load up? Once I've loaded the first hub, everything is fine, but it takes me about 7-8 minutes to get to that point. I'd play a lot more if it didn't take so long to get started.

I imagine it's your computer/internet connection. I am in-game within 10 seconds of pressing the login button after entering my password.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Apparently there is a new TC build up, with Invisible Woman live. Some of her powers are changed (people are saying she has a team-buff toggle now), effects tweaked (more transparent), people still bitching about INVISIBLE WOMAN SHOULD BE INVISIBLE ALL THE TIME :allears:

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

bonds0097 posted:

I imagine it's your computer/internet connection. I am in-game within 10 seconds of pressing the login button after entering my password.

That could be it, but they've been having major server issues all weekend. This tends to happen (servers making GBS threads the bed) whenever they run the big/popular events.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

bonds0097 posted:

The weird thing is, other games boot up fine, so I doubt it's my PC, and I have a 17 MB/s downstream and 5MB/s up, so I don't think it's either of those, I think it's some kind of technical thing with the game that's making it not play nice with my hardware. I was looking online and some other people have weirdly long load times, so I was hoping someone might have some ideas as to how to fix it.

PoultryHammock posted:

That could be it, but they've been having major server issues all weekend. This tends to happen (servers making GBS threads the bed) whenever they run the big/popular events.

I've been playing since launch, albeit on-and-off, and the server traffic never seems to really effect it. It's a little worse this weekend, but even at the best of times, if I'm in and playing in less than 5 minutes, it's a miracle.

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The weird thing is, other games boot up fine, so I doubt it's my PC, and I have a 17 MB/s downstream and 5MB/s up, so I don't think it's either of those, I think it's some kind of technical thing with the game that's making it not play nice with my hardware. I was looking online and some other people have weirdly long load times, so I was hoping someone might have some ideas as to how to fix it.

I've been playing since launch, albeit on-and-off, and the server traffic never seems to really effect it. It's a little worse this weekend, but even at the best of times, if I'm in and playing in less than 5 minutes, it's a miracle.

It is REALLY funky, since it only affects me and a couple of my friends on these big events, there are plenty of people I know who are in your boat though, so its not just you. Most people I know don't have any problems with other online games either (I know my friends and I don't at least). It seems pretty clear its an issue on their end in any event.

Orgone Accumulator
Jan 28, 2006

It's been a long time coming.
I have the same issue, but not as bad. When I start the game it takes about a minute of nothing much happening before it gets to the login screen. I remember it being much worse.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DrPaper posted:

Thanks for this, was actually coming to post to see if any C2E2 info was out. Not sure what Marvel Siege Loki is, considering female Loki is already out and that's what he looked like during Siege.

I posted a pic of that, and the new Nightcrawler X-Force costume this past Wednesday. Here they are again:

New Loki Siege costume:

New Nightcrawler X-Force costume:

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

PoultryHammock posted:

It is REALLY funky, since it only affects me and a couple of my friends on these big events, there are plenty of people I know who are in your boat though, so its not just you. Most people I know don't have any problems with other online games either (I know my friends and I don't at least). It seems pretty clear its an issue on their end in any event.

Yeah the game won't even let me log in right now. This is the first time I've ever had this issue. Gaz servers taking a dump.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
They went too far. The deals were too great! They've broken the bonus singularity, and brought doom upon us all.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Captain Bravo posted:

They went too far. The deals were too great! They've broken the bonus singularity, and brought doom upon us all.

are they going to give us an extra day or increase the RIF/SIF/XP bonus because of this inconvenience????

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
The Doom That Came To Starktech

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
Is anyone able to get past the Loki screen? Everytime I log in today I end up getting stuck at this screen.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Bahanahab posted:

Is anyone able to get past the Loki screen? Everytime I log in today I end up getting stuck at this screen.

The trick is to never log out

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Bahanahab posted:

Same here, I log in and it's just the Loki screen. Sad times.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
Now I'm getting in. Unfortunately, this is followed by a disconnect that will roll me back to when I first logged in.

Just lost all the xp and items I gained from the past two X-Defense I did.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Ugh. Glad I didn't miss much over the last eighteen hours. :(

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011
I ended up having to reset my IP address a couple of times before it'd let me log in. Restarting your PC should have the same effect if you don't want to tinker with that

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
RE: Captain America powers, don't sleep on Leaping Strike. It got a large boost in damage, and it neither has a cooldown nor gets locked out during Shield Bounce, so it is very spammable with it's cheap spirit cost.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Death From the Trees procs Idol of Khonshu on every tick.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

I posted a pic of that, and the new Nightcrawler X-Force costume this past Wednesday. Here they are again:

New Loki Siege costume:

New Nightcrawler X-Force costume:

Thanks.

WarLocke posted:

people still bitching about INVISIBLE WOMAN SHOULD BE INVISIBLE ALL THE TIME :allears:

Well I mean, come on, she's called The Invisible Woman?? That's just false-advertising.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
C2E2 panel from this weekend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpPYtDINbH4

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The truth is if she was invisible 100% no one would want to buy a costume for her! Gaz just wants money! :siren:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

ded posted:

The truth is if she was invisible 100% no one would want to buy a costume for her! Gaz just wants money! :siren:

Tell that to Jean and Diamond Emma players. Then there's so much visual clutter at most times an invisible character wouldn't mean much-they're invisible anyway.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

So what is the teaser at the end for?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

WarLocke posted:

Apparently there is a new TC build up, with Invisible Woman live. Some of her powers are changed (people are saying she has a team-buff toggle now), effects tweaked (more transparent), people still bitching about INVISIBLE WOMAN SHOULD BE INVISIBLE ALL THE TIME :allears:

This is literally the smallest problem she has I wish it wasn't such a thing. She is so weak overall and her powers are really hosed up at the moment :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kuai posted:

So what is the teaser at the end for?

Secret Invasion.

It was a story in the comics where they revealed that many big name characters had over time been replaced by Skrulls (Shapeshifting aliens) and were plotting a takeover.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I played her a bunch and tried a ton of builds so here's a bunch of words about Squirrel Girl builds.

People seem to want to argue with me about the build I like to use, which is by no means perfect or ideal or anything. I just enjoy it a lot.

It is focused around pet damage.

Here's my gear:

- Latverian Regalia
- Advanced Latverian Regalia (Frigga blessing)
- Raptor Stone (Frigga blessing)
- Brevik's Cowbell (Frigga blessing)
- Mr. Sinister Medallion
- Physical Damage Uru (Beast Master runeword)
- Trident legendary
- Death Seed
- Eidolon Warwear
- Legacy of Kraven
- Tippy Toe's Itty Bitty Bow (of course)
- Trask Commander Helm

Coming this tuesday I'll be switching from the Trask Helm to a VS Series Cards since they're going to be getting more pet damage than Trask has. I also still need another Frigga blessing to have all four slots filled.

With that gear, plus the Rocket Raccoon synergy and Magik Team-Up passive(and the bonus from Intelligence), my Pet Damage is at 263%. It will go up some when I switch to the new VS cards. My squirrels, at rank 28, do roughly 1,500-2100ish damage per tick baseline. They crit roughly 36% of the time (2,400-3,300ish per tick) and have a 17% chance to Brutal Strike (4,900-6,400ish per tick). Keep in mind there are 30 of these little guys active simultaneously attacking everything in sight, or focusing on a single target when I use Sic Em.

Tippy Toe (granted by the Unique) is doing some work as well, with a baseline of 28,000-37,000 damage per tick. She doesn't normally get crits or brutal strikes, which is a little disappointing, but I've seen her do it from time to time so I think she inherits those from auras or maybe team insignias. I'm not 100% on Tippy Toe's mechanics, she used to benefit from Special Forces but doesn't seem to now. I don't know if she's broken or behaving as intended or what.

I like pet damage! Many people have brought up that it is probably more ideal to invest a little bit in pet damage and more in damage rating so SG herself can deal more damage and contribute more. That's totally valid, and probably would make her much better in melee.

Here's my current build though:

Max: Squirrel Friend, Squirrel Special Forces, Squirrel!, Squirrelpocalypse, Nutcracker
Point-Dump: Hulkbuster Squirrels, Squirrel Cunning
One-Point: Sic 'Em, Squirrel Distraction

Squirrel Friend and Special Forces should be used whenever they're off cooldown to summon max squirrels and buff the hell out of them. Sic Em keeps them focused on a single target and buffs their damage a bit more and should be used liberally.

I didn't pick up Nutcracker until today but it does very strong single-target damage and doesn't suffer from some of the enemy-seeking issues that Hulkbuster Squirrels(where those points used to be) tend to encounter. This is your single-target spirit spender. Just be careful- you don't want to run out of spirit on Squirrel Girl since she needs to keep her squirrels buffed and call new ones out constantly. And like was mentioned earlier in the thread, DFTT triggers the Idol of Khonshu proc on every tick so there's theoretically a build somewhere in there. The ricochet from Squirrel! should also do the same but would require more work to keep active.

Squirrel! helps eliminate a lot of spirit issues by regenerating spirit per hit. Works better when you're fighting groups, bosses with minions, or X-Def waves. On single targets it's going to regen spirit much more slowly and you need to watch your spirit use more carefully (again- you never want to be unable to summon squirrels). Squirrelpocalypse is basically your AoE if Squirrel! can't handle things. You also want to use it on bosses to keep the bleed and vulnerability up.

Squirrel Girl is a lot of fun right now and she's the only character in the game who can gear for pet damage and actually be strong due to it. So when you get all those pet artifacts and want to throw them in the trash, remember, Rocket Racoon is not the only character who loves garbage. So do squirrels.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 27, 2014

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it

anyone get any of the codes from this? couldn't make any out

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

ded posted:

I mean, Human Torch is always on fire, the Thing is always the Thing, so why isn't Sue invisible? what the hell Gaz?

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Kelp Plankton posted:

Squirrel Girl is a lot of fun right now and she's the only character in the game who can gear for pet damage and actually be strong due to it.

Actually loki isnt bad with pet gear currently.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

DrPaper posted:

I mean, Human Torch is always on fire, the Thing is always the Thing, so why isn't Sue invisible? what the hell Gaz?

So you believe Reed Richards is always fantastic?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

DrPaper posted:

the Thing is always the Thing

The Devil you say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Jv8zbUsf4

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zoobtro posted:

anyone get any of the codes from this? couldn't make any out

They were all already posted. If you missed them, you can find them on Hub4Heroes.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
So, dicking around with Ghost Rider, is Hellfire worth using as a basic over Chain Thrash? I'm having a stupid amount of fun with the character so far but I've always preferred ranged types in these games.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

People seem to want to argue with me about the build I like to use, which is by no means perfect or ideal or anything. I just enjoy it a lot.

And it turns out you end up using almost exactly the same build I use anyway, haha. I had a couple questions though!

quote:

- Eidolon Warwear

Do you know if the T-Shirt has been tweaked at all yet? I know they're adding health to it next patch. If it hasn't changed, right now you can get more survivability (Eidolon, Symbiote) or more DPS (Amulet of Right, Nate Grey) but not both at the same time.

quote:

- Legacy of Kraven

Is this contributing more pet damage than +6 skill to the pet tree? Back of the envelope math (assuming you're at about 30 skill in Squirrel Friend without the belt) puts it at a ~9.6% increase in the base damage of all squirrel pet powers, which in your gear is the equivalent of ~35% pet damage. This is on top of the damage it contributes to all of your ranged attacks from the boost to the ranged tree. It's closer if Kraven can roll +2 all-skill, or if squirrels despawning counts for the ally death proc. How high can Kraven roll for pet damage?

I think the Squirrel Systems belt starts at about on par with Kraven (at a baseline of nLV/ALV/int bonus and 25 or so skill in Squirrel Friend) and only gets better as you approach BIS like Kelp is, but I'm interested to see if anyone can point out holes in my assumptions.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 27, 2014

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I played Diablo 3 for close to 100 hours, and over the years, probably a couple times that in Diablo 2, never saw any of the cool unique items. I play Marvel Heroes for one afternoon, and I already have the Punisher's Davy Crockett, and some sort of magic rock that lets him summon a velociraptor.

Also, I threw in all the promo codes I could find, and the random hero one gave me Rocket Raccoon.

What I'm saying is this game is awesome.

Mayor Defacto
Apr 21, 2010

At level 47 and I'm following one of the TM builds posted earlier:

Buffs: Flawless Emulation, Peerless Archer, Impervious Soldier
Main attacks: Foeslayer, Deadly Volley and Shield Crush

Are any of the other powers worth adding to or swapping for the above? I'm levelling TM at the moment to fight Loki and I am getting crushed on his second form with that massive gently caress off dome that just wrecks me everytime. He shows up as green but I'm still way too fragile :(

And is there any TM gear that I should keep an eye out for?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Minor question, but every time I launch the game on Steam it always attempts to install something and Window gives me a security request prior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Rirse posted:

Minor question, but every time I launch the game on Steam it always attempts to install something and Window gives me a security request prior.
Find the game's folder in steamapps\common and try renaming 226320_install.vdf to 226320_install.old, or something along those lines.

• Locked thread