Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
RobertxLee is a decent enough guy who was lucky enough to be able to play competitively less than a year after falling down a flight of stairs and giving himself retrograde amnesia. I hope he succeeds because he used to troll the poo poo out of HotshotGG and it was hilarious every time :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Power of Pecota posted:

That was hilarious - this has to be a big boost for CLB's morale, especially with how hard Westrice got crushed. I wonder if they'll let Shiphtur have LeBlanc after that to get a Lee ban.

His lane got focused really hard, but did he really get crushed? He stayed even in CS and remained relevant in many of CLB's plays. He just couldn't stop Zion.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Prolly is ok I guess but if you don't think solo Q cheese master Robert X and Akali Main Westrice aren't LCS quality idk what to tell you.

Robert has always been good mechanically and lately he's been actually putting in the time to be a 5v5 player.

Gotta agree on Westrice, though. I've never seen that dude do well. I bet if they make it into the LCS he's the first to be replaced.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Prolly is ok I guess but if you don't think solo Q cheese master Robert X and Akali Main Westrice aren't LCS quality idk what to tell you.

CLB managed to win despite westrice, hopefully they can relegate coast and then steal Zion, although CLG will probably beat them to getting Zion. If nothing else CLB is a hell of lot more fun to watch than coast.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Jayisspecial posted:

His lane got focused really hard, but did he really get crushed? He stayed even in CS and remained relevant in many of CLB's plays. He just couldn't stop Zion.

His KDA was positive, moral victory

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Colonel Squish posted:

Robert has always been good mechanically and lately he's been actually putting in the time to be a 5v5 player.

Gotta agree on Westrice, though. I've never seen that dude do well. I bet if they make it into the LCS he's the first to be replaced.

well, they might be able to replace westrice with the player who carried the game for both teams last game: zionspartan.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

I don't really care who won mid game one (and I wish we'd seen what happened there) we've seen poo poo fur and prolly both in the LCS and shifter can have decent games against any mid in NA and prolly mostly played hybrid Kennan, IIRC.

Haha what is this rivals.com

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Oh man these dudes in Complexity Black have no swag, I'd rather see Zion crush or get crushed and Coast's bot lane get bodied every game than these guys

Brokenshard looks mad gross

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Link secretly rooting for CLB so he can nab Zion.

My wife is a huge Zion+CLG fangirl so she will be insufferable if that happens. :(

edit: Prolly has a lot of swag. :mad:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I don't really care who won mid game one (and I wish we'd seen what happened there) we've seen poo poo fur and prolly both in the LCS and shifter can have decent games against any mid in NA and prolly mostly played hybrid Kennan, IIRC.

RobertXLee has forgotten more about League of Legends than you will ever know :colbert:

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
that loving mustache belongs on a 40 year old trucker not a 19 year old nerd wtf

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
i want to kiss pr0lly on the mouth

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Damiya posted:

that loving mustache belongs on a 40 year old trucker not a 19 year old nerd wtf

I thought bubbadub was like mid 20s since he is married and has a house and poo poo.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Prolly plays funk bass to chill down after a long day of dominating midlane. How can you not root for this man?

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

steakmancer posted:

Oh man these dudes in Complexity Black have no swag, I'd rather see Zion crush or get crushed and Coast's bot lane get bodied every game than these guys

Brokenshard looks mad gross

Lmao please watch literally any prolly interview and then revise your statements w/r/t swag.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

I wonder if Bubbadub could 1v1 Dyrus IRL.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Zion kicked Prolly out of a culling in one of those Baron fights (You can see it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkpeW4mEmM0&t=25223s )

I do like how CLB are playing as a unit, if they can improve their actual midgame and get a better toplaner they might be solid.

TheChad posted:

Link secretly rooting for CLB so he can nab Zion.

My wife is a huge Zion+CLG fangirl so she will be insufferable if that happens. :(

edit: Prolly has a lot of swag. :mad:

CLG Zoro seems like the better choice to me, I don't feel like Zion is what they need even if he is a mechanical upgrade on Nien.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
prolly is such a sleazebag but i can't hate him i can't

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
pr0lly is an obnoxious piece of poo poo despite his 4chan appeal, so gently caress CLB, even if it means Shiphtur stays suck on a terrible team.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Zion is like the exact opposite of the type of top laner CLG needs. I would be shocked if Monte doesn't pick up Apple or MakNoon from Korea, the region where good solo laners grow on trees

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

K8.0 posted:

pr0lly is an obnoxious piece of poo poo despite his 4chan appeal, so gently caress CLB, even if it means Shiphtur stays suck on a terrible team.

Where's this coming from? The old coL team saying he was too critical in scrims?

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

steakmancer posted:

Zion is like the exact opposite of the type of top laner CLG needs. I would be shocked if Monte doesn't pick up Apple or MakNoon from Korea, the region where good solo laners grow on trees

I think he really wanted someone who spoke perfect English for easier team synergy.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Mundo/Shyvana?

"The more things change, the more they stay the same."

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Previous Jesus posted:

Where's this coming from? The old coL team saying he was too critical in scrims?

He's pushed away a few teammates, both on CoL and on the old Legion.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Zion running runic shield on Shyv, gotta take notes

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Previous Jesus posted:

Meh, when four people + organization agree a good player needs to be kicked, he was probably a massive dick. On the other hand, he seems nice enough.

e: #Shiphtur'sGameFace

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
YO DAT BOY BROKENSHARD

Hell of a start for a momentum-heavy game!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
that dude was leaping out of his chair wiping out Nintendude

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
I'm going to refrain from posting much during the game but If I did it would basically just be "get fukt" after every time CLB does something good or CST screws up.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Colonel Squish posted:

Meh, when four people + organization agree a good player needs to be kicked, he was probably a massive dick. On the other hand, he seems nice enough.

What's weird is CLB kicked their midlaner for being poisonous at one point and then they replaced him with the player kicked off of Complexity for being poisonous after they became Complexity.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
2 MORE

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

steakmancer posted:

How much of Zion's aggression and risk-taking is due to him having to carry his team? You can try to make big plays, or you can sit on your rear end in top-lane while the rest of your team gets rolled. I don't understand the flat-out aversion CLG has to the idea of training players to compliment their team.

"You're a mechanically gifted player that gets pushed to make risky plays because your team is terrible? Sorry, we're not interested. There's no top-lane talent in NA."

edit: gently caress, Nintendude, I feel bad for you son.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
3-0 coming

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Not really sure if CLG wants to take that gamble trying to turn Zion into some sort of tank-picking, un-tiltable butterfly

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
Wtf was that flash

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

"He's gunna flash-- but I don't know why..."

e: I think this comes down to Westrice vs. Nintendude, who can die more? Or not, he's outfarming Zion :(

"Just foolish play."

"He doesn't need to do that."

Colonel Squish fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 27, 2014

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
Wow Brokenshard is doing work. And a solid dragon if they don't lose anythign else..

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Colonel Squish posted:

That's true, but I can also look at MegaZero, MeyeA, and Chuuper and see how they might not be very good at taking criticism. I do feel pretty bad for the old compLexity, but if pr0lly gets along fine with his team now then I'd be happy to see him in the LCS.

e: Maybe if CLB win they could replace Westrice with Nien if for some reason they can't get ZionSpartan? I don't know who else would be that much of an upgrade.

Previous Jesus fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 27, 2014

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Transient People posted:

YO DAT BOY BROKENSHARD

I swear it's not an emptyquote! What a turnaround there! And that dragon wasn't ideal, but it pads the lead and that's all that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
haha Jatt has lost all patience with Westrice. I've never heard a caster lay criticism that thick onto a single player.

• Locked thread