Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

What a great season for gifs

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

rats off to ya posted:

Kompany in the PFA team of the year over Terry lol

Kompany is poo poo

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 487 days!

vaginal culture posted:

Kompany is poo poo

He is really gonna have to find another "gear" if he's going to return to his form from a while back.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

And on page 88 of all pages lol

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

vaginal culture posted:

And on page 88 of all pages lol

i'm going to hell anyway op

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Tony Pulis' greatest achievement as a manager has to be making Scott Dann into a good player.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

So does this mean we just close down TRP now and move on to other things?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I'm really glad that this is probably going to go down to the last day of the season. Because nothing can top off this crazy loving season like Andy Carroll scoring against City on the last day to hand Liverpool the title.

Also

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Hazard got PFA young player of the year. Sturridge second, Shaw third.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Shrapnig posted:

It just had to be Gerrard to gently caress it all up.

You could cut loving diamond with my erection right now.

Settle down brah

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Suarez wins PFA POTY
https://twitter.com/PFA/status/460548823711219712

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The Fully Sick XI respects the sport, and waits till all games have been played before doling out honors.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

the Pyrrhic Football Awards

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 487 days!

vaginal culture posted:

The Fully Sick XI respects the sport, and waits till all games have been played before doling out honors.

Except Toure is def on it and so is Suarez. And Dzeko.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Xbox One posted:

Except Toure is def on it and so is Suarez. And Dzeko.

Plenty of games left, you never know what could happen.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Im happy about this, and its funny Yaya scored that amazing goal today, he's been immense again and gave everyone a reminder on the pitch about that. Id like to know where he came in the voting.

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 487 days!

vaginal culture posted:

Plenty of games left, you never know what could happen.

Each of those guys could become even more sick

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Bit late but oh my god. Oh my God.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

jynxed posted:

I was thinking this myself, the league has been won and lost many times down the years on the last day of the season. Chelsea came to frustrate today and they did it well, managed to defend deep and not give away anything too stupid around the edge of the box. Liverpool should have expected this though as chelsea under mourinho arnt the most adventurous going forward. I think Gerrards mistake in the 1st half seemed to be on his mind in the second, he has been great this season and seemed to want to make up for the mistake too much taking the shot rather than look for people who where maybe better options or movement ahead.

The winning streak had to come to an end at some point but still point to play for and still in with a shout for the league. Thats a long way from last couple of seasons.
Liverpool did expect it and played accordingly (a 0-0 draw would not have been ideal but would have left the league in Liverpools hands), but then Gerrard fell down and gifted it to probably the only Chelsea striker I'd put money on converting the opportunity. Not really that complex. Happy to be back in the CL, still have a glimmer of hope for the league and will be gutted if we give it away.

Modus Trollens posted:

"We can still do it" -> "just happy to be here" in one post, drat nice meltdown source your quotes next time
Can Liverpool fans not be elated to be back in the CL and to be challenging for the title while still being hopeful for the next few weeks?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

cheese posted:

Can Liverpool fans not be elated to be back in the CL and to be challenging for the title while still being hopeful for the next few weeks?

Pretend I posted that loving boom bust poo poo here.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Mickolution posted:

Hazard got PFA young player of the year. Sturridge second, Shaw third.

he's loving 23. Young player should be less than 19

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

ayb posted:

he's loving 23. Young player should be less than 19

He'll be eligible next year, too. Just have to be 23 for any part of the season.

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 487 days!
There are hardly any 19 year olds in the premier league. 23 is still young.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

tarbrush posted:

[meltdown]

I loving hate Mourinho. gently caress him, gently caress Chelsea.

[/meltdown]
Mourinho is Mourinho, we knew what to expect. I'm more annoyed that we didn't seem to have a clue how to break them down. There were times we could have broken a bit quicker but Mignolet's awful distribution doesn't really allow us to do that. When they were sitting back with the back 4 and the 5 in front of them, we needed runners to get in behind, but nobody was doing it. We were way too static.

We're still in with a shout. Have to say, the atmosphere was incredible. One of the best games I've been to despite the result.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Mickolution posted:

Pretend I posted that loving boom bust poo poo here.

Its amazing how that always seems to apply

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Why is Kompany in the team of the year instead of Lovren

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

cheese posted:

they may get a trophy from this

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hegay posted:

Why is Kompany in the team of the year instead of Lovren
Footballers are retards

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

irlZaphod posted:

Mourinho is Mourinho, we knew what to expect. I'm more annoyed that we didn't seem to have a clue how to break them down. There were times we could have broken a bit quicker but Mignolet's awful distribution doesn't really allow us to do that. When they were sitting back with the back 4 and the 5 in front of them, we needed runners to get in behind, but nobody was doing it. We were way too static.

Centre backs aside, I really don't see any different line-ups that Rodgers could have gone with. We had our chances early just didn't take them.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Hmm looks like Liverpool are bottling the title? I bet those posters who were complaining about the scoozers not declaring themselves outright favorites are eating their words now.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Centre backs aside, I really don't see any different line-ups that Rodgers could have gone with. We had our chances early just didn't take them.

Henderson and a fit Sturridge were big losses as there were very few runs being made in behind the (ridiculously deep) Chelsea defence. This basically allowed Chelsea to double up on Suarez at all times.

We didn't deserve to win and Chelsea defended fantastically. Ba deserves a mention too as he put in a great shift up front and caused us all sorts of problems. Amazes me that he's not had more of an opportunity. In saying that Chelsea are basically a richer Stoke. Dirty as gently caress and play terrible football.

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like
:love:moray cup:love:
:love:sheep:love:

:love:haim:love:

Ewar Woowar posted:

Henderson and a fit Sturridge were big losses as there were very few runs being made in behind the (ridiculously deep) Chelsea defence. This basically allowed Chelsea to double up on Suarez at all times.

We didn't deserve to win and Chelsea defended fantastically. Ba deserves a mention too as he put in a great shift up front and caused us all sorts of problems. Amazes me that he's not had more of an opportunity. In saying that Chelsea are basically a richer Stoke. Dirty as gently caress and play terrible football.

Ba's distribution when he brought down the ball was horrendous

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

8raz posted:

Hmm looks like Liverpool are bottling the title? I bet those posters who were complaining about the scoozers not declaring themselves outright favorites are eating their words now.

In order to bottle something you usually have to be the outright favourites.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

northward posted:

Ba's distribution when he brought down the ball was horrendous

This. There was a great chance w/ Schurrle running down the wing and instead of through balling it, they threw it way behind him, killing any counter-attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Duncan Sperguson posted:

In order to bottle something you usually have to be the outright favourites.

Not really no

• Locked thread