Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Endless Mike posted:

Every time I see Animated figures, I'm sad I missed them because they all look like really fun toys.

I actually purged my collection of almost all of the TFA line (kept the Dinobots, Megatron, Optimus, Shockwave, Arcee and Prowl), because I found them to be pretty dull overall. I like the visual design of most of the characters but I just never quite dug the physical transformations much. I was also super disappointed in the crappy Seeker mold, although I guess that's kind of good because I totally would have collected all the Starscream personas otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Keldroc posted:

I actually purged my collection of almost all of the TFA line (kept the Dinobots, Megatron, Optimus, Shockwave, Arcee and Prowl), because I found them to be pretty dull overall. I like the visual design of most of the characters but I just never quite dug the physical transformations much. I was also super disappointed in the crappy Seeker mold, although I guess that's kind of good because I totally would have collected all the Starscream personas otherwise.

You got rid of Swindle?, He's the best little jeep. Or you never had him, in which case get a TFA Swindle.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Animated Magnus and Blackout please. I think it was animated Jazz that got me into collecting most of the buggers. Prowl turning into a symmetrical robot from a motorcycle just sealed the deal for me.

Most of the voyagers were a huge miss however. The seeker mold, Wreck-Gar, voyager Bulkhead. Not that they were offensively bad like those Kenzan/choochoo Go! toys but the seeker planes were craptacular.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Shockwave, Ultra Magnus, leader Megatron, Soundwave, Swindle, Rodimus and Jazz are probably the coolest Animated figures in my book.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MP Ultra Magnus is $140 before shipping at HLJ.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

$121 on Anime Export http://www.anime-export.com/product/19423

Chu Chu
Jun 15, 2010

AzMiLion posted:

You got rid of Swindle?, He's the best little jeep. Or you never had him, in which case get a TFA Swindle.

Everyone should have a Swindle. When I look at him on my shelf, I am reminded about how much money I have spent on plastic robots.

Maybe it's kind of gimmick-y, but I like how the TFA eyes are clear plastic to show the light from behind. (And in Swindle's case he has the little cat pupils even)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chu Chu posted:

Everyone should have a Swindle. When I look at him on my shelf, I am reminded about how much money I have spent on plastic robots.

Maybe it's kind of gimmick-y, but I like how the TFA eyes are clear plastic to show the light from behind. (And in Swindle's case he has the little cat pupils even)

Lightpiping is the best gimmick outside of "a robot that you can fold up to look like a truck".

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I don't even understand how Swindle's piping works, though! How can he have such awesome show-accurate pupils?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Animated Lockdown is also a terrific toy.

And um...Oil Slick? Is that his name? The bike with the ram's head. He was the only transformer I bought from ages 13-26.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Captain Magic posted:

Animated Lockdown is also a terrific toy.

And um...Oil Slick? Is that his name? The bike with the ram's head. He was the only transformer I bought from ages 13-26.

That is Oil Slick and he was totally rad, weird barrelchuck weapons aside.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

WHY ME GRIMLOCK ONLY WALK BACKWARDS!?

Man how do you make this loving toy hold this drat sword yeah OK good enough now about this blaster ah gently caress it I'm just taking the picture like this and call it a day.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ME GRIMLOCK HAVING BIG PROBLEM WITH PELVIS INJURY

Chu Chu
Jun 15, 2010
I'm just embarrassed for myself when I am holding an action figure up to the light and marveling that "Ooh, his eyes look like they are glowing...well, that's cute."

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Thinking about this. Anyone ever use them? I'm wondering if they do the HLJ thing where you pay for a preorder when it ships, or if you pay upfront.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ForeverSmug posted:

Thinking about this. Anyone ever use them? I'm wondering if they do the HLJ thing where you pay for a preorder when it ships, or if you pay upfront.

Anime export make you pay up front. So I just pre-ordered through HLJ because that's better.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

ForeverSmug posted:

Pay upfront. Never used em but now I have 2 pre-orders with them (UM and Bee).

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Anime export make you pay up front. So I just pre-ordered through HLJ because that's better.

On the one hand, that seems like a good idea, (BBTS, where I get most of my stuff does that too) but on the other hand, when you preorder a bunch of expensive imports not having to worry about when what goes through when at your bank is some comfort. I'm tempted.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 25, 2014

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Wow, Gaia Unicron is even worse than I heard it was. This is a seriously terrible figure. Thing has a total of one mode out of three that looks semi-decent and it's prone to coming to pieces as you transform it. Just what is it with all the Japan exclusive new mold Prime figures(not counting Breakdown) and being god awful?

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I almost just bought a white MP2 Magnus for $140 dollars. But then I realized that they'll probably make an MP10 version after the full Magnus.

They....they will right? I shouldn't buy it right? Oh god help meeee

The Goon fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 26, 2014

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I don't even understand how Swindle's piping works, though! How can he have such awesome show-accurate pupils?

Air bubbles in the piping. no loving clue why he's the only one to have em.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

So I'm thinking of grabbing an MP-11 Starscream here soon. You think there's any way I could grab one for anywhere under $200? Ebay prices seem to hover around there.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
$200 seems to be about as good as it gets for MP-11.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

ForeverSmug posted:

So I'm thinking of grabbing an MP-11 Starscream here soon. You think there's any way I could grab one for anywhere under $200? Ebay prices seem to hover around there.

Yeah he got re-released at $199, even preorders I think we're like $189 if you got them early.

edit: He's in stock with free shipping over at Toy Dojo

http://www.toydojo.com/masterpiece-mp-11-coronation-starscream/

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Apr 28, 2014

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Target finally threw the rest of their Predacon Rising exclusive stuff on clearance, so if you've been waiting to pick anything up now's your chance.

Also this will hopefully mean they'll finally be putting some new stock out before the movie toys hit.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
A few months back we discussed a cool idea of a Cybertron pirate crew. Then Botcon came along and killed our enthusiasm for such an idea.

But I got thinking and this crew would be ace, jumping through continuities, pillaging and looting in a dead Tidalwave flying ship. :metal:

Captain Black Rodimus, RID Stormjet, ROTF Banzaitron, Energon Scorponok and wait for it.... Cybertron Dark Scorponok. Because you see whacky hijinks.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Veg posted:

A few months back we discussed a cool idea of a Cybertron pirate crew. Then Botcon came along and killed our enthusiasm for such an idea.

But I got thinking and this crew would be ace, jumping through continuities, pillaging and looting in a dead Tidalwave flying ship. :metal:

Captain Black Rodimus, RID Stormjet, ROTF Banzaitron, Energon Scorponok and wait for it.... Cybertron Dark Scorponok. Because you see whacky hijinks.

I got Thundertron from RiD a while back and felt compelled to make my own pirate crew of him, Armada Tidal Wave, Cybertron Thunderblast, HFTD Brimstone, Cybertron Cannonball and that PCC boat dude. Also that dragon boat dude from webdiver.

Thundertron is a cool toy but its really kind of weird for a pirate to turn into a lion and not like... something nautical.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
He's a space pirate not a sea pirate and turning into something work related is pretty gauche imo. Imagine being the captain of a band of pirates and you turn into a shark. You make people walk the plank and then you have to run around and turn into a shark and eat them yourself. Awful. Also I guess he wasn't always a pirate, he was something where being a lion would make sense and then he became a pirate to get vengeance on the Cybertronians or whatever.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

EthanSteele posted:

He's a space pirate not a sea pirate and turning into something work related is pretty gauche imo. Imagine being the captain of a band of pirates and you turn into a shark. You make people walk the plank and then you have to run around and turn into a shark and eat them yourself. Awful. Also I guess he wasn't always a pirate, he was something where being a lion would make sense and then he became a pirate to get vengeance on the Cybertronians or whatever.

A pirate captain that turns into a shark... awful? YOU TAKE THAT BACK! :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmT0HPQPAoo

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Why is he wearing an entire train on his head?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Why not?

But yeah I managed to get the sonokong Captain Shark off BBTS a couple years back and he is awesome as hell. That was $35 well spent. I've wanted to get said train too (Advenger) but he's expensive as hell and impossible to get.

I've been thinking of getting this guy when he comes out:

Sencho Barbossa is the most awesome name.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Veg posted:

I think you meant : rock : :rock: instead of :metal: People use that word way too often so it probably has something to do with that.

Side note: if you don't have the back if your hand facing you when you make the metal horns, ur dumb and your doing it wrong. :colbert:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Why wouldn't you want a full train on your head? Especially when it looks like it's a giant cannon.

Speaking of trains, I found a Knight Morpher Annihilator for 30 bucks at this old local toy shop, god bless you secondhand stores. :allears:

:swoon:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Have G1 Seaspray as a stowaway. When the pirates confront him, he eats a tin of spinach and turns into ROTF Seaspray.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Why not?

But yeah I managed to get the sonokong Captain Shark off BBTS a couple years back and he is awesome as hell. That was $35 well spent. I've wanted to get said train too (Advenger) but he's expensive as hell and impossible to get.

This thing looks amazing, but I can't get past the 90 dollar price tag.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Arsenal_12 posted:

This thing looks amazing, but I can't get past the 90 dollar price tag.

Oh, it's gonna be $90? Well... I like Captain Shark, but I dunno if I like him that much. Probably not going to be able to afford him in that case.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gammatron 64 posted:

Hector Barbossa is my spirit animal.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Oh, it's gonna be $90? Well... I like Captain Shark, but I dunno if I like him that much. Probably not going to be able to afford him in that case.

That's the BBTS Pre-order price. I haven't checked anywhere else.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Do you think Astrotrian is ever embarrassed because he has to wear that little tailfin Dickie? It's hard to take someone seriously when they look like a robotic Freddie Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I think you meant : rock : :rock: instead of :metal: People use that word way too often so it probably has something to do with that.

Side note: if you don't have the back if your hand facing you when you make the metal horns, ur dumb and your doing it wrong. :colbert:

You caught me, I'm a filthy mobile user with bad memory.

In other news, the Transformers Comics app for iOS just got good news - it will still be, permanently, taking iTunes money for payments on comics and support in-app purchases.