Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I enjoy the Womplerverse enough, but all I need is Listler when we get Wompler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Speaking of Wempler and Lissler I saw a TERRIBLE commercial for Playing House. The actual voiceover for the commercial:

quote:

What do you get when you take the saleswoman from Bridesmaids, the therapist from Arrested Development , half of Key and Peele, one of the bosses from The Office, that guy from the 40 Year Old Virgin, and Mac's mom from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, then put them all into a show from one of the creators of Old School and Road Trip? Playing House!

Please promote the fact that the show is a bunch of nobodies, and nothing else.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it worked very well for Harold and Kumar 1

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Yeah why would I want to watch a show featuring a bunch of people I enjoyed in their roles of things I've liked?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Brock Samson posted:

Speaking of Wempler and Lissler I saw a TERRIBLE commercial for Playing House. The actual voiceover for the commercial:

The names "Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parnham" don't mean poo poo to most people, but this is a character actor show and they (and the rest of the cast) have had memorable supporting turns in bigger projects. Considering that "That guy from the 40 Year Old Virgin" is likely how USA's target audience would refer to anybody who wasn't Steve Carrell from that film, it's probably a pretty effective spot.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
You mean Paul Rudd is in this???

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

Oh drat, half of Key & Peele is in that?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Oh wow, the guest lineup today is quite something.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Besser's new character is the dumbest thing and I love every it so much.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I just pictured everyone daring him to come up with his own teenager character to go with the Womplerverse when he showed up. It was glorious.

IT'S BEEN a while since a CBB bit got me to laughcrying but that closing-sentiment-off between Lauren and PFT did it.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Shots fired at Feral Audio.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Holy crap this one is great. Reardon is really going off.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Illinois Smith posted:

IT'S BEEN AWHILE since a CBB bit got me to laughcrying but that closing-sentiment-off between Lauren and PFT did it.

That's gotta huwt!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mr.capps posted:

Besser's new character is the dumbest thing and I love every it so much.
Every time he did his "tee hee" I lost it.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah, Weardon is the best. Wompler has made me laugh a lot too, but she was on fire with her brand of nonsense today.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The Bachelor Brothers dial joke is still killing me

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I love Reardon's enthusiasm for her own catchphrases.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Lee Daniels is the butler

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

God never closes a door. You did it, you were sleepwalking.

If it's waining, open youw umbwella. If the wain still comes thwough, you got a PWOBLEM!

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

wow best post-plugs segment ever

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Wompler should ditch Lissler. Lissler never says anything funny.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's been a whiiile

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

God never closes a door. You did it, you were sleepwalking.

If it's waining, open youw umbwella. If the wain still comes thwough, you got a PWOBLEM!

I couldn't believe how long that kept going. I was nearly crying by the end.

Fieryspork
Sep 21, 2004
Shamu knows that i'm being sarcastic
It turns out that John C. Reilly is the narrator for the Disney documentary Bears. it's too bad the Tompkast isn't around anymore, otherwise we might get Reilly and Werner Herzog discussing their different approaches to narrating bear-related documentaries.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Fieryspork posted:

It turns out that John C. Reilly is the narrator for the Disney documentary Bears. it's too bad the Tompkast isn't around anymore, otherwise we might get Reilly and Werner Herzog discussing their different approaches to narrating bear-related documentaries.

He said it was coming back. PFT would never lie to us.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

He said it was coming back. PFT would never lie to us.

except about ETAs

e: ETsA?

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Lapkus killing it in this one holy poo poo

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Mantzoukas, Rust, Campbell and PFT are basically my top four CBB guests out of everyone (and always have the best bro hangs with Scott) but Lapkus killed it this episode and outshone them all.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Someone is such a huge fan of Traci Reardon they got the same butt piercing and the picture of it is on her twitter :stare:

Maybe it's just me, but for me, that closing sentiment-off sealed the deal and made this episode #1 of the year.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Yeah that closing sentiment-off was GOAT, I can't believe how quick PFT is.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Greggy posted:

Yeah that closing sentiment-off was GOAT, I can't believe how quick PFT is.

He's my favorite live performer because he just runs with absolutely everything and he's pretty much perfect at it.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Lauren Lapkus is the best. She's especially great in Oranges

The New Black.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I can't believe I've been listening to this show for nearly 5 years. That's the longest I've ever committed to anything.

But I think I'm getting tired of it. :v:

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
How is Lauren Lapkus not the most famous funnyperson in the world

Beeez
May 28, 2012

GraPar posted:

Give her time, she's getting cast in more and more things. But yeah, she's, to use an incredibly dopey term, a treasure.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
She just got cast in the new Jurassic Park. Her career is blowing up.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

soggybagel posted:

She just got cast in the new Jurassic Park. Her career is blowing up.

Waptows can open doows???

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Rearden is usually so positive compared to most of Scott's guests and I was genuinely bummed out by her negativity with Wompler and her unusual amount of sexual aggression. :smith:

Also, I hated the Matt Besser bit. But I was happy to see JW Stillwater return! That original episode cracked me up like crazy.

GraPar posted:

Although PFT managed to eventually exhaust her, their improv in the last section blew my mind. I can't even think that fast in a normal conversation. (That was all improv'd, right? I just don't comprehend how they do it.)

Is she any good in Oranges: The New Black? I'm still on the fence about that show.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

VagueRant posted:

Is she any good in Oranges: The New Black? I'm still on the fence about that show.

She plays her role perfectly well but she barely has any screen time (or much character) in season one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

VagueRant posted:

Her character is pretty minor to be honest but I like the show