Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
lmfao i am playing too much diablo 3 hardcore

also i stopped playing dark souls 2 somehow so i think i'll just stopfor a while and restart on pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

the defender greatsword is a boss soul weapon and its literally the best faith weapon in the game, also the king's shield is another one that's great since it's basically the drangleic shield except better in every way

but yeah it seems like a lot of the other boss soul weapons aren't that great

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fabricated posted:

how do you make your other party members not die horribly in like 2 seconds every fight

I tried so hard to like that game and it slayed me with endless tutorials

i dunno, i never really had that problem, maybe give them better familiars?? the only issue i ran into was my party members constantly rnning out of mp, but that was fixed with party commands + travel skill later in game. give it another shot, imo, epic game.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

i wish i wasnt a turd at pinball

gotta use ur crotch to control the ball

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

probably would have made the iron keep secret route less terrifying

not even gonna look this up

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Notorious QIG posted:

which is surprising because i have spent a lot of time playing with balls

these videos were pretty good and they go through all the good tables

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

not even gonna look this up

found it all on my own and made me very happy

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

lmao

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

found it all on my own and made me very happy

nnnoice

i want to talk about dark souls 2 so bad but i also want to wait until i've finished it at least once argh

i feel like a big dumb rear end in a top hat for having to read online how to use effigies to turn human. idk if the description is just awful or what but i kept burning them and wondering why nothing was happening

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

nnnoice

i want to talk about dark souls 2 so bad but i also want to wait until i've finished it at least once argh

i feel like a big dumb rear end in a top hat for having to read online how to use effigies to turn human. idk if the description is just awful or what but i kept burning them and wondering why nothing was happening

the item description is not clear, i made the same mistake. i also had to wait until right before last giant before i figured out how to level :v:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Notorious QIG posted:

probably would have made the iron keep secret route less terrifying

what secret route

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

what secret route

spoilers, obviously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89ITJfqsWOM

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I liked how in dark souls 1 you go down and down, deeper and deeper and find yourself in a pool of lava at the bottom of the world while in dark souls 2 you go up and up, higher and higher and find youself in a pool of lava at the top of the world

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

hmm its smaller than i remember, still a secret area that i suspect a lot of people missed

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

I liked how in dark souls 1 you go down and down, deeper and deeper and find yourself in a pool of lava at the bottom of the world while in dark souls 2 you go up and up, higher and higher and find youself in a pool of lava at the top of the world

iirc theres implications that the two are the same place

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
"you don't know how the asteroids managed to get past your zoltan energy shield!"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kenny Logins posted:

"you don't know how the asteroids managed to get past your zoltan energy shield!"

zoltan energy shield and three shield pips. thems some lucky asteroids

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

holy poo poo whoa

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Notorious QIG posted:

zoltan energy shield and three shield pips. thems some lucky asteroids
it's like why do we even have a zoltan energy shield

i finally unlocked lanius cruiser type b and am still working on mantis type b but the battle royale ship cheevo was fun to get

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Yodzilla posted:

nnnoice

just bro up to humanize, be a pal

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

duckfarts posted:

small soapstone is the easiest way if you want it fast

plus you get a silky stone for the crows

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

lanius b is so loving good

i beat the game on normal with it and had the advanced flak, 2 flak ones, and a flak 2

just put my weapons on autofire and waited until i won

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Notorious QIG posted:

iirc theres implications that the two are the same place

i like the notion that the lost sinner was actually the witch responsible for handling the actual lord soul during the bed of chaos debacle, blaming herself forever for the disaster. if that's true, i also had the thought that she's the lost fourth sister to the fire keepers, revealing the rear end in a top hat crones to be the last surviving daughters of chaos.
they're there because instead of dying or turning into insect demons during the fall of izalith they managed to escape by phasing themselves out somehow into a limbo (remember how the top pyromancy trainer in ds1 said something about beings on the mortal plane being unable to detect her presence) to live out their days in relative peace but that's just me more or less pulling a string of turds out of my mouth

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Cnidaria posted:

lanius b is so loving good

i beat the game on normal with it and had the advanced flak, 2 flak ones, and a flak 2

just put my weapons on autofire and waited until i won

lanius a is also fun but i was an idiot and went sector 2 rock homeworld without upgrading my engines

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

scamtank posted:

i like the notion that the lost sinner was actually the witch responsible for handling the actual lord soul during the bed of chaos debacle, blaming herself forever for the disaster. if that's true, i also had the thought that she's the lost fourth sister to the fire keepers, revealing the rear end in a top hat crones to be the last surviving daughters of chaos.
they're there because instead of dying or turning into insect demons during the fall of izalith they managed to escape by phasing themselves out somehow into a limbo (remember how the top pyromancy trainer in ds1 said something about beings on the mortal plane being unable to detect her presence) to live out their days in relative peace but that's just me more or less pulling a string of turds out of my mouth

possible but i doubt it, they just dont seem the type tbh

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

duckfarts posted:

yeah i rly like broing in dark souls 2. also the pvp covenants are great. the netcode feels a lot more solid all around compared to demons and dark 1

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

yeah i rly like broing in dark souls 2. also the pvp covenants are great. the netcode feels a lot more solid all around compared to demons and dark 1

yup. the pvp ive had didnt feel like it was just lag exploiting, it actually felt like a fight, and cooping doesnt feel like im taking cheap lag hits from bosses

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

theres times the netcode sucks horribly though, i've been killed way too many times by sorceries that miss me by a mile

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

also not getting invaded by by red phantoms the second you step into the a zone is great

i didn't really start getting invaded in NG until my soul memory was about 2,500,000 which was when i was geared enough to actually deal with them

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Cnidaria posted:

also not getting invaded by by red phantoms the second you step into the a zone is great

i didn't really start getting invaded in NG until my soul memory was about 2,500,000 which was when i was geared enough to actually deal with them

is there a way to check soul memory?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

in your player status, it's in the top right corner

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Notorious QIG posted:

top right corner of your character stats sheet, think it has a little swirly symbol next to it

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

keyboard vomit posted:

in your player status, it's in the top right corner

cool, ty

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

also i'm pretty sure the SM is all that matters for multiplayer now

although the range for co-op seems really forgiving since i still got summoned at endgame bosses in NG with that soul memory

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

oh hey the pvz shooter is reaching pc on june 24

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

every fuckin time

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Cnidaria posted:

also i'm pretty sure the SM is all that matters for multiplayer now

although the range for co-op seems really forgiving since i still got summoned at endgame bosses in NG with that soul memory

if soul level matters it's very generous. also if you use the name ring it removes soul level entirely

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

lanius a is also fun but i was an idiot and went sector 2 rock homeworld without upgrading my engines
lanius a ship-cheevo run was really touch and go but i did manage to eke out a victory with only 2 crewmembers and 0% oxygen until i reached sector 8. having strong doors and no oxygen is actually a great fire control and anti-boarding system, frees up the o2 power bar for other things too

lanius b also just looks super baller

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kenny Logins posted:

lanius a ship-cheevo run was really touch and go but i did manage to eke out a victory with only 2 crewmembers and 0% oxygen until i reached sector 8. having strong doors and no oxygen is actually a great fire control and anti-boarding system, frees up the o2 power bar for other things too

lanius b also just looks super baller

i can never decide if its worth killing the human or just trapping him in a single room and cloning him if something bad happens. keeping o2 low is actually extremely powerful since it shuts down boarding strats and solar flares hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Notorious QIG posted:

yup. the pvp ive had didnt feel like it was just lag exploiting, it actually felt like a fight, and cooping doesnt feel like im taking cheap lag hits from bosses
pretty sure this is all tied to the abandonment of gfwl

• Locked thread