Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Is there any way to liquidate items aside from Sperg's Animal Friend perk? I'm wanting to do a SkyRe run, but I kind of like having way too much funds and it doesn't feel all fun and Bethesday to console gold.

I like being able to give my little husky friend a ton of items to sell and have him come back with what they're worth.

edit: I'm also getting really weird performance with mods installed.

I have a 4gb 680m with ENBoost running, x64 memory enabled, and my CPU/GPU load are never getting past 60%. My temperatures are good. But, when I'm in Riften (my usual test city), I'm getting 40~ FPS max, with shadows turned to very low and 0x AA. Without any mods, I'm getting 80-150 with 8x AA and 99% utilization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Nymix posted:

Welp, it's far from pretty, but it'll do - cheers.

e: Got a version of CFM that supports Apocalypse and have since come across frustrating lag that I can fairly confidently say comes from just how many favorites I have. Is there a workaround for this, or am I SOL?

I think the lag actually has something to do with how many things CFM is configured to recognize. The more things it's set up for, the more likely it is to lag. If you have the patience for it, a way to work around this is to just use the standard CFM, and manually edit the config file to include the spells you want to have favorited. It's actually pretty easy to do, and you can even do it while the game is running.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Praetorian Mage posted:

I think the lag actually has something to do with how many things CFM is configured to recognize. The more things it's set up for, the more likely it is to lag. If you have the patience for it, a way to work around this is to just use the standard CFM, and manually edit the config file to include the spells you want to have favorited. It's actually pretty easy to do, and you can even do it while the game is running.

That was plan B.

I decided to bite the bullet and attempt to finish the Dragonborn questline ie; mount Sarohtaar, and resolved to re-categorize my faves once I'd finished. For one reason or another, by the time I'd killed Miraak (or at least that's when I noticed), my categories repopulated and everything's now hunky dory.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Hog Butcher posted:

Is there any way to liquidate items aside from Sperg's Animal Friend perk? I'm wanting to do a SkyRe run, but I kind of like having way too much funds and it doesn't feel all fun and Bethesday to console gold.

There are a few summon merchant mods on the Nexus, you could check those. Your conjuration skill may or may not be an obstacle depending on how they work.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Buried alive posted:

There are a few summon merchant mods on the Nexus, you could check those. Your conjuration skill may or may not be an obstacle depending on how they work.

The merchant system only works up to 20k before really weird poo poo starts happening. I think it's an engine limitation.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Hog Butcher posted:

The merchant system only works up to 20k before really weird poo poo starts happening. I think it's an engine limitation.

I think so - some vendors in Fallout New Vegas (The Sink :argh:) exhibit the same "gently caress you Imma keep all the money" issue when they hit that magical amount. (Tried a Scroll of Forked Tongue - allows you to trade with any non-hostile NPC - to try and retrieve my 200k gold I paid for max training with the Kyne priestess in Whiterun, and no go. Also, looks like you can't pickpocket it back in Skyrim, unless you want a fight. :smith:)

"Hello, vendor! Let me buy all you poo poo worth having, and then sell youloot I don't want! Max-improved Daedric Buckler for 12k spetims. OK, now what's left that I can sleaze the last 250 gold out of you? Hmmm... guess I can give you a discount of a grand on this max-improved helmet. OK, next vendor..."

I actually stopped using any of my BarterPimp gear, and usually don't smith anything I'm selling off, because I need poo poo values when selling, to move as much loot as possible.

I tried sending my bear off to sell poo poo, but I only got like 300 gold out of it and he still had a ton of crap. Maybe I should have gotten closer to vendors I'd not already drained...

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

khy posted:

Entropic, queeb, can you guys confirm that the INI file being used is the one from SPERG? Here's what I mean (See the line in red) :

Mine does not say this, just says data beside it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm using an ENB Manager and for the most part it's super easy to change settings on the fly between ENB profiles installed to separate folders. The ones I'm having trouble with are Project ENB and Seasons of Skyrim though, and they're by the same modder so I figure it's something with their files specifically. Any ideas why those wouldn't work with a settings manager? RealVision, Reallike, Quietcool, and a couple others seem to work just fine.

Also for those keeping track, Luftahraan updated a few days ago for the first time in a while. If you don't know it's basically a DLC-size mod that adds a whole new city, and a huge progressive dungeon underneath. What's really kickass about it is that you explore the dungeon in phases, and then the citizens start making base camps inside as the story progresses and you explore further. It's a huge job but they've made a ton of progress and released one of the dungeons to tide people over until the whole thing's available.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 26, 2014

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

sticklefifer posted:

Also for those keeping track, Luftahraan updated a few days ago for the first time in a while. If you don't know it's basically a DLC-size mod that adds a whole new city, and a huge progressive dungeon underneath. What's really kickass about it is that you explore the dungeon in phases, and then the citizens start making base camps inside as the story progresses and you explore further. It's a huge job but they've made a ton of progress and released one of the dungeons to tide people over until the whole thing's available.

This sounds awesome, and I had never heard about it until now. Thanks for this.

Aside from this one and the Trainwiz Dwemer ruin one (Mzart?), are there any other megadungeon mods worth picking up? And on that note, any other major DLC-style additions that are mostly pretty cut off from the rest of the game? I've heard a lot of good about Falskaar as a general content mod, but the voice acting always seemed like it was trying waaay too hard in the way that mod voice acting can be. I also haven't really heard anything about Moonpath to Elsweyr, but I know it was released like almost instantly after the Creation Kit was made public, which isn't generally a good sign, but I wanna go to catland.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Moonpath is pretty good for being released so early. The voice acting is meh, but nothing worth not playing over.

Wyrmstooth is definitely worth checking out. Really nice world design and the voice acting is good.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
STEP has a (well-deserved) reputation for being pretty spergy but this new addon guide does a pretty good job of pointing out the best content add-ons.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

There's also Conan Hyborian Age. Really drat good mod.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
Helgen Reborn is also pretty good. You get to rebuild the city and you get a nice player home at the end of it. It's got some pretty good quests and some interesting new dungeons, too. The voice acting is pretty decent. I thought a few of the movie references were a bit too in-your-face, but they don't really drag the rest of the mod down.

Apparently it also conflicts with one of the Fight Against the Thalmor mods, though, so take that into consideration.

Praetorian Mage fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 26, 2014

Burns
May 10, 2008

Wyrmsooth is awesome. Get it and play it to completion. Moonpath could use a significant update as its a bit out of date with recent enb setups and so forth (also i dont know if morrowloot is compatible because deadric weapons are very common throughout it).

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
I've also heard that Moonpath had a lot of spelling errors, but there's supposed to be a mod that fixes that.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Wyrmstooth is pretty awesome, yeah. Decent voice acting, story, and setting. The island is pretty well done (but quite barren compared to Skyrim). The dungeons are mostly copied and pasted from dungeons in the game, but arranged in different "chunks" to make them feel new. It's still a good romp, though.

Falskaar is ambitious, and it does a lot of good things. The voice acting varies wildly, the story makes no sense, the island is really open and barren, and there's some completely pointless poo poo. That said, it's still pretty good. The dungeons are actually quite nice, for the most part.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Praetorian Mage posted:

Helgen Reborn is also pretty good. You get to rebuild the city and you get a nice player home at the end of it. It's got some pretty good quests and some interesting new dungeons, too. The voice acting is pretty decent. I thought a few of the movie references were a bit too in-your-face, but they don't really drag the rest of the mod down.

Apparently it also conflicts with one of the Fight Against the Thalmor mods, though, so take that into consideration.
Do you know which one? I was thinking of doing those, but if they conflict I might just do them on different characters. I know that the Unique Border Gates mod at least has a compatibility patch, so it's not unheard of for quest content modders to fix each other's stuff.

[edit]Oh sweet, never mind. After a bit of research I find that STEP did a compatibility patch.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kn0mirhr5ktaxqz/REGS%20v3.3.1%20-%20Patches.rar
Look in the 03 Helgen Reborn Patch folder - it's "Helgen Reborn - Cyrodiil Frontier Patch.esp".

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Apr 26, 2014

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Has anyone tried to edit the Skyrim music files? I have a mod that imports all the music from Morrowind and Oblivion to Skyrim, but the audiolevels are a bit off. If i edit the musicfiles in Audacity and return them to their original fileformat, will Skyrim poo poo itself down the line or accept them into it's heavily modded bossoms?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Dongattack posted:

Has anyone tried to edit the Skyrim music files? I have a mod that imports all the music from Morrowind and Oblivion to Skyrim, but the audiolevels are a bit off. If i edit the musicfiles in Audacity and return them to their original fileformat, will Skyrim poo poo itself down the line or accept them into it's heavily modded bossoms?

Try this one https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30568/

Convert the mp3s to WAV using the instructions.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Gyshall posted:

Try this one https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30568/

Convert the mp3s to WAV using the instructions.

Yeah, that's the mod i'm already using and i did'nt ask about converting the files, but if Skyrim would accept them again when they are altered.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 26, 2014

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Is there a mod that messes with the audio settings? I always get annoyed that the voices of people I'm not looking directly at go super quiet.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
This is weird. I've pinned down my performance issues.

It's Mod Organizer. :psyduck: It's on a Samsung 256gb SSD. It's halving my framerate.

Both Skyrim and ModOrganizer are using the same INI layout.

edit: I'm reinstalling without using steammover, maybe that'll help.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Entropic posted:

Is there a mod that messes with the audio settings? I always get annoyed that the voices of people I'm not looking directly at go super quiet.

It sounds like Skyrim is using 5.1 audio and you have a stereo setup. I'd check your sound settings while Skyrim is running.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Praetorian Mage posted:

I've also heard that Moonpath had a lot of spelling errors, but there's supposed to be a mod that fixes that.

Yes, it does (both spelling and simple typos), but fortunately yes, there is: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51556/ is the mod you were thinking of. The spelling/grammar problems weren't so bad as to make it unplayable, but it's much better with the mod.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
Probably a dumb question but I installed an ENB that I don't like and I don't have any idea how to remove it. What do I do?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Remove at least d3dx9.dll from your Skyrim directory.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Open up the folder where your ENB profile came from and look at all the files in there (usually under a Main Files subfolder), then go into your Skyrim folder and remove those same files from there.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

tophet posted:

Probably a dumb question but I installed an ENB that I don't like and I don't have any idea how to remove it. What do I do?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7804 I like this thing.

SPACEMAN SAM
Jun 24, 2009
I'm trying out the Mod Organizer with a handful of mods, most of which are working. However, SkyUI's MCM is completely empty in game which is problematic for mods that require activation like Realistic Needs and Diseases. Is this a common problem?

edit:
I started a new file with SkyUI and RND disabled, saved, restarted with all mods enabled, and they everything appeared.

SPACEMAN SAM fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 27, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

sticklefifer posted:

I want to try out a druid/ranger build with a bunch of animal/familiar/nature mods [...]

-A Better Familiar
-Tameable Beasts
-Druid Essentials & Wrath of Nature (I know these are compatible)
-Summon Animal Pets

If all of these work together, I would be able to build a character who can tame animals, summon and breed animals, turn into animals, and summon various animal familiars. Maybe not all at the same time, but within the same play.

So I ended up doing this, and holy poo poo it's fun as hell. In addition to those mods, I used the animal companions SPERG perk and the vanilla Twin Souls perk for an extra Familiar, and now I am literally a pack of wolves.

In human form I'm using nature-themed spells that come with Druid Essentials, vanilla Alteration stuff like Oakflesh, 1H weapons, light armor or robes, and archery. It's really awesome when you're roaming around and a bandit threatens you, and your wolfpack just murders everyone to defend you. It's not really overpowered, and the mods seem to play nice with each other.

The only one I'm going to ditch is Tame the Beasts of Skyrim II. I don't really want to do the Pokemon-style upkeep it requires, the pet store area's got some really bad texture bugs, and the trainer is a lame half-naked animu fantasy babe with a pet fox and a LOT of typos in her dialogue, so it looks like it was made by a 15 year old furry. You really only have to go to the store once to learn the skills, and the taming itself works pretty well as a shout instead of a spell, so you might want to try it out anyway if you want to check out this build. But with all the other mods I'm using with it, the tamed wolf easily becomes the runt of the litter, and I think it's Druid Essentials that lets me tame an animal anyway. So including my own wolf form from Wrath of Nature (and/or lycanthropy), I think I can get the pack up to five wolves without TTBOS2, and I don't really need one more that I have to feed and keep happy.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

sticklefifer posted:

So I ended up doing this, and holy poo poo it's fun as hell. In addition to those mods, I used the animal companions SPERG perk and the vanilla Twin Souls perk for an extra Familiar, and now I am literally a pack of wolves.

In human form I'm using nature-themed spells that come with Druid Essentials, vanilla Alteration stuff like Oakflesh, 1H weapons, light armor or robes, and archery. It's really awesome when you're roaming around and a bandit threatens you, and your wolfpack just murders everyone to defend you. It's not really overpowered, and the mods seem to play nice with each other.

The only one I'm going to ditch is Tame the Beasts of Skyrim II. I don't really want to do the Pokemon-style upkeep it requires, the pet store area's got some really bad texture bugs, and the trainer is a lame half-naked animu fantasy babe with a pet fox and a LOT of typos in her dialogue, so it looks like it was made by a 15 year old furry. You really only have to go to the store once to learn the skills, and the taming itself works pretty well as a shout instead of a spell, so you might want to try it out anyway if you want to check out this build. But with all the other mods I'm using with it, the tamed wolf easily becomes the runt of the litter, and I think it's Druid Essentials that lets me tame an animal anyway. So including my own wolf form from Wrath of Nature (and/or lycanthropy), I think I can get the pack up to five wolves without TTBOS2, and I don't really need one more that I have to feed and keep happy.
If you get Apocalypse Spells, there's a Summon Herne spell that creates an archer with a deer for a hat who in turn summons three wolves of his own.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Two questions:
1. Of alternate start mods, which is generally considered the most stable?
2. I'm using Immersive Armors, and while I love the way they look, I don't like that I can craft things at level 1 that are more powerful than Elven Armor or Vampire Armor (e.g. Ranger Armor, which can be made and tempered with a few pieces of leather and leather strips). I realize this is a bit of a :qq: type of request, but is there any mod that makes this better somehow (either forging harder, or armor ratings more reasonable)?

After years of owning this game, and dozens of hours messing with mods, I'm finally level 7. Maybe I'll even complete a quest!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ynglaur posted:

Two questions:
1. Of alternate start mods, which is generally considered the most stable?
2. I'm using Immersive Armors, and while I love the way they look, I don't like that I can craft things at level 1 that are more powerful than Elven Armor or Vampire Armor (e.g. Ranger Armor, which can be made and tempered with a few pieces of leather and leather strips). I realize this is a bit of a :qq: type of request, but is there any mod that makes this better somehow (either forging harder, or armor ratings more reasonable)?

After years of owning this game, and dozens of hours messing with mods, I'm finally level 7. Maybe I'll even complete a quest!

I like Skyrim Unbound, it's pretty good about not breaking poo poo.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Agents are GO! posted:

I like Skyrim Unbound, it's pretty good about not breaking poo poo.

Currently set to hidden. Knowing the Nexus, he probably expressed the possibility of disagreement with a mod. Do you happen to know of an alternate download?

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently I already have it downloaded (albeit deactivated). Thank you!

Ynglaur fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 28, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ynglaur posted:

Currently set to hidden. Knowing the Nexus, he probably expressed the possibility of disagreement with a mod. Do you happen to know of an alternate download?

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently I already have it downloaded (albeit deactivated). Thank you!

I believe the version on steam is more current, he was banned from nexus.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

His Steam Workshop page links to an independent download. You can just plug that into MO.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Someone else pointed out Summon Herne, but in a different spellpack mod (Forgotten Spells, maybe?) there's actually a "Wolf Pack" spell that summons three wolves. And ring you can find as loot that adds another one.

Add to that whatever mod added the armored/unarmored wolf/husky and bear head-hats, which apparently can summon the appropriate critter when you're attacked... :v:

In my own game, I checked the quest progress for Farengar's stupid delivery mission, found it'd been completed, and then dropped the offending frost salts in the fire at Arcadia's Cauldron. :fuckoff:

Also, going up the back side of Skyborn ALtar, I notice I'm taking hits, and so turn around, and...

30+ Rieklings are swarming Serena and my bear! More kept spawning as they got killed, too. :zombie:

And to add insult, three leftover Afflicted spawned right at the end. I believe I smacked them all with the Sixth House Bell Hammer that I found somewhere. :black101:

The Talso shrine at the Wenyon Stones is now a spawnpoint for ambushing Thalmor troops - and the numbers are increasing as the game goes on. I tend to get there in the middle of a Thalmor/Stormcloak fight, sometimes with Imperials in the furball. Last night it was Thalmor alone, 12+ in number. That's Immersive Patrols, I expect.

Is there a mod that will "disguise" you as a faction if you're wearing full faction armor? I kind of miss that from FONV - and would love to kit Serena out with full oversmithed/enchanted Dawnguard gear, and let her go aggro on the randon DG hit squads.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Is LLI able to tell if a set of clothing only works for one gender? There's some neat male only/female only armors, and I'd like throwing them in, but I also don't want to run into someone running around in yellow boxes.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Someone else pointed out Summon Herne, but in a different spellpack mod (Forgotten Spells, maybe?) there's actually a "Wolf Pack" spell that summons three wolves. And ring you can find as loot that adds another one.

Add to that whatever mod added the armored/unarmored wolf/husky and bear head-hats, which apparently can summon the appropriate critter when you're attacked... :v:

I've been finding a lot more of those rings than the spells they interact with. Does only one guy in Whiterun sell Forgotten Spells in the whole world? My Reguard character is sort of wolf-themed but I don't have the Wolfpack spell which is a bummer. I tried the mod that lets you take over any person or animal but it was buggy as hell for me so I dropped it, also a bummer because I wanted to use my mod-added pet wolf with sweet gradual growth action to scout ahead for me. I miss his puppy days, his oversized head looked so cute on his tiny body.

Never heard of the second one but I'm interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

I've been finding a lot more of those rings than the spells they interact with. Does only one guy in Whiterun sell Forgotten Spells in the whole world? My Reguard character is sort of wolf-themed but I don't have the Wolfpack spell which is a bummer. I tried the mod that lets you take over any person or animal but it was buggy as hell for me so I dropped it, also a bummer because I wanted to use my mod-added pet wolf with sweet gradual growth action to scout ahead for me. I miss his puppy days, his oversized head looked so cute on his tiny body.

Never heard of the second one but I'm interested.

I'm running Apocalyptic Spells as well as another (forget the name, and can't search from work) besides Forgotten, and I've been able to buy silly-rear end piles of spellbooks at every mage so far, including Forgotten. (I'm also getting them as loot.)

I'm not sure which mod added them, but the animal head-gear is coming all as pickups, or rarely at vendors. (Don't think they're craftable.) Can't recall if there's armored wolf ones, but the bears come in two versions - one unarmored, and one wrapped around a steel helmet (I think). They tend to be marked as enchanted - all the mage ones are - and usually say something like "The power of the <animal> will protect you". Serena and I got ambushed once, and suddenly BWAHM there's three wolves, an Alpha wolf and a loving bear standing on the roadway.

They also look pretty sweet, if you like fur hats that stare at others. :pwn:

I see less summoned wolves and bears than I do raised elk and deer - Serena *loves* to raise dead herbivores. "gently caress, it's a dragon, you dolt, raise the bandit mage... poo poo. Hello, dead mudcrab." "Dawnguard attack? I CHARGE THEM WITH MY SKEEVER!" :ughh:

• Locked thread