Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Notorious QIG posted:

i can never decide if its worth killing the human or just trapping him in a single room and cloning him if something bad happens. keeping o2 low is actually extremely powerful since it shuts down boarding strats and solar flares hard
the first time the giant alien spiders event procs and you have an active clone bay ~justftlthings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

lmfao i am playing too much diablo 3 hardcore

also i stopped playing dark souls 2 somehow so i think i'll just stopfor a while and restart on pc

playing any online game as hardcore is a hilariously bigger waste of time than just playing video games because you can die from circumstances 100% out of your control

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
ive been the victim of some bullshit lag kills, but compared to DS1 the netcode is a million times more solid

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Notorious QIG posted:

congrats on getting literally the most obvious joke ever i guess

i just wanted to acknowledge it :smith:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

the first time the giant alien spiders event procs and you have an active clone bay ~justftlthings

the first time the zoltan great eye event procs and you have an active clone bay :(

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hubris.height posted:

every fuckin time

it looks like she managed to make it past sector 2 though??

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

I-it's not like I wanted you to praise the sun or anything.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

this would be less shameful than most of those things

crestfallen warrior is easiest to max, firelink shrine keeper gets you a bad end where lautrec murders you
solaire leaves you to pursue his sun and dies anyway

Liver Disaster fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 28, 2014

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pinterest Mom posted:

it looks like she managed to make it past sector 2 though??

lol i made it to sector 3 saturday

my secret is to explore as many nodes as possible, hope for a crew member and long range scanner early. if i get a bad spread in sector one i just mash restart

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
was white knight chronicles any good

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

no

loving everything took way too long to happen and was generally boring as hell

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
yeah i've never seen a single good thing written about those games

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i like the pvp in dark souls 2 because i can actually kill a man for once

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i've mostly been bell defending because i'm a coward who likes hanging up on people except usually i will end up fighting the guy alone while the other character hangs back waiting to see if i will die or not

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

quote:

I am an avid roleplayer on the Wyrmrest server and I left moonguard years ago to get away from the erotica that gives the rest of the roleplay community a bad name. I understand that Blizzard does not care about Moonguard erotica and the thousands of trolls they spawn that harass real rpers daily but pouring into Wyrmrest accord is now becoming a problem.

Last night I was having a rp session with a merchant guild in a way out of the way place near ratchet when two vampire-succubus goddesses from moonguard popped in with those demonology apothesis wings constantly emoting rubbing parts of me i dare not say on the forums.

I put them both on ignore then proceeded to move the meeting north about 5 minutes when low and behold 10 minutes later the two same erpers pop in with 5-6 other people all using giant growth potions in the wow version of nude and just went on and on for 20+ minutes before I finally logged out and logged on an alt. This is just one of 5+ times last month that Moonguarders come to harass us.

If you want Rapeguard to exsist and do not want to police these rule breakers then fine by me but please unlink Rapeguard from Wyrmrest Accord so I do not have to go wash my hands from virtual tramsmitted diseases when I log out at night.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Al! posted:

i like the pvp in dark souls 2 because i can actually kill a man for once

backhand shields and front stab everyone

alternatively ratbro and watch people get killed by the mastodon knights

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
i lost 34k souls trying to use the tower of the sun as a shortcut to the end of iron keep. boy was that a dumb mistake

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

i lost 34k souls trying to use the tower of the sun as a shortcut to the end of iron keep. boy was that a dumb mistake

you mean belfry sol? that was the only way i managed to do it since i never killed smelter

i should probably go back and do that actually

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
er yeah that's what i meant. i'm pretty garbage at pvp

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

you mean belfry sol? that was the only way i managed to do it since i never killed smelter

i should probably go back and do that actually

i finally got a bro and the npc summon after i ended up desolating that area

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

keyboard vomit posted:

backhand shields and front stab everyone

alternatively ratbro and watch people get killed by the mastodon knights

ratbro'ing is pvp for people who are really bad at it from what i've seen, i've only had a single fight when summoned into ratbro happy land that wasn't someone hiding behind creatures and throwing poison knives

also, it is nuts how good clubs are early on if you pump str

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 28, 2014

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

er yeah that's what i meant. i'm pretty garbage at pvp

me too but most of the dwarves there dont respawn so if you can do it once you can just dash through after that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

because pc player expect pvp in dark souls 2 to just be who can use lag to backstab the other guy first i found that the best strategy is just getting in really close with a quick one hander guard breaking and then stunlocking them to death

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

ratbro'ing is pvp for people who are really bad at it from what i've seen, i've only had a single fight when summoned into ratbro happy land that wasn't someone hiding behind creatures and throwing poison knives

also, it is nuts how good clubs are early on if you pump str

pretty much. the rewards aren't that great, but it's fun to watch people try to fight and fail

also you can make the gyrm statues throw axes at the high ground so people have to fight in the water

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Yodzilla posted:

isnt that a dead end anyway?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

it loops back around to just above the bonfire i think

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

nope, it loops around and deposits you to right above the bonfire where you can drop down to do the archer platforms. its a long walk to go that way but you can make it to the iron effigy if you're not a scrub

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
man theres lots of stuff i didnt know about iron keep. too bad i sold the game already

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

what

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

WOW players still weird shitlord idiots

theyre also getting close to posting deaththreats because blizzard isnt letting people fly in the next expansion

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Adult Sword Owner posted:

blizzard isnt letting people fly in the next expansion
why

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
tho i guess letting players fly or teleport or fast travel past all your content is kind of an admission by the devs that its not fun and utterly worthless

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

theyre also getting close to posting deaththreats because blizzard isnt letting people fly in the next expansion

why are there more expansions. who buys this samey poo poo

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i almost made it through sector one with the zoltan b. got hell of hosed up by rebel ships with beam drones. that ship is really hard to use :(

Dec 26, 2012

blizzard isnt letting people fly in the next expansion

what, why

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i hope blizzard starts making you pay real money to fly in wow

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

just for the first patch

no real reason given

but its most likely to do with them getting upset over people just flying in and killing something, taking off from there

no player in wow wants to be challenged at all, they want to press their rotation and get some loot at the end

having to actually go above and beyond the minimum required steps is NOT ALLOWED

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

i'm the giantess succubus "troll"

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

hubris.height posted:

i'm the giantess succubus "troll"
text me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

01011001 posted:

what, why

they get tired of people just flying past all the things they made and skipping past their content

• Locked thread