Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this
Finally completed my collection of Pacific Rim Jaegers. The Prime Guard. (Battle Damaged Gipsy Danger is guarding a revoltech Prime on the iron throne).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

:(

I'm going to try again today. :(

Also, that Rhino is worthless.

Literally 3 minutes of screen time, and will probably never be seen again. At least that costume. You know they're going to change it for the sequel.

Don't be too upset, the next wave is supposed to have Boba in it again.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Ugh, I just received my GoT The Hound figure, hoping that the breakage issues had been fixed, and the arm broke off shortly after taking it out of the packaging. How frustrating.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe it was supposed to be a Jaime.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Just got my Tamashi Nations black n' gold Iron man today and god drat it's a gorgeous figure! The black is shiny and glossy and the gold is a lovely powdery color that looks just fantastic amongst the black.
I picked out the eyes and chest with a little bit of clear red, so it looks like the armor's active, and totally ruined the resale value of the figure, but hell, I'ma keeping it anyway, might as well make it mine, right? Right.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Rage posted:

Don't be too upset, the next wave is supposed to have Boba in it again.

Must have come out today...because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4SUl69RFJ8
e: Yeaaaahhh!

I'll post some pics soon. loving finally. And at a Barnes and Nobel of all places! Also, my buddy picked up a Gentleman's Caller Clap Trap. What's the story on that thing?

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 26, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Today at C2E2 I scored a McFarland MAXX with black Izz for $8, a New Frontier Martian Manhunter for $5, a DC Direct Hourman for $5 and the Matty Collector Metron for $25.
I was pretty disgusted by the Captain America Legends prices. Nearly every dealer had the common ones at $30+, Winter Soldiers at $50 and I think the cheapest Black Widow I saw was $75, one dude had them at $100. I tried to get one dude to wiggle on the price, I said I'd buy Stealth Cap, Red Skull and Widow if he gave me a deal and he countered with a higher price. So gently caress that, I'll wait for her refresh cases to hit.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Vintersorg posted:

Bought the D-Arts Megaman X yesterday and had a chance to open it up today. This is one of the poorer figures I own. First of all it's oily as gently caress for some reason?? Secondly, the joints on the arm are stiff as gently caress. Hard to pose and if you push too far the arm cannon / regular hand fall right off.

What the hell, how is Megaman X $80 regular price now. When did the price spike? It was still $40 when I got mine a year ago.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hmm, I'm in Chicago this weekend for the big antique toy show out in St. Charles. I might have to check out C2E2 tomorrow though.. What's the dealer room like? Lots of goodies? Or will it all be picked clean by now?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Hmm, I'm in Chicago this weekend for the big antique toy show out in St. Charles. I might have to check out C2E2 tomorrow though.. What's the dealer room like? Lots of goodies? Or will it all be picked clean by now?

Should still be good, hard to get guys to deal on the first day. There's one booth where they have it set up like a cave, entrances on both sides? Those guys are total cunts, don't give them money.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

The_Doctor posted:

There should be plenty of stuff, it's huge. Sunday toward closing time is the best time to get deals, but it's worth going regardless. I'll be there today. I may check out that toy show tomorrow, that's pretty close for me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

sleepingbuddha posted:

There should be plenty of stuff, it's huge. Sunday toward closing time is the best time to get deals, but it's worth going regardless. I'll be there today. I may check out that toy show tomorrow, that's pretty close for me.

What's the best way to get to C2e2? I'm on the metra from Geneva right now.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

What's the best way to get to C2e2? I'm on the metra from Geneva right now.
If you're taking the train in, you can just use the CTA to get down there. Here's a trip planner to tell you which train to get on.

http://www.transitchicago.com/travel_information/trip_planner.aspx

I think you'd be coming in to Union Station, right?

Edit: it looks like it might be easier to take a cab. I deleted the email, but Uber has a special for free transportation for new users to or from the convention. The code might be on the C2E2 website.

sleepingbuddha fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 26, 2014

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

sleepingbuddha posted:

If you're taking the train in, you can just use the CTA to get down there. Here's a trip planner to tell you which train to get on.

http://www.transitchicago.com/travel_information/trip_planner.aspx

I think you'd be coming in to Union Station, right?

Edit: it looks like it might be easier to take a cab. I deleted the email, but Uber has a special for free transportation for new users to or from the convention. The code might be on the C2E2 website.

They're running a free shuttle from all the major stations, so I'm good it looks like. :)

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

They're running a free shuttle from all the major stations, so I'm good it looks like. :)

That's cool they're doing that. Looks like you won't have to wait long either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

I am gonna hazard a guess at around $599 like the Batmobiles.

I put my order in yesterday for the Spider-Man 2 figure. First tried Sideshow but apparently Canada wasn't allowed to get it so I had to go with Toy Square (which is based in Canada).

Oh, cool. Thanks for posting that. Looks like they'll be cheaper than Sideshow for something I had preordered there.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

MooselanderII posted:

Ugh, I just received my GoT The Hound figure, hoping that the breakage issues had been fixed, and the arm broke off shortly after taking it out of the packaging. How frustrating.

I picked one of these up at C2E2 yesterday and it doesn't seem to have any issues with breakage at all. I can't seem to get him to hold the second sword, though, the one with the round pommel. It won't fit in his hand, and the thumb is attached to the fingers. At least he can hold the one on his back just fine.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My little mascot series is almost complete. Just need to get that Mario that is coming out later this year. Received the Figma Link today and he's fantastic. Altho I stabbed finger the first time putting the sword handle thru the hand as I used a little too much force and it stabbed my finger, bled out a little but whatevs.

I want to pose them all up when I get a chance and might need to get one of the D-Arts bases so I can float Megaman up. Right now it's a bit boring.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Vintersorg posted:

I want to pose them all up when I get a chance and might need to get one of the D-Arts bases so I can float Megaman up. Right now it's a bit boring.

The official Cool DudeTM pose for Samus is to have her mid-air giving you the thumbs up.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I really want that Samus but already have the cheesy SNES figure made by Joy Ride in 2003. Also have the Mario Sunshine figure sitting on Yoshi.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I think it's incredible how there aren't any chrono trigger figures.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You could probably just repaint DBZ figures.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Aphrodite posted:

Sacriledge!

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Someone made a bitchin Magus this way, but most of the hair styles are nothing like Chrono's.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I saw the new Transformers 4 figures today at K-Mart. They looked pretty neat, but I'm not really a big transformers fan so I didn't pick any of 'em up.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I finally got a chance to mail this guy off today. Here's a shot of the finished paint job:

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I finally got a chance to mail this guy off today. Here's a shot of the finished paint job:

poo poo thats cool. Did you take a pic with a cowboy hat on it?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Flanders couldn't find the hat to send it to me. I hope it turns up eventually.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

For those of you who wanted Doomsday from DCU, welcome to SDCC hell.
http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/2014/04/30/sdcc-reveals-start-right-now-motuc-dcu-today-more-on-56-513/

Also, gently caress Matty for deciding people would rather have the wrapped up Doomsday rather than the one that beat the poo poo out of Superman.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think the wrapped up one is pretty cool.

Also it's easy as hell to get Matty poo poo after SDCC, none of that crap but Monster High sells out anyway.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

RevKrule posted:

For those of you who wanted Doomsday from DCU, welcome to SDCC hell.
http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/2014/04/30/sdcc-reveals-start-right-now-motuc-dcu-today-more-on-56-513/

Also, gently caress Matty for deciding people would rather have the wrapped up Doomsday rather than the one that beat the poo poo out of Superman.

:colbert: Fully dressed Doomsday is the coolest-looking Doomsday.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

All the MOTU fans are pitching a fit about about the Filmation colours Hordak for SDCC. Nothing is liked about it, and its further cementing the reputation of Scott Neitschlish as the devil incarnate who is killing their childhood.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat he has some tiny rear end hip joints.

I'd prefer the one arm still tied up, which is how he beat the crap out of the justice league anyway :colbert:

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Trickjaw posted:

All the MOTU fans are pitching a fit about about the Filmation colours Hordak for SDCC. Nothing is liked about it, and its further cementing the reputation of Scott Neitschlish as the devil incarnate who is killing their childhood.

What is wrong with the hordak? I thought it looked neat and was going to ask someone to get one for me.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Bushifox posted:

What is wrong with the hordak? I thought it looked neat and was going to ask someone to get one for me.

They repainted the original Hordak head instead of making a Filmation specific one.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
If only they really hated it, instead of loving to complain. I want one, but I'm sure it'll be in super high demand and cost $50 minimum :(

PenUltimateWarrior
Nov 1, 2009

:siren:TEAR DOWN THE COCKPIT DOOR, HO KOGAN:siren:
I really want that Doomsday. Not going to the SDCC (living in Australia) will places like BBTS put a pre order out or do I have to wait to be ripped off on ebay?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
It'll only be available on the Matty Collector site.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'd want Doomsday more if his free hand had the knuckle spikes popping out like they were the entire time he was in that getup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

PenUltimateWarrior posted:

I really want that Doomsday. Not going to the SDCC (living in Australia) will places like BBTS put a pre order out or do I have to wait to be ripped off on ebay?

BBTS usually does a good selection of SDCC stuff but they mark it up pretty high. I'm gonna be orderring one on the day of, if you really need it I can just order an extra and ship it to you when it gets here. No clue how much the shipping to Australia would be thoug.