Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So will next season pick up in 2017: THE FUTURE?

Really loved the final two episodes, they were great to see how far our characters have come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Andrew_1985 posted:

So will next season pick up in 2017: THE FUTURE?

Really loved the final two episodes, they were great to see how far our characters have come.

Yea they will be continuing from the time jump.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Knightmare posted:

I will be expecting hoverbikes and monorails in the immediate downtown Pawnee areas.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Knightmare posted:

Although Mike Schur did say that they'd talked about ways to show some of Ed's (Jon Hamm's character) disastrous 3 years working for Leslie, if they can get him back. So it might not be a 100% straightforward continuation.

I found another quote by Mike Schur that supports this:

"Jon Hamm Expected to Return: "Hopefully!" says Schur. "If I have it my way, when we show what lead up to that final moment in the season finale, he'll be there to pop in doing something incredibly imcompetent."

So, it does sound like he feels pretty sure that they'll be showing some of the lead-up to the time jump, at least!

Drifter posted:

I will be expecting hoverbikes and monorails in the immediate downtown Pawnee areas.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

quote:

Also, how much, if at all, are you planning to deal with the 2017 of it? Will everyone be wearing Google Glass and shiny jumpsuits?

Mike Schur: Rule number one for the writers when we committed to the jump was: no hoverboards. No one is allowed to pitch that everyone is on hoverboards. It's going to be very very gently sci-fi.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 28, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Clones, then, at the very least. gently caress!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Hoverboards are so 2015, anyway.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Drifter posted:

Clones, then, at the very least. gently caress!
Tatiana Maslany's character on Parks and Rec is also one of her characters on Orphan Black. The crossover episode will be confusing.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Tatiana Maslany's character on Parks and Rec is also one of her characters on Orphan Black. The crossover episode will be confusing amazing.

Fixed that for you.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Tom has a date with each clone on the same night? *laugh track*

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'd love it if the show kept future-Pawnee exactly the same except for one tiny, incredibly science fiction thing.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

The extended cut of the finale has a lot of really great stuff!

The extended cuts for this show always seem to be better than the broadcast version.

Edit: And the opening of the extended cut of Flu Season 2 has one of my new favourite Perd moments.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 28, 2014

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I'd love it if the show kept future-Pawnee exactly the same except for one tiny, incredibly science fiction thing.

Zorp is risen.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Fellatio del Toro posted:

They should bring on Armando Iannucci and take the final season in a much more hosed up direction. I'm imagining Chris Traeger delivering a Malcolm Tucker rant with just a terrifying smile the whole time.

Revealing that the last few seasons of Parks have been running in parallel with Veep would be amazing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Drifter posted:

What about the brain dead slobs?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

bobkatt013 posted:

What about the brain dead slobs?

They would be piloting the monorail transports. :colbert:
The stops wouldn't be to streets, but to fast food restaurants.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Drifter posted:

They would be piloting the monorail transports. :colbert:
The stops wouldn't be to streets, but to fast food restaurants.

They'll be given cushy jobs.

Fixed. :ssh:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Were you sent here by the devil?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

PittTheElder posted:

Were you sent here by the devil?

No, good sir, he's on the level!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is there a chance the track could bend?

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
Not on your life, my Hindu friend.

And by that, I mean Tom Haverford.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Multiplesarcasm posted:

Not on your life, my Hindu friend.

And by that, I mean Tom Haverford.

I'm hearing all of this said by Jean-Ralphio.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

twistedmentat posted:

I'm hearing all of this said by Jean-Ralphio.

Is there a chance the track could bend?
Not on your life, my Hindu friend Tom.

...you gotta end it on the rhyme.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

swickles posted:

I have seen some crappy ones, and some nice ones. The nice ones are either affluent cities obviously, or smallish cities in the north where they are usually historic buildings that have a team dedicated to preserving them. Then there is this city hall:

That is the city hall for Opa Locka, a "suburb" of Miami.

Crazy city halls are the best. I'm biased, though, because mine looks like a Bond villain's lair.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Toronto's City Hall looks like a possible set for Starfleet Headquarters

http://i.imgur.com/w5joo0G.jpg

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

But inside it dwells this man:

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
They kind of shot themselves in the foot, paid-placement wise: It'll be hard to show everyone using the brand-new Windows Phone when in-universe it'll be 3 years old.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

anotherone posted:

They kind of shot themselves in the foot, paid-placement wise: It'll be hard to show everyone using the brand-new Windows Phone when in-universe it'll be 3 years old.

It's Pawnee. They still use Alta-Vista.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

thexerox123 posted:

The extended cut of the finale has a lot of really great stuff!

The extended cuts for this show always seem to be better than the broadcast version.

Edit: And the opening of the extended cut of Flu Season 2 has one of my new favourite Perd moments.
Goddamn it, NBC must be blocking non-American countries from watching. I keep getting an annoying two second sound clip saying "This content is currently unavailable." :smith:

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

swickles posted:

It's Pawnee. They still use Alta-Vista.

Haha, true.

I like the idea of having everything be exactly the same except for one weird scifi element, like everyone rides segways or something.

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
I know they shot down hoverboards but c'mon, Tom Haverboards? Don't tell me he wouldn't be all over those!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

anotherone posted:

Haha, true.

I like the idea of having everything be exactly the same except for one weird scifi element, like everyone rides segways or something.
Alta-Vista has made an unexpected comeback.

Multiplesarcasm posted:

I know they shot down hoverboards but c'mon, Tom Haverboards? Don't tell me he wouldn't be all over those!
I think you mean "Feet Platinum - Why walk... when you can swaglide?"

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

Alta-Vista has made an unexpected comeback.

I think you mean "Feet Platinum - Why walk... when you can swaglide?"

I hope Tom sticks with his love of swag forever, and becomes the Disco Stu of the 2030s.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

twistedmentat posted:

Toronto's City Hall looks like a possible set for Starfleet Headquarters

http://i.imgur.com/w5joo0G.jpg

Well they can do battle against Boston's City Hall half of a Borg Cube.

http://imgur.com/rKncEE8

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VagueRant posted:

Goddamn it, NBC must be blocking non-American countries from watching. I keep getting an annoying two second sound clip saying "This content is currently unavailable." :smith:

At this point investing in some kind of VPN service is pretty sound advice for non-Americans.

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I hope Tom sticks with his love of swag forever, and becomes the Disco Stu of the 2030s.

He got the first taste of that this season when he realized he wasn't up to date with what the "kids" were listening to.

Which is a road that leads in just one place, Terry/Larry.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The one thing that bugs me about the jump forward is that it looked like they were setting up some super villain plot the last few episodes. First Greg Pikitis shows up, and is immediately not talked about. Then Tammy 2 shows up, and is gone. Then Jamm shows up. It looked like they were working towards something there. But now 3 years have passed.

Oh well, it's my only problem with it, and I love everything else about it, so I'm good.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

The one thing that bugs me about the jump forward is that it looked like they were setting up some super villain plot the last few episodes. First Greg Pikitis shows up, and is immediately not talked about. Then Tammy 2 shows up, and is gone. Then Jamm shows up. It looked like they were working towards something there. But now 3 years have passed.

Oh well, it's my only problem with it, and I love everything else about it, so I'm good.

The Tammy/Jamm part isn't an issue if you watch the Producer's Cut! ...but yeah, they were fairly superfluous in the broadcast version.

VagueRant posted:

Yeah, I'm in Canada, I got that too...

Bown posted:

At this point investing in some kind of VPN service is pretty sound advice for non-Americans.

You don't even need to invest in one! There are free ones available!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I loved the episode, too many good things to say. So can I just say that I was TERRIFIED they were going to have Ron cheat on Diane with Tammy once she was introduced. The entire rest of the episode I was dreading that happening and I am so glad it didn't happen.

The time jump was really surprising and I'm glad they did it (and also that Larry's name changed again) and I'm looking forward to slightly-in-the-future Pawnee and the characters.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I'm watching the producer's cut and the extended footage for the Cones of Dunshire is awesome. "Come to my office, we're gonna cut your hair!"

EDIT: Just noticed that Yo La Tengo, which someone said played Bobby Knight Ranger (also, the chair throwing at the end was great), is on the chart for the Unity Concert. I think they improvised the BKR joke, that's awesome.

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Macaluso posted:

I loved the episode, too many good things to say. So can I just say that I was TERRIFIED they were going to have Ron cheat on Diane with Tammy once she was introduced. The entire rest of the episode I was dreading that happening and I am so glad it didn't happen.

The time jump was really surprising and I'm glad they did it (and also that Larry's name changed again) and I'm looking forward to slightly-in-the-future Pawnee and the characters.

I wasn't worried about that because we've already had an episode that directly addressed that fear. Tammy crashed Ron's woodworking award ceremony (he was nominated for "Chair") and Leslie went into crisis mode and did everything she could to keep Ron and Tammy apart, but Diane had a talk with Leslie about how she wasn't threatened by Tammy at all, and indeed Ron didn't give her the time of day.

• Locked thread