Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

Micchy's actor looks way too comfortable in that hat for my taste :stonk:

Really, I don't know much about toku actors and actresses, but I haven't heard anything bad about Gaim's cast.

Fwiw, at their level of acting, it should be easy for them to look comfortable in whatever getup they have to wear from Samurai Bugmen costumes to neckbeard gaijin outfits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

God the best part is in the preview Kaito immedietly turns on Micchy, calling him out on his underhandedness/how hosed up that is AND Now Takatora's teaming up and being friendly with Kouta. Micchy's shitlordery has basically brought him to nothing but ruin.

Micchy: Exists to make Kaito look like a decent guy and reliable ally. :allears:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Darth Walrus posted:

Micchy: Exists to make Kaito look like a decent guy and reliable ally. :allears:

Kaito is THE MOST reliable man on the show.

His thought process is and always has been as follows:
You and I Disagree-->We Fight--->If you win you're right, if I win I'm right.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Kaito is THE MOST reliable man on the show.

His thought process is and always has been as follows:
You and I Disagree-->We Fight--->If you win you're right, if I win I'm right.

You'd think so, but then he keeps insisting he is right even though he always gets his rear end kicked.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

You'd think so, but then he keeps insisting he is right even though he always gets his rear end kicked.

And then gets kissed up by other characters for being special even though he gets his rear end kicked despite his I-have-the-power-thus-I-am-right mentality.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Fight ain't over until your dead :colbert:

Chaos Path, motherfuckers!

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

His theme song IS called Never Surrender for a reason.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
The raw of 29 is out and MAN does next week look amazing.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The new episode is out.

I'm pretty sure that it's impossible for Urobuchi to write anything that's not at least a little homoerotic.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

jonjonaug posted:

The new episode is out.

I'm pretty sure that it's impossible for Urobuchi to write anything that's not at least a little homoerotic.

Which is why he's perfect for Kamen Rider.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Man, that was a good episode, even if half of it was cyphered.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I never thought I'd say this of someone who's perfectly fine killing almost the entirety of the world's population, but Kaito, you're good people.

I have to seriously question Ryoma's intelligence here. He's surprised that Demushu decided to attack? Dude, maybe you shouldn't have sent someone as aggresive as Kaito as humanity's first contact if you didn't want that to happen!

Also every moment with Takatora and Oren this episode was a mixture of hilarious and oddly cute. I could do with seeing them more together. Pity Takatora's all but definitely getting killed soon.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
To be fair his first plan WAS to give out those dictionaries

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
So now I'm honestly wondering if Yggdrasil is supposed to be part of Foundation X or if the screen listing all the prototypes was just a neat easter egg. Probably just an easter egg, but it's still neat.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I wouldn't be surprised, but the Foundation X arc got abandoned for Wizard, unfortunately.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Darksaber posted:

So now I'm honestly wondering if Yggdrasil is supposed to be part of Foundation X or if the screen listing all the prototypes was just a neat easter egg. Probably just an easter egg, but it's still neat.

Considering that the rest were more ridiculous (there was even a "pumpkin bread" prototype) I'm betting it's just an easter egg.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

jonjonaug posted:

Considering that the rest were more ridiculous (there was even a "pumpkin bread" prototype) I'm betting it's just an easter egg.

That's just a hint at next year's rider, Kamen Rider Kabocha.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I could see why Oren was in this episode, but I wish he hadn't looked like a loving idiot in almost every scene he was in.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Am I the only one that's sad that we didn't actually end up with ONIGIRI ARMS! even if it was just a mental sight gag?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

jivjov posted:

Am I the only one that's sad that we didn't actually end up with ONIGIRI ARMS! even if it was just a mental sight gag?

That would be amazing, but it unfortunately doesn't fit with our fruit theme.

I really hope they don't kill Takatora, I really like his character. :(

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Some Numbers posted:

That would be amazing, but it unfortunately doesn't fit with our fruit theme.

I really hope they don't kill Takatora, I really like his character. :(

Acorns and pinecones, why not rice?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I legitimately did not know that rice was a seed. You learn something everyday.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Some Numbers posted:

I legitimately did not know that rice was a seed. You learn something everyday.

Ummm... What exactly did you think it was? :stare:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Ummm... What exactly did you think it was? :stare:

Well, I haven't had many situations that required me to really examine what rice may or may not be, so I've never really thought about it.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Wow, I didn't know that. Guess that cliche about learning something every day is true.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Isn't Fourze technically Kamen Rider Onigiri?

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

jonjonaug posted:

The new episode is out.

I'd love to see what he could do with Diend and Gokai Blue.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
There's a massive potential spoiler in the dialogue with Demusha the red Overlord. It's from his translated language so if you want to avoid that, don't pay attention to this.

Right before he calls all the humans apes, he says they're "Nothing like us humans!!" So I'd say that adds a bit of a new layer to things.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You guys'll never believe where wheat comes from. :haw:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

T.G. Xarbala posted:

You guys'll never believe where wheat comes from. :haw:

...Helheim?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
That would be a pretty good explanation for Yakitate Japan's final arc.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The fact that SHF Ryugen is still available for preorder on AmiAmi after being up all day when Gaim, Baron, and Zangetsu all sold out instantly is infinitely amusing to me.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

So based on I think leaks and episode previews people are saying next week Micchy takes over as Zangetsu Shin, and Takatora may or may not be dead. Although there's been speculation based on toy packaging that Kouta gives the Genesis Core over to Takatora so he can do Jinba Zangetsu Shin (Double Melon).

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Can Of Worms posted:

That would be a pretty good explanation for Yakitate Japan's final arc.
Man, nobody can explain what that whole arc was. Who knows how many breads were eaten when planning that one...

Rei_ posted:

(Double Melon).
Very Melon :colbert:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rei_ posted:

So based on I think leaks and episode previews people are saying next week Micchy takes over as Zangetsu Shin, and Takatora may or may not be dead. Although there's been speculation based on toy packaging that Kouta gives the Genesis Core over to Takatora so he can do Jinba Zangetsu Shin (Double Melon).

It'd make some sense. If Takatora does survive, now that Micchy's Zangetsu-Shin, he'll need a Rider form, and normal Zangetsu is really weak in comparison. I'm pretty sure the only reason Baron got an actual Energy Rider form instead of Jinba Lemon was because the Genesis Core forces the Japanese sounds on the Driver, but this is no problem to the Japanese samurai Zangetsu.

Plus I really want to see a double Melon so I'm totally on board if they go with this. And I really don't want to see Takatora die, he's basically my favourite character now.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
The bonus content on Gaim volume 3 is even more amazing than volume 2's.

THe only bad part is that they don't spend all 40 minutes focusing on Takatora being terrible at the game.

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012
Ok, where else can I see the entire thing and the previous ones?

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
HAim BD raws are here. (Google shortened link because some forum software doesn't parse MEGA links correctly)

The amazing stuff is in the Great Decisive Conquest War folder.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Latest episode status: :tviv:

I have barely any words other than "WHAT?!" and "Urobuchi is a stone cold motherfucker".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

jonjonaug posted:

Latest episode status: :tviv:

I have barely any words other than "WHAT?!" and "Urobuchi is a stone cold motherfucker".

HOLY poo poo I KNOW!

loving Takatora looked so happy too, now that he could maybe actually SAVE humanity.

• Locked thread