Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

my bad! i thought it was ongoing or i would have found it myself

(still thank you very much sir!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.

MooCowlian posted:

I finally caught up the end of Distant Worlds, and now I need more space stories. SSLPs in outer space, preferably of the 4x empire building persuasion?

While they technically aren't LPs, these two playthroughs of Galactic Civilizations 2 are both highly entertaining.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

MooCowlian posted:

I finally caught up the end of Distant Worlds, and now I need more space stories. SSLPs in outer space, preferably of the 4x empire building persuasion?

Nweismuller did an excellent LP of Master of Orion 2 not to long ago.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 24, 2014

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Niggurath posted:

Yeah, a new one might be good but in case you were still curious to see RChimp's great LP, it's up on youtube starting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chfLFJyMMMQ

Also here.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Whatever happened to the Fire Emblem awakening LP? It's not on the archive and I can't seem to find it in the forums either.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It never got finished and thus never archived.

If you want it, you'll need to go trawling the forum archives.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku
Or just search here: https://www.lparchive.org/lpmaster

Here's the thread.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
Well for a new LP, I'm seriously enjoying the hell out of Recettear: An Item's Shop Tail. It's an informative LP about how the games mechanics really work which is nice, considering the game is hard as hell if you don't know how it works. It also has some fun thread participation, and shows off the games sense of humor pretty well. It's really one I think most people should be keeping an eye on, Dee Ehm is doing a fantastic job doing the game justice.

Lynkericious fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 27, 2014

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Nyaa's LP of his dating sim CYOA is coming to a close and holy gently caress why haven't you clicked this yet this is amazing. Seriously, it's hilarious and Nyaa went the extra mile with this one - he translated everything for us, showed pretty much every single option available, and even noticeably improved his English along the way! It's been a blast to read and the latest chapter (that he pretty much made up to give the game a proper ending) has been outstanding.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Seriously, read this thing.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

alcharagia posted:

Seriously, read this thing.

It is pretty dang fantastic.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Any entertaining but thorough LPs of Dead Island? It seems like no one on SA wants to touch it, and I don't have anyone online or offline to play it with, but I do want to experience the story and the game.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

AMReese posted:

Any entertaining but thorough LPs of Dead Island? It seems like no one on SA wants to touch it, and I don't have anyone online or offline to play it with, but I do want to experience the story and the game.
The only Dead Island LP I can recall was in the Bad Games Thread and I remember it being somewhat thorough?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Niggurath posted:

The only Dead Island LP I can recall was in the Bad Games Thread and I remember it being somewhat thorough?

Here's the thread by the way: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3557036

You should check the thread out for The Sniper 2 as well.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Thanks, you two. I appreciate it.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

This is pretty fun and I will also recommend it

David D. Davidson posted:

Here's the thread by the way: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3557036

You should check the thread out for The Sniper 2 as well.

If you are not familiar with Sniper 2 then absolutely check it out, the game is a cinematic trainwreck and the people commentating are also funny. Dunno if it's in the archives yet but here's the playlist on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82h-5Sggir4

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

It's kind of difficult to watch an LP by someone that obviously hates Dead Island. He also doesn't really get over himself. I'd appreciate a co-op LP as well, not just one guy tearing down the game every chance he gets, which I should have expected from a "bad games" thread.

Any other suggestions?

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

AMReese posted:

It's kind of difficult to watch an LP by someone that obviously hates Dead Island. He also doesn't really get over himself. I'd appreciate a co-op LP as well, not just one guy tearing down the game every chance he gets, which I should have expected from a "bad games" thread.

Any other suggestions?

I remember seeing quite an informative run on youtube a while ago (like a couple months after it's release) but I can't seem to find it now, though it wasn't co-op unfortunately. I'll keep looking for you, lest you be stuck with whatever you want to call the one in the bad games thread.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Sundowner posted:

I remember seeing quite an informative run on youtube a while ago (like a couple months after it's release) but I can't seem to find it now, though it wasn't co-op unfortunately. I'll keep looking for you, lest you be stuck with whatever you want to call the one in the bad games thread.

I appreciate it. There are a few I can find that are either incomplete or only show highlights of their experiences.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I'm going to throw out a recommendation for Let's Play Disaster: Day of Crisis. This is a game about natural disasters, that's close to Metal Wolf Chaos in terms of ridiculousness. The way it keeps topping itself episode after episode is just mind boggling. Niggurath is there to provide informative commentary, and he's joined by a couple of co-commentators who provide a laughter track for a game that probably should have been shipped with one. Also some sciency knowledge about earthquakes and stuff!

Here's an image of Ray, a professional protagonist and rescue-man running away from a tsunami. On foot. While being extremely serious about it.

This is one of the less stupid things that have happened in the game so far.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

StoryTime posted:

I'm going to throw out a recommendation for Let's Play Disaster: Day of Crisis.

And I'm going to say you should go for the superior, and imo insurpassable Coulis LP of the same game: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2725735&pagenumber=112&perpage=40#post422356615

(Sadly only available through Dropbox following the Blip purge)

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

steinrokkan posted:

And I'm going to say you should go for the superior, and imo insurpassable Coulis LP of the same game: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2725735&pagenumber=112&perpage=40#post422356615

Oh, interesting! It seems that the videos are down right now because of too much traffic, but I'll definitely check them out when they become available.

I'm not drawing back my recommendation or anything, though. The thread that's going on is a quality one.

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

The other day I came home super late and Coulis messaged me on skype with a link to a new video to commentate over for disaster. Maybe, in it's own special way, the let's pee isn't dead... Even if Pserum is a) banned and b)living in New Zealand, Coulis is a big important adult now and me and Hbomb are stupid idiot babies.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I'm just going to be blunt and say Psycho Serum was not the magic in that team so you guys should totally keep making videos.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Pork Lift posted:

The other day I came home super late and Coulis messaged me on skype with a link to a new video to commentate over for disaster. Maybe, in it's own special way, the let's pee isn't dead... Even if Pserum is a) banned and b)living in New Zealand, Coulis is a big important adult now and me and Hbomb are stupid idiot babies.

I have the dumbest grin on my face right now.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

StoryTime posted:

Oh, interesting! It seems that the videos are down right now because of too much traffic, but I'll definitely check them out when they become available.

I'm not drawing back my recommendation or anything, though. The thread that's going on is a quality one.
Nah, all my threads are super lovely and people should watch any other LP's than mine.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Coulis' playthrough didn't get finished, though. Also, them links seem to be down.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

steinrokkan posted:

superior, and imo insurpassable

As someone who's had this done to me, can we not do this? It's a recommendations thread; we don't need passive aggressive anti-recommendations.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Geop posted:

Also, them links seem to be down.

As far as I can tell there's nothing I can do to fix that except wait. Dropbox limits public traffic to something silly like 2GB per day.

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

slowbeef posted:

As someone who's had this done to me, can we not do this? It's a recommendations thread; we don't need passive aggressive anti-recommendations.

If someone else Let's peed Sprung I would definitely watch the hell out of that. It probably wouldn't spawn so many avatars though.

(EDIT: If anyone somehow missed them, slowbeefs sprung LPs are still some of the funniest threads I've read on this forum )

Pork Lift fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 30, 2014

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pork Lift posted:

If someone else Let's peed Sprung I would definitely watch the hell out of that. It probably wouldn't spawn so many avatars though.

(EDIT: If anyone somehow missed them, slowbeefs sprung LPs are still some of the funniest threads I've read on this forum )

It's true. Every time I come across a picture of this motherfuker (which isn't all that often, honestly, but still), I instinctively hiss "Dickbag!" like I'm Jerry Seinfeld getting screwed over by Newman again.

That and the pepper spraying everyone.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

nine-gear crow posted:

It's true. Every time I come across a picture of this motherfuker (which isn't all that often, honestly, but still), I instinctively hiss "Dickbag!" like I'm Jerry Seinfeld getting screwed over by Newman again.

That and the pepper spraying everyone.

gently caress YOU

I HAD COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT GUY

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Has there really never been a P&P Paranoia LP? Watching the Rogue Trader LP and they joke about it. Makes me lust for one.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I know that Schildkrote, Hover, et al did at least a couple of one shot Paranoia games but I'm not having any luck finding them at the moment.

Edit: found some (all?) of them on tindeck here.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I could have sworn I started reading/watching a Binary Domain LP here but I can't find it now. Was I just imagining it?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

The Lone Badger posted:

I could have sworn I started reading/watching a Binary Domain LP here but I can't find it now. Was I just imagining it?

There was one, started by the same guys who did 20 Years of Sonic. It got put on hold, but they are going to be bringing it back soon.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
There was also one started by Gatz, which also fell into archives. I recommend that one, though I don't have the link handy.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

frozentreasure posted:

There was also one started by Gatz, which also fell into archives. I recommend that one, though I don't have the link handy.

This is a good an opportunity as any to mention that Gatz is a really solid LPer who I think sort of sneaks in under the radar at times. He's currently conquering the unconquerable with Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines, a game that has had at least four LPs die on the vine, and did a few other Vampire games previously.

poorlyplayed
Aug 29, 2013
Anyone know of a nice Persona 3 (any version) or Persona 2 lp? All of those I've found so far are over-the-top YouTube personalities more interested in views/themselves than displaying the game. I enjoyed the giant bomb p4 endurance run, but they made a point of exhibiting the game on top of having fun with it(: Other similar lp recommendations would be appreciated too, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

poorlyplayed posted:

Anyone know of a nice Persona 3 (any version) or Persona 2 lp? All of those I've found so far are over-the-top YouTube personalities more interested in views/themselves than displaying the game. I enjoyed the giant bomb p4 endurance run, but they made a point of exhibiting the game on top of having fun with it(: Other similar lp recommendations would be appreciated too, thanks

bam bam and bam and if you are interested in persona 4 as well:
http://lparchive.org/Persona-4/
http://lparchive.org/Persona-4-Golden/

• Locked thread