Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

prefect posted:

Did Destro's head get upgraded from silver to gold at some point?

Yes - when he parted ways with COBRA and founded the Iron Grenadiers.

I was so psyched when that batch of toys came out because finally Destro got to be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

ManiacClown posted:

More excessive violence, here from G.I. Joe v1 #120, wherein Destro straight-up explodes a ninja.

It's a bit of a call back to issue #21 The Silent Issue where Snake Eyes breaks into Destro's Castle and rescues Scarlett and not a single word of dialogue is uttered.

prefect posted:

Did Destro's head get upgraded from silver to gold at some point?

Woha, woha, that's beryllium steel there, not silver.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Here's probably a few pages you didn't expect to see out of a Disney Comic, but then again this was the 90ies and even the Duck Avenger went a little ~extreme~ (at least in Italy!)

Sequence from PKNA Issue #9 - Fountains of the Moon.

Background: The Alien Evronians are Invading Africa, to grow their offspring and take over Earth (and enslave everyone here).
The Duck Avenger aint gonna have that, but ran into an ambush and got himself shot (twice).

But he's not the only human (...duck?) on site:

:911:

The bad aliens happen to have another issue to deal with though, namely a certain Creditor (she only collects in $Revenge$).

The soldiers decide that sneak attacking the alien baby-making pumpkins is the proper course... with a flamethrower :allears:

The double sandwhich convinces the aliens to bug out...

She then proceeds to murder all the (remaining) aliens, happy ending!

(A little continuation of the PKNA side-track in the Funny Pannels thread)

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 15, 2014

tasslex
Apr 23, 2003

He's watching YOU

TwoPair posted:

...snip...

Source is Thor God of Thunder #11. Also if you need context further than what the scene already gives you, Thor and an older version of himself are in the heart of a bomb designed to kill all gods, and the bomb is going off.
Thanks for this, just finished reading most of this run and it's fantastic. I've got 2 people I know that will be getting Vol 1&2 TPBs for their birthdays this year, loving Thor doubters.

I will also be using your short description to describe what a good comic book is from now on.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
G.I. Joe Vol. 1 #19

The Eskimo mercenary Kwinn has cut his ties with Cobra and been tracking down Dr. Venom, who has tried to kill him several times now. Unfortunately, after locating Venom, Kwinn and Snake Eyes are defeated and locked into experimental Cobra armored suits which override their conscious will.

Venom explains that the weapon systems have a failsafe preventing them from firing on anything painted Cobra blue. Snake Eyes strains to break free through sheer force of will.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

And that was Kwinn's final rant about weasels and the weasel spirit. That dude had a thing about weasels. He was enough of a badass for Snake Eyes to respect him, but drat was he obsessed with weasels.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Well now, the idea of thousands of mad dentists drilling into every nerve sure is terrifying. :stare:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
The mad dentist doesn't show up until a number of issues later, though.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Seems like a lovely thing to do; rant about weasels and the weasel spirit, then weasel-word you're way into grenading a guy.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Dan Didio posted:

Seems like a lovely thing to do; rant about weasels and the weasel spirit, then weasel-word you're way into grenading a guy.

That was the weasel spirit's final trick on Kwinn.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Dan Didio posted:

Live by the weasel, die by the weasel. He gave the guy a chance to walk away.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, right in the balls. :stare:

Edit -originally in ref to the destro panel but it works for the grenade one too I guess.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Apr 16, 2014

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Continuing my little PKNA romp, I bring you another excellent issue: #10 - Trauma (we'll get to the titular Trauma in a moment)

Last time the humans went up against the alien pumpkins, wearing nothing but combat fatigues and gasmasks against admittedly immobile opponents, but with the defensive power of *metal melting molecular acid*, *biohazardous spore clouds* and regeneration, where Mechs failed* commandos succeeded.

This battle is going to be different...

*A previous issue I didn't mention!

As bad guys goes, the Evronians, beside having above-mentioned weird rear end pimpkin phase, their most notable power is their psychic/emotional vampirism. They'll suck out your emotions and leave you a dry husk. Oh, and they are pretty aggressive jerks in general, so they aren't going to take getting beat up by a bunch of Ducks kindly.

Which brings us to this issue's alien plot to destroy the Duck Avenger, Once And For All :doom:

And they got just the guy for the job, enter...

No wait, back up a little.

Enter...

Trauma.

That's more like it.

He's a bad dude, how bad?

P. Bad.

Obviously our squishy unpowered hero aint' up for the job, so...
When the Going Gets Tough, the Duck Gets Tougher

:getin:

Act III - Metal, indeed.

But really, how good could this fight be?

:stare:

:suspense:

:iia:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The Star Slammers, Space Marines for hire, have just defeated an enemy army and have returned for payment. They discovered that one of their client's allies is a traitor.

Star Slammers #1.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Nipponophile posted:

G.I. Joe Vol. 1 #19

The Eskimo mercenary Kwinn has cut his ties with Cobra and been tracking down Dr. Venom, who has tried to kill him several times now. Unfortunately, after locating Venom, Kwinn and Snake Eyes are defeated and locked into experimental Cobra armored suits which override their conscious will.

Venom explains that the weapon systems have a failsafe preventing them from firing on anything painted Cobra blue. Snake Eyes strains to break free through sheer force of will.

I would've preferred that mighty Kwinn survived...

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I would've preferred that mighty Kwinn survived...

I thought he was going to blow himself up on Dr. Venom's tank, thus ruining its Cobra Blue camoflage and letting Snake Eyes target it through his mind control in a Robocop-like twist.

MagnesiumB
Apr 13, 2013
Continuing its trend of being a heavy metal opus most of today's new issue of Thor could be posted in this thread.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

From Daredevil - Road Warrior (digital comic) #2
Context: Daredevil jumps on to the roof of a car being driven by a man he's chasing. Suddenly 3 guys on motorcycles appear and start shooting them.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
There has been a sad lack of Thor God of Thunder 'round these parts. So here's King Thor throwing down with Galactus for old times sake at the end of the Earth.

Thor God of Thunder 21

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really just want a comic that is just old, jaded Thor. I'm not really interested in Captain Planet Thor going on in the main storyline.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
You know, if you would have just told me that they made Thor look badass by having him fight Galactus, I probably would have just rolled my eyes and assumed it was another case of people abusing the character to make others look tough. But this is a whole different story. :drat:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Holy poo poo that's some good-rear end banter. So I guess I should just start from Thor God Of Thunder #1 and try to get caught up?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

Holy poo poo that's some good-rear end banter. So I guess I should just start from Thor God Of Thunder #1 and try to get caught up?
Thor sure.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

IUG posted:

Yes it's great.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

IUG posted:

Just note that after issue twelve there's a movie tie-in arc, which isn't necessarily bad, but it's not painted \m/ then in issue 18 we come back to what begins the fight you've witnessed.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Vincent posted:

From Daredevil - Road Warrior (digital comic) #2
Context: Daredevil jumps on to the roof of a car being driven by a man he's chasing. Suddenly 3 guys on motorcycles appear and start shooting them.

"For you, the day Daredevil saved you from motorcycle ninjas by jumping a train was the greatest day of your life. For me, it was Tuesday."

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
A golden oldie from the previous Badass Panels topic: The final chapter of Garth Ennis's run on Punisher MAX. The Punisher is close to finding out the identities of the villains of the story and they're rightfully terrified, since they have no combat experience whatsoever and he's the loving Punisher. Knowing that the Punisher doesn't kill American soldiers following lawful orders, they send what is essentially Rainbow Six to capture him under the pretext that Castle using his military training to be a more effective serial killing psychopath is making the American military look bad. While trailing him, two of the operatives get ambushed and in the scuffle manage to plant a tracking device on his coat. They trail him to a hideout and prepare to capture him.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'm generally not a fan of Grant Morrison's "BatGod" take on Batman, but this was a standout moment in Batman R.I.P.:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'm generally not a fan of Grant Morrison's "BatGod" take on Batman, but this was a standout moment in Batman R.I.P.:

Inconceivable!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I would have liked it more if Bruce had spent years slowly building up an immunity to iocane powder.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

I would have liked it more if Bruce had spent years slowly building up an immunity to iocane powder.

Funny. The next page has him saying he did exactly that. And he carries antidotes for the poisons he's not already immune to.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I posted these near the end of the previous thread, but I could only find them in black and white then, and the quality of the scans wasn't great.

Here's the full-colour version of Jaspers vs the Fury from The Mighty World of Marvel #11 and #12 (by Alans Moore and Davis).

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Metal Loaf posted:

I posted these near the end of the previous thread, but I could only find them in black and white then, and the quality of the scans wasn't great.

Here's the full-colour version of Jaspers vs the Fury from The Mighty World of Marvel #11 and #12 (by Alans Moore and Davis).

Reminds me of the duel of wits between Dream and a demon in Sandman.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Ultra Humanite has swapped brains with Power Girl's friend. PG is not amused.

Power Girl 11

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That's a hell of a blatant boobs-butt panel. And they didn't even need a Psylocke spine-twisting pose to do it.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Say Nothing posted:

That's a hell of a blatant boobs-butt panel. And they didn't even need a Psylocke spine-twisting pose to do it.

I also like the justification that she hadn't done something horrific by mutilating whats her name, because apparently surgeons can reattach their own limbs now?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Well Santana kinda does stuff like that a lot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cassa posted:

Well Santana kinda does stuff like that a lot.

No, he mostly plays guitar.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Bozart posted:

I also like the justification that she hadn't done something horrific by mutilating whats her name, because apparently surgeons can reattach their own limbs now?

To be fair, she does have a super smart badger sidekick and tons of animal parts laying around.

(also, boobs)

Power Girl 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

What I'm gathering from all of this is evidence for this issue, if not this period, of Power Girl to be discussed in the Worst Runs thread.