Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Ride a hamster on a hand. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?
Another amazing wiggly kitty gif.

Shake, shake, shake, Senora, shake your bodyline
Shake, shake, shake, Senora, shake it all the time.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I need to see the pounce.

You're killing me, Dove from Above.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-rcvYfMFeE

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Hamsters are quite possibly more liquid than cats are

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Hamsters are basically non-Newtonian fluids

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
"Continue petting it to become thin." Wanna try that weight loss program.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Rexicon1 posted:

Hamsters are more like mice somewhere inside fuzzy bags of holding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjRQx1VFaXA

Zinc Teeth
Jul 11, 2008

Dove from Above posted:

Another amazing wiggly kitty gif.

Shake, shake, shake, Senora, shake your bodyline
Shake, shake, shake, Senora, shake it all the time.

Awww man the paw tuck. Tuck one. Tuck two. LIFT OFF

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Rexicon1 posted:

False. I filled a ditch with hamsters and tried to run across it. I sank up to my knees.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I like the other cat completely not giving a poo poo. :3:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Centripetal Horse posted:

False. I filled a ditch with hamsters and tried to run across it. I sank up to my knees.

Just gotta add more corn starch to the hamsters and then try it.

Gloomiebat
Sep 17, 2005

You are made of boron
Hey everyone, I need some help. This is my cat Phoebe, who is the best cat in the entire world.

She was put to sleep this evening after almost 17 years of being spoiled rotten and loved to pieces by us. I am a complete wreck so could I please request some nice cat pictures and stories please? I know it might seem weird but I want to see some other people's pets who are loved just as much to remind myself that while this has been a horrible day, the fact we gave Pheebs a loving home (she was a rescue cat) for almost two decades was a good thing. I hope she can forgive us for letting her go (she had kidney and liver failure, and though I know she's not suffering any more, I am absolutely devastated. She idolised my dad, and I've never seen or heard him cry like that.)

Love you forever, little friend.

(Sorry for the downer guys but I could really use some cheering up. Please tell me about your lovely cats.)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Gloomiebat posted:

Hey everyone, I need some help. This is my cat Phoebe, who is the best cat in the entire world.

She was put to sleep this evening after almost 17 years of being spoiled rotten and loved to pieces by us. I am a complete wreck so could I please request some nice cat pictures and stories please? I know it might seem weird but I want to see some other people's pets who are loved just as much to remind myself that while this has been a horrible day, the fact we gave Pheebs a loving home (she was a rescue cat) for almost two decades was a good thing. I hope she can forgive us for letting her go (she had kidney and liver failure, and though I know she's not suffering any more, I am absolutely devastated. She idolised my dad, and I've never seen or heard him cry like that.)

(Sorry for the downer guys but I could really use some cheering up. Please tell me about your lovely cats.)
here are my cats

this here is Mr Tibbs, although most people call him Tibbs or Tibby, he's an old lovable grump(he was somewhere between 2 and 3 when we got him, and that was in 1999) used to be an alley cat, now is a spoiled indoor cat(albeit one that can still put up a fight for someone his age)

and this is Rocky who we got somewhere around 2000 when he was not quite a kitten but not quite a full grown cat, I'm pretty sure he's part Maine Coon cause he looks the part and is quite long when fully stretched out, but he doesn't quite have the sheer hugeness full Maine Coons have, he's kinda skittish but he's a real sweetie who just loves to lick people's arm hair

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.

This is Ziggy our 6 month old kitten. She's a brat.

She also thinks that the nursery is actually an entire room furnished just for her.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Gloomiebat posted:

Good kitty :unsmith: She sounds like she was an awesome cat and that she had good people.

This is Kiska. She is kind of dumb but a puddle of love:

And my favorite picture from the first summer I had her, when she had trouble remembering how to get back in the hanging screen door:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Alteisen posted:

Helped rescue a puppy on death's door with an organization I volunteer for. He was not looking good last night.

http://imgur.com/p3RgtXC

Here he is today, its been a very, very long time, years even that I have cried tears of joy, and it feels good..

Even though he still looks rough, he seems so much better in the span of a single day. I hope he can heal up and lead a happy puppy life!

Anyways, when it comes to lovely cats, this picture makes me irrationally happy.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Please excuse the potato phone quality.

This is Momo.

He is a fat, crotchety old man cat. He's also my best friend. He's been with me through thick and thin, through three moves, an exodus from an abusive situation, and lots of therapy.

He's ten years old, but is still healthy as a kitten. His fur is like a combination of rabbit fuzz and silk. When you rub his butt, he floops over like this. He loves belly rubs. He also loving adores my home-made bread to the point where he will steal it right out of my hands. He has better manners than that, but when it comes to fresh bread, he does not give a gently caress.

He also realy likes alfalfa sprouts and is a stoner kitty. Momo, best cat.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

Gloomiebat posted:

Phoebe was a beautiful catte and obviously well loved.

This is Raspurrtin. He was found near death in a snowbank, brought to the shelter, had part of his tail amputated due to frostbite, and was slowly re-fed. They estimated his age to be about 14 (vet thinks he's older) and it wasn't clear if he would make it much longer. This is a picture from the day we brought him home.

This is a picture of him about eight months later. He was featured as a "favorite cat" at the shelter and apparently had a professional photo taken before he left. In a few weeks we will have had him for a year. Besides some arthritis and early kidney disease, he's doing very well. He's extremely affectionate, has a very raspy, crackly meow, and loves giving kitty kisses.

This is Pikkukoira. She was a stray for what appeared to be a long time and had been shot in the side with a BB gun. She was covered with mats and dirt and needed a thorough cleaning. When we got her they said she was about 4, but our vet said she's definitely a "middle aged cat." This is a picture from the day we got her, and it's been over two years since she's been with us.

She is very serious about shoelaces. She's actually extremely cute but it's hard to get a decent picture of her.

This one always makes me laugh, hope it makes you smile too Gloomiebat. I just wanted a cute picture of her and she was not having it. She's the goofiest cat I've ever met and has a huge personality. She is best friends with the bud below.

Not a catte but... This is Goliath, our Malamute, on the day we brought him home from the shelter. He was about 8 when we got him.

This is him about four months later. He's never had short hair like the first picture since. We've had him for a year and a half now and he is the best dog in the whole world. Could not ask for a better pup.

Sorry for your loss, Gloomiebat. It's been about a year and a half since I said goodbye to my cat that I grew up with and was best pals with for 14 years. The grief is terrible for a while but as time goes on it's easier to think of happy memories instead of feeling sad.

E: Sorry for the huge post!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Never apologize for big posts filled with well-loved and adorable animals :colbert:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Shiba inu puppy can't figure out how to scratch itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqggvPSOm2k

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

President Ark posted:

Shiba inu puppy can't figure out how to scratch itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqggvPSOm2k
Jesus Christ the top chain of comments is people RPing anime shibe sex :gonk:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

Why would you ever read youtube comments? :confused:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

Cmon, man.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Koivunen posted:

This is him about four months later. He's never had short hair like the first picture since. We've had him for a year and a half now and he is the best dog in the whole world. Could not ask for a better pup.

Look at that coat! He probably eats better than I do.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mizuti posted:

Even though he still looks rough, he seems so much better in the span of a single day. I hope he can heal up and lead a happy puppy life!

Anyways, when it comes to lovely cats, this picture makes me irrationally happy.

Yea I don't know the name of the disease in english, its like a skin thing dogs get, sarna in spanish.

But yea, he still has a long road but he's clear of any major disease, he's been de-wormed, now he needs treatment for the sarna, but he's gonna be ok.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

So, I tried to get a more recent photo of Momo, because the ones I posted are oldish. He wasn't having it.

"Why do you do this to me?"

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

http://lifehacker.com/5830390/block-youtube-comments-with-adblock-plus

There you go

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Yea I don't know the name of the disease in english, its like a skin thing dogs get, sarna in spanish.

Canine scabies I would assume. He should be fine as long as he gets treatment.

edit - Tiny Hamsters Eating Tiny Burritos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOCtdw9FG-s

goatface has a new favorite as of 00:41 on Apr 30, 2014

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Gloomiebat posted:

:smith: I'm sorry Gloomiebat. She looks like a lovely cat.

This is my spoiled little brat, Lucy. She found me Christmas Eve seven years ago. I was hanging out at my parents' place cooking dinner and I hear a scratching at the back door. There's a tiny little kitty all bedraggled and soaked to the bone. We brought her in, found an old box downstairs to stuff her in with some blankets, and was gonna get her healthy enough for a trip to the vet and then to the humane society. None of us wanted a cat at that point in time, no way, no how. Nope. :colbert:

:unsmith: Seven years later she basically rules the house. We will leave the doors wide open and she'll take an occasional sniff outside, but I think it was lovely enough when she was out there years ago, she wants no part of it anymore.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

Casu Marzu posted:

:smith: I'm sorry Gloomiebat. She looks like a lovely cat.

Beautiful cat, heartwarming story.

squirrelnow
May 29, 2009

What do you throw away that keeps returning?
Sorry, Gloomiebat :( Your girl looks like she was lovely.

This is Tesla when I first got her. She was found by an electrician outside his office, not even full grown yet and already pregnant. He finally got her inside and managed to adopt out all the kittens, but his cat and Tesla didn't get along at all, so I took her in. She got a clean bill of health from the vet and got spayed, so no more kittens for her.

She's a super sweet cat who loves to play (she loves fetch) and wants to be around people, though she's scared of strangers. She'll sit in the window and growl at delivery men and deer. She had a blast earlier when the bunny came by under her perch. She never ever tries to get outside but I bet she would've made an exception for that. I've only had her for about seven months, and they think she's somewhere in that 1-2 age range.

Bonus kitten picture - about half of them were long haired:

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle
This is Gandalf, he gives no fucks:

He is mostly tail:

And very little brain.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ToastFaceKillah posted:

This is Gandalf, he gives no fucks:

He is mostly tail:

And very little brain.

DAT TAIL :swoon:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Look at that fukken tail. wanna touch that floof.:3:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:allears: that tail is magnificent

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?
I'm sorry to hear about Phoebe. Choosing euthanasia for a pet is one of the hardest decisions you can make, and I know you'll feel torn up about it, but I hope in time you mostly remember how much you loved each other. She was obviously a top-notch pet.
Here is my jerk cat Pearl enjoying the sunshine and breeze on the windowsill:

not five minutes ago. She just hopped down and came to sit next to me, with her butt against my knee and her head pointing away, which I think is catte for 'I didn't want you to be lonely with me so far across the room, but it's not like I like you or anything.'
I got Pearl from the SPCA when she was about nine months old, and I think she must have had an unhappy kittenhood which impaired her ability to trust and bond with people. She is one of the prettiest cats in the world, a fluffy silver tabby with lovely black-rimmed green eyes, and people always want to pet her and SHE'S NOT HAVING IT. There is a note on her file at the vet's, 'VBC,' which the vet nurse sheepishly admitted when I asked stood for 'Very Bitey Cat.' She has walked over to people who were just sitting still not paying her any mind and scratched and bit them, just in case they got ideas. Once my sister was lying down sunbathing, and Pearl reversed up to her and pissed on her back.
And just now she sat up and gently licked my elbow before settling down in a different position. I am the only person in the world Pearl loves, and she loves me with all her little black heart.
Of course, she bites me too.
On the first day I had her at home, she hopped up on my bed and, confused by the scrunchy feeling of the down quilt, squatted and peed. I wasn't quick enough to stop her, so I just had to whisk the covers off the bed quickly (fortunately it hadn't soaked through to the mattress) and get them into the washing machine. When I came back I found her up there again squatting to poo. I seized her and carried her, baffled, to the litterbox, where I sat her down and petted her and told her 'Good girl! Clever Pearl! This is the right place!' And she looked into my eyes and I swear it was a Helen Keller W-A-T-E-R moment. I saw that cat understand. (She pooed.) And ever after that, she never once peed or pooed in the wrong place.
Well, until I lost my job and we had to move in with my parents and the Territorial Piss Wars with their cat Iris started.
And that incident with my sister.
But she's not doing that out of confusion about the proper place! She's doing it to be a jerk. The difference is very important.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:3: Pearl sounds like a wonderfully crotchety cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Gloomiebat posted:

:sympathy: You gave Phoebe a good, good life. And you took the best care of her.

(And don't forget to mosey over to the PYF catte thread. All the cattes!)

But I will share my duders with you here.

This is Henry. He is my ball of love. He is a stumpy Manx and was a bottle fed kitten so he's very cuddly and hands on.

Henry has a sister, Tabitha. She is a rumpy Manx and a haughty one at that. She is enamored with her own beauty, but is very un-photogenic. Also a bottle fed baby, but she pretends cuddling is gross.

Last but not least is their adopted sister Charlotte. She is just a regular 'ole DSH, but she's a lovely orange and the sweetest girl when not making intense amounts of mischief.

• Locked thread