Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I appreciate a dialect that has a monosyllabic word for "makes me want to puke"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Shannonmcn posted:

Boke is a word that means I want to vomit on you

How do you use that? Like, "hang on bro, I'm boking" or is it like, the state of wanting to vomit, ie "I'm boke"

actually nevermind, what is up with your people that they need a word for when they want to vomit.?

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

boom boom boom posted:

How do you use that? Like, "hang on bro, I'm boking" or is it like, the state of wanting to vomit, ie "I'm boke"

actually nevermind, what is up with your people that they need a word for when they want to vomit.?

More like omg those shoes, boke. Or gently caress I'm gonnna boke. Or anime is complete boke.

Its like "gently caress" you can stick it anywhere in a sentence.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
poz my boke hole

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am calling in sick to my job today for the first time :( (well the second time but the first time i was literally in hospital) and i'm consumed by guilt, somebody validate me

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm a dedicated employee i swear

i take my job seriously

i love my job

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Hello! I'm up with the sun, except I wait til it's been in one window and has stopped and started coming in the other side of the house. :sun:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
pray for me

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Avshalom posted:

i am calling in sick to my job today for the first time :( (well the second time but the first time i was literally in hospital) and i'm consumed by guilt, somebody validate me

It is okay to call in snotgoblin. You probably had the cold yesterday too so they will know you are legit and understand.

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Avshalom posted:

it is better for both you and them that you properly rest and drink lots of fluids

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Avshalom posted:

it's irresponisble to go to work when you're sick. you can make the other sick and mess up because of your illness.

If anything, you should feel guilty for the times you should have called in sick

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

they will appreciate the fact that you are not spreading a cold to everyone else at the company

you are doing the right thing :h:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

it's irresponisble to go to work when you're sick. you can make the other sick and mess up because of your illness.

If anything, you should feel guilty for the times you should have called in sick
*sneezes on you*

Loud Mouse
Dec 19, 2008

MY WILL IS THE CHEESE CLUB
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN CHEESE

Went to the doctor to get meds so I can breathe again, and that part was really cool. But then...

Found out that I might have high blood pressure and that I have to monitor it daily for the next couple weeks (I'm only 27). AND that I have to stop taking the allergy meds that I just spent $30 on this morning because they could gently caress it up worse. AND I have to further change my already strict diet.

My least favorite, most crazy customer came in to see me today and asked me a bunch of stupid meaningless questions about stupid poo poo.

Oh, and then my period started.

TODAY IS BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE EVERYONE

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Avshalom posted:

*sneezes on you*

yay human contact :shobon:

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

my cat

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i thought you weren't even paid

gently caress 'em

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Loud Mouse posted:

Went to the doctor to get meds so I can breathe again, and that part was really cool. But then...

Found out that I might have high blood pressure and that I have to monitor it daily for the next couple weeks (I'm only 27). AND that I have to stop taking the allergy meds that I just spent $30 on this morning because they could gently caress it up worse. AND I have to further change my already strict diet.

My least favorite, most crazy customer came in to see me today and asked me a bunch of stupid meaningless questions about stupid poo poo.

You had such a lovely day, soz ladybro :(

Soz for Av too. It's no biggie, I'm sure they know you love your job if you talk about it there half as much as you do here :)

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

a good tort

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Not bad

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Av they miss your shining face but also you are an unpaid intern the only negative you could have there would be to get people sick.

I'm still getting used a lot of the interpersonal dynamics at my new job and I cried at a meeting today :toot:.

Now I am eating all of the tortilla chips in my house.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

b+ cat 8/10 etc

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Good cat. Nice cat.

Is she pissed? She looks pissed. What did you do?

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Loud Mouse posted:

ilu2

say hi for me

hi cat

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

going to a Spanish tutoring thing, no one else signed up so I'll be awkwardly talking one on one with a tutor for an hour

I anticipate massive amounts of embarrassment as I struggle through basic sentence structure

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Very pretty, but it looks disappointed in me. Did I do something? :ohdear:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Loud Mouse posted:

Ugh, that really sucks.

I'm glad my customers didn't give me too much grief today. One guy always comes in and asks if we have a TV series and is really confused when I try to tell him that just because another store has it, doesn't mean that we have it. He really doesn't understand the concept of "stock". And this morning I think I pissed off a lady because I didn't get that she was trying to tease me.

We also have R2D2 folding chairs now, but they are 60 bucks.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

viscous wolves posted:

going to a Spanish tutoring thing, no one else signed up so I'll be awkwardly talking one on one with a tutor for an hour

I anticipate massive amounts of embarrassment as I struggle through basic sentence structure
That's actually a huge boon for you. One on one tutoring is nice, take advantage of it
Hopefully they don't cancel due to too little interest

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

good cat

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

unlimited shrimp posted:

Casual shoes for outside the office/whatever:

or

or

I really like the moc toe boots but they're probably too hip for me.

as a guy i like #2's leather style but the pattern on 3 is better that said go with 2 cause it looks better overall.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

old picture of fat vanya terrorising his cattledog friend

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Avshalom posted:

They like you a lot and they know you like working there. I'm sure if anything they're just worried you're okay.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

For all the sick or sad ladies

Loud Mouse
Dec 19, 2008

MY WILL IS THE CHEESE CLUB
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN CHEESE

Avshalom posted:

pray for me

I'll try, but it probably won't help any. Go be sick. People get sick sometimes, I'm sure your job understands and I'm sure they love you. Had you stayed and gotten everyone else sick, they may have started to hate you and that would be much worse.

Shannonmcn posted:

You had such a lovely day, soz ladybro :(

It's not even over yet. I have 2.5 more hours before I can go home and be allergic to my cat.

Nessa posted:

Ugh, that really sucks.

I'm glad my customers didn't give me too much grief today. One guy always comes in and asks if we have a TV series and is really confused when I try to tell him that just because another store has it, doesn't mean that we have it. He really doesn't understand the concept of "stock". And this morning I think I pissed off a lady because I didn't get that she was trying to tease me.

We also have R2D2 folding chairs now, but they are 60 bucks.

Customers are the worst. I wish my job wasn't entirely dependent on them liking me.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

vanya is about four months old in this photo :3:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

vanya is about four months old in this photo :3:

so tiny :3:

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

vanya is a well liked dog, look at all his friends

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Does vanya have a pack

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
If so is he alpha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the cattledog on the left was too old to deal with his poo poo but the cattlederp on the right was his surrogate dad. vanya would chase him around nipping his heels and encourage him to play by sticking his nose in his butt

• Locked thread