Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
jwang is so mad I can't even deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Are they? I can't hear over the sound of Overpower and looking boss with my axe (while using Overpower).

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

jwang posted:

Certainly, we're jealous of the fact that we never really have to run out of TP in prolonged fights, and that we can easily pop invincibility and run around instead of being rooted in one spot like a retard, or being able to become immune to knockback effects. Oh wait, you don't have those do you? That's a shame.

And this is why Paladins are the Dragoons of Tanking

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

jwang posted:

Certainly, we're jealous of the fact that we never really have to run out of TP in prolonged fights, and that we can easily pop invincibility and run around instead of being rooted in one spot like a retard, or being able to become immune to knockback effects. Oh wait, you don't have those do you? That's a shame.

Sorry I can't hear you. :smug:

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

Boten Anna posted:

And this is why Warriors are the Dragoons of Tanking

I'm think this is what you meant to say, what with the endless Overpower spams you did. Shifting to DRG and spamming Ring of Thorns was no difficulty for you I'm sure.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Final Fantasy XIV: Every class is the worst class.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Final Fantasy XIV: Every Dragoon is the worst player.

:smugdog:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

jwang posted:

I'm think this is what you meant to say, what with the endless Overpower spams you did. Shifting to DRG and spamming Ring of Thorns was no difficulty for you I'm sure.

It's pretty cool having an AOE that does a truckload of hate quickly so I can move on and do all the other interesting abilities I have since I don't need 20 cooldowns to prevent getting one shot with a tiny health pool, all while actually contributing to group DPS :smug:

And still doing the defensive cooldown thing better than Paladins with Inner Beast :smug: :smug:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Conversely Flash does a little less enmity while not draining tp, providing survivablity, more easily useable on the move, and without breaking combo.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

You're just jealous of our pro-as-gently caress looking animations. You wish you could be cool enough to jump on enemy's heads three times in a row.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
2 Questions related to averaging your item level:

1) If I am a dragoon, is it counting that empty shield slot against me? I'm assuming not, but figured I'd ask.

2) (the more important one) assuming the average is unweighted and each slot counts equally toward the total and average, if it gets a decimal is it rounding up or down? [ie: is 51.58 = 52 or 51?)

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.
I just tried Coil 1 for the first time since 2.2.

:what:

Like, what the gently caress did they do to what was once a cool raid dungeon?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

ShadeofDante posted:

I just tried Coil 1 for the first time since 2.2.

:what:

Like, what the gently caress did they do to what was once a cool raid dungeon?

They nerfed it like in every other vertical progression MMO?

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

Feenix posted:

2 Questions related to averaging your item level:

1) If I am a dragoon, is it counting that empty shield slot against me? I'm assuming not, but figured I'd ask.

2) (the more important one) assuming the average is unweighted and each slot counts equally toward the total and average, if it gets a decimal is it rounding up or down? [ie: is 51.58 = 52 or 51?)

No, rounds down.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Belzac posted:

Conversely Flash does a little less enmity while not draining tp, providing survivablity, more easily useable on the move, and without breaking combo.

Which, as a Warrior, I have access to, too :smug: :smug: :smug:

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

You're just jealous of our pro-as-gently caress looking animations. You wish you could be cool enough to jump on enemy's heads three times in a row.

The pro-as-gently caress animation leader is in fact Monk, which I happen to play.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Seriously, though, I'm thinking of moving to Excalibur tonight. I've got three high level classes and high level crafters. Is there a raid group or someone I can jump in with? I'm done with my current FC and server.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mr. Nice! posted:

Seriously, though, I'm thinking of moving to Excalibur tonight. I've got three high level classes and high level crafters. Is there a raid group or someone I can jump in with? I'm done with my current FC and server.

Take a look through the organization sub-forum on FFgoons?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Career tanks should have both PLD and WAR leveled up anyways. Doubly so since you share all the same gear, weapons aside.

CupNoodle
Dec 14, 2008

Please take care
Please be careful
Please take care by being careful

Mr. Nice! posted:

There are a bunch of groups in the ffgoons organization forum for most skill levels and time zones. You can sometimes get a group together in FC chat too, or at least a good chunk of one to PF with. If you are new to endgame, I also usually put together Coil School for fresh 50s in DGKK and PBC about 3-4 nights a week if you want to learn in a bit slower paced environment.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Is it possible to get into the extreme primals group without being in PBC or DGKK? I'm pretty happy with the free company I'm with now, and I don't want to leave them. :shobon:

I need to do Garuda, Titan, and Ifrit extreme, and I'm not sure if you need to be a member of PBC/DGKK to get into Football School.

Nevermind, got everything sorted out.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 30, 2014

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

KaneTW posted:

They nerfed it like in every other vertical progression MMO?

I just thought they'd give the echo buff to compensate and help new players out. I didn't realize they'd neuter every turn as well mechanically.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

But they didn't?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

ShadeofDante posted:

I just thought they'd give the echo buff to compensate and help new players out. I didn't realize they'd neuter every turn as well mechanically.

What do you mean? Slimes still spawn, Cad still gets stacks? Are you talking about the change to high voltage to reduce the paralysis time and make it removable?

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

What do you mean? Slimes still spawn, Cad still gets stacks? Are you talking about the change to high voltage to reduce the paralysis time and make it removable?

Mainly the latter. I've only run the first 3 turns and I feel like it's way more forgiving in almost every respect. But I guess like it was pointed out, that's how most MMOs handle progression for raids. It's just sad, Coil still thematically is a cool as heck dungeon, I just wish that you still had to have some semblance of a brain to complete it. So many DF groups getting through without really knowing the mechanics.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The old content is dead. Long live the new coil!

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Maybe you should stop going to baby coil if you don't want to be treated like a baby.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

ShadeofDante posted:

I've only run the first 3 turns and I feel like it's way more forgiving in almost every respect.

Why it's almost as if people do 15% more damage, heal for 15% more, and have 15% more HP, giving you a significant buffer against non-mechanical failure.

Argeta
Apr 29, 2009

jwang posted:

look at this terrible post and despair

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

DNA posted:

There are a bunch of groups in the ffgoons organization forum for most skill levels and time zones. You can sometimes get a group together in FC chat too, or at least a good chunk of one to PF with. If you are new to endgame, I also usually put together Coil School for fresh 50s in DGKK and PBC about 3-4 nights a week if you want to learn in a bit slower paced environment.

I'm not new to endgame. I have three chars at endgame and two above ilevel 90 one about to be. I'm just tired of my FC and server and figure a goon FC/server would be better for me.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Kyrosiris posted:

Why it's almost as if people do 15% more damage, heal for 15% more, and have 15% more HP, giving you a significant buffer against non-mechanical failure.

Which is fine by me cause it makes zipping through T1-4 with random pugs a breeze to gear up my less used and future jobs.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Boten Anna posted:

Which, as a Warrior, I have access to, too :smug: :smug: :smug:

you get to use it 3 times and it doesnt provide blind

emoticon emoticon emoticon

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Doublestep posted:

you get to use it 3 times and it doesnt provide blind

emoticon emoticon emoticon

Warrior is still infinitely better at generating threat and doesn't require pulling your hair out every time you get a roulette dungeon with a level cap below 35.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
How the hell are people arguing that flash is anyway better than overpower. if you want a circular aggro generator boy do i have a skill for you.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Varance posted:

Warrior is still infinitely better at generating threat and doesn't require pulling your hair out every time you get a roulette dungeon with a level cap below 35.

I play both

Trying to say one is better than the other is loving stupid

Trying to say one is better than the other because of low level roulette is stupid

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Are we having this stupid argument again? The answer is exactly the same as white mage vs scholar. They both excel in different ways and you generally want both of them in your party anyway. Play whatever appeals to you and be excellent to your contemporaries.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

gobbledygoat posted:

How the hell are people arguing that flash is anyway better than overpower. if you want a circular aggro generator boy do i have a skill for you.

Yeah, it's Ring of Thorns. Get hosed tanks, I'll be chilling over here off the side of Titan's platform. :smug:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Doublestep posted:

Trying to say one is better than the other because of low level roulette is stupid

I would like to interrupt this train of thought to say that even though you're right, playing GLD/PLD without Rage of Halone is a miserable experience

thank you

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

What's the point in gardening if I'm not allowed to harvest my own drat plants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sparda219
Nov 21, 2007

Just as some things can be right and useless at the same time, can't something be wrong and priceless?

Tremors posted:

Sorry I can't hear you. :smug:

Why yes, I will go on a date with you.

That is so much cooler than the lion mount. I'm so glad I have a warrior alt.

Speaking of gardening, what kind of yields do you get from a mature plant? Is it worth doing for gathering culinarian supplies or is it really just a harvest moon style distraction?

• Locked thread