Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its fine, mostly! Just join any goon one with spots to spare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Just avoid the ones whose recruitment posts show an obsession with score.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
There needs to be a way that people marked Commander can be booted. Having to promote idiots in order to buy more slots is asinine in the first place.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I'm almost afraid to say this since the last one scaled in such a bullshit way, but we need another pve event. I'm desperately starved on iso and I can't really get much from the falcon/shield events.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
Just so no-one panics at the moment, I think the servers are having a little fit.
Went to the alliance chat page and I'm met with a "Join an alliance now!" type message, did a search for Agents of GOON and I'm still listed as a member (still 20/20 members), just have no access to any alliance details. So if anyone else sees the same, I'm thinking their servers are just a bit overwhelmed with whatever this latest patch download thing was.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Heroic Lightning rounds and new PVE Simulator event are up.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

All 3 team up nodes take Falcon. I angrily spent 200 on an updraft pack muttering about how much I hate this game and pulled a purple falcon, so now I can actually play all of the event* :dance:

*until the nodes all become deadly in 2 days

slightlyslow
Aug 19, 2002
Cheer up, emo kid.
In good news, they finally expanded the Alliance rank needed to get a cover (top 250). In less good news, you don't get any HP as an alliance reward unless your group is top 50 or better.

AntiZorn
Sep 23, 2007
Pillbug
We have two more slots open in Mathletes. Just request a join in game and post here and we'll get you in at some point today.

MonotoneKimi
Oct 9, 2012

AntiZorn posted:

We have two more slots open in Mathletes. Just request a join in game and post here and we'll get you in at some point today.

Put in a request. My username is the same as here.

I have 1000 HP saved up, if it's enough to open another slot.

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001
Requested entry in Mathletes as well - username is T7inga.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

slightlyslow posted:

In good news, they finally expanded the Alliance rank needed to get a cover (top 250). In less good news, you don't get any HP as an alliance reward unless your group is top 50 or better.

Oh no! I loved the steady stream of HP from alliance rewards.

If anyone else is looking for a spot in an alliance Hired Goons is at 10 people and happy to take in anyone who'll expand us (1100hp for next spot)

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

retro sexual posted:

I've been enjoying the extra HP, too (pretty sure I've made more from alliance rewards than I spent on a slot at this point), but I'd rather have the extra covers.

slightlyslow
Aug 19, 2002
Cheer up, emo kid.

retro sexual posted:

If anyone else is looking for a spot in an alliance Hired Goons is at 10 people and happy to take in anyone who'll expand us (1100hp for next spot)

Someone on the D3 forums pointed out that the 250 cover cap/hp rewards were also in place for I guess the initial lazy-cap tournament, so it's neither novel nor set in stone. I would have to hope they realize that constantly constraining cover rewards to ~2000 players would end up killing more interest than it would generate competition, but who knows. Especially as the number of max-size alliances is ever increasing.

But this is the only pvp focused free to play game I've gotten suckered in to. Have other pvp focused games (clash of clans I guess?) kept a very constrained reward tier as the player base grew, and were players were ok with it?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
This level 58 MStorm gave me an idea: allow increased level caps by spending HP. I would whale it up for a level 85 Modern Storm. Perhaps.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Never mind. Wrong forum

vulturesrow fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 30, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Uuuuuuh, I think you might be confusing this with another game?

Also I'd level M Storm all the way up to 400 if I could.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

vulturesrow posted:

Quote is not edit

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
G.O.O.N. (with 7 members) is 20 points ahead of GoonStyle (with 13 members) in the Simulator PVE.

If everybody puts in a so-so performance, we should get high enough to get a Falcon cover.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Simulator has 7 days to go. Most people havent even started.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Call Me Charlie posted:

G.O.O.N. (with 7 members) is 20 points ahead of GoonStyle (with 13 members) in the Simulator PVE.
Oh no you didn't

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

SynthOrange posted:

Uuuuuuh, I think you might be confusing this with another game?

Also I'd level M Storm all the way up to 400 if I could.

Level 400 Storm will be seen on the last day of the event. :psyduck:

Also, what would possess someone to own multiple copies of one star characters? This guy, Lyrian, has two Storms, Hawkeyes, and Black Widows. :psyboom:

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 30, 2014

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

gromdul posted:

Level 400 Storm will be seen on the last day of the event. :psyduck:

Also, what would possess someone to own multiple copies of one star characters? This guy, Lyrian, has two Storms, Hawkeyes, and Black Widows. :psyboom:

Theoretically, you could do different builds with each or swap them out as necessary so you don't have to heal. Doesn't seem worth it, though.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002
Thoughts on a hulk/spidey/falcon team? I'm looking for something that will handle pve as well as pvp.

I've got a 5/3/5 hulk, and probably shooting for a 3/5/5 falcon. What should I run spidey at, optimally? 4/5/4?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

JBones posted:

Thoughts on a hulk/spidey/falcon team? I'm looking for something that will handle pve as well as pvp.

I've got a 5/3/5 hulk, and probably shooting for a 3/5/5 falcon. What should I run spidey at, optimally? 4/5/4?

My goal for Spidey is 5/5/3; getting enough AP to heal before the enemy is dead is usually more of a concern than protect tiles. Especially if you're going for 5 purple on Falcon, you won't really need to worry about protects that much.

Punisher seems like a better 3rd, since he generates tiles for Falcon to boost, but it doesn't look like tile boosting is your goal for Falcon, and you can boost all those protect tiles anyway. Should work well enough.

old chubbyknees
Jul 10, 2006
Who bez?
Super Goons has two slots open (8 & 9)

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Call Me Charlie posted:

If everybody puts in a so-so performance, we should get high enough to get a Falcon cover.

We have an average of 16 members active per day in G.O.O.N so we should do ok. I just make sure I beat very node as soon as the new round starts and then try and rack up points an hour or two from the end to get a decent finish.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I encountered no resistance and beat my way up to 1120 points in the falcon tourney. I only got attacked three times during the entire tournament. Weird.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

I don't think the "Victory Bonus" should decrease or the skip tax increase if you are skipping people that have attacked you. In the Falcon event, I am getting the crab crabbed out of me and routinely get attacked by people I have no hope of beating so I skip them. If I get attacked by more than 4 people that I have no hope of beating on any given map, it costs me iso. I find that annoying. If I am just skipping people to try and find an easier opponent to beat, then I have no problem with it.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

SynthOrange posted:

I encountered no resistance and beat my way up to 1120 points in the falcon tourney. I only got attacked three times during the entire tournament. Weird.

I had the same experience until this morning. My shield ran out while I was sleeping and I was hit for 280 points. There was no real crabbing as I played a couple of 40 point matches to grab a top 10 spot before shielding again.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

SynthOrange posted:

Point totals are ridiculously off the charts this time for everyone so they must have changed something.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I've shielded over 900 but I don't have another hour or two to play more to get up to the levels I'm seeing top in my bracket. I'll be lucky if I'm top 10 this time by the end.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I found some guy with a 102 Lazy Thor and 85 OBW (and freebie Falcon). The battle was worth 50 points to me. I kicked his rear end with my Thor and OBW. And I kept hunting him down! It only took several skips for him to pop back up for another 50. It was like Christmas. I shot up to 1131 points, got my free yellow Falcon. I finally got attacked by someone else and lost 48 points, so I shielded and called it a night.

I love the +10% damage to two colors boosts. Only 100 iso for 5. It makes fighting 3* teams with my 2* teams more predictable. And for 50 points a match, I was spending 300 iso per fight. :black101:

Oh and someone was asking so I took a screen shot. If I destroy it on my turn, it can trigger next turn. It only checks at the start of my turn.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 30, 2014

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
What happens if both teams have Falcon and Redwing is the only special tile on the board?

If both teams have enough blue, do they keep swapping it back and forth?

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

and what happens if you protect it for four turns? O_O

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

matryx posted:

and what happens if you protect it for four turns? O_O

It disappears and Redwing can take control of a new tile.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

Oh is that all. The "launch your attack" wording made me think something interesting would happen.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Max level falcon purple seems on paper to be a brutal defensive skill. How the gently caress would you deal with fourteen protect tiles at 51 strength? That's negating 714 damage before he even matches a yellow. And this is with only 4 purple covers.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Syrinxx posted:

Max level falcon purple seems on paper to be a brutal defensive skill. How the gently caress would you deal with fourteen protect tiles at 51 strength? That's negating 714 damage before he even matches a yellow. And this is with only 4 purple covers.

Loki :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Point totals are ridiculously off the charts this time for everyone so they must have changed something.

It seemed like after some threshold, points started going up again for the available opponents, even if their own points total wasn't nearly as close as yours. I was seeing new ~500-700 points matches with victories worth ~20 points as I was closing in on 1100. If I'd been less tired, I might have well made it to 1300 with some extra effort, though I was starting to see 141 teams at that time. Wonder if Invisible Woman will end up required again in the Simulator.