Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Suspicious Cook posted:

The winner is the new challenger.

It's the Yogscast guy with new DLC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Each person invited picks a new character. Only the winner's character gets in.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm curious if they're going to encourage the players to A) pick the new characters B) don't just go for the boring flat stages and C) play with items on?

I mean it's a tournament so I imagine the competitors want to play with competitive rules, but on the other hand this is 100% a promotional tool and they'd want to have them show off all the game has to offer. Or perhaps they'll have for glory and for fun matches at this invitational thing to show off both.

I don't play competitively, but I think it's really cool how they included Final Destination versions of most of the stages.

DrPaper posted:

I'm hoping they do something special at the end of the tournament. Like rig it so in the final match the winner is suddenly slammed with a "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" event to show off someone big, like Mewtwo returning or something.

:psyduck: That would be genius

Excels posted:

It's the Yogscast guy with new DLC!

I would legit be okay with Simon from the Yogscast being a special DLC for Smash Bros real talk

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
yogscast is cancerous

but it would be worth it for the backlash i think.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

It'd be neat if they did set up Mii's of the participants and the winners Mii appeared as the challenger.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Macaluso posted:

I'm curious if they're going to encourage the players to A) pick the new characters B) don't just go for the boring flat stages and C) play with items on?

I mean it's a tournament so I imagine the competitors want to play with competitive rules, but on the other hand this is 100% a promotional tool and they'd want to have them show off all the game has to offer. Or perhaps they'll have for glory and for fun matches at this invitational thing to show off both.

I don't play competitively, but I think it's really cool how they included Final Destination versions of most of the stages.

:psyduck: That would be genius

I would legit be okay with Simon from the Yogscast being a special DLC for Smash Bros real talk

An SA Goon in Smash would be incredible.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

Mr. Sandbag's been there from the start.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

DoctorWhat posted:

Wario will probably return, don't worry.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

Wario will probably return, don't worry.

Wario hangs out on Tumblr now.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

DoctorWhat posted:

Wario hangs out on Tumblr now.

http://social-justice-wario.tumblr.com/

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Suspicious Cook posted:

So everyone sandbags against Mewtwo king?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Man, I thought that would be funnier. Or at least committed to the character.

Wario sold out :(

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Zore posted:

That is in character

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Zore posted:

Man, I thought that would be funnier. Or at least committed to the character.

He's in a gay relationship with his brother too.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

DrPaper posted:

He's in a gay relationship with his brother too.

Wario and Waluigi aren't siblings.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorWhat posted:

Wario and Waluigi aren't siblings.

Wait, WHAT!?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waluigi has been referenced as Wario's sibling, his cousin and completely unrelated to him. The last seems to be what they're going with these days.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're like a Sith lord and apprentice. Wa is a title like Darth.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Fsmhunk posted:

Wait, WHAT!?

Charles Martinet (the guy who does Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi's voices) maintains that they're just some dudes who found common interest in being evil and weird and now they just sort of hang out and do that.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Fsmhunk posted:

Wait, WHAT!?

I think he's just supposed to be some jerk who hangs around Wario because noone else can stand him.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

Charles Martinet (the guy who does Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi's voices) maintains that they're just some dudes who found common interest in being evil and weird and now they just sort of hang out and do that.

I believe his wording was "weird, evil dudes who found each other".

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

codenameFANGIO posted:

I believe it was him that suggested the idea of a 'Wario & Waluigi' RPG where they just go around the land being assholes.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

I believe his wording was "weird, evil dudes who found each other".

My wording is superior. :colbert:

Cleretic posted:

I believe it was him that suggested the idea of a 'Wario & Waluigi' RPG where they just go around the land being assholes.

Charles Martinet seems pretty awesome. :allears:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Cleretic posted:

This would be a quadrillion times better than any given Paper Mario.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Just take a genre Nintendo doesn't currently have a franchise for, and give it to those two.

Like a beat-em-up. Nintendo doesn't have their own beat-em-up.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Cleretic posted:

I wish I could let Nintendo know that I would buy the poo poo out of this game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

Just take a genre Nintendo doesn't currently have a franchise for, and give it to those two.

Sorry man, Urban Champion 2 already de-confirmed. :(

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Supercar Gautier posted:

If Platinum made a Beat-'em-up featuring the Wa Bros. I would buy like at least three Wii U's.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

Sorry man, Urban Champion 2 already de-confirmed. :(

They deconfirmed "Urban Champion 2". They didn't deconfirm Wario Dragon: Streets of Walurage.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I am Reverend posted:

If Platinum made a Beat-'em-up featuring the Wa Bros. I would buy like at least three Wii U's.

I would dedicate my life to buying all the Wii U's. Super Wario Pals: Revengeance :getin:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cleretic posted:

I'm not even into the whole Waluigi craze and I would play the hell out of that. It'd basically be Grand Theft Auto: Mushroom Kingdom.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Supercar Gautier posted:

Nintendo doesn't have their own MOBA. Wario Lane shall fix this.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

A Wario MOBA is a perfect fit really, given that you spend most of your time in those games beating up little dudes and taking their money.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

So is anyone actually thinking about going to the Nokia Theatre to watch this poo poo live? Don't see any info on ticket prices yet, but I'm totally down for this.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

quote:

Pic of the day. With the Super Leaf, any fighter can have ears and a tail. You can also float in the air by pressing the jump button. We're still figuring out whether you'll be able to attack with the tail...

Interesting that some mechanics are still being experimented with at this stage. It's normal for items you hold to replace your A attacks, but not items you wear. Maybe that's why they're not sure yet.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

Interesting that some mechanics are still being experimented with at this stage. It's normal for items you hold to replace your A attacks, but not items you wear. Maybe that's why they're not sure yet.

Peach with background wings and music note = crypto Palutena teaser, confirmed right here on something awful dot com

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

I really want to see how they make this work with yoshi. Where do the ears go, on top of his eyeballs or do they pop out of his cheeks?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

What about Fox, who already has similar ears AND a tail?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Supercar Gautier posted:

Tails confirmed for Smash. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Supercar Gautier posted:

Giant tanooki testicles.

• Locked thread