Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Plinkey posted:

Does Freep ever hate it when an old white guy gets convicted of murder.

Little Falls Man Found Guilty On All Four Counts Of Murder

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3150105/posts

My FRiend, had I caught the guy red handed, I’d have used my shotgun and blown the perp out of his socks.

I suspect this individual does not value human life as much as I do. Perhaps a person is worth a couple thousand dollars, but we already fought a war over that.

Plinkey posted:

Jesus Christ, RinaseaofDs is insane.

RinaseaofDs should take some time and read the studies on how criminals react to things like capital punishment and possibility of armed victims. He might be surprised.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Zwabu posted:

None of these people spanking their monkeys over this guy murdering the teens who broke into his home read any of the news articles about the case yet they will hold forth til the end of time about it.

Just a week or so ago the same thing happened with a couple of white kids and the Freep thread was loaded with references to "urban ferals" and "Holder's people" before someone told them that the victims were white.

Edit: Oklahoma Postpones Execution After First Is Botched

quote:

To: Oldeconomybuyer

sounds like it went just fine to me.

2 posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:32:46 PM by Secret Agent Man (Gone Galt; Not averse to Going Bronson.)

Hanging!

quote:

I simply don't get this.

I don't doubt that some of these people on Death Row are there as a result of crimes of passion, but most of them I would think are there because of the heinous nature of their crime.

Why can't a gallows, rope and hood serve the purpose?

I just don't get the thought process.
4 posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:33:21 PM by rlmorel ("A nation, despicable by its weakness, forfeits even the privilege of being neutral." A. Hamilton)

.22!

quote:

To: rlmorel

A lot of Bow Hunters carry a .22, just in case they do not get a clean kill...just sayin...

5 posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:36:05 PM by D Rider (Don't give sharp objects to small children)

No! Guillotine!

quote:

I always thought that the LETHAL INJECTION was the surest way to kill. Well, the GUILLOTINE was the SUREST way but those Frenchies overdid it an we don't have the guillotine any more.

Maybe we should bring it back. What say you?

6 posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:36:32 PM by cloudmountain

Ice Pick!

quote:

Did they administer an ice pick? This guy raped and murdered a CHILD!

11 posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:38:45 PM by montag813

quote:

Cheaper and generally works. Yet not as nice as going to sleep. Don’t know why we should afford human thugs the same courtesy as a beloved good animal.

12 posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:38:49 PM by the OlLine Rebel (Common sense is an uncommon virtue./Technological progress cannot be legislated.)

Flamethrowers!

quote:

To: cloudmountain

I hate to admit it, but North Korea has had some recent success with flamethrowers.

13 posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:39:37 PM by Gamecock (The covenant is a stunning blend of law and love. (TK))

quote:

The object is to kill the criminal.
He’s dead, so the execution was successful.
Why do we mollycoddle these rejects from society?
Just kill the societal reject and be done with it.

16 posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:43:08 PM by BuffaloJack (Government by Gun Point.)

HANGING!

quote:

Why not knock off all this folderol and go back to a good old-fashioned hanging? It’s quick, efficient, and you can use the rope over again.

17 posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:44:23 PM by beelzepug (You can't fix a broken washing machine by washing more expensive clothes in it.)

quote:

And this, of course, from The Slimes...where everyone who has been proven guilty is “innocent” in their minds. They jut want these maniacs back on the streets killing more “carbon emitting” people. Sick, sick, sick.

19 posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:45:01 PM by RushIsMyTeddyBear (Great vid by ShorelineMike! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOZjJk6nbD4&feature=plcp)

GUILLOTINE!

quote:

To: beelzepug
Why not knock off all this folderol and go back to a good old-fashioned hanging? It’s quick, efficient, and you can use the rope over again.

Nah, the GUILLOTINE: heads roll and there is NO coming back from that. It's quick, surefire, reusable and easy to clean.

It fits into a bowling bag too, in case...never mind.

25 posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:49:49 PM by cloudmountain

HANGING!

quote:

Hanging works first time, every time, and rope is cheap.

26 posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:50:36 PM by logic101.net (How many more children must die on the altar of gun control?)

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 30, 2014

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Guillotines, bah.

A real man (Putin) do a beheading with a giant claymore made out of Valyrian steel. While topless.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Why not stoning? The other page they were all 'bible says theft is bad!' (let's ignore for the moment, as they do, that the bible also doesn't say to kill thieves but instead gives instructions on reparatory and punitive payments), so why are they in a rush to embrace decidedly non-biblical methods of execution?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
It's funny because a guillotine would have been infinitely more humane than what that poor man in Oklahoma had to endure.

The death penalty seriously revolts me, I think I need a break from the freep thread if they'll be taking about it. I can't laugh at this poo poo :smith:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Loomer posted:

Why not stoning? The other page they were all 'bible says theft is bad!' (let's ignore for the moment, as they do, that the bible also doesn't say to kill thieves but instead gives instructions on reparatory and punitive payments), so why are they in a rush to embrace decidedly non-biblical methods of execution?
To be honest, I don't think that Freepers and ultraconservative/Tea Party Republicans have ever read the Bible past cherry-picking specific passages to support their views. You could give them a passage from the Qur'an that agrees with their views and they'd think it was from the Bible. It could extend to more people too; I went to a Jesuit high school and my class pretty much failed when a theology teacher showed random quotes from the Bible and Qur'an and have us guess which religious book they were from.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Acquilae posted:

To be honest, I don't think that Freepers and ultraconservative/Tea Party Republicans have ever read the Bible past cherry-picking specific passages to support their views. You could give them a passage from the Qur'an that agrees with their views and they'd think it was from the Bible. It could extend to more people too; I went to a Jesuit high school and my class pretty much failed when a theology teacher showed random quotes from the Bible and Qur'an and have us guess which religious book they were from.

That made me curious, so I tried this test.

39/50 ehhhh better than chance, but I'm obviously no Bible scholar. I've never read the Koran and it shows.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

That made me curious, so I tried this test.

39/50 ehhhh better than chance, but I'm obviously no Bible scholar. I've never read the Koran and it shows.

I got about the same, some if it just from knowing the history of Islam like most of the ones on idolaters and pagans.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
Are Freepers actually angry 24/7 or do they experience any joy out of life at all?

SedanChair posted:

16-year-old girl full of bullets: "Now's my chance to strike." *deploys Travis Bickle sleevegun*

As terrible as the murder of that girl is, I still love dark humor and this made me laugh out loud.

Swan Oat posted:

It's funny because a guillotine would have been infinitely more humane than what that poor man in Oklahoma had to endure.

The death penalty seriously revolts me, I think I need a break from the freep thread if they'll be taking about it. I can't laugh at this poo poo :smith:

I understand how you feel, although Jagged Jim did such a good job constructing his post to show the increasing absurdity of the "surefire" methods of execution Freepers were suggesting, so I couldn't help but smile.

I guess what I'm saying is, finding comedy in even the most disgusting poo poo Freep has to offer is why I like this thread.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Plinkey posted:

Does Freep ever hate it when an old white guy gets convicted of murder.

Little Falls Man Found Guilty On All Four Counts Of Murder

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3150105/posts

:stare:

:stare: again

Jesus Christ, RinaseaofDs is insane.

...and a voice of reason I guess.

This is actually kind of a misrepresentation. There are a couple of nuts defending the guy but most posts are people calling them out quite vehemently which actually surprised me.

stan worship
Oct 23, 2013

Ninjasaurus posted:

I guess what I'm saying is, finding comedy in even the most disgusting poo poo Freep has to offer is why I like this thread.

This is how I feel, too. The humor doesn't really show lack of compassion to the folks whose passing freep gloats over.

And it is kind of heartening to see that some of them are willing to stand up to some of the outright psychopathy these folks indulge in when another gun-toting creep ices a few more people. :unsmith:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

I suspect this individual does not value human life as much as I do. Perhaps a person is worth a couple thousand dollars, but we already fought a war over that.

RinaseaofDs should take some time and read the studies on how criminals react to things like capital punishment and possibility of armed victims. He might be surprised.

Reading's for faggots and liberals, son. :clint:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Also, in my personal experience teaching about capital punishment, all the data in the world about deterrence doesn't stop people from thinking it's a good idea because it deters criminals :downs:.

EDIT: It's just 'common sense'! It'd deter me!

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 30, 2014

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Alter Ego posted:

But you repeat yourself.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Federal Judge Strikes Down Wisconsin Voter ID Law

quote:

To: GIdget2004
The fact that poor people can’t be expected to have proper ID kinda helps explain all that WELFARE FRAUD too, doesn’t it?

Holy crap our so-called watchdogs of the law are even morons.

5 posted on 4/29/2014 1:39:43 PM by Mich Patriot (Pitch black is the new "tranparent.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

” disproportionately excluded poor and minority voters because they’re less likely to have photo IDs or the documents needed to get them.”

Doesn’t stop them from getting EBT cards and the such. Just saying.

7 posted on 4/29/2014 1:39:52 PM by Stormdog (A rifle transforms one from subject to Citizen)

quote:

Well...then I guess those poor minorities won’t get that FREE healthcare they were promised huh?

BECAUSE THAT REQUIRES AN ID!

FRIGGIN MORONS!

93 posted on 4/29/2014 4:08:07 PM by unixfox (Abolish Slavery, Repeal the 16th Amendment)

quote:

Something is un-Constitutional because it’s a burden?

My kid thinks brushing his teeth is a burden. Does that make it un-Constitutional?

Apparently this Adelman creep thinks so.

12 posted on 4/29/2014 1:41:18 PM by Regulator

quote:

To: MNlurker
Don’t worry about it, Rand Paul said there wasn’t any voter fraud.

28 posted on 4/29/2014 1:50:40 PM by Beagle8U (Unions are an Affirmative Action program for Slackers! .)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

A federal judge in Milwaukee has struck down Wisconsin’s voter Identification law, saying it unfairly burdens stupid minority voters.

56 posted on 4/29/2014 2:15:01 PM by onedoug

quote:

Does the GOP understand that this is about political annihilation? Burden the poor and minority voter! On what grounds, where’s the proof?

This judge should be impeached and removed.

80 posted on 4/29/2014 3:30:02 PM by VRW Conspirator ( 2+2 = V)

Please start doing this freepers

quote:

We should start refusing to show ID when boarding an airplane - claim we are too poor or ignorant. Works for voting it has to work for air travel, alcohol and tobacco purchases also.
85 posted on 4/29/2014 3:38:42 PM by Cheerio (Barry Hussein Soetoro-0bama=The Complete Destruction of American Capitalism)

quote:

Then they had better not require an ID for another constitutional right called the 2nd amendment.

Oh, yah. That’s right. “Those” people need to not have any firearms so those white, rich neighborhoods aren’t threatened.

That’s the premise behind the new CT gun law. Intentional, pure racism.

120 posted on 4/29/2014 8:21:21 PM by USCG SimTech (Honored to serve since '71)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

Seems to me the proper response to this decision is to utterly refuse to show photo ID for anything, and quote that decision. After all, if it is unfair to require it to vote, it certainly must be unfair to do anything else.

157 posted on 4/30/2014 9:35:15 AM by kingu (Everything starts with slashing the size and scope of the federal government.)

quote:

I wish that for once, JUST ONCE, we would have a Republican governor, who would issue a governor’s executive ruling that would immediately declare the unelected activist judge’s ruling to be null & void. We need Repub governors to just grow a pair of balls and fight back against these judicial bastards! I am so sick of this liberal bullsh_t! We need CW II more than ever!

126 posted on 4/29/2014 9:26:15 PM by rcrngroup

quote:

Western Civilization unfairly burdens poor and minority voters. So we can either get rid of Western Civilization or tell these poor and minority voters to suck it up.
Diversity
Civilization
Freedom

You can have two but not all three.

159 posted on 4/30/2014 10:30:49 AM by Count of Monte Fisto (The foundation of modern society is the denial of reality.)
------------------------------
NAZI Basketball Association Outlaws Thought Crimes

quote:

To: Moseley
I haven’t watched pro basketball in over 30 years because it is a racist institution. It is racist because they won’t facilitate the encouragement, support and enthusiasm for white players in their ranks. Further, their advertisers actively support this racism.

4 posted on 4/30/2014 11:08:43 AM by Gaffer (Comprehensive Immigration Reform is just another name for Comprehensive Capitulation)

quote:

It will all backfire, mark my words.

Can you say, “see you in court” as in a COURT of LAW soon?

8 posted on 4/30/2014 11:18:40 AM by Biggirl (“Go, do not be afraid, and serve”-Pope Francis)
Revolt is coming :rolleyes:
(NOTE: As I typed the above it was tongue-in-cheek and then I read naught but 3 posts down...)

quote:

To: Logical me
That is why I see a bigtime revolt down the road. It is coming.

11 posted on 4/30/2014 11:21:57 AM by Biggirl (“Go, do not be afraid, and serve”-Pope Francis)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

And now for some crazy poo poo about comparing this incident to 1984

OP posted:

1984 portrays the mind control techniques of group hate sessions. Every day the people were called into assemblies to shout their hatred for the officially-designated enemies, chosen by manipulative officials. Group hatred protected Oceania’s leaders from the people stopping to think about their corrupt leaders. In modern America, we are instructed to all hate the scapegoats chosen for us. I would say “bread and circuses,” but how many people even know what that technique of diversion and crowd control means any more?
Most U.S. college students and schoolchildren were required to read 1984 in their academic studies. George Orwell’s book was meant as a warning. But the modern New Left and Obama’s team seem to take 1984 as a “how to” manual. Recently, 1984 has become the detailed blueprint for taking over control of traditional America and redesigning our society.

America was built on the idea of tolerance for divergent views and opinions. That means that if you don’t like what someone has to say, don’t listen to it. Ignore them. Living on a planet of 6 billion people requires being an adult and mature enough to accept that other people don’t think the same way you do. It is childish to feel that everyone has to agree with you. It is childish to feel upset that someone’s opinion is different from yours.

Fascism begins by riding popular sentiments.
Then, once the precedent of thought control is well-established and accepted, the government can start silencing its critics using the same techniques and arguments. Obviously, if unpopular people can be silenced, then you too can be silenced the moment you express non-standard thoughts.

Yes, the NBA is a private institution, not government. But conditioning society to accept the repression of different opinions and ideas is preparing the ground for government-imposed fascism soon to follow.

Thought control is one of the greatest dangers to humanity. It is un-American. If American citizens are no longer free to hold opinions that are not officially approved, then freedom, liberty, and America have all died. Decades ago, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) used to understand that if the most unpopular people are not free to express opinions that most people reject, then no one is truly free. If you can only express opinions that the authorities agree with, then we are all mind slaves. The ACLU’s lawyers defended the right of Nazi’s to march and express their opinion, realizing that freedom of speech affects everyone.

1 posted on 4/30/2014 11:03:35 AM by Moseley
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]
So basically bitching about why, in this one instance, society decided not to put up with some rich rear end in a top hat's hate speech. Speaking of "scapegoats": EBT, Amish, BENGHAZI, DEBT, liberals, activist judges, national gun registry, blowjobs, Agenda 21, state's rights, heritage not hate

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I get that it'd be poop touching and all, but I wish somebody could show them Ted Cruz's support of the NBA's decision. They would melt down or ignore it entirely, and either way it'd own.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Sweeney Tom posted:

I get that it'd be poop touching and all, but I wish somebody could show them Ted Cruz's support of the NBA's decision. They would melt down or ignore it entirely, and either way it'd own.

I'm fairly certain they're aware of it, and just in the process of doing option B.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Didn't they already turn their backs on Cruz? I seem to remember them flipping out when he said something not horribly far right wing.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I'm pretty sure they already declared Cruz a useless RINO a long time ago (along with everyone else).

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

wilderthanmild posted:

Didn't they already turn their backs on Cruz? I seem to remember them flipping out when he said something not horribly far right wing.

Yeah i distinctly remember seeing a lot of posts on Freep declaring Cruz a RINO, but over what I have no idea. I know he voted for something that Harry Reid voted for and I think JimRob declared Cruz surrendered and is no true conservative.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Insect Court posted:

Some really purestrain :freep: in that thread: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3148204/posts

My favorite part is probably that the keywords chosen by freepers for the article include: "purpledrank; robotripping; skittles; trayvon; tussin". You have to wonder how different the thread would be if the post had a picture of the two white kids that were killed. :freep: hates young people in general, and loves the idea that they can slaughter anyone they want in the confines of their home, but there wouldn't have been the atavistic glee at the slaughter of what half the freepers just seem to assume were Amish.

...my god...

quote:

To: wideawake
Ah... Insults.

About what I’d expect from someone who has such sympathies for meth heads...

Calling them vermin is an insult to vermin.

57 posted on Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:11:49 PM by Dead Corpse (Tri nornar eg bir. Binde til rota...)

quote:

To: Uncle Chip
I saw meth mentioned-has it been established that the two intruders were meth users? I had not seen/heard that...

Meth labs are found in rural areas like this sometimes-they usually end up exploding, but are just as often raided by the county deputies.
60 posted on Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:22:17 PM by Texan5 ("You've got to saddle up your boys, you've got to draw a hard line"...)

quote:

To: Texan5
I don’t think they were meth users —
2 posted on Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:23:34 PM by Uncle Chip

quote:

CBS has all the good info.
She was intoxicated.

Yep, a robo tripping, purple drank drinking zombie biotch, just on her way to steal some shi*.

Doctor: Slain Teen Was Intoxicated On Cough Syrup

An 18-year-old woman who was fatally shot by a Minnesota homeowner was intoxicated on cough syrup when she and her cousin broke into the man’s home, a medical examiner testified Thursday at the homeowner’s murder trial.

Under cross-examination by the defense, Dr. Kelly Mills with the Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s Office said Kifer had an ingredient from cough medicine in her system at a level that would make her intoxicated.

Mills said the drug, dextromethorphan, can cause hallucinations, disassociation and an out-of-body experience. Kifer’s toxicology tests also showed the presence of a marijuana metabolite that Mills says had no hallucinogenic effects. Brady had no drugs or alcohol in his system, Mills said

128 posted on Thursday, April 24, 2014 3:32:19 PM by csvset

Ignoring the goalposts being moved from "meth heads" to "one of the girls was drinking couch syrup and a cutter" it's still a very rare, very precious, and very very unnatural turnabout for FREEP

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
The Sacrilegious Sarah Palin
Torture is totally fine guys.

quote:

To: fabian

the reason Bin Laden was tracked down was through waterboarding.....

torture, where necessary, is not beneath myself nor to most here at FR.

torture is beneath John McCain, so I guess I know where and with whom you stand.

22 posted on Wed Apr 30 09:35:42 2014 by Vaquero (Don't pick a fight with an old guy. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

quote:

Waterboarding is not torture.

Making them sit in a hot, brightly lit room for hours on end is not torture.

Sleep depravation is not torture.

Unless you are that blathering idiot senator dick(less) durbin then anything short of smiley faces, and 5 star resort treatment with the staff making cute little animals with the towels is torture.

36 posted on Wed Apr 30 09:52:05 2014 by 2CAVTrooper (Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason)
That part of training was called "resisting torture"

quote:

Waterboarding is (or was) part of U.S. military Officer Training.

It is NOT TORTURE!

61 posted on Wed Apr 30 11:08:43 2014 by G Larry (Which of Obama's policies do you think I'd support if he were white?)
It's not even that bad, really. If you've ever sneezed, you've been through worse.

quote:

To: Flame Retardant
Waterboarding is NOT TORTURE!!!!

True. Next time you're in the shower, put the washcloth over your face and let the water hit it for a minute or two. You might come up sneezing, snorting and even coughing, but no permanent harm. It is not as bad as getting water up your nose at the beach.
66 posted on Wed Apr 30 11:38:19 2014 by The Sons of Liberty ("Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle?" - Patrick Henry, 1775)

Just in case the Sarah Palin worship wasn't literal enough.

quote:

To: EveningStar

Sarah Palin is just like Jesus Christ. She came here and she died for our sins.

44 posted on Wed Apr 30 10:21:50 2014 by Lazamataz (Early 2009 to 7/21/2013 - RIP my little girl Cathy. You were the best cat ever. You will be missed.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]
Literally suffering for our sins.

quote:

To: BlueDragon; Lazamataz
...but it does appear she is still being tortured (suffering serial crucifixions).

Somehow she keeps on smiling brightly.

Dan Rather should be pleased?

Courage

58 posted on Wed Apr 30 10:57:10 2014 by BlueDragon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 56 | View Replies]
Just some biblical misquotes for the sake of Islamophobia.

quote:

Christ commands us:

“Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: but I say unto you, That thee shalt waterboard the Islamists; and into their hands shalt thou press hot irons, that they scream and gnash their teeth mightily. Thou shalt poke the Islamist eye out, and feast upon their intestines, as they still breath.” (Matthew 91:38–42).

46 posted on Wed Apr 30 10:25:36 2014 by Lazamataz (Early 2009 to 7/21/2013 - RIP my little girl Cathy. You were the best cat ever. You will be missed.)

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

stan worship posted:

And it is kind of heartening to see that some of them are willing to stand up to some of the outright psychopathy these folks indulge in when another gun-toting creep ices a few more people. :unsmith:

Well, you can't lose all of your humanity. After all, those kids killed in that basement were white. In other words, humans just like us.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

GraceG posted:

To: Nachum
Dear Mr. Putin,

One Request.

If you decide to EMP us, please instead of detonating one Giant EMP device over Kansas, please instead detonate two smaller deivces, one between Washington D.C. and NYC, and the other Between LA and SanFranSicko.

Thanks.

Signed the Heartland.

P.S. I recommend not trying to invade us after doing this.

(the above post is dripping in sarcasm)

31 posted on 4/25/2014 3:58:04 PM by GraceG

If I recall correctly the thing she is asking Putin to do is literally the plot of The Turner Diaries, except they only nuked the Northeast because they'd already ethnically cleansed Cali and using it as their base of operations.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

If I recall correctly the thing she is asking Putin to do is literally the plot of The Turner Diaries, except they only nuked the Northeast because they'd already ethnically cleansed Cali and using it as their base of operations.

It would also, incidentally, damage the "heartland's" infrastructure much more.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Install Windows posted:

It would also, incidentally, damage the "heartland's" infrastructure much more.

Yeah, it's just another example of how Freep doesn't understand the cause-and-effect principle. Yes, in no way would obliterating the two largest economic centers in the country affect the "heartland"!

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Santorum: Not Sure GOP Cares About Poor People [VIDEO]

quote:

To: nhwingut
Typical G(ive).O(bama).P(ower).

There is absolutely Zero, zed, no reason to support
the GOP anymore.

They were, and are, the STUPID party of everything
conservatives HATE.

4 posted on 4/30/2014 2:46:17 PM by Diogenesis

quote:

Unfortunately has absolutely correct.

Now everyone can throw their little tantrums at me and I can ignore them.

6 posted on 04/30/2014 12:47:01 PM PDT by cripplecreek (REMEMBER THE RIVER RAISIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: cripplecreek
Unfortunately has absolutely correct.
--------------

‘Do Republicans care as much about the poor as Democrats do?’”

Santorum said at a New York meeting of conservatives. “I’m not sure we do. I’m not sure we do.

You believe he's right about this? And you concede the DNC-MSM meme that 'Democrats' actually care about the poor? And 'Republicans' don't, as much?

27 posted on 04/30/2014 12:54:39 PM PDT by Servant of the Cross (the Truth will set you free)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Servant of the Cross
LOL Mighty Christian of you to add multiple points to my comment.

36 posted on 04/30/2014 12:59:42 PM PDT by cripplecreek (REMEMBER THE RIVER RAISIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies ]

quote:

Democrats don’t care about the poor, they care about their votes.

I have said I like Rick before except when he stumbles over his words, sticks his foot in his mouth.

I’ll have to see how this pans out.

10 posted on 4/30/2014 2:49:04 PM by BeadCounter
*ignores the plight of poor people*
*acts indignant when they don't vote for him*

quote:

all he had to say is, YES WE CARE MORE ABOUT POOR PEOPLE THAN THE D’s DO, OUR POLICIES ENABLE POOR PEOPLE TO EARN DECENT LIVINGS SO THEY WON’T BE POOR ANYMORE whereas the D policies MAKE more and More Americans Poor... and Keep them Poor.

there, I’m the furthest thing from a politician... and I was able to answer that question. The economy is one of the R party’s strongest arguments. Make it next time, Mr. Santorum, ok?

13 posted on 4/30/2014 2:50:11 PM by faithhopecharity ((Brilliant, Profound Tag Line Goes Here, just as soon as I can think of one..))

Wow, acknowledging that Paul Ryan doesn't know poo poo about the budget. Quite rare!

quote:

Ryan will eliminate any doubt about whether the GOP cares less with his stupid balance the budget on the back of the poor attempts.

16 posted on 4/30/2014 2:50:55 PM by DannyTN

quote:

Rick might jump the fence and challenge Hillary.

28 posted on 4/30/2014 2:56:22 PM by Berlin_Freeper

quote:

And one “wonders” just why the GOP-e LOST in BOTH 2008 AND 2012. ShitHeads like Ricky are a good %age WHY!

30 posted on 4/30/2014 2:56:51 PM by US Navy Vet (Go Packers! Go Rockies! Go Boston Bruins! See, I'm "Diverse"!)
So much for 'family oriented' language :rolleyes:

quote:

Oh, you are sooooooo right Sanitarium...we should spend TRILLIONS a year instead of BILLIONS on worthless giveaways that NEVER get auditd and waste hundreds of millions in bureaucratic stupidity.

GFY Ricky boy.

32 posted on 4/30/2014 2:57:09 PM by Fledermaus (Conseravtives are all that's left to defend the Constitution. Dems hate it, and Repubs don't care.)

quote:

Another example of a religious conservative who is an economic socialist.

24 posted on 4/30/2014 2:52:29 PM by peyton randolph (Show me the man and I will find the crime. - Lavrenti Beria)

quote:

To: peyton randolph
Another example of a religious conservative who is an economic socialist.
Which means that he isn't a religious conservative, religious conservatives make up the foundation of economic conservatism and limited government, in America.

40 posted on 4/30/2014 3:02:02 PM by ansel12 ((Libertarianism offers the transitory concepts and dialogue to move from conservatism, to liberalism)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

quote:

Every time Republicans create jobs, they help the poor.

Every time Republicans try to keep the borders secure, they help the poor.

Those Republicans who think “America First” instead of supporting the multinational corporations that dominate the Chamber of Commerce and want cheap foreign labor, help the poor.

When Republicans replace welfare with workfare, it helps the poor.

When Republicans lower taxes, it helps the poor.

When Republicans stop subsidizing inflated industries, so that their prices are forced lower by market forces, it helps the poor.

When Republicans change tax policy to encourage investment in research and development and small business instead of gambling like investments, it helps the poor.

When Republicans oppose higher minimum wages, it means more money for most instead of some more money for some, and helps the poor.

When Republicans encourage the development of domestic energy production, it lowers the price of fuel, which benefits the poor mightily.

When Republicans create a strong military, they subsidize one of the best systems every created for raising the poor out of poverty.

46 posted on 4/30/2014 3:13:41 PM by yefragetuwrabrumuy (WoT News: Rantburg.com)
-----------------------
Minimum Wage Boost Blocked in Senate

quote:

To: SeekAndFind
2nd bit of Good News have read on this day. May the trend continue. Thanks, SeekAndFind.
3 posted on 4/30/2014 12:31:08 PM by no-to-illegals (Scrutinize our government and Secure the Blessing of Freedom and Justice)

quote:

When Reid sets up the repubicans like this....why don’t they just not vote...

Then all the stand alone dem no votes would show up...

The vote was to debate the bill on the floor...

Have a debate....

7 posted on 04/30/2014 10:33:57 AM PDT by Popman ("Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God" - Thomas Jefferson)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Popman
I think a walk out is long overdue. It’s time for a vote of no confidence in the government followed by an abandonment of this rigged system.

14 posted on 04/30/2014 10:41:11 AM PDT by demshateGod (The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

quote:

Coming to a TV/Radio commercial near you:

“it’s no surprise that those greedy Republicans would rather give the Koch brothers and their other billionaire buddies tax-breaks than mandate a decent wage for working families.”

Oh, and with regards to Obmacare and the stagnant economy: “RACISM!!!”

12 posted on 4/30/2014 12:39:14 PM by Junk Silver
Pretty sure that this was the exact plan

quote:

The Minimum Wage screws young black males worst.

Racist Dems.

40 posted on 4/30/2014 1:38:09 PM by Uncle Miltie (Mohammed was a Child Rapist and Islam is a Totalitarian Death Cult.)

quote:

The least skilled are already being pushed out of jobs requiring the least skills, due to the shortage of jobs available for people with greater skills. A minimum wage of $10.10 will only make that issue worse and push even more of the least skilled individuals OUT of “minimum wage” jobs, as employers will pick more people now already earning the $10.10 because their greater skills can obtain it anyway. Why hire someone with the least skill level for $10.10 when people with greater skills are and will be available at $10.10? They won’t. Thus, the ranks of the permanently unemployed will just expand.

44 posted on 4/30/2014 3:11:03 PM by Wuli
Yes, as an employer I would much rather hire a man with a PhD because he's smarter than a teenager. I can pay the bare minimum to the PhD employee and he totally won't leave the very first second they are able because I am an awesome employer who has crowds of the unemployed begging at my feet for a minimum wage job :smuggo:
-----------------------
Sen. Paul: ‘We’re Not Changing Any’ Abortion ‘Laws Until the Country is Persuaded Otherwise’

quote:

To: SoConPubbie
Rand Paul sucks more and more every time he opens his stupid mouth.

4 posted on 4/30/2014 11:20:48 AM by chris37 (Heartless.)

quote:

The country IS being persuaded.
Abortion laws are changing EVERYWHERE on the state level.

Abortion law is not really an issue at the Federal level because their IS not Federal Law authorizing abortion. Just an overreaching SCOUTS ruling declaring a “right “ to one.

11 posted on 4/30/2014 11:30:07 AM by Buckeye McFrog
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

I agree with the essential reality Paul expresses here, but he seems to be a little too anxious to reassure voters he's not a 'right wing wacko'.
Maybe he should spend a little more time assuring everyone he's no leftwing wacko.

After all, thats what we're being governed by today and how well is that working out for everyone.

15 posted on 4/30/2014 11:34:07 AM by skeeter

quote:

To: Jim from C-Town
The Supreme Court has its power only through convention and tradition. There’s nothing in the US Constitution that says they have final say on what the constitution means. Additionally, Congress and the president abide by the Supreme Court rulings mostly because they themselves love the federal power grab! Do you think the SCOTUS could truly stand down Congress and the president if the other two branches were adamantly opposed to a ruling? Probably not. The courts get away with all sorts of nonsense because it tends to take political heat off of the president and Congress!

So, what’s my point? Congress and the president, if they had the will, could easily reign in the courts. They do have impeachment and appointment power should they have the will to use it. They could simply refuse to follow the courts, because the courts have no enforcement power. The fact that they don’t simply adds more credence to my point that Congress and the president don’t act because they secretly like what the courts do!

I will grant that some politicians support Supreme Court rulings out of fear of the chaos that could ensue if the court was simply ignored. However, I really do believe most politicians secretly like courts to act as super legislators. I’d love to see evidence to the contrary and try to keep an open mind, but if politicians were truly opposed to all the anti-constitutional nonsense spewing from the courts, why isn’t there more outrage and condemnation of the courts from our political leaders?

43 posted on 4/30/2014 12:24:45 PM by CitizenUSA (We can't have an American people that violate the law and then just walk away from it!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]
Pretty sure it says exactly that in Article III, Section 2. God loving drat, it is literally right there in the loving Constitution!

quote:

To: CitizenUSA
They could simply refuse to follow the courts, because the courts have no enforcement power. The fact that they don’t simply adds more credence to my point that Congress and the president don’t act because they secretly like what the courts do!
Bingo! Been saying that for years. It is the very reason there is no appetite to defund ACA.

Every Republican hates the National Endowment for the Arts, yet it has survived several Republican majorities.

59 posted on 4/30/2014 3:26:39 PM by itsahoot (Voting for a Progressive RINO is the same as voting for any other Tyrant.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

These are people who think that Texas or Alaska seceding from the United States would somehow get to keep all that wonderful military equipment they're borrowing from Uncle Sam, so it's no surprise that they think they can function without the rest of the country.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Alter Ego posted:

Yeah, it's just another example of how Freep doesn't understand the cause-and-effect principle. Yes, in no way would obliterating the two largest economic centers in the country affect the "heartland"!

Well that's not what I mean. If you detonated two smaller EMPs over both coasts, all of the heartland would get fried by at least one of them, and some parts would get hit doubly. And if the strikes weren't done at the same time, additional things would be hit by the second EMP that would have been by happenstance shielded from the first EMP.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

CellBlock posted:

These are people who think that Texas or Alaska seceding from the United States would somehow get to keep all that wonderful military equipment they're borrowing from Uncle Sam, so it's no surprise that they think they can function without the rest of the country.

Well last time around the Secretary of War intentionally dispersed the regular army on the eve of secession and moved many arsenals as far south as he could so that the Confederates could more easily seize them. They probably figure something similar will happen with CWII.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Install Windows posted:

Well that's not what I mean. If you detonated two smaller EMPs over both coasts, all of the heartland would get fried by at least one of them, and some parts would get hit doubly. And if the strikes weren't done at the same time, additional things would be hit by the second EMP that would have been by happenstance shielded from the first EMP.
Presumably the idea is that the EMPs would be much lower to the ground, and therefore with less effect, other than, you know, crippling two major economic nuclei.

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

Finnankainen posted:

The Sacrilegious Sarah Palin
Torture is totally fine guys.

That part of training was called "resisting torture"

It's not even that bad, really. If you've ever sneezed, you've been through worse.

I really try not to get angry at the Freep thread, but I just want anyone who publicly argues that water boarding isn't torture to put themselves through it and see what they think. At least Hitchens and Mancow put their money where their mouth was and did it. And surprise, surprise, they came out of it with a different perspective. And that was in a controlled, non-threatening environment, not after having been abducted and taken halfway around the world.

It's just so blindered and ignorant and hateful that it gets a visceral reaction from me.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Alter Ego posted:

It would also leave hated Democrat stronghold Chicago the undisputed power center of the remainder of the nation, so...

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nessus posted:

Presumably the idea is that the EMPs would be much lower to the ground, and therefore with less effect, other than, you know, crippling two major economic nuclei.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and still placing the EMPs high enough to be able to do any damage at all to electronics int he areas they purportedly hate.

It's among many reasons that EMPs have never actually been deployed, effectiveness of them requires you to be willing to mess up a very large area in order to get any effects.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Finnankainen posted:

quote:

quote:
Waterboarding is NOT TORTURE!!!!

True. Next time you're in the shower, put the washcloth over your face and let the water hit it for a minute or two. You might come up sneezing, snorting and even coughing, but no permanent harm. It is not as bad as getting water up your nose at the beach.
66 posted on Wed Apr 30 11:38:19 2014 by The Sons of Liberty ("Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle?" - Patrick Henry, 1775)

Come over to my house and we'll see just how bad it is. :)

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
In case it's not clear by now, I think Lazmataz has some serious psychological issues and really needs to seek help.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

The Rokstar posted:

In case it's not clear by now, I think Lazmataz has some serious psychological issues and really needs to seek help.

This is true of pretty much every member of that festering shithole of a website. At the very least, we are looking at severe anger management issues for the vast majority of them, and some border on mild sociopathy.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Alter Ego posted:

Prism posted:

But you repeat yourself.

:golfclap:

kik2dagroin posted:

Federal Judge Strikes Down Wisconsin Voter ID Law
We should start refusing to show ID when boarding an airplane - claim we are too poor or ignorant. Works for voting it has to work for air travel, alcohol and tobacco purchases also.
85 posted on 4/29/2014 3:38:42 PM by Cheerio (Barry Hussein Soetoro-0bama=The Complete Destruction of American Capitalism)

I totally forgot about that part in the Constitution about boarding airplanes without burden. Silly me.

kik2dagroin posted:

I haven’t watched pro basketball in over 30 years because it is a racist institution. It is racist because they won’t facilitate the encouragement, support and enthusiasm for white players in their ranks. Further, their advertisers actively support this racism.

4 posted on 4/30/2014 11:08:43 AM by Gaffer (Comprehensive Immigration Reform is just another name for Comprehensive Capitulation)

Oh man, Gaffer is so close to getting it.

edit

Mercury_Storm posted:

I'm pretty sure they already declared Cruz a useless RINO a long time ago (along with everyone else).

Not our Sarah! :swoon:

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 1, 2014

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
We already know Freepers are cowards who, for all their calls for revolution, would never instigate/participate in one. I've seen people outside of Freep also advocate for CWII and armed rebellion against the federal government/anyone who disagrees with them politically and they keep saying "It's coming, it's coming", yet it never does. Obama only has a few more years left in office, guys! Better hurry up!

Also, I'm guessing in 20 years max, Freep will no long exist because its user base will have died off.

quote:

the reason Bin Laden was tracked down was through waterboarding.....

torture, where necessary, is not beneath myself nor to most here at FR.

torture is beneath John McCain, so I guess I know where and with whom you stand.

22 posted on Wed Apr 30 09:35:42 2014 by Vaquero (Don't pick a fight with an old guy. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.)

One of the few things John McCain is still right about when he opens his mouth is being against torture, because he actually was tortured. I'd take his opinion on the subject any day of the week than some shitstain's who has never been through it and yet is convinced that waterboarding isn't a big deal.

It's incredibly ironic that McCain's VP pick is so pro-waterboarding. Unleashing her upon the country was the worst mistake he's ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

quote:

The Supreme Court has its power only through convention and tradition. There’s nothing in the US Constitution that says they have final say on what the constitution means. Additionally, Congress and the president abide by the Supreme Court rulings mostly because they themselves love the federal power grab! Do you think the SCOTUS could truly stand down Congress and the president if the other two branches were adamantly opposed to a ruling? Probably not. The courts get away with all sorts of nonsense because it tends to take political heat off of the president and Congress!

So, what’s my point? Congress and the president, if they had the will, could easily reign in the courts. They do have impeachment and appointment power should they have the will to use it. They could simply refuse to follow the courts, because the courts have no enforcement power. The fact that they don’t simply adds more credence to my point that Congress and the president don’t act because they secretly like what the courts do!

I will grant that some politicians support Supreme Court rulings out of fear of the chaos that could ensue if the court was simply ignored. However, I really do believe most politicians secretly like courts to act as super legislators. I’d love to see evidence to the contrary and try to keep an open mind, but if politicians were truly opposed to all the anti-constitutional nonsense spewing from the courts, why isn’t there more outrage and condemnation of the courts from our political leaders?

43 posted on 4/30/2014 12:24:45 PM by CitizenUSA (We can't have an American people that violate the law and then just walk away from it!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

The Supreme Court has its power only through convention and tradition. There’s nothing in the US Constitution that says they have final say on what the constitution means.

quote:

The Supreme Court.... nothing in Constitution says they have the final say on what the Constitution means.

• Locked thread