Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

I asked previously but never got an answer. For the Revan figure on May 4th, is it an in-store only thing? Online only? Both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Catsworth posted:

I asked previously but never got an answer. For the Revan figure on May 4th, is it an in-store only thing? Online only? Both?

These things are usually both, but in store usually sells out pretty quickly.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

My wife is pretty amazing, she came to my office today with a handful of the Simpsons mini-figures today. Looks like I need to make a toy run later this everning to hunt down the entire series.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

I need all 3 of those if you want to do cash ($13? Shipped) or if you want any lego movie minifigs I have a bunch of extras.

Hey just wanted to let you know these shipped today via USPS priority mail, should have them Thursday.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

Ika posted:

Here in germany its on sale for 170 instead of 200. So still 240$ or so :(

Same in UK

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Welp, bought another bunch of things from the Lego store. That Revan figure was just too tempting. More robots and spaceships for the pile.

It'd be great if that Cusoo thing ended up doing FTL stuff at some point. There's some cool aliens and robots and spaceships in that that would be great in Lego form.

Oh, and it would be awesome to win that prize. All the huge-rear end Star Wars sets as far as I can tell.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

McDragon posted:

Welp, bought another bunch of things from the Lego store. That Revan figure was just too tempting. More robots and spaceships for the pile.

It'd be great if that Cusoo thing ended up doing FTL stuff at some point. There's some cool aliens and robots and spaceships in that that would be great in Lego form.

Oh, and it would be awesome to win that prize. All the huge-rear end Star Wars sets as far as I can tell.

Revan isn't available yet, just wanted to warn you before your package arrives

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
^^^ah

Wait what? Revan is out? Or is this in Not-USA land? Wanted to get him/her this weekend with Sandcrawler.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I'm pretty sure it's available for non-US right now. Their Star Wars sale is earlier than ours.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Probably to take advantage of their communist holiday that we celebrate later in the year to avoid the taint of communism.

Labor Day! :argh:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh shoot, yeah, I'm in the UK, guess the offer started a little bit earlier over here. It's on my order confirmation thingy at least. Sorry if I confused anyone there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

McDragon posted:

FTL already got the required 10k for CUUSOO review and failed it, they considered it "too niche".

Now that FTL's sold like ten billion copies, I wonder if they'd reconsider.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Went 16/16 on the Simpsons mini figures today, managed to find a unmolested box and scored all of them. This set is fairly easy to find all the mini figs for too, Ralph and Milhouse are the only ones that don't stand out right away. Seems like Lisa is fairly common in the set and Mr. Burns seems to be fairly rare, only came across one of him in my search and the last drat one in the box was a Mr. Burns.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Went to my local target and walmart tonight, still no Simpsons. Are they going to be online any time soon?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Went to my local target and walmart tonight, still no Simpsons. Are they going to be online any time soon?

Tomorrow.

Red_Chief
Nov 2, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Same for me....may have to just go directly to the source (ie - Lego Store).

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

FTL already got the required 10k for CUUSOO review and failed it, they considered it "too niche".

Now that FTL's sold like ten billion copies, I wonder if they'd reconsider.

How many copies did it sell to LEGO's stated target demographic, kids?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Chairchucker posted:

How many copies did it sell to LEGO's stated target demographic, kids?
I really don't see how my post warranted a lovely ~CHILDREN'S TOYS~ reply like that.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

I really don't see how my post warranted a lovely ~CHILDREN'S TOYS~ reply like that.

LEGO has previously specifically denied CUUSOO applications on the basis that they need to be able to market them to children. I am not having a crack at them being FOR KIDS, YOU ARE PLAYING WITH KID'S TOYS YOU KIDS, because personally I think LEGO owns and everyone should like it regardless of age, I am saying that the LEGO company wants to target them to kids, so they are less likely to approve applications that have less appeal to kids.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Chairchucker posted:

I am saying that the LEGO company wants to target them to kids, so they are less likely to approve applications that have less appeal to kids.

Remember, one of the Cuusoo sets is based on a 30 year old movie, and another is based on a 25 year old trilogy, neither of which really have much appeal to modern kids.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
This is happening in Camden right now:

Not Lego but still awesome

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Plastik posted:

Remember, one of the Cuusoo sets is based on a 30 year old movie, and another is based on a 25 year old trilogy, neither of which really have much appeal to modern kids.

Did you really just say kids today do not like Star Wars?

Not Wolverine fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 30, 2014

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Crotch Fruit posted:

Did you reaply just say kids today do not like Star Wars?

He's talking about Back to the Future and Ghostbusters

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Plastik posted:

Yeah, this. FTL I think would make for a good one-off spaceship set. Maybe not even include any crew, just the ship. Many of the ships are very well-designed, the Kestrel is fairly generic but then you've got the Federation Cruiser, Rock Cruiser, Slug Cruiser, Zoltan Cruiser, Stealth Cruiser, and others. The new Lanius Cruiser looks pretty awesome too, though it might be too bladed to make into a decent set.

But enough about that. I want this as an official set. :v:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Chairchucker posted:

LEGO has previously specifically denied CUUSOO applications on the basis that they need to be able to market them to children. I am not having a crack at them being FOR KIDS, YOU ARE PLAYING WITH KID'S TOYS YOU KIDS, because personally I think LEGO owns and everyone should like it regardless of age, I am saying that the LEGO company wants to target them to kids, so they are less likely to approve applications that have less appeal to kids.

I dunno, my 9 year old played the hell out of FTL. He doesn't care at all about Star Wars though :v:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
They didn't give the specific reason FTL got denied either, right? It could be anything. FTL's creators might already have a toy deal with another company, they might not want a toy deal, they might want an insane amount of money in order to sign off. Lego might also just not want another starship product when they have their own space brand and Star Wars.

FTL's popularity or lack there of might not have been a huge factor.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Ville Valo posted:

They didn't give the specific reason FTL got denied either, right? It could be anything. FTL's creators might already have a toy deal with another company, they might not want a toy deal, they might want an insane amount of money in order to sign off. Lego might also just not want another starship product when they have their own space brand and Star Wars.

FTL's popularity or lack there of might not have been a huge factor.

I remember the FTL blog linking to the Cuusoo project - so I'm pretty sure the creators were on-board with it

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They should do a general microscale spaceship line, like the very low end Creator sets that just came out (31015 and similar). They could throw some of the FTL ships in that.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I remember the FTL blog linking to the Cuusoo project - so I'm pretty sure the creators were on-board with it

Sadly that's rarely enough to make a deal happen. I've had licensed projects go all the way through initial development, with both parties totally excited, only to crash and burn the instant the lawyers are involved in contract negotiations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

loving lawyers man. Never let anyone have any fun.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

I need all 3 of those if you want to do cash ($13? Shipped) or if you want any lego movie minifigs I have a bunch of extras.

So, what movie minifigs do you have extras of? I need

Calaminty Drone
Shakespeare
Mrs. Scratchen-Post
Marsha

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah, this. FTL I think would make for a good one-off spaceship set. Maybe not even include any crew, just the ship. Many of the ships are very well-designed, the Kestrel is fairly generic but then you've got the Federation Cruiser, Rock Cruiser, Slug Cruiser, Zoltan Cruiser, Stealth Cruiser, and others. The new Lanius Cruiser looks pretty awesome too, though it might be too bladed to make into a decent set.

But enough about that. I want this as an official set. :v:

I love that, great game from back in the day and awesome little model.

fygar
Nov 24, 2004
glorp
I went to a Target near my workplace last week. They had the new Simpsons minifigs in a cardboard display on an endcap. They must have just put them out, because it looked untouched. I bought a couple of bags (Flanders and Scratchy). Anyway, I was there today and decided to check the display. It was cleaned out except for one bag. Is this how it's going to be? I wasn't planning on getting the whole series, but I hope I'll at least be able to get the ones that I want.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I've bought several at a couple targets this week and there have been a good amount. Seems less crazy than the movie series around here.

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible

Dogen posted:

I've bought several at a couple targets this week and there have been a good amount. Seems less crazy than the movie series around here.

i tend to be unlucky, every time i get to the store they are all out...

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I walked past a brand new box at a Walgreens last week, and then today I saw what I assume was the same box and only a few were missing. I guess what I'm saying is try drug stores. Ymmv.

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot
Sold 20lbs of classic legos for 120$. Motherfuckers nickel and dimed me son. Deal of the loving century should have been 200 at least.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

yourafagpleasedie posted:

Sold 20lbs of classic legos for 120$. Motherfuckers nickel and dimed me son. Deal of the loving century should have been 200 at least.

Why let yourself be dealt so low then? 'No' is perfectly acceptable in negotiations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sometimes people are desperate for money? I'm guessing someone with the poor judgement to pick a username like that probably has poor judgement in other departments as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
What time tomorrow does the US sale start?