Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sorry to nitpick but after reading the article that's not so much a rumor as is "Artie announced on his show it's been cancelled and this is their final broadcast", which is pretty definite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

euphronius posted:

Just listened to the Scott Push Up Challenge . Holy poo poo I thought Scott was going to die when he blew up at Howard.

Yeah I was amazed he didn't just stroke out right there. Also, I love how ridiculously hard he trained and how he was getting all psyched up right before the push-ups. Like he was about to go into a UFC fight or join the Army or some poo poo.

And he still couldn't do one single proper push-up :lol:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

beep by grandpa posted:

Sorry to nitpick but after reading the article that's not so much a rumor as is "Artie announced on his show it's been cancelled and this is their final broadcast", which is pretty definite.

He posted his farewell on facebook too, thanking everyone for enjoying the show and letting him do it this long

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Six months left before the next suicide attempt.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Anyone else remember when Howard and Robin came down on John and Jackie, when it came out that Jackie was having John bug guests to autograph a piece of paper with Jackie's jokes from the show that day. I seem to remember it being uncomfortable in a good way, like the most intense scenes in Borat or Ali G.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Finndo posted:

Anyone else remember when Howard and Robin came down on John and Jackie, when it came out that Jackie was having John bug guests to autograph a piece of paper with Jackie's jokes from the show that day. I seem to remember it being uncomfortable in a good way, like the most intense scenes in Borat or Ali G.

It was actually Grillo that Jackie conned into doing that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJQRCVB06yk

He even made the guests write something funny on the stupid scraps of paper.

And of course, Baba Booey gets his fair share of criticism because he knew about this and didn't think to say anything.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 30, 2014

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I was listening to an old JD Harmeyer compilation, and early on in his employment Howard actually referenced a 1% raise for him equating out to exactly an $0.15 an hour raise. This was when he was 23 so like 2004 or so. Someone who can math should figure out how much he makes (made) yearly from this information.

Other interesting nugget: The D stands for Daniels, because his bumpkin dad tried to name him Jack Daniels until his mother turned it into Jamie. I had never known that one.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

I was listening to an old JD Harmeyer compilation, and early on in his employment Howard actually referenced a 1% raise for him equating out to exactly an $0.15 an hour raise. This was when he was 23 so like 2004 or so. Someone who can math should figure out how much he makes (made) yearly

30k based on 2000 hours? Seems high. I feel like they mentioned kc making $19k at one point. That was at krock

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Here is why I am 100% positive that Howard is lying about his staff being Sirius employees.

During the time they discussed JD's raise on air (and everyone's reviews and the process for the entire staff) the rest of Sirius was told they were not receiving raises. When *everyone* threw a fit and referenced Howard's on air discussion about giving his staff raises, employees were told Howard's staff was paid by Howard and they weren't actually paid/employed by Sirius and were thus not impacted by the salary freezes.

I mentioned this way back when this happened - my very good friend was working at Sirius at the time on another channel.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

Haven't seen this in a long time. Howard's keen ear strikes again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-ExhHPJ0I

Remember when Howard thought Enuff Z'nuff were the next Bon Jovi?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNYwjRkSids

My god, this is what I'm doing today. And it's only part 1!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am pretty sure that first sirius contract for Howard he was just given a lump sum and told to pay himself and produce a show on it. I don't remember clearly.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Man, Gary can't take a joke. :(

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Listening to yesterday's show...when does the Billy Joel rimjob end?

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

can someone tell me the origin of 'you ain't no condoleezza' ? I can't find anything with google

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

parthenocarpy posted:

can someone tell me the origin of 'you ain't no condoleezza' ? I can't find anything with google

I think it's the same Pastor Manning guy they've had on before ('long legged mack daddy' guy).

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
It's from this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBXVgyPeVzs

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

thank you so much and here i thought it was a cosby quote

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

quote:

Nick DiPaolo
2 hrs ·
The Nick DiPaolo and Artie Lange reunion podcast is up NOW https://www.riotcast.com & https://www.nickdip.com via The RiotCast Network

Hmmm. I think I'll give it a listen because even though DiPaolo's political opinions are garbage, I think those two had such great chemistry when it came to just bullshitting.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Hmmm. I think I'll give it a listen because even though DiPaolo's political opinions are garbage, I think those two had such great chemistry when it came to just bullshitting.

Yeah, Nick and Artie together were great, it was all the other worthless people around them like Dan, the twins, and the lovely bands which drug the show down.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Vakal posted:

Yeah, Nick and Artie together were great, it was all the other worthless people around them like Dan, the twins, and the lovely bands which drug the show down.

I think it was the restrictive nature of the show as imposed by management, like hard breaks for commercials and keeping the show "on topic". Nick was always the one having to stop Artie when he got off-topic (and, I think as Artie would defend it, funny) and go to commercial or start a segment that they had to do, and you could tell he got really frustrated by it.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

So ETM was on "Legit" last night and he played the proprietor of a cock fighting ring. Then in the credits it said "eric s lynch - himself". Hah.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Even under the guise of him being a possible figment of a cracked out drunk on a binder, he still looked like a bad actor who couldn't deliver his lines. I'd love to see the 8 hour blooper reel on that one of people pleading with Eric to get the lines right and Eric shutting down production every few seconds.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
It was really cool to hear Howard play some of the audio of Shecky Green on Ron and Fez. Did anyone let Howard know that the day after that Ron had Gilbert on the phone for like 10 minutes responding to Shecky? Gilbert was loving hilarious, and I was disappointed that Howard didn't seem to be aware of it.Unless he did and I missed it.

Also, the David Spade interview from earlier this week was awesome.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Even under the guise of him being a possible figment of a cracked out drunk on a binder, he still looked like a bad actor who couldn't deliver his lines. I'd love to see the 8 hour blooper reel on that one of people pleading with Eric to get the lines right and Eric shutting down production every few seconds.

Hey, Eric don't act unless Eric gets his Pepsi.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

UncleMonkey posted:

It was really cool to hear Howard play some of the audio of Shecky Green on Ron and Fez. Did anyone let Howard know that the day after that Ron had Gilbert on the phone for like 10 minutes responding to Shecky? Gilbert was loving hilarious, and I was disappointed that Howard didn't seem to be aware of it.Unless he did and I missed it.

Also, the David Spade interview from earlier this week was awesome.

The interviews lately have been actually pretty solid.

Which I'm sure means we're due for a Lisa Lampanelli appearance...

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Vakal posted:

The interviews lately have been actually pretty solid.

Which I'm sure means we're due for a Lisa Lampanelli appearance...

She just announced she's getting a divorce, so you're probably right.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

crap don't let the bunnies out

DON'T let the bunnIES Out

crap don't LET th- the bun...

DON'T...crap let

don't let the bunnies Ou...

don-...don'T LET the bun crap

I'M CLUB FUCKIN FOOTED

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

They couldn't even get a take where he didn't look directly at the camera.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

GenoCanSing posted:

So ETM was on "Legit" last night and he played the proprietor of a cock fighting ring. Then in the credits it said "eric s lynch - himself". Hah.

I can't wait until he complains about being credited as himself. In Eric's logic, people will now believe he does cockfighting in real life.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Former Human posted:

I can't wait until he complains about being credited as himself. In Eric's logic, people will now believe he does cockfighting in real life.

I...do...not...fight animals...you dumbfuck. :mad:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I'm watching the Kentucky Derby and thought "We Miss Artie" was a Stern reference - that would have been amazing.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

an adult beverage posted:

I'm watching the Kentucky Derby and thought "We Miss Artie" was a Stern reference - that would have been amazing.

I saw that and thought the same thing. What is it a reference to?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Bung Harmer posted:

I saw that and thought the same thing. What is it a reference to?

I had to look it up, but it looks like a dead relative of the owner:

Article

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

an adult beverage posted:

I had to look it up, but it looks like a dead relative of the owner:

Article

Artie quoted it on his facebook, so at least he knows about it

Cadence
Dec 31, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

Artie quoted it on his facebook, so at least he knows about it isn't dead

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm reading through Miss America for the first time. It's not bad in parts, but a lot of it makes me glad that Howard was on terrestrial when he was at his wildest. It seems like every few pages Howard is talking about having his dick sucked, the ways he likes to come, the act of sucking on tits, feeling tight pussy, etc; all the sex talk comes across as extremely forced and unfunny. Maybe at the time it was funny because it was so outrageous but now it reads like boring erotic fiction.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Louis, Robin, and Howard busting up over the cottage cheese bit was amazing.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Been listening through the 20+ hour Get John's Job pack. So far the only people who truly bombed were Chauncey. The strongest was Sal which I guess shouldn't be too surprising, but I didn't expect him to bring it that hard. I'm on Yucko and even he does a decent job. I have never really heard Cabbie before and he sounds like a giant sack of poo poo so I'm glad this is all I have to hear from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Did anyone else catch Howard chiding Louis CK about how important it is to leave your house?? Going on and on about how "You need to go out and mingle and be with the people!" I couldn't believe my ears.