Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Azhais posted:

Anywhere? See Ponder, Christian.

See QBs, Browns, and Gordon, Josh and rethink that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
From a Lions perspective, this draft is going to be really interesting. It is going to be really interesting to see how the first 9 picks go. If there is a run on the non-QB skill positions, it will put them in a bad position (ie reach for a DB or LB). However, if you see a run on tackles and QBs there is bound to be an excellent marriage of talent and need. It would be fantastic if Watkins fell to 6 and Detroit were able to maneuver up there. I will be holding my breath.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dattserberg posted:

From a Lions perspective, this draft is going to be really interesting. It is going to be really interesting to see how the first 9 picks go. If there is a run on the non-QB skill positions, it will put them in a bad position (ie reach for a DB or LB). However, if you see a run on tackles and QBs there is bound to be an excellent marriage of talent and need. It would be fantastic if Watkins fell to 6 and Detroit were able to maneuver up there. I will be holding my breath.

Assuming you take Watkins I am more excited for the Lions season than any other team in the league. That offense has the potential to be absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see how it blows up. :allears:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Yeah, the draft is for sure going to be the most interesting thing about the Lions' year.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Dattserberg posted:

Keep holding your breath so you just pass out when the Lions select a defensive tackle.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Keep holding your breath so you just pass out when the Lions select a defensive tackle.

aaron donald is sick as hell

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I hadn't seen many Vikings games. Is there a play, series of plays, or particular game that summarizes Christian Ponder pretty well?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Roasted Donut posted:

aaron donald is sick as hell

He's not going to be better than Nick Fairley tho

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Who has the Gendo annotated gifs?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

pillsburysoldier posted:

I hadn't seen many Vikings games. Is there a play, series of plays, or particular game that summarizes Christian Ponder pretty well?

or

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

pillsburysoldier posted:

See any of the Gendo gifs for that. There was also a great play last year where Ponder "aired it out" on a Hail Mary with everyone in the endzone and the ball landed at about the 10. There may be a gif of that floating around as well.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I dunno. maybe not. i feel partially biased by watching a bunch of lovely pitt games this year and he was the closest thing to Suh in college since Suh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pillsburysoldier posted:

The end of the Dallas game.

Also the song I wrote in the Farthouse is a pretty good summation of his career in general.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

Who has the Gendo annotated gifs?

yo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG6dfeYSrXM

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Maybe but he was the college defensive player of the year and didn't even play in the SEC

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Roasted Donut posted:

I dunno. maybe not. i feel partially biased by watching a bunch of lovely pitt games this year and he was the closest thing to Suh in college since Suh

You may be biased but you're also right. Aaron Donald would be the number one pick if he were 6'5. He has a good rip that he uses all the time, disengages from his blockers extremely well in the run game, has enough know how to play literally any spot on the line providing unreal play versatility, and coupled with all that technique is the strength to knock guys 50 pounds heavier than he is directly on their asses.

The man is beautiful and you should all covet him with wicked, greedy hearts.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You may be biased but you're also right. Aaron Donald would be the number one pick if he were 6'5. He has a good rip that he uses all the time, disengages from his blockers extremely well in the run game, has enough know how to play literally any spot on the line providing unreal play versatility, and coupled with all that technique is the strength to knock guys 50 pounds heavier than he is directly on their asses.

I miss the time when he was expected to go at the end of the first round, early second round :sigh:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He's a goddamn cannonball. I love Donald. Even if he doesn't do it consistently enough to warrant where he gets drafted, when he does make plays, they're going to own.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Even his inconsistency is more an issue of effort which could be rectified at the next level or even an aspect of being a college player who wants to go to the NFL. He could also just be lazy and not give a poo poo but the idea of him not manifesting all that talent in the NFL is too depressing to think about. Excepting of course for when the Steelers draft him.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm referring to him likely being inconsistent against NFL guards due to his size. It's gonna be a tall order for him to be a threat every down. He may struggle to get past them after he's gotten some time in the league and OC's understand exactly what he brings to the table, but there'll probably be some pretty incredible highlights of him blowing up a backfield either way.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Yeah, the draft is for sure going to be the most interesting thing about the Lions' year.

I assure you, that's the case every year.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm scared he won't drop to 14 now. If the Bears wanted to trade up with the Titans or somebody just to make sure they got him, that'd be cool by me.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I remember back when right after the combine I was scared he wouldn't drop to 16 :allears:

That said I wouldn't want to trade up for him (or anyone really), too many holes to fill

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah but I'm just talking about the top of the draft, not the whole thing. Like top ten, top 20, that sort of thing. Martin wouldn't be in that. It would be interesting to see the hit/miss percentages by position for that range over the past ten or so years.
Just to finally lock myself into doing something like this: I'll take a look at this based on those pro-football-reference.com "career approximate value" numbers and post the results (tonight or, if it's harder than I think it will be, tomorrow night). The CAV numbers aren't perfect but they're better than anything else that I've seen.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 30, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Man, the Lions are going to be so loving good after the draft.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Man, the Lions are going to be so loving good after the draft.

This guy, he's hilarious!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Barnwell tries to gauge the pre-draft value of each team's picks according to Chase Stuart's Approximate Value metric.

http://grantland.com/features/the-nfl-draft-which-team-has-it-best/

Browns, Rams, and Texans have the highest total value of draft ammo; Colts, Chiefs, and Seahawks have the least.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

God drat can it be the draft already

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
No poo poo. What a stupid change. I'm losing interest already

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Just be glad it's almost here...thank loving God this is way too long of a wait.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I put it out of my mind a few weeks ago and only really looked at pro day results. It's nice to not have to care about all the bullshit smoke screens and what not.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Doltos posted:

I put it out of my mind a few weeks ago and only really looked at pro day results. It's nice to not have to care about all the bullshit smoke screens and what not.

I've been doing the same thing. I'm only now getting back into it. Just DVRed a bunch of Gruden's QB camps, and I'll spend the next week watching those.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Sataere posted:

I've been doing the same thing. I'm only now getting back into it. Just DVRed a bunch of Gruden's QB camps, and I'll spend the next week watching those.

I unashamedly love QB camps. He really smacked Manziel's nose with a newspaper at the end, it was great.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rotoworld posted:

The Newark Star-Ledger reports that the Giants aren't "aren't especially high" on UNC TE Eric Ebron.
"Everything I've heard in recent months and weeks," wrote beat writer Jordan Raanan, "indicates" that New York "won't draft [Ebron] at No. 12." Ebron has been an extremely popular mock draft selection to the Giants, but Raanan doesn't see it. "I'm a big fan of dynamic tight ends who can leap over defenders and high-point the ball," he wrote. "But the Giants apparently don't see that from Ebron. They're not overly impressed with his skills and overall package."

:woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

woooo, unless it's all a smokescreen

Now I'm really curious what we do.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

woooo, unless it's all a smokescreen

Now I'm really curious what we do.

I heard Mike Evans/D-line. I'd rather we just BPA regardless.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

All the smoke signals have Mike Evans firmly in the top 10 with the Bucs being a very likely landing spot if they don't go QB.

There should be a draft prediction thread because I'd bet everything the Jets are taking CB in the first and they'd probably run to podium if either Dennard or Gilbert are there.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I still don't get the hype with Eric Ebron. Then again...I'm not particularly fond of any of the tight ends in this draft so maybe it's just the least lovely of the bunch being propped up.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kirios posted:

I still don't get the hype with Eric Ebron. Then again...I'm not particularly fond of any of the tight ends in this draft so maybe it's just the least lovely of the bunch being propped up.

I don't get it either. Amaro does everything you want Ebron to do but with better hands. If you want a true athletic freak, you take Logan Thomas or ASJ. If you want a mauler who runs like Gronk, you take Niklas. None of those guys are first round picks in my eyes either, so I'm not sure where Ebron should slot in. My bias I get with prospects says he's a third rounder, but I guess more sane people slot him between 15-38.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kirios posted:

What do you look at in terms of draft info? Nfl network stuff or draft blogs YouTube videos?

I think that's what decides an opinion of Ebron becUse the talking head shows love him

• Locked thread