Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

soggybagel posted:

She just got cast in the new Jurassic Park. Her career is blowing up.
Seeing her, Chris Pratt and Judy Greer in a JP sequel is gonna be super weird.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

VagueRant posted:

Although PFT managed to eventually exhaust her, their improv in the last section blew my mind. I can't even think that fast in a normal conversation. (That was all improv'd, right? I just don't comprehend how they do it.)

I'm still amazed at that section, especially since they'd been going for close to two hours straight at that point. Easily one of the best CBB segments I can remember. Amazing episode, Lapkus killed it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

VagueRant posted:

Rearden is usually so positive compared to most of Scott's guests and I was genuinely bummed out by her negativity with Wompler and her unusual amount of sexual aggression. :smith:

Hahaha, what the hell.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Mr. Squishy posted:

Hahaha, what the hell.

You gotta love the emotional investment there!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hey! I made a thread, and stupid fan art, for Jess and Lenn's show - Playing House. Let's hope it doesn't fade into obscurity!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Hey! I made a thread, and stupid fan art, for Jess and Lenn's show - Playing House. Let's hope it doesn't fade into obscurity!

it wouldn't be the first time something you made faded into obscurity :v:

(you're pHo right?)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

;)

Man I wrote about 10,000 lines of code for that site...

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

EL BROMANCE posted:

Two lesbians raising a baby? sounds interesting

The 5th anniversary ep was great. My only thought is that the silliness seemed almost furious.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

;)

Man I wrote about 10,000 lines of code for that site...

GOON PROJECTS

To be fair it was pretty cool while it was running. It's just hard to sustain those kinds of things if you're not getting paid for it, goon or no goon.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Punch Card posted:

You gotta love the emotional investment there!

Folks! You gotta laugh...

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

LoboLoboLobo posted:

Folks! You gotta laugh...

Heyyyyy Kiddo

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Conduit for Sale! posted:

GOON PROJECTS

To be fair it was pretty cool while it was running. It's just hard to sustain those kinds of things if you're not getting paid for it, goon or no goon.

What's the goon project you're talking about?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I built a TV review site for people in TV IV to allocate themselves shows, write up their feelings on shows and then a daily editor would go through and publish all the ready ones and build up a front page for it. It worked pretty good (a few bugs obviously), but we went from about 90 people writing to everyone pretty much being too busy etc at the same time and it just didn't see worthwhile continuing. Had all crazy integration with TVRage or whatever so all the listings were available automatically and stuff, easily the most ambitious thing I'd built from scratch... pity it couldn't last!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Jesse Ventura 2016?

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/06780a44cf/jesse-ventura-running-in-2016

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
So...? Is he running then?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Where did this come from and can I get a poster?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Did I miss the Lapkus-in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlGNm7_dvz4

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

Where did this come from and can I get a poster?
Saw it on the CBB twitter, I guess this guy made it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

More like Lap-kissin!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GobiasIndustries posted:

More like Lap-kissin!

I definitely was not anticipating that much Lapkus tongue action in a TMBG video.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 1, 2014

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Does this video finally put to rest the question of whether they are or are not giants?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

They can do wonders with forced perspective and CGI these days.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I feel like The Calvins Twins episode is going to be forgotten in the Best Of episodes. It's May, time to start prognosticating.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

I feel like The Calvins Twins episode is going to be forgotten in the Best Of episodes. It's May, time to start prognosticating.

FOLKS!

YOU GOTTA LAUGH!

Anyway, here's two horses punching each other to death!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

FOLKS!

YOU GOTTA LAUGH!

Anyway, here's two horses punching each other to death!

Horses are very strong creatures, these horse fights don't last too long.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
So did anyone watch Wompler and Listler in Playing House? Their last show Best Friends Forever was about a solid B+ for me, but not really sure if I want to get vested in another show that could be canceled after one season.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Pilot showed potential but wasn't packed with jokes. I can't imagine it will be as good as BFFs but a couple lady friends of mine really liked the first two eps.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Don't know how to say it without sounding like an smug comedy jerk but w/e: It was pretty fun, but felt aimed at a more broad audience. I'll give it another couple of episodes though, all the cast are hilarious in their own right and it's hard to judge a show on early material.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

The show is very much elevated by the natural dynamic of St Clair and Parham. It's not trying to be a groundbreaking comedy for the ages but so far the show is good as what it sets out to do. Of course this is only based on the first two episodes so take that for what you will.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Zsinjeh posted:

Don't know how to say it without sounding like an smug comedy jerk but w/e: It was pretty fun, but felt aimed at a more broad audience. I'll give it another couple of episodes though, all the cast are hilarious in their own right and it's hard to judge a show on early material.

I had the same reaction, but I am a smug comedy jerk.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
So far, the best shows I got turned onto by good CBB appearances from the casts have been The Birthday Boys, Happy Endings, and Nathan For You.

edit: and Kroll Show and Review with Forrest MacNeil, of course.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh poo poo. A Thrilling Adventure Hour crossover. Oh poo poo.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Oh poo poo. A Thrilling Adventure Hour crossover. Oh poo poo.

HOLY poo poo

Edit: Words can't describe how my heart soared the first time I heard Croach.

Edit: Riddler!

Punch Card fucked around with this message at 10:56 on May 5, 2014

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I guess today the role of "Funny" on Comedy Bang! Bang! will be played by "Quaint but not actually that Funny".

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I feel bad that the poster designated Beeez is disappointed by this episode.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I'm actually just breaking bawls. I've rarely laughed out loud at anything I've heard from Thrilling Adventure Hour, but I see the appeal to some extent.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I concur with forums poster Beeez. I know I'm supposed to like Thrilling Adventure Hour and I sure like the concept but I've never been able to get any serious guffaws out of it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yeah, it's not that great an episode. It's also non-canonical, so why did they even bother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
It was pretty uneven but enjoyable, but I definitely cracked up during the whole Riddler song deal, particularly because of how amused they all were by it.