Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Stay near his left foot, towards his back side. Don't get directly behind him though. Also be careful about getting pinned towards the side of the arena. If that happens, back off and dodge the jump slam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Yodzilla posted:

What does he do? It took me three tries but I kinda beat the hell out of him once I realized his patterns.

He vomits out a huge amount of toxic ooze which covers a massive radius. It does a ton of damage and corrodes your gear.

Also apparently you can't power stance with a caeustus and hook. This upsets me greatly.

EDIT: If I use an asetic in my world to get another hook, will that have any impact on my ability to do coop in Earthen Peak?

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 30, 2014

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Alt+f4'd after a duel because I'm a big baby, and now trying to load the game on that character promptly results in a crash to desktop after the loading screen. A character with 60 hours on it gone right there. Is there any way to fix this?

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

He vomits out a huge amount of toxic ooze which covers a massive radius. It does a ton of damage and corrodes your gear.

Also apparently you can't power stance with a caeustus and hook. This upsets me greatly.

What about a scimitar and hook? :haw:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Has there been just a generic AA injector developed for DS2 yet? I don't want any of the ENB/SweetFX lighting changes, I just want non-blurry AA like DSfix had.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

Bloodmobile posted:

Alt+f4'd after a duel because I'm a big baby, and now trying to load the game on that character promptly results in a crash to desktop after the loading screen. A character with 60 hours on it gone right there. Is there any way to fix this?

Some others on the reddit have been claiming to have the same issues after ragequitting. A few people have also managed to recover using the auto-save backup tool.

But no, you just corrupted your save. Unless you are extremely lucky you're hosed. Don't do that.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Has there been just a generic AA injector developed for DS2 yet? I don't want any of the ENB/SweetFX lighting changes, I just want non-blurry AA like DSfix had.

Gedosato should do this (I think?), if you're not worried about VAC.

Bloodmobile posted:

There's a reason every game from the past 10 years repeatedly tells you not to turn off your PC/console while it's saving.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Bloodmobile posted:

Don't be a bitch, problem solved

Gunder
May 22, 2003

What do you do with old weapons and equipment? Do you just leave it on the floor somewhere? I can't find anyone to sell stuff to.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Only one I've seen is also made by Durante, but it does more than just AA. However you can turn everything else off. http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=gedosato

Gunder posted:

What do you do with old weapons and equipment? Do you just leave it on the floor somewhere? I can't find anyone to sell stuff to.

Gavlan Wheel? Gavlan Deal! How far into the game are you?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Arthil posted:

Gavlan Wheel? Gavlan Deal! How far into the game are you?
Few hours. I guess I haven't unlocked the right vendor yet?

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

You can also store it in the box at any bonfire.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Do it the :darksouls: way and turn on SSAA in your video card drivers.

That does look loads better than the FXAA that the game uses, although I did notice some render errors.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dezztroy posted:

Gedosato should do this (I think?), if you're not worried about VAC.

Arthil posted:

Only one I've seen is also made by Durante, but it does more than just AA. However you can turn everything else off. http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=gedosato

Oh, right, I didn't know GeDoSaTo did AA injection. Thanks. :downs:

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

Working as intended.

QuantumButler
Feb 23, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Oh, right, I didn't know GeDoSaTo did AA injection. Thanks. :downs:

It also has some sweetfx style shaders, but Durante actually has some idea of how to make them look good, so they're much better than most overdone packs, but you can easily disable shaders in the .ini if you don't want them.

Do note there is some small risk using GeDeSaTo due to DS2 being VAC enabled, no one knows 100% for sure if it will result in VAC bans yet or not, since VAC bans are typically delayed, most likely it will be fine but use it with caution.

I'm going to go ahead and keep using it, if I do get a VAC ban I'll let the thread know.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
I most just alt-tab when I ragequit. But when I alt-f4 it's a delay between after I click before it closes, I think it's saving then.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I stumbled upon a merchant in Iron Keep, and needless to say I had to splurge on some of the stuff he had.

HELLOO! :haw:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I have a mace +9 and two slabs and am doing a Strength build. Should I: a) take it to +10; and b) infuse it at McDuff's (and if so, what element)? I'm worried that split resistances and the decreased scaling are going to result in it being worse if I infuse it.

Yes and no, respectively. The mace is one of the best weapons in the game, and slabs aren't quite as rare as they were in DS1, so if you like the moveset then take it to +10. Infusions scale based on Int and/or Faith now, so if you aren't one of those builds then go non-infused all the way.

Piell fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 30, 2014

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
What's the best way to get to the other side of the gate near Duffy's fire in Lost Bastille that doesn't involve going to No Man's Wharf?

quote:

Yes and no, respectively. Infusions scale based on Int and/or Faith now, so if you aren't one of those builds then go non-infused all the way.

What about bleed infused weapons? I thought they would be good for Dex guys.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

im getting my rear end kicked by the king with four giant souls and that makes me an idiot and i hate myself, that is all

SGCS.

Standard Giant Circumcision Stance.

In his case, stay behind his left leg and you should be fine.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Bleed is not nearly as good as it was in DS1. That said, you can give it a try yourself - if you don't like it, you can just use a palestone to remove the bleed effect and be back to a regular +10 without losing anything (other than the bleed stone and palestone, of course).

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

What's the best way to get to the other side of the gate near Duffy's fire in Lost Bastille that doesn't involve going to No Man's Wharf?

e: nevermind

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Lemon Curdistan posted:

If you have an nVidia GPU, follow the instructions here to turn it on via driver profiles. Something that guide doesn't mention is that it only works at 16:9 resolutions, however.

If you have an AMD card, downsampling with GeDoSaTo is your only real option currently.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Party Alarm posted:

What about a scimitar and hook? :haw:

Seriously I need to know this :stare:

Dual Work Hook Captain Hook will work out the same though, what's some good pirate looking clothes?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Dual Work Hook Captain Hook will work out the same though, what's some good pirate looking clothes?

Ah, Captain **ok.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

DrNutt posted:

Ah, Captain **ok.

FROM I hate you so much :negative:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Can someone that knows how to beat this loving ancient dragon help me out? I can't seem to get him to repeat his pattern so I'll get in a bad spot and he'll one shot me. Dude's a oval office.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Wiki says if he goes up run under his tail.

And that it's a luck based endeavor.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Internet Kraken posted:

EDIT: If I use an asetic in my world to get another hook, will that have any impact on my ability to do coop in Earthen Peak?

Quoting this just because I really want an answer. I already hosed up one character by misunderstanding asetics.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

The set the female summon NPC wear would be perfect for a pirate.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

cat doter posted:

Can someone that knows how to beat this loving ancient dragon help me out? I can't seem to get him to repeat his pattern so I'll get in a bad spot and he'll one shot me. Dude's a oval office.

Sit at his rear end and swipe his back paws, when he moves one of them (usually after 3/4 hits) switch until he moves the other one. After that he either stands up and blasts between his legs with fire at you or flies up and sprays fire. Rinse, repeat with the paw stabbin'. Using Gower's ring is pretty much essential because that means you can effectively ignore all his fire blasts so long as its not broken and you position yourself ahead of time.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 30, 2014

Chippita
Jun 12, 2006

by Shine

Jack Trades posted:

Someone on Reddit figured out how to remove name censoring:
"If you want an even easier time, copy Game\NGWord\Chinese\win32OnlyNgWord.bin or Game\NGWord\Korean\win32OnlyNgWord.bin over the others, as those two languages have empty word lists.

http://mod.gib.me/darksouls2/ngword/ contains the full word censor list for all languages, for reference.
"

I can't be "Sexy Transexual"? I bet the list was created by cis male scum.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Quoting this just because I really want an answer. I already hosed up one character by misunderstanding asetics.

Ascetics don't affect multiplayer at all, other than that you can summon large white phantoms again if a boss respawns.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Gunder posted:

Few hours. I guess I haven't unlocked the right vendor yet?

There's a guy who will buy your junk in exchange for souls. He moves around the world as you talk to him/progress, starting out in a place called No Man's Wharf. In the meantime if your inventory is getting cluttered just shove stuff into the item box at any bonfire.

Also am I like the only one in existence who didn't kill the Ancient Dragon? He's just chilling out on his dragon perch and you talk to him, done.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Has anyone recently noticed getting stutters when summoning people? Whenever I summon someone the whole thing locks up for 10-20 seconds then everything is fine, it wasn't like this until today :(.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Gamerofthegame posted:

Wiki says if he goes up run under his tail.

And that it's a luck based endeavor.

From what I can tell it's more like wait for him to breathe fire at you on the ground, run and hit him as he's doing it, then run back out and wait for him to either fly up or breathe at you again. Problem is, dodging the flying breath attack puts you at the perfect range to one shot you with his breath when he's on the ground.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Guys, Ms Fist or Punching Judy for a brawler lady?

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

From the servant's quarters bonfire, go up past the first mummy dude, through the small tower (don't take the staircase up), fight the second mummy dude, and then there's that bit where you can jump from roof to roof; just drop down instead and going straight through the building in front of you will take you to a room with a breakable wall that leads out that way. You need the antique key, which I think you should have if you came from the pursuer.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

Sit at his rear end and swipe his back paws, when he moves one of them (usually after 3/4 hits) switch until he moves the other one. After that he either stands up and blasts between his legs with fire at you or flies up and sprays fire. Rinse, repeat with the paw stabbin'. Using Gower's ring is pretty much essential because that means you can effectively ignore all his fire blasts so long as its not broken and you position yourself ahead of time.

What/where is this ring? I haven't heard of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Okay, uh, I didn't summon Pate for the Last Giant fight. Does that mean I'm screwed out of the stuff from his storyline? Any way to get it without going to NG+? (Pate spoilers)

Edit: Even if I don't plan on really using it, I like collecting items.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 30, 2014