Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Zeroisanumber posted:

He's 73 and overweight. Why would anyone bomb his office when they can just let time and cheeseburgers assassinate him for them?

No one wants to assassinate him other than the figments of Ailes's diseased mind.

Also while double checking the bomb proof office tidbit I discovered that Ailes once locked down the Fox News building because a Muslim looking guy was on the same floor as his office. The guy turned out to be a janitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

BiggerBoat posted:

As an aside, my conservative Dad used to call the NBA playoffs and NCAA Tournament "The friend of the family Olympics". He's dead now. I miss him but but not those stupid opinions he had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcVYQsY_2KE

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

this is funny but saying naacp instead of ncaa is not really all that amazing of a slip

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I guess not, but that clip always tickles my funny bone.

poor nose
Oct 29, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

How do Libertarian and Republican flag suckers and "U.S.A., U.S.A.!" chanters rationalize their worship of Rand with this direct contradiction to the Declaration of Independence?

Through blind idolization, that same way they do with every other "Hero"

The one that always pisses me off is Ollie North if any of us did what he did we would still be in federal prison, but Ollie north gets a show on FOX News and gets sucked off by Hannity anytime he's a guest for being "A Great American, a true patriot and hero."

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Because trading with Iran is a longstanding conservative principle.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

How do Libertarian and Republican flag suckers and "U.S.A., U.S.A.!" chanters rationalize their worship of Rand with this direct contradiction to the Declaration of Independence?

We both know what the answer is, that they really don't rationalize any of their beliefs, it's all about making sure they are the winning "team". They don't give a gently caress about the constitution, freedom, equality, civil liberties, the troops, or even free markets or most of the ideological constructs they claim to subscribe to further then when it's personally convenient for them at this moment.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

poor nose posted:

Through blind idolization, that same way they do with every other "Hero"

The one that always pisses me off is Ollie North if any of us did what he did we would still be in federal prison, but Ollie north gets a show on FOX News and gets sucked off by Hannity anytime he's a guest for being "A Great American, a true patriot and hero."
Whenever someone mentions the name 'Oliver North' I feel compelled to make sure that his name is always prefaced by 'war criminal.' Because he's a loving war criminal.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Whenever someone mentions the name 'Oliver North' I feel compelled to make sure that his name is always prefaced by 'war criminal.' Because he's a loving war criminal.

:hfive:

I do the same thing whenever I hear the name Allen West.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

I'd ever read that before.

To be fair when the Declaration of Independence was written the whole "all men are created equal" thing was meant to mean "all affluent merchant and planter class men of the colonies should be treated as equals to their home country peers".

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Fox News (Cavuto) is in panic mode because they think the Chinese are overtaking us as a world power.

Reason? CHINA DOESN'T REGULATE! THE LIBERALS PASS ALL THESE "RULES" AND "REGULATIONS" AGAINST COMPANIES!!!!!!!!! "TAXES"! IT'S BECAUSE OF YEARS OF INCOMPENTENT LEADERSHIP! THEY'RE BUYING UP OUR DEBT!

Typical right wing talking points. Even had Donald Trump on.

Can someone tell me how wrong this all is?

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 30, 2014

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FuzzySkinner posted:

Fox News (Cavuto) is in panic mode because they think the Chinese are overtaking us as a world power.

Reason? CHINA DOESN'T REGULATE! THE LIBERALS PASS ALL THESE "RULES" AND "REGULATIONS" AGAINST COMPANIES!!!!!!!!! "TAXES"! IT'S BECAUSE OF YEARS OF INCOMPENTENT LEADERSHIP! THEY'RE BUYING UP OUR DEBT!

China's economy grew a lot because they basically hadn't had a modern market economy ever, their environmental policy is a nightmare that's led to the Gobi encroaching on the outskirts of Beijing, their political system is an oligarchical nightmare of backstabbing, they're scared shitless of a political uprising, them buying out debt is a better deal for us than it is for them and doesn't mean jack poo poo in a strategic sense because if they start dicking with us too much we'll just nationalize it and steal all of their money, and Donald Trump is a loving idiot.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

FuzzySkinner posted:

Any breathing Chinese person in Shanghai, a couple of workers at FoxConn, and a couple of parents of dead Chinese babies poisoned by factory milk producers.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Google "Smog in Beijing" and try not to get sympathetic asthma.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Holy poo poo this wank piece over Paul Ryan on BuzzFeed.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/paul-ryans-inner-city-education

FuzzySkinner posted:

There are a poo poo ton of middle-class Chinese leaving China because of how lovely everything has gotten there.

http://www.economist.com/news/china/21601305-more-middle-classes-are-leaving-search-cleaner-slower-life-yearning-breathe

Sure, on paper China's economy is booming. But that boom comes at the expense of the environment, the health of its people, and hasn't all together bettered the lives of the rural farmers who make up the majority of China's population and now find themselves used for manual labor in cities they have no connection to other than because it's a place for them to make money for their families still living in the countryside.

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 30, 2014

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

FuzzySkinner posted:

Anyone who thinks we should be emulating China has clearly never spent time in China. The smog is so thick that it burns your lungs and you wake up every day feeling like you smoked a pack of cigarettes the night before. Living there for any significant amount of time can take years off of your life.

If we're going to mimic anything China is doing then it should be the rapid expansion of public transit. Oh, and street food vendors everywhere because that's pretty awesome

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FuzzySkinner posted:

THEY'RE BUYING UP OUR DEBT!

In maybe 1 case in 10,000 someone wigging out about Chinese ownership of American debt actually understands how it works. The other 9,999 arguments are based in xenophobia and ignorance.

Foreign countries buy American debt because it is an incredibly safe place to park money. It cannot be 'called in', anyone saying that is profoundly uninformed. China buying billions of dollars of treasury notes basically means that China has so much confidence in the American government that they are willing to loan us money at unfavorable rates because even though the rate of return means that some of that money disappears, you're guaranteed to get the rest out when you cash out.

Japan owns slightly less US debt than China and nobody's freaking out, because this isn't the 80's anymore and China has replaced Japan as the terrifying economic bogeyman that will swoop in and enslave us all with their inscrutable financial sense.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
China is actively investigating purifying polluted seawater to help meet their water needs.

quote:

Beijing’s water authorities have defended their plan to ease the capital’s water shortage by processing seawater from the highly polluted Bohai Gulf, a mainland newspaper reported.

The capital’s municipal government has announced a project to build a desalination plan in Tangshan in Hebei province to process one million tonnes of water a day by 2019 to ease Beijing’s water crisis.

Wang Xiaoshui, the general manager of the project, told The Beijing News the plan was feasible and dismissed concerns the water would be undrinkable. The water will be treated to strip it of salt, heavy metals and bacteria and will be drinkable straight from the tap.

The plan has prompted public concerns because Bohai, the innermost gulf of the Yellow Sea, has some of China’s most polluted waters.
Also something like 8% of their farmland is literally unusable because of heavy metal poisoning. That's the official government number so the actual amount is probably far, far higher.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Good Citizen posted:

If we're going to mimic anything China is doing then it should be the rapid expansion of public transit. Oh, and street food vendors everywhere because that's pretty awesome

Man street food vendors are all over in the US.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Also LOL at Chinese debt panic. We swapped them a bunch of resources and consumer goods in exchange for a sheet of paper with "I O U - Uncle Sam" written on it. If push comes to shove, we just tear the paper up, and what are they gonna do about it?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Foreign countries buy American debt because it is an incredibly safe place to park money. It cannot be 'called in', anyone saying that is profoundly uninformed. China buying billions of dollars of treasury notes basically means that China has so much confidence in the American government that they are willing to loan us money at unfavorable rates because even though the rate of return means that some of that money disappears, you're guaranteed to get the rest out when you cash out.

You're right on most points but the main reason China buys treasury bonds is to depress the yuan.

Install Windows posted:

Not like in Shanghai

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

FuzzySkinner posted:

CHINA

The government limits the number of kids they have for one. Media is censored. As others have mentioned, the air is unfit to breathe. People work 18 hour days for next to nothing. There are no regulations, unions or much of a free press at all.

Aside from being communist, it's every Republican business owner's wet dream. What are the gun laws like in China? Pretty strict I bet.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

BiggerBoat posted:

Because they automatically assume they are the cream of the crop and everyone else is lazy and can only survive on their tax dollars.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Remember the :buhgawd: over HPV vaccines a while ago? FOX tested the waters with their patented, "We're just asking questions" fearmongering at 3:24, included in a scare film called, "Silent Epidemic, The Untold Story Of Vaccines:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1m3TjokVU4&t=204s

Joe Scarborough says that vaccine efficacy is a hoax like climate change.

The vaccine hysteria is the overlap between far right and far left dittoheads. I didn't see a vaccine thread, apologies in advance if this is a bit of a stretch to post these here. The dittoheads say that vaccines are a hoax, it's only a matter of time before they say Obamacare is coming to inject junk science into your kids.

One of my gradeschool friends went off the deep end, said I should watch the next video, too. I don't think I have the patience or the stomach to sit through it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFqwzxKqp0

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
You're not wrong. I had a co-worker copy/paste something from Yahoo! Answers about how Obamacare will require us all to have RFID chips installed in 2017.

I wish I were kidding.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Post 9-11 User posted:

One of my gradeschool friends went off the deep end, said I should watch the next video, too. I don't think I have the patience or the stomach to sit through it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFqwzxKqp0

That guy is nuts and has been doing the pseudo science and anti-vax circuits for a while.

I looked up his wiki page for some support and got this gem as well:

quote:

In April 2013, Dr. Blaylock entered his endorsement of the chemtrails conspiracy theory on an internet radio program called Linderman Unleashed Radio Show where he cited increased levels of aluminum in water bodies and nature with his common sense observations of the skies. He proposed the conspiratorial and criminal aircraft spraying by governments of nano toxins for some supposed global, emergency purpose

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BiggerBoat posted:

Aside from being communist, it's every Republican business owner's wet dream. What are the gun laws like in China? Pretty strict I bet.

Yep, my girlfriend's from a smallish village there and she's never heard of anyone who privately (i.e, not the PLA) owns a gun.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Install Windows posted:

loving hot dog vendors are the worst and make NYC smell like rear end.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Darkman Fanpage posted:

loving hot dog vendors are the worst and make NYC smell like rear end.

Come to Texas, we have taco vendors.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

They just now said that China has a better college education system than the US.

Because you know...there isn't a clear good amount of Chinese on Student Vias's at every given school in this country now or anything.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I wonder what St. Reagan thinks about all this Russia/China knob slobbering

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

FuzzySkinner posted:

They just now said that China has a better college education system than the US.

Because you know...there isn't a clear good amount of Chinese on Student Vias's at every given school in this country now or anything.

It's better if you're a true believer in the "let one test at the end of the year determine your entire grade" model.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
So Limbaugh :qq:'d about the Sterling thing all loving day:

quote:

RUSH: Here's Joe in Chicago. Joe, great to have you on the EIB Network. I'm glad you waited to appear. Hello.

CALLER: Oh, you're welcome. And it's a big thrill. Thanks for all you do, Rush.

RUSH: Thank you, sir.

CALLER: We love you here.

RUSH: Appreciate that.

CALLER: So, Rush, the sad thing about the Sterling affair from the way I see it is it shows how uncivilized we're becoming, and I think it's proof to your political motivation theory. For example, the use of the term "racist", you know, that really refers to someone who commits violence against other group or really wishes another group harm. This man was definitely prejudiced. I didn't hear anything that was racist. I heard he's a bigot. Maybe he's a bigot. That's kind of a stronger word. But why has the media jumped out and gone right to the word "racist"?

RUSH: Well --

CALLER: It's in all the news reports and it just proves your point, Rush, that it's being done for political purposes, and it's just despicable.

RUSH: Well, it is, but, look, arguing over the definition of "racism" here isn't gonna change anybody's thinking on this. I mean, all you have to do to be racist is criticize somebody. Criticize a minority, you're racist, that's all you have to do.

CALLER: Right. To jump to the extreme definition for use to silence any opposition
, like, you know, your theory about the owner of -- is it in Florida, the DeVos family?

RUSH: Yeah, hmm.

CALLER: Over gay marriage. That's why we love what you do, Rush. You give us insight. You really figure this stuff out for us.

RUSH: Well, I appreciate that. What that is, that is fascism. That is fascism. And, by the way, it is being eagerly applauded by a lot of people in this country. This totalitarian use of force, this authoritarian use of power to punish, silence anybody that says something you don't agree with or you don't like. They don't have to do anything. All they've gotta do is talk or write or say something that you happen to disagree with.

Look at the global warming crowd. There are actual attempts here to criminalize opposition to global warming, put people in jail for it around the world. It's not just a domestic thing here. But I'm telling you that the facilitating agent for all of this in this country is the Democrat Party. The Democrat Party is the home. Every one of these people that we're talking about, including Sterling, votes Democrat. Everybody involved, everybody making a big deal, everybody in the media, everybody all hopped up about this, they're all Democrats. They all vote for Democrats.

I mean, for crying out loud, folks, you have elected Democrats talking this way, encouraging the people that vote for them to think this way. The Democrat Party is all about statism. The Democrat Party is all about command-and-control, centralized authority and power. The concept of individualism, rugged or otherwise, is laughed at, mocked, made fun of, ridiculed.

Practically every virtue and every tradition that went into building this country is under assault right now. And that's what we find ourselves in the middle of. You can say it's always been there, and it's been effervescing and bubbling up and finally now it's boiled over. But why has it boiled over it if it's always been there? Why did nobody tamp it down? In order to keep the peace, why have efforts been made to victimize people and punish -- well, no. Why has the Democrat Party willfully, eagerly, happily put people in groups, made them victims, put them on the welfare rolls, made their existence barely a subsistence? Why has there not been any effort to tamp down some of this animosity in the country and try to turn it into love?

Why has there not been an overall effort to inspire people to exercise the opportunity this country provides everybody today to be the best they can be? Where has that gone? Why is that missing? Why is now everybody a victim? Why is everybody owed something? Why is everybody a victim of the immoral, unjust founding of this country? It's been a movement that's been around since the beginning of the country. And rather than tamp it down, the Democrat Party has inspired it; the Democrat Party has promoted it.

It is the single source of their power: aggrieved, miserable, angry, unhappy people looking for the people they're mad at to be gotten even with. Looking for the people they are mad at to be dealt with. Looking for the people that they're mad at to be punished. And when it happens, they're all happy, whether it improves their lives or not. And in most cases it doesn't. But they don't care because they've been conditioned to believe that somebody being punished, either taxes being raised or any other form of punishment, that's justice. And the Democrat Party is the agent of that justice. The Democrat Party's facilitating all this. That's where its home is. None of this would be working if there were not a significant political power base propping it up as a foundation.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/04/30/democrats_facilitate_hate_not_love
Holy gently caress the projection in that last paragraph

quote:

RUSH: ... It kind of makes the point that it's never gonna be over. It was like when Obama was elected, how many people do you think, how many white people voted for Obama thinking that it'd be the end of racism? 'Cause nobody likes this. Nobody likes this racial divide. Nobody is made comfortable -- I take that back. There are a lot of people making money off of it. There are some people who actually promote it and like it. And, again, the Democrat Party's the home of this stuff. But, for the most part, your average, ordinary American wants no part of it.

And as Bernie Goldberg pointed out on Megyn Kelly's show the other night, the overall condemnation Donald Sterling is receiving is evidence that there isn't racism, institutional racism in this country. It just doesn't exist anymore. There's nobody out defending Sterling. Nobody out trying to call for calm or anything. I mean, universal condemnation, once people found out who the guy is. And yet, and yet Kevin Johnson says here, oh, that doesn't matter. It's still out there, doesn't matter. We got a black president, we got a black attorney general, that doesn't matter. It's like when Obama was elected, I told people, this is only going to exacerbate racial disharmony. And people, "How do you mean?"

See, 'cause any criticism of Obama's policies are gonna be chalked up to racism.
Nobody is gonna be permitted substantive disagreement with Obama and his policies. It's all gonna get chalked up to racism. I said by the time it's done nobody's gonna have the guts to criticize Obama. He's gonna have a clean slate ahead of him 'cause nobody is gonna have the guts to be critical because everybody who does is gonna immediately be labeled a racist. And that's exactly what's happened. So Sterling is gone and it seems to me there's not any satisfaction. It just seems like the anger gets even worse, even when the situation gets rectified.

I know that most people don't want this. Most people don't want there to be racial strife. They don't have any desire for it whatsoever. Most people agree with Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?" You have to go to the Democrat Party to get this fixed. They're the state sponsors of this stuff. I'm reminded again with Kevin's sound bite here what Bernie Goldberg said. He said, "There isn't any racism. If there were, Sterling would have some supporters, but everybody can't wait to get in line to condemn the guy." And yet, no, no, we got black president, we got a black attorney general, it doesn't mean anything.
One Presidential election should be enough to absolve all sins :smuggo:

Kenzie posted:

I was listening to that for a bit.

At one point he said the Democrats can't run with the "war on women" talking point anymore because women are poorer now under Obama than they were before. He said that women have become poorer in the past five years, so war on women? What war on women?

quote:

RUSH: Here's Gaynelle in New Orleans. Great to have you on the EIB Network. Hello.

CALLER: Rush, I am so honored to speak to you. I can't tell you how many times I tried to call. Even during Katrina, I tried to get you for your clear mind and your advice. I have a question for you.

RUSH: All right.

CALLER: If they can take people's property away for foul things they say or horrible things they say, why has nothing ever happened to Reverend Wright or Louis Farrakhan -- or, for that matter, Al Sharpton? They said horrible things about people, and we didn't dream that we would take somebody's property way for saying foul things or for being fractious. That's not... Actually if they allowed the capitalist system, this guy would have ended without his ball team anyway 'cause people could have not bought tickets. They could have not played for him. They could have done a whole lot of things, and then nature would have taken its course because I believe people are generally good people.

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: I don't understand how they think they can force him out of an ownership when he said something. I mean, you can't take things away 'cause you disagree with 'em. My goodness.

RUSH: What do you mean, they can't? They just did.

CALLER: I know, but that's not American. That's not free.
I mean, you can say he's not protected under the freedom of speech. Were those people who said foul things about Palin protected by free speech? You know, I mean, foul things about a handicapped child?

RUSH: It's called, in 2014, "justice." Now, you ask, "Well, why don't they take away Reverend Wright's house?"

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: Or church or Reverend Sharpton's car. I mean, he owes the IRS about a million bucks. Why not?

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: The reason is that Reverend Wright, Reverend Sharpton are perfectly allowed to say whatever they want to say.

CALLER: Why?

RUSH: Well, because they are victims. They're victims of a 200-plus-year oppressed minority.

CALLER: Well, I'm gonna tell you something that's gonna sound really silly to you, but if you're from New Orleans you will understand. We are veterans of the same thing, because we did not leave people to die. We did not not tell people to evacuate. We did everything we could in this city to prepare for a national disaster. We did have a problem. We had a deer-in-the-headlights governor who didn't realize that the National Guard belonged to her.

RUSH: Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah. But, see, again, your governor was a woman. Again, a member of a protected minority.

CALLER: Well, great.

RUSH: She cannot be held to the same standard as a male governor. She's permitted to be incompetent.

CALLER: So selective discrimination we have? Is that what it's come to?

RUSH: It's because America has been so unjust and immoral to certain of its citizens since it was founded. You all know that the Republicans are waging a War on Women. What, women are gonna have to defend themselves? You're gonna have to give them some latitude. And we had slavery in the past.

So those two groups are permitted to pretty much do and say whatever they want to do.
I just had a story yesterday. I didn't get a chance to it, but now you've heard of the glass ceiling for women. Now, unfortunately, it's become "the glass cliff" because women are becoming CEOs and then they don't cut it and they're being fired and they're being replaced by white guys.

It's humiliating. It's being called "the glass cliff." Women are now being thrown over and it's 'cause America is just so unjust and immoral. That's why Sterling can have his team, property, whatever, taken. He can be suspended from having anything to do with it because of who he was mean to.

CALLER: Yeah, what about people who speak out against Jews? Do they have to lose their property, too? We are full of people in this -- (crosstalk)

RUSH: Well, that depends on where that happens.

CALLER: Oh, okay, so it can happen from somebody who's a high standing --

RUSH: Well, I mean, John Kerry just basically said that the Jews of Israel are a bunch of slaveholders, and nothing happened to him.

CALLER: Now, minorities (unintelligible). I'm not sure. Or what unjust people does he belong to? What can I say -- slave people or unjustifiably judged people does he belong to? The Democratic Party?

RUSH: The Democrat Party has made -- no, all of this stuff has a political base to it. All of this would not exist if there were not political power attached to it, and the Democrat Party has made that possible. You know, you talk about the mayor, Kathleen whatever her name was down there. Don't forget School Bus Nagin. This is the guy that left the school buses there to get flooded along with the residents, but he had some slack cut because he's a minority, too.

It's just like these media guys, there's two speech codes now, and you better figure out which one applies to you, and if you don't, the same thing is gonna happen to you that happened to Donald Sterling. And the media is gonna applaud it when it happens to you. (interruption) Look, if people are gonna call here and ask me, I'm gonna answer it. (interruption) The reason why Reverend Wright can say whatever he wants is because he's a victim of this country. It's understandable that he'd be mad. It's understandable that he'd be filled with rage. We better learn and understand why. That's what we're told. And the same with Reverend Sharpton. He can do a hoax on Tawana Brawley and end up on television because he's permitted. There are just certain things and it's the way they are.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/04/30/liberals_have_politicized_sports_under_the_guise_of_social_justice

quote:

RUSH: I am proud to say there is only one speech code for everybody here. One speech code. However, that's not the case in America anymore. There are at least two speech codes, and if you don't know which one applies to you, you are gonna be the next Donald Sterling. I mean, there are certain things minorities can say that you can't if you're not a minority. And there's less and less that the so-called majority can say.

You know, the speech codes, permissible speech is dwindling for those who are said to be non-minority by a majority. The speech code for minority is wide open and expanding. And you better realize which one applies to you, otherwise you are gonna have the same thing happen to you that happened to Sterling. I've got two media people that have said that. That's not my idea. I did not come up with that. I'm not gonna play the sound bites 'cause I don't want to advertise these guys, but I have it right here in my formerly nicotine-stained fingers.

Two speech codes, at least two. Yeah, certain people can say certain things, and there are certain things other people can't say, and you better realize. And, by the way, it was applauded. Nobody's concerned about it. It's viewed as a positive thing in America. Yes. Because it means that the rights of minorities are expanding. Because minorities have been oppressed since the founding of the country.

I knew there was gonna be trouble back in the seventies when affirmative action first came up. I actually did a quasi-series of talk shows back in the seventies. It was a music show with some phone calls to satisfy community service retirements and license renewal. One day affirmative action came up and I just asked a question. Some advocate of affirmative action called in, and I said, "Well, okay, when does it end?"

They said, "Never."

I said, "What? Never?"

"Yeah, never."

I said, "You mean there's not a day in the future where you're gonna say, 'Okay, past grievances have been dealt with and the slate's clean and we're all even going forward?'"

"No, no. No, no. Affirmative action never ends." And that was right. Affirmative action never ends. Affirmative action is just what? Well, at one time it was quotas. Now it's come to encompass a whole lot more than just quotas. Affirmative action includes the new speech code. Affirmative action allows certain behavior that other people are not allowed. It's certain advantages and preferences. It's all based on race and there's no end to it. And the people that came up with it never intended for there to be an end. They said it was to redress prior grievances or cases of discrimination. But it wasn't.

The way it came up was I said, "Who is going to sit in judgment of when we've evened everything out here and the slate's clean?"

He said, "Nobody, 'cause it's never gonna be clean. We can never fully pay for what happened in the early days of this country. No matter how long this country exists, the price can never be fully repaid." I heard that back in the seventies. And, lo and behold, here we are in 2014. You saw when the state of Michigan, the Constitution tried to do away with it, the wise Latina on the Supreme Court, Justice Sotomayor, was not too wise and not too happy. Well, she was on the losing side, but that... (interruption) Yeah, but Affirmative action, you know what it really is? It's racial profiling at its worst, state sponsored discrimination. State sponsored discrimination, exactly what affirmative action is. State sponsored discrimination.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/04/30/there_are_two_speech_codes_in_america
State sponsored discrimination of whites to not say racist poo poo about minorities even though that's absolutely not what affirmative action is! It's like we have reverse apartheid in America :911:

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Just as any fucker who brings this up, "oh, so you want us to be a Communist dictatorship now?" Of course that has no grounding in reality, but these fuckers haven't paid attention to reality in ages.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Depends on the hot dog cart. The ones that work on the daily are okay. The ones that are set up in a flash for one-night-only events like New Year's? Soggy awful mystery meat logs. Just awful in a city bursting at the seams with quality grub. You can recognize the bad ones because they snap tongs at people like Vegas card flappers and don't tell you their prices ("surprise! $5 for this tube of dreck!).

Dr. Blaylock posted:

Glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate glutamate

Good to know that he's a conspiracy theorist, I can't take this anymore. Around the 10 minute mark he describes free radicals, (which no doctor really understands yet) then he says, "... it poisons the enzyme and depresses it." You can't poison or depress an enzyme. You can mix it with poison or contaminate it, but enzymes don't get sick, they're not living things. :cripes:

Nanoconcentrations of mercury? There's far more methylmercury in fish than "nanoconcentrations," yet he thinks nanoamounts in vaccines. I'm done with this video.

FuzzySkinner posted:

... Can someone tell me how wrong this all is?

Edit: Cavuto is dead wrong for many simple reasons. One is that the Chinese government, which closely regulates and controls its trade, is playing the long game. They have knowingly allowed their people to be abused as slaves knowing that it will bankrupt the United States with the promise of cheap, shoddy goods in exchange for nearly all of its domestic manufacturing. Yes, China is "succeeding" because it has almost no safety or environmental regulations, making things cheaper, but one of the root causes is that American investors like those at Bain Capital or the late Enron care only about short term profit. The long term success or failure of their own country be damned, they'll be in the Bahamas waited on hand-and-foot by servants.

tl;dr: More For Me, gently caress You.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 30, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
This racism proves there's no racism anymore.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Rush keeps on calling Sterling a Democrat. It's really cute. :allears:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Are you worried that Hillary is going to have lesbian sex on the desk of the Oval Office? Glenn Beck is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWOJZccJVk4

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I wonder what St. Reagan thinks about all this Russia/China knob slobbering

I've been thinking the same thing myself. Has Cuba done anything recently like execute gays, drill in a national park or pay 12 year old kids 9 cents an hour labor in factories and farms that might gain the affection of conservative free market types?

Who knew? All along I thought conservative Republicans leaned towards theocratic fascism. Turns out they're dirty red communist sympathizers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

I've been thinking the same thing myself. Has Cuba done anything recently like execute gays, drill in a national park or pay 12 year old kids 9 cents an hour labor in factories and farms that might gain the affection of conservative free market types?

Who knew? All along I thought conservative Republicans leaned towards theocratic fascism. Turns out they're dirty red communist sympathizers.

I wonder if you could completely disarm and silence Republican commentators on television by just shouting COMMUNISTTT!! at them. A wonder Alan Colmes never learned to truly enjoy Hannity by experimenting on him like this.