Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Cedric the Entertainer is stepping down as the host of Who Wants to be a Millionaire, citing the show's move to Connecticut.

Deadline is reporting that Terry Crews may be offered the gig. And I swear to God, if he hosts it in Old Spice mode I will move to CT and attend every taping.

Pretty sure the real story there is Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is still a show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Last week's Awkward had that huge sandwich out of nowhere. This week Jenna's mom went to a Brazilian waxing place that served grilled meats while doing bikini waxes. The place was also unsanitary and she ended up with an infection, and at one point she says it feels worse than when she had crabs. This show became really bizarre this season.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fooz posted:

Rectify, I believe that it's probably good, but it's one of those shows with no curb appeal.

I just googled "curb appeal" and I still don't know what it means wrt a TV show. :confused:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It means the show sounds boring.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Mu Zeta posted:

This show became really bizarre this season.

Awkward got a new showrunner this season, which might explain some of the tonal changes (or, at least, a return to the first season's general wackiness). How is the season so far? I've only seen the first episode and, while the show's still good, I've reached a point where I don't need any more Awkward in my life.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

IRQ posted:

I like it a lot too, but have you seen Brooklyn 99?

Hcreight is right, I was thinking of shows premiering this year. But yeah, I think Silicon Valley is off to a more interesting start than 99. I really like the show, especially episodes like the training competition one, and I haven't a bad thing to say about it. But Silicon Valley's traces of constant conflict, its scathing tone, the dramatic hooks that are season long....that adds a definite interesting tang to an already funny comedy. But no need to hate. Both shows can be great.

Watching Twin Peaks for the first time and the first episode knocked my socks off. Its really fun to compare and contrast considering we're in the age of the deep miniseries procedural. There a first timer watch a long thread for it?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just got around to watching the latest Veep and that, that was loving funny. Easily one of their funniest episodes yet.

"Pacific trim."

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

quote:

Both shows can be great.

Impossible. This is TV IV.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Y'know what needs to happen? This needs to happen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, then they can have a homophobe owner instead.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, then they can have a homophobe owner instead.

No worries. Old Dick DeVos won't stand for anyone horning in on his turf.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Cedric the Entertainer is stepping down as the host of Who Wants to be a Millionaire, citing the show's move to Connecticut.

Deadline is reporting that Terry Crews may be offered the gig. And I swear to God, if he hosts it in Old Spice mode I will move to CT and attend every taping.

I had no idea that Millionaire was still on, let alone that Cedric the loving Entertainer was hosting it.
Terry Crews is on actual TV shows and stuff, it seems like hosting an afternoon garbage-time game show would be a step down for him.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

hcreight posted:

Y'know what needs to happen? This needs to happen.

I thought Tracy Morgan was the worst part of 30 Rock.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 1, 2014

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Anybody watching Legit? It's a drat shame that it got relegated to FXX this season because it's really becoming more than just three guys loving around. I almost cried at the end of this episode.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Bown posted:

re Silicon Valley: I like it a bunch so far but I don't feel like it really has its own personality yet, especially considering its creator. All the tech jokes, and the way they act, are basically exactly what I would have expected from the premise. Agreed that episode 3 is the best so far because it's the only one with plots that truly feel like they came from Mike Judge's brain (the Peter Gregory Burger King thing and especially Bachman's spirit quest).

I find it to be REALLY good, but not amazing. It's likable enough that I'll keep watching. If nothing else I think the show suits Zach Woods' comedic abilities. To me, he was a bit unfairly poo poo on when he was on the Office. Even though his performance is fairly identical- he gels much better here.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

CaptainHollywood posted:

I find it to be REALLY good, but not amazing.

That's Mike Judge's forte.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ravane posted:

I thought Tracy Morgan was the worst part of 30 Rock.

You were wrong.

It was Jenna.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Aphrodite posted:

You were wrong.

It was Jenna.

The gently caress? Rarely has an opinion been more incorrect.

Besides, the jokes on you, she got paid anyway.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Jenna was awful.

"I'm conceded!"

"This is just like that time I did something outlandish!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jenna is actually amazing and kicks rear end, you factory-reject dildos.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
HER WHOLE LIFE IS THUNDER

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

And the live forums are indexed. Hopefully people will find this useful!

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

EL BROMANCE posted:

And the live forums are indexed. Hopefully people will find this useful!

Hey, great job with this bro. It looks really great!

Edit: Yeah, I agree. Jenna's pretty awesome.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 1, 2014

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jenna is the best main character on 30 Rock. I didn't realise until my third or so rewatch of the seasons.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
I was catching up on old Modern Family episodes on the DVR, and I just watched their Vegas episode with Fred Armisen, Patton Oswalt, and Stephen Merchant. Holy crap, that's probably the best one they've done in years. It's up there with Woody's wedding from Cheers and "The Two Mrs. Cranes" from Frasier.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Holy hell...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3JLKw0q4kY

Also: Michael McKean has been cast in Better Call Saul!

Aaaand Yahoo is getting in the original series game. Looking forward to offerings also from AltaVista, AskJeeves and geocities.com.

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 1, 2014

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Bown posted:

Jenna is the best main character on 30 Rock. I didn't realise until my third or so rewatch of the seasons.

Cam-ah-ruh!

C'mon, people, Jack Donaghy is easily the best 30 Rock character and it doesn't even come particularly close.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
God, this last CSI episode. I wonder why this show is still on.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
you guys have to understand, soapgish doesn't like the idea of a show that ends with the female lead being able to successfully juggle work and family. he'd rather liz had quit show business forever and stayed home hemming her kids pants and poo poo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sitcoms are so unrealistic you guys

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MrAristocrates posted:

Sitcoms are so unrealistic you guys
This is why I hate Community. How do they even pay tuition?

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is why I hate Community. How do they even pay tuition?

With MeowMeowBeenz obviously.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Combat Pretzel posted:

God, this last CSI episode. I wonder why this show is still on.

I don't know. After the terrible hostage crisis episode, I decided that I was done after this season. That one opened with "cute" banter between a married cop couple, never seen before. It was painfully obvious that the only reason to introduce them was to have one get killed in the episode, which is what happened. (It seems like every single cop which gets killed on that show has a wife and two kids because that's apparently supposed to make it really sad, but it's just tiresome.) I stopped halfway through when it seemed like they were trying to make the shooter sympathetic, like he was tricked into shooting up a cop station.

Last night's was a backdoor pilot for another spinoff: "CSI: Cyber". I love that if you crash a chatbot, it doesn't just freeze or crash your browser, no, the skin peels off of the image until all that's left is the wireframe mesh. That's How The Internet Works! :pseudo: loving idiots.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Fooz posted:

That's Mike Judge's forte.

No actually, his track record is very spotty.

Beavis and Butthead - Ok I guess
Office Space - Good but overrated
King of the Hill - Best thing he's done- hands down
Idiocracy - Good overall - but slightly poor execution
The Goode Family - No desire to see past episode 1
Extract - Not good/not bad

That's from memory, and I'm pretty sure that's it. It's really shaping up to be the next best thing he's done since King of the Hill.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"OK I guess": Guy Born in 1994 Weighs in on Beavis and Butthead.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Beavis and Butthead was amazing in terms of content, and a mind blowingly unique of taking full advantage of a massive video archive. Genius.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Brian Baumgartner played the killer of the week on this week's episode of Criminal Minds and it was great. It wasn't as good as Jason Alexander or Brad Dourif's guest spots, but still pretty good.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Is anyone else having problems with Media Hint for Firefox on Netflix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

CaptainHollywood posted:

No actually, his track record is very spotty.

Beavis and Butthead - Ok I guess
Office Space - Good but overrated
Idiocracy - Good overall - but slightly poor execution

You shut your whore mouth.

• Locked thread