Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

McGiggins posted:

Quite sure.

I already had a Scindo skin blueprint, and there is only one in my inventory.

I'm also sure there's one or two people who could confirm that there was a Zoren Skin up on Mars (?) tonight.

There was a Dagger Axe skin in the last 24 hours, but both the Scindo and Zoren skin have the exact same name.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

McGiggins posted:

I feel your elation.

It was one of those things that I had simply given up on. Not gonna happen.

Then BAM, it done did happen. I've never been so excited over a piece of pixels since ever.

I wish it didn't suck.

On a related note to sucking, I just ran an alert for the Zoren Dagger Axe skin, and it seems I didn't actually get it.

It's not something in my foundry, and when examined in the Appearance menu, it wants me to choke up some plat.

All I wanted was to make an already ridiculous weapon even more so. What gives?

I am with you. I was supremely excited when I finally got my hands on the Cronus.

Unfortunately, update 13 slashed Cronus' overall damage values in half. The same patch that nerfed Jat and Galatine, and introduced the spectacularly op, bar none, best melee weapon in the game, Dragon Nikana.

Call me crazy, but if this wasn't a marketing move targeted at cash whales, I do not know what is. It did not go as planned, because someone messed up the market listing and DE was forced to re-release it as a dojo upgrade only. gently caress power creep and ninja nerfs. gently caress f2p business model.

The zoren skin must be in the foundry, albeit under a different name, dagger axe.

Make sure you did not get the scindo skin, instead. The two skins are listed in your inventory under identical icons and identical names.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 30, 2014

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Helter Skelter posted:

Unless they changed it in the last week (they didn't), this has in fact never been the case. Alert rewards like that are always blueprints, not the finished product. The alert twitter even specifies that it's a blueprint. It's more likely that he just clicked on the wrong foundry tab or something and didn't see it.
Right after update 13 hit, I've completed an axe skin alert and received a fully completed item. I thought it was a blueprint as well. But then i couldn't find it in the foundry and was nearly ready to file a support ticket. Then I went into the appearance menu just to see what the thing is supposed to look like, and it was really available for use. Either the game bugged out in my favor or it's a proper feature.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Nitrox posted:

Right after update 13 hit, I've completed an axe skin alert and received a fully completed item. I thought it was a blueprint as well. But then i couldn't find it in the foundry and was nearly ready to file a support ticket. Then I went into the appearance menu just to see what the thing is supposed to look like, and it was really available for use. Either the game bugged out in my favor or it's a proper feature.

If you own a skin or hat, it will no longer be listed as a build option in your foundry, even if you have extra bps. Since skins and hats cannot be sold, this is permanent.

Perhaps, you built it a while back, and forgot all about it. Alerts only drop bps.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 30, 2014

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Are vauban alerts known to have same-day encores? I just missed the systems while I was at work, and it's all I need to build. Not too happy about that!

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Are vauban alerts known to have same-day encores? I just missed the systems while I was at work, and it's all I need to build. Not too happy about that!

They can, but--because the alert system reduces the priority of rewards when they've recently been offered--it's highly unlikely.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
The Cronus was a piece of poo poo since long before damage 2.0, since before the Grineer got their voice pack and were still muttering about staying close to the walls. It's so weird to see people actually being excited about getting it, actually trying to get it. :psyduck:

It's news to me that it's not a guaranteed drop anymore, used to be that every newbie got one off of Vor and had to be warned not to waste resources on it in clan chat.

I love cats posted:

Unfortunately, update 13 slashed Cronus' overall damage values in half. The same patch that nerfed Jat and Galatine, and introduced the spectacularly op, bar none, best melee weapon in the game, Dragon Nikana.

Call me crazy, but if this wasn't a marketing move targeted at cash whales, I do not know what is. It did not go as planned, because someone messed up the market listing and DE was forced to re-release it as a dojo upgrade only. gently caress power creep and ninja nerfs. gently caress f2p business model.

Dakra Prime and Dual Ichors, among others, are up there with the Dragon Nikana in terms of damage and have far more usable stances to boot. Pretty sure ichors with Berserker on are actually better.

Heavy melee got nerfed hard across the board, due to more of DE not thinking things through. The Jat and Galatine were not singled out in particular.

Of course the Dragon Nikana was designed to get impulse buys from stupid nerds, but you lack perspective in being so irate about it. You're using terms that you've heard bandied about in regards to F2P, but this is not generally what those terms are used to describe. I've seen much, much worse, and you should probably subject yourself to some other popular F2P games if you want to know what people really mean when they talk about whale-targeted cash grabs.

Hell, there's pricing issues in Warframe that are bigger deals than that and have been going on forever, like the ridiculous prices for rare resources in the market.

Also, I'm genuinely curious now as to why you were 'supremely excited' to get your hands on a Cronus, of all things. Do you just like the way it looks that much, or what?

Cathair fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 30, 2014

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
re: F2P cash grabs, creep/nerfs, and pandering to whales, go play any Mobage F2P game (I recommend Blood Brothers or D.O.T.) and see a blatantly P2W system. Warframe on its worst day isn't a fraction as bad. DE's lovely design decisions aren't exploitative, they're just poorly thought out and poorly implemented because listening to players with terrible entitled opinions from day 1 and building around core bad ideas from the devs (hi DESteve) regarding mechanics and acquisition pads the grind in bad and unfun ways and has made certain elements of the game permanently shallow (combat A.I.) or nerfed to the point of uselessness in the context of a full-party game (stealth gameplay).

Prior to D2.0, any "power creep" was so slow that you could level, potato, and forma a gun half a dozen times before the next weapon in its class that was marginally more powerful came out (see: shotguns). The damage and melee overhauls have shaken things up, but there's no power creep involved with newer weapons (if anything, the opposite is true since they keep releasing gimmick stuff) and the overall buff to other melee weapons kind of overshadows the nerf to heavy weapons. Brakk is the only outlier in terms of weapon damage and DE has made no effort to release other weapons even close to its DPS numbers in the 6+ months since it came out. Armor "creep" is a big problem in Warframe. Power creep is not.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Warframe is definitely one of the least messed-up F2P games I've seen. At least everything usable in-game can actually be gotten without spending real money, which is a step up from other games without a doubt.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Cathair posted:

Dakra Prime and Dual Ichors, among others, are up there with the Dragon Nikana in terms of damage and have far more usable stances to boot. Pretty sure ichors with Berserker on are actually better.

Dakra prime's dps lags behind that of Dragon Nikana's by about 30% (see links for comparison). Standard setup vs Grineer.

Ichors are niche and require special modding, and specific warframes (Valkyr) and quite a bit of forma to be good. Out of the box, their dps is less than half that of Nikana's. The polarities and elemental damage options are quite limited.

Nikana is great out of the box and suits every warframe and every playstyle. It has a nice attack radius (3 meters), which keeps squishy frames safe from counter attacks. It does not require smart modding or any special care, or a stance, for that matter. Buff that damage up, and you are set.

Cathair posted:

Heavy melee got nerfed hard across the board, due to more of DE not thinking things through. The Jat and Galatine were not singled out in particular.

RIP Amphis.

Cathair posted:

Dragon Nikana was designed to get impulse buys from stupid nerds, but you lack perspective in being so irate about it. You're using terms that you've heard bandied about in regards to F2P, but this is not generally what those terms are used to describe. (what is then?)

I've seen much, much worse, and you should probably subject yourself to some other popular F2P games if you want to know what people really mean when they talk about whale-targeted cash grabs.
'Much worse' does not justify bad.

You are reading too much into it. Besides, I do not think my person or my state of mind has anything to with my opinions (to which, I am entitled to just as much as you are entitled to disagree).

Admittedly, DE is fairer than most about how they monetize their game (everything is available ingame in the form of grinding). However, since I like their game, that's one legitimate reason to be harsher towards aspects I dislike.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 30, 2014

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

You do sound kind of irate, I love cats. Also we are not in fact testing poo poo for free, we are costing them money with servers, staff, etc. Hope that helps.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
All the Cronus excitement probably stems from our insatiable desire to collect all 151 Warframes and weapons. Plus you never know when DE might decide to buff a weapon... Eventually... If it isn't too much trouble to change some XML values...

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Captain Keene posted:

All the Cronus excitement probably stems from our insatiable desire to collect all 151 Warframes and weapons. Plus you never know when DE might decide to buff a weapon... Eventually... If it isn't too much trouble to change some XML values...

A wild connoisseur approaches.

Precisely so. Also, mastery ranks. 15 is a bitch to hit.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Isn't Brakk a case of damage calculators not reflecting the real world?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Even if only half the pellets hit that's still more damage than 90% of the other weapons in-game.

I mean if we're talking about dealing with big groups of dudes then yeah stuff like the Ignis and Stug can do some serious work, but that doesn't make the Brakk any less of a monster.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

sleeptalker posted:

Also we are not in fact testing poo poo for free

I didn't know I was getting paid to play warframe and find bugs etc, where do I go to receive payment? Do I pay tax in Canada, or the US, or both, or what?

Helter Skelter posted:

I mean if we're talking about dealing with big groups of dudes then yeah stuff like the Ignis and Stug can do some serious work, but that doesn't make the Brakk any less of a monster.

put Seeker on it, and laugh, and laugh and laugh and laugh.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Denzine posted:

put Seeker on it, and laugh, and laugh and laugh and laugh.

>400 hours and I still don't have this mod! :argh:

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Denzine posted:

I didn't know I was getting paid to play warframe and find bugs etc, where do I go to receive payment? Do I pay tax in Canada, or the US, or both, or what?

Well, hopefully, you're getting fun from playing it.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

I love cats posted:

Dakra prime's dps lags behind that of Dragon Nikana's by about 30% (see links for comparison). Standard setup vs Grineer.

You aren't taking into account the damage multiplier Crimson Dervish gives to the regular "mash e" combo. 300% more damage easily puts the Dakra Prime past the Dragon Nikana. 300% bonus damage is a lot. It even puts the Galatine ahead of the Dragon Nikana in damage (cleaving whirlwind has a combo with 300% bonus damage). Really, the Dragon Nikana is good but certainly not the best.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Denzine posted:

I know you're being sarcastic, but I just want to clarify. The only people who actually "testing", are the ones submitting support tickets. Even then, it's for own personal benefit, not profit.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

Cathair posted:

Also, I'm genuinely curious now as to why you were 'supremely excited' to get your hands on a Cronus, of all things. Do you just like the way it looks that much, or what?

Well I got the Chronus on my second run of Vore when I was just starting out, so I was excited since it was better than the Skana I was running with up until then. It also gave me a reachable goal to work towards compared to the pistol he dropped where I had to grind all the way to Saturn to get some Orkin Cells. Also recently got an Iron Phoenix mod from a random drop, so the Cronus is getting an airing as I try it out. Maybe when you get further into the game it turns into a piece of poo poo. But for noobies like myself its a nice little boost.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Specto posted:

You aren't taking into account the damage multiplier Crimson Dervish gives to the regular "mash e" combo. 300% more damage easily puts the Dakra Prime past the Dragon Nikana. 300% bonus damage is a lot. It even puts the Galatine ahead of the Dragon Nikana in damage (cleaving whirlwind has a combo with 300% bonus damage). Really, the Dragon Nikana is good but certainly not the best.

I am not because I though damage multiplier is flat across all stances.

Would you kindly direct me to where I can read more about this poo poo?

Later edit, oh, it is the wiki.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 30, 2014

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

I love cats posted:

I am not because I though damage multiplier is flat across all stances.

Would you kindly direct me to where I can read more about this poo poo?

Wiki is actually fairly/somewhat accurate with some of the damage multiplier some stances get. I can confirm that cleaving whirlwind lets the Galatine kill bosses faster than the dragon nikana can, but I don't have crimson dervish, so I can't test it myself, although I've seen videos and it appears to be true.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Nitrox posted:

I know you're being sarcastic, but I just want to clarify. The only people who actually "testing", are the ones submitting support tickets. Even then, it's for own personal benefit, not profit.

Much of the crash reporting is automated. Further, even if 99% of the playerbase isn't actively helping, the 1% still is, and for free.

sleeptalker posted:

Well, hopefully, you're getting fun from playing it.

So I'm not getting paid?

edit: on the topic of stances, you'd think DE would have learned by now to tell players what things do. Someday they'll actually document things.
haha no they won't

Denzine fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 30, 2014

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Denzine posted:

So I'm not getting paid?

Guddamn Govment Tennos takin my money Orobucks! Thanks Obama Lotus! :freep:

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Specto posted:

Wiki is actually fairly/somewhat accurate with some of the damage multiplier some stances get. I can confirm that cleaving whirlwind lets the Galatine kill bosses faster than the dragon nikana can, but I don't have crimson dervish, so I can't test it myself, although I've seen videos and it appears to be true.

I went and read it. Under crimson dervish (which I do not have) it says:

quote:

The first three combos deal 300% bonus damage on the three initial attacks.

That is a bit dubious, to me. Unless, I am stupid and I can't see the forest from the trees, since it begs the question:

What about the rest of the strikes of those combos? Should I expect an even higher multiplier?

There is no info on damage multipliers for the nikana stances or iron phoenix, the other sword stance. I am pretty sure, all of them come with consistent damage multipliers.

You brought up an interesting point I completely ignored. However, without any info on the other stance multipliers, how can I tell what is the final damage figure for each of these swords?

In my personal experience, both swords gently caress poo poo up fairly well when channeled. However, I do not think I am the only one who does not see the point to dick around sword in hand, and heavily relies on quick melee, instead. Dakra let me down in this sense.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Wales Grey posted:

Guddamn Govment Tennos takin my money Orobucks! Thanks Obama Lotus! :freep:

Platinum, or credits, exist. Although Orokoin's good for a Bitcoin gag.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

I love cats posted:

That is a bit dubious, to me. Unless, I am stupid and I can't see the forest from the trees, since it begs the question:

What about the rest of the strikes of those combos? Should I expect an even higher multiplier?
They don't seem to have any further multipliers. No, it doesn't really make sense, but I'm pretty sure DE didn't put much thought into this (have I said this before?)

I love cats posted:

There is no info on damage multipliers for the nikana stances or iron phoenix, the other sword stance. I am pretty sure, all of them come with consistent damage multipliers.

You brought up an interesting point I completely ignored. However, without any info on the other stance multipliers, how can I tell what is the final damage figure for each of these swords?

I've used both nikana stances, and neither dealt more damage than the other. I think it might just be a boost for properly wielding the thing(not quick melee), but not 100% certain. Definitely not as dramatic as the other stances. And there isn't a way to determine overall damage without testing it yourself. I was pretty surprised too when my galatine started making GBS threads out damage with cleaving whirlwind. The various damage calculators are not very reliable (though I have forgotten the exact reasons why, so take that with a grain of salt)

I love cats posted:

In my personal experience, both swords gently caress poo poo up fairly well when channeled. However, I do not think I am the only one who does not see the point to dick around sword in hand, and heavily relies on quick melee, instead. Dakra let me down in this sense.
Quick melee does not take stances into account. You have to wield the weapon to take advantage of the stance and associated damage multipliers. If you aren't going to do that, then the nikana is probably the best for you, since it's only outdamaged by weapons with stances (and possibly dual ichors)

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I decided to kill all the bosses to complete the "hero" challenges, Stalker was not amused.

A lot of the challenges are broken but it looked like i got mastery from the ones that completed?

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Sandweed posted:

I decided to kill all the bosses to complete the "hero" challenges, Stalker was not amused.

What are those hero challenge things anyway, I've seen them pop up a few times but don't see anything in my codex about them.

In flaming death news, now that I have Formas to burn I've started rebuilding my Ignis for maximum murder and noticed I had picked up the Firestorm mod, not sure when I had gotten it from but looks pretty nice.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I just broke Mastery Test 8 by using Zephyr to tailwind out of the level. While I fall into the emptyness, Lotus comes up "Good job brah."
:smuggo:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Cainer posted:

What are those hero challenge things anyway, I've seen them pop up a few times but don't see anything in my codex about them.

In flaming death news, now that I have Formas to burn I've started rebuilding my Ignis for maximum murder and noticed I had picked up the Firestorm mod, not sure when I had gotten it from but looks pretty nice.

They're just achievements. And Firestorm is the best mod on the entire three things it goes on.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Shugojin posted:

They're just achievements. And Firestorm is the best mod on the entire three things it goes on.

Ah, the achievements are so weird in this game, I have Sentinel Mastery 2 and 3 but not 1. Can't wait to level my Ignis enough to use Firestorm then. I've already used it a bit on my Ogris and murdered myself far more efficiently then before.

User Friendly
Jul 19, 2003

Thanks for the ps4 clan invite.

I just got a Cronus bp and a clan key bp from my first boss kill (vore?). Should I craft either/both? I'm still using my starter sword.

I see there has been some talk about Cronus earlier - is it just not worth it?

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Specto posted:

Quick melee does not take stances into account. You have to wield the weapon to take advantage of the stance and associated damage multipliers. If you aren't going to do that, then the nikana is probably the best for you, since it's only outdamaged by weapons with stances (and possibly dual ichors)

I know. That's why I more interested in raw damage than whatever bonus the stance provides me with. I cannot be assed to equip the melee, unless it is infested. And even then, I find the combo system unsatisfying, contrived and largely impractical. Or, it is just a case of me not getting it.

Bashing e gets the job done for me, and I can stop and require targets at my convenience, instead of ending up flailing at nothing because most combos are either interrupted by or disable directional control.

I wanted to try some sort of melee-focused setup and discovered that: the stamina burns real quick to high damage hits, flank or rear shots gently caress me up and there is little I can do about it, using mods to reflect damage is bollocks, et cetera.

I figured I am supposed to frantically move around a lot, but since most maps are essentially corridors with baddies coming at me from the front and sides, there isn't much space to use for maneuvering, and it becomes quickly evident, I would have been better off blasting everything with a gun before it had a chance to react.

I also have to give up essential mod space to largely ineffective stuff (speed, stamina, parry and deflection mods), all of which falls short of being a worthwhile alternative to abilities and primary weapons. :smith:

I love cats fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 1, 2014

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

User Friendly posted:

I just got a Cronus bp and a clan key bp from my first boss kill (vore?). Should I craft either/both? I'm still using my starter sword.

Don't worry about the Cronus, we'll be getting you better equipment soon. The clan key popped up because you were added to the clan, make it, and hurry to get to mastery level 2 so we can shower you with things.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

User Friendly posted:

Have you not been listening? Simply by choosing the pink orb, you have accepted an invitation to join a club.

A very select club, carefully weeded and cultivated, that properly splits the world into two set, definable groups: Us and Them.

We have embraced the Power of the Cronus, reveling in it's scarcity and glory.

Still sucks though, yeah.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Are you not aware that speedrunning vor for his 100% cronus bp drops was at one point the only real way of making money in this game? Most of the old hands have sold dozens of those pieces of poo poo off.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Serious Frolicking posted:

Are you not aware that speedrunning vor for his 100% cronus bp drops was at one point the only real way of making money in this game? Most of the old hands have sold dozens of those pieces of poo poo off.

To put this in context, Cronus BP sold for what, 2,500cr? That's get in, get to Vor, kill Vor, get drop, abort (until they patched keeping drops post-abort), all for 2,500 cr. Five waves in DSD now gets you ~27,500cr.

We've come a long, long way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Sandweed posted:

A lot of the challenges are broken but it looked like i got mastery from the ones that completed?

I like the idea of stalker sending emails to people he's about to stalk, thinking he's being really creepy and awesome by putting an ellipsis at the end of the message and a ??? in the subject line.