Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
pro-mumblecrew get on your Caps, anti-mumblecrew get on your IMs

FIGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I got a Hulk and a Jean Grey. I scored a few levels in each and basically just use their charge powers.

I dont get why Hulk is built so much around his charge? Couldnt any character with a shoulder slam basically do the same thing?

JG, on the other hand, makes sense due to the blindness and epilepsy I now have.

Is Demolishing Charge (Hulk charge) good for leveling or is that more of an end-game thing?

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
Does anyone know if we'll still be able to cash in eggs for ghost boxes after tomorrow or should I just get rid of them all today?

I must have got over 100 odin marks from those things.

Zoobtro fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 1, 2014

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
I'm guessing since they just added all those recipes to Beast, he'll stay up for a while... not sure though.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Zoobtro posted:

Does anyone know if we'll still be able to cash in eggs for ghost boxes after tomorrow or should I just get rid of them all today?

The egg turnins are supposed to remain on beast for at least another week.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Eat the eggs, Beast.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Toshimo posted:

The egg turnins are supposed to remain on beast for at least another week.

Sounds risky. Might have to spend 50 or so tonight just in case. Going back to grinding 2 or 3 odin marks per LQ is going to suck.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Zoobtro posted:

Sounds risky. Might have to spend 50 or so tonight just in case. Going back to grinding 2 or 3 odin marks per LQ is going to suck.

It was officially announced by Gaz. It's not really a risk.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Madcosby posted:

I got a Hulk and a Jean Grey. I scored a few levels in each and basically just use their charge powers.

I dont get why Hulk is built so much around his charge? Couldnt any character with a shoulder slam basically do the same thing?

JG, on the other hand, makes sense due to the blindness and epilepsy I now have.

Is Demolishing Charge (Hulk charge) good for leveling or is that more of an end-game thing?

Hulk kind of charges all over the place, why wouldnt one of his stronger powers be charging? Any hero can charge, but most of them dont tear apart buildings when they do it. A charge build is great for levelling because of the gear you can get to support a movement build.

Movement powers benefit from stuff like this:

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
Then again you don't really gain anything by hoarding them.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I finally got my crafter to 20 and celebrated by chucking 3 dupe costumes into the grinder. Out popped pants for Thing. Not just pants, but Fantastic Pants. It's like he just decided to put some clothes on now that all the Sues are running around.

Is the "kill 1000 aim robots" wave actually doable in the time limit? I can't seem to get past 30 or so even with shield sim all-stars Scott "pewpewpew" Summers and Scarlet "just keep twirling as they die to your fabulousness" Witch.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Holy hell her name is Elektra Natchos?

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Spudsly posted:

Then again you don't really gain anything by hoarding them.

I might use them to benefit a new hero in the future I guess. Same reason I'm holding onto Saturdays basket.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

bagrada posted:

I finally got my crafter to 20 and celebrated by chucking 3 dupe costumes into the grinder. Out popped pants for Thing. Not just pants, but Fantastic Pants.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

I'm not kidding when I say I can't tell you how many people experience this amazing feeling of getting the Thing Pants costume. I honestly believe it has the highest chance of coming out of crafter.

Congrats on getting best costume in game. It's BIS for all characters.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Are any of the uniques you get for BeastEggs worth getting? I haven't even really looked at them. Or should I just crank out ghost boxes?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
The uniques are pretty bad. I think there are some goons posting that the frogsuit can be good on Luke or something, but there are also some goons posting that Sue is a well-designed character free of flaws so you probably shouldn't listen to goons about anything ever

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Are any of the uniques you get for BeastEggs worth getting? I haven't even really looked at them. Or should I just crank out ghost boxes?

3 uniques crush into a random unique.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since people mention dupicate costumes, how often do costumes drop in the world? And do they get a indicator like the eternal splinters?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

???

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

You get a duplicate default costume every time you prestige. Costumes almost never drop in the wild. That isn't to say they don't, but you could play 1000 hours and not see one.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Soothing Vapors posted:

The uniques are pretty bad. I think there are some goons posting that the frogsuit can be good on Luke or something, but there are also some goons posting that Sue is a well-designed character free of flaws so you probably shouldn't listen to goons about anything ever

Okay. My recollection from a glance at them was that I wasn't impressed, but I'm also not a number cruncher so I didn't want to find out that suddenly this poo poo was BIS after Beast is gone. I'll probably just grab a pile of ghost boxes.

Toshimo posted:

Eh, I don't think I have enough to get 3. My farming this week has been below par.

(edit):
Oh god please tell me they are doing this and taking all this poo poo out of my inventory.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Rirse posted:

Since people mention dupicate costumes, how often do costumes drop in the world? And do they get a indicator like the eternal splinters?

I have heard tales, told in hushed voices, of someone who once, just once, in the deadened still of the night, saw a costume drop.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zelder posted:

Holy hell her name is Elektra Natchos?

Natchios, not Natchos. She's in no danger of being mistaken for a corn chip.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Oh god if they're gonna get rid of currency taking up inventory slots I'm gonna spend some more money on this game :fap:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I still think they should lessen the requirement for Fortune Card costumes. I know there's a lot of people who spend money on this game, but $95 without any sort of deal on Mk. 3 Fortune cards to get one costume is crazy. If they lessened it to like 25, or 30. That would make more sense to me.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

WarLocke posted:

Oh god if they're gonna get rid of currency taking up inventory slots I'm gonna spend some more money on this game :fap:
Looks like they're also getting rid of relics, legendaries, and having more than three artifacts!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

Looks like they're also getting rid of relics, legendaries, and having more than three artifacts!

punk'd :negative:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Toshimo posted:

Do the beast uniques count for this? I thought craftable gear can't be used in recipes, like how you can't turn a Pot of Gold into 300 Odinmarks.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Soothing Vapors posted:

"We haven't enabled that slot for the paper doll"

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Captain Bravo posted:

Do the beast uniques count for this? I thought craftable gear can't be used in recipes, like how you can't turn a Pot of Gold into 300 Odinmarks.

You can exchange beast uniques.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Madcosby posted:

It's absolutely both. Being available at level 1 is perfect, though you will have spirit issues for a while.

First thing to do is get a Magneto medal asap. Once you hit 25 put on a river of souls. Once you get in the early 30s is when you can reliably get an Elektra medallion. After that you're set.

crowbb
Feb 25, 2013
Slippery Tilde
I'm not even 100% sure Longshot isn't a mutant. If they can consider Danger (Ugh, Danger...) a mutant robot/virus/program/whatever she is somehow, I don't see why Longshot can't be. Then there's characters like Sauron who gets called a mutant half the time these days, though I have to say it's far less insane than his actual origin. Speaking of Sauron, I find it odd the only power that ever really made him a threat to anybody, the mind control, doesn't seem to be in the game.

rantmo posted:

Professor X tried to recruit Spider-Man, therefore the X-Men are whatever Charley wants them to be.

She'd have an entire demon ninja tree, plenty of attacks there.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

crowbb posted:

I'm not even 100% sure Longshot isn't a mutant. If they can consider Danger (Ugh, Danger...) a mutant robot/virus/program/whatever she is somehow, I don't see why Longshot can't be. Then there's characters like Sauron who gets called a mutant half the time these days, though I have to say it's far less insane than his actual origin. Speaking of Sauron, I find it odd the only power that ever really made him a threat to anybody, the mind control, doesn't seem to be in the game.

Isn't that kind of what his TAKE COVER power is? It's like a pink mind beam thing.

Also what's his actual origin?

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

WarLocke posted:

Isn't that kind of what his TAKE COVER power is? It's like a pink mind beam thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauron_(comics)

Karl Lykos was the son of an explorer's guide. As a teenager, he accompanied his father to Tierra del Fuego as the elder Lykos guided a wealthy client named Mr. Anderssen and Anderssen's young daughter, Tanya. While defending Tanya from mutant pterodactyls, Karl was bitten by one of the creatures. During his recovery, he discovered that he could now drain the life-force of other organisms. He found himself repeatedly tempted to use his new power, feeling that he needed to drain life energy from other humans or animals to survive.[3]

jubelio fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 1, 2014

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

WarLocke posted:

You seem to forget that all those human enemies in the savage lands are hypnotized tribesmen. :psyduck:

Also his real origin is he got bitten by a radioactive pterodactyl. Not even joking.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I think the real issue here is, when do we get Spiral as a playable character?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

He was bitten by a mutant pterodactyl.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Zombie Samurai posted:

Spiral is just gonna be a costume for Nightcrawler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Zombie Samurai posted:

They're working on 4-arm combat tech.

• Locked thread