Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Yodzilla posted:

alpha protocol owned but the gameplay is WAY shittier than dxhr. i beat it three times but the fourth one completely broke at the end so welp

yeah i liked alpha protocol but seriously the combat in that game was like being hit in the face by scrotums travelling at mach speed

also that game was a fuckin buggy piece of poo poo when it came out, like 'not qa'd at all' buggy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
titanfall was fun but i feel like i'm over it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jonad posted:

you play as a bitter, alcoholic nerd, sitting in a dimly-lit bar with 12 other bitter, alcoholic nerds

occasionally an obese new zealander walks in and flips the pool table in rage, then storms out

Barons doesn't post here anymore as per the conditions of our truce.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

32 gigs of ram

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Barons doesn't post here anymore as per the conditions of our truce.

what makes you think i was referring to barons

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just assumed he was obese from the way he posts.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If you were referring to me it would be a fit, tall handsome New Zealand Alpha Male walks into the bar and intimidates and obese IT professional and everybody claps and cheers.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

i told u i was hardcore

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you were referring to me it would be a fit, tall handsome New Zealand Alpha Male walks into the bar and intimidates and obese IT professional and everybody claps and cheers.

keep the part where you flip the pool table though because you would have to be really strong to do that

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

thats actually unspeakably cheap

get it

e: ok the vid card is kinda lame but its probably fine for you, casual scum

Dec 26, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

alpha protocol owned but the gameplay is WAY shittier than dxhr. i beat it three times but the fourth one completely broke at the end so welp

it has a decent foundation that is slightly discounted by the fact that pistols are staggeringly overpowered and make everything in the game a total joke, shotguns are garbage minus the phosphorus ammo, assault rifles are good but have a garbage ability so are not really worth leveling much, and you dont get any gun worth mentioning until you get into the hubs proper. which...well, 2/5 offensive skills worth leveling, 1/5 which is good from the beginning, aint bad right?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
dxhr was a v cool game with a bad ending

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

nononononononononono

if you want a preassembled pc gimme 5mins ill look it up

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Adult Sword Owner posted:

thats actually unspeakably cheap

get it

but you would have to still spend 150-200 bucks to get a graphics card

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

01011001 posted:

it has a decent foundation that is slightly discounted by the fact that pistols are staggeringly overpowered and make everything in the game a total joke, shotguns are garbage minus the phosphorus ammo, assault rifles are good but have a garbage ability so are not really worth leveling much, and you dont get any gun worth mentioning until you get into the hubs proper. which...well, 2/5 offensive skills worth leveling, 1/5 which is good from the beginning, aint bad right?

alpha protocol is a game w a good story but everything else about it is just the pits

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Yeah also it's refurbished (and an HP) so it was mostly a jokepost

edit: basically a "4GB" card with a completely underpowered GPU that would never be able to touch that, non-SSD, would probably need to up the PSU to get a better card, etc

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

keep the part where you flip the pool table though because you would have to be really strong to do that

Lmfao.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol there's a difference between bullying and just being an ignorant manchild. his opinion is the worst but he's not bein a bully about it.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Jonad posted:

what makes you think i was referring to barons

pfff, knuc doesn't rage. i've never seen him be anything but calm. fuckin zen master here

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

where's that comic from. i wanna cyberbully them

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
c la-mulana s:

hail satan mother

baphomet more like BAPSomet

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Fueled by my anger at Kojima Productions’ MGSV Ground Zeroes for being one of the bigger misogynist gently caress ups in gaming history, I came to terms with who the real bullies are now.
For note, I am a huge loving fan of previous MGS installments. I let the rampant misogyny slide for the sake of having fun. But with this…I feel loving betrayed.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

PipeRifle posted:

Yeah also it's refurbished (and an HP) so it was mostly a jokepost

edit: basically a "4GB" card with a completely underpowered GPU that would never be able to touch that, non-SSD, would probably need to up the PSU to get a better card, etc

here look at these

http://www.xoticpc.com/havoc-stage-p-6625.html?wconfigure=yes&change_view=ddm
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/2014-Paladin-E

change to suit needs

get rid of XTREME GAMER CHASSIS and get a plain one

the lowest card you should go for is a 750ti/270x

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

guys! Battlefield 4 conquest large is fun. I play it on my playstation four.

opinions?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

computer toucher posted:

opinions?

lol

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

01011001 posted:

also lol if you tried to spec a melee character and then went to fight the sniper boss at the end of the game

absolutely zero recourse and nothing you can do to beat him

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i know ncix will build the drat machine you pick, does newegg do that as well?

my pc was done by them and they have some insane wire guys, my system is clean as gently caress

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
if you spec anything other than pistols in alpha protocol you're an idiot who deservers the pain you get

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Notorious QIG posted:

alpha protocol's gameplay is poo poo but it's no shittier than dxhr and you get a good story with all the much-desired replayability and important decisions and whatnot. name literally one area that dxhr is better than ap

actually aps gameplay is way better because gunning people down is a valid strategy and you dont have to eat carbs and whiff farts while waiting for your battery to recharge.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Dodoman posted:

here look at these

http://www.xoticpc.com/havoc-stage-p-6625.html?wconfigure=yes&change_view=ddm
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/2014-Paladin-E

change to suit needs

get rid of XTREME GAMER CHASSIS and get a plain one

the lowest card you should go for is a 750ti/270x

These look dope but still kinda pricey. I'll probably do the SHSC BYOPC thread and get something a little lower-specced that ~suits my needs~ although it would be cool to play Watch Dogs with high-rear end graphix

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

computer toucher posted:

opinions?

well you're playing battlefield 4 and on a console to boot. i think that just about says everything.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

what i mean is that you probably are a cool dude with lots of friends irl. :)

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Razer sells every product at a loss

quote:

In an interview with VG247, Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan admitted that every product the company ships is sold at a loss. The statement came up when Tan was asked about the sales of Razer's left-handed gaming mouse, which he said sells "terribly." Tan said his company is focused on gaming, not just ideas that make a profit.

"We're not run like a real company, I know. It's insane, but every single product we ship, we're shipping at a loss. Life is short. And it's funny to see someone using a left-handed mouse," he said. "I have great investors. They're passionate about what they do. I tend to be able to deflect any questions like 'how are we doing on a business level? How profitable are we?' by going 'Look at this! Isn't it cool?' And they go 'Oh yes, it's cool,' and then I agree. Yet another board meeting saved."

"Our investors are genuine product people. I'm thankful for it. I cannot imagine if somebody's just interested in like, a bottom line or a profit," he explained. "We've been able to make decisions that make absolutely no commercial sense whatsoever. Even the laptop flies in the face of industry reports. You know, 'PCs are dying, everyone should get out of the PC industry' and here we are going 'Great! Let's invest as much money as we can in building a PC laptop.' Right? Doesn't make any sense but hey! Look at it! It's cool."

Razer recently released its Razer Blade gaming laptop in Australia, which the company touts as the world's thinnest gaming laptop. The Blade is plenty powerful, but it's also pretty pricey at $1,999 for the cheapest model. Tan said that the Blade is only possible because Razer is willing to spend the money on significant R&D.

"For every finished product that goes to market, there are probably four finished products that we've done but not released," Tan explained. "It's one of those things, a Razer design initiative. We take a million years to get anything out. If you put things in perspective, most other companies probably launch more products in a single year than we have done in the past - since we were founded."

"It's like a running joke. We launch on the average maybe five, or four new products a year? And our customer base complains that we launch the products too fast. I'm trying to figure out why. Most other companies launch about 50 new products a year, or even 100. We launch very few products - but products that everybody wants. if there are 50, you might only want one of them, or three of them, but because we're just so lazer-focused on gamers themselves, every single thing becomes a gamer's requirement."

:gowron:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what the gently caress

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

good news everyone

totalbiscuit has cancer

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the year taisho 20. i will uncover the secrets of the capitals most prolific and influential families.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Werthog 95 posted:

good news everyone

totalbiscuit has cancer

WTF is...butt cancer

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the year taisho 20. i will uncover the secrets of the capitals most prolific and influential families.

sounds like someone started a SMT game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i had a fat burger so huge i won't eat until tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

Werthog 95 posted:

good news everyone

totalbiscuit has cancer

:rip:

• Locked thread