Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Siding with Gwenelle is more likely to be useful from a political standpoint, so let's do that and hope that Elodie doesn't gently caress it up royally because she fails a Flattery check. Again.

Also, all the swords, all the time. Military uniform is also very much in the spirit of swords, and thus it shall be worn.

Yes I vote this. Military Elodie needs to get used to stabbing things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

Chard posted:

Side with Gwenelle, study Not drowning in the bath and Stabbing fools with swords

Agreed.

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

Gwenelle because we may as well start sending a message that we don't support puppet nobility. Swords, for the times we can't magically fry our opponents with our brain. Military uniform, because a sword sheath doesn't match our tux at all and a princess at her best has to look her best.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
We should side with Lieke, and put ranks in swimming.

edit: The fact that she's an obvious palette swap really is baffling, but she's right.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Let's side with Gwenelle because gently caress pallet swaps, practice our swords, then wash off the sweat by Swimming.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
:psyduck:

I guess that's what I get for always assuming I'd die if I didn't have those skills up, and either training to them or avoiding the party.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

jonjonaug posted:

Some bad tags here. Try magic?

Fixed. How did neither I nor anyone notice this earlier? :psyduck:

FFKonoko
Jan 1, 2013

Olfacere violarum.
Gwenelle, Military Uniform and Swords!

Catalina posted:

Hey, I tried very hard to pretend like I didn't know any more than the thread. (Though nobody should really trust my votes, as there are times I vote because I think a death at a certain point would be hilarious.)
We and Gwenelle are 15. I'm sure we think we know everything.
For classes, Swords x 2, and for the outfit the Military Uniform

To be fair, I'm not more trustworthy. I kinda wanted us to get to the party in the thin hope that we might experience a very particular death in the future.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
I now recall that Lieke is the one who throws a hissy fit if we don't come to the party. Looks like another reason to side with Gwenelle.

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014
Side with Gwenelle because she's the duchess and Elodie's friend, while Lieke appears to be basically useless to us.
Study Swords x2 unless that's about to be capped, in which case any other Weapons are fine, and wear the uniform.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Side with Gwenelle, train swimming and sword and wear military uniform

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Gwenelle, double swimming, uniform

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Argument

Side with Gwenelle: 29

Side with her mother: 3

Outfit

Military Uniform: 12

No Tux: 2

Tux: 1

Magical Girl: 1

Steal a Tabard from a commoner: 1

Classes

Swords: 42

Swimming: 13

Weapons: 4

Voice: 2

Meditation: 2

Divination: 1

Production: 1

Plan of action

Side with Gwenelle

Change into military uniform

Practice stabbing people

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Bookworm posted:

...while Lieke appears to be basically useless to us.

Lieke is the duchess of another duchy. Her daughter inherited from her father's side of the family.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

You heard her. She's an adult now, and she's in charge here.

Thank you!

Is this what your father will face upon your coronation? Cast aside without another word?

(... He's not going to like hearing that, is he.)

A bit later, Briony catches up with you.

I mean, I am sorry about your mother...

Thanks.

... but think of the opportunities you're going to have! You're so lucky.

That's an odd way of putting it.

Anyway, I was wondering, now that you're almost Queen and everything... have they told you all the secrets?

What secrets?

Like, how to get into the old palace! I've heard it's packed full of treasure.

Old palace?

The one at Kathre Lake! Where the Kings and Queens of Nova used to live.

I don't know anything about it.

Oh.

She bites her lip and frowns at you.

Well, never mind, then.

She walks away. So much for wanting to talk to you! At the end, you all share a pleasant meal and prepare to return to your various lands.

I noticed you were looking over some military records the other day.

I was just checking into how many soldiers we had available.

If you're desperate to recruit more fighters, you could offer pardons to criminals in exchange for service. Be careful, though. Some of them are dangerous and unreliable. That's why they were imprisoned to begin with.

Vote for 3 classes and decide what we should offer as prizes in the tournament.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Don't recruit thieves, psychopaths and other unsavory types into the army.

Hire the tournament winners!

Weapons x2
Reflex

Edited so we don't waste points by maxing swords before leveling everything else up.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 1, 2014

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Recruit from prison, Employment, Climbing x2, Swords x1

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Recruiting convicted criminals into an army sounds like a swell idea! After all, it turned out just fine for the Night Watch, didn't it? (Let's not do this.)

Also the tournament winner shall get a job as our meatshield.

And let's learn how to stab things three times.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mikl posted:

Recruiting convicted criminals into an army sounds like a swell idea! After all, it turned out just fine for the Night Watch, didn't it? (Let's not do this.)

Also the tournament winner shall get a job as our meatshield.

And let's learn how to stab things three times.

I like these. We haven't really had any other big scraps and I don't think we're in any particular danger of local rebellion - let's count on our navy and ourselves to deal with Shanjia when the time comes.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

I've seen a lot of anime hair colors, but "pea soup green" is not one I've seen before this game.

Recruit criminals, recruit tournament winners, swords x 3, we'll have an army so vast, and a princess so powerful, nothing will stop us from reaching the coronation.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Brunom1 posted:

Swords x2
Reflex

I suggest the same.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Briony is a little poo poo. (At least from the five minutes I've seen of her.)

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Recruit prisoners, learn about swords or other weapons if we'd hit the cap, offer employment. Lets meet King Anime with the largest force possible and be prepared to kill him personally (whether with magic or pointed objects) if we lose.

legoman727 posted:

Briony is a little poo poo. (At least from the five minutes I've seen of her.)

Nah she's pretty cool. Hopefully we'll get to see some of her events later on.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Penakoto posted:

I've seen a lot of anime hair colors, but "pea soup green" is not one I've seen before this game.

Recruit criminals, recruit tournament winners, swords x 3, we'll have an army so vast, and a princess so powerful, nothing will stop us from reaching the coronation.

This.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Brunom1 posted:

Swords x2
Reflex

Concur. We want warriors who will put their all into fighting for us in the first place. Not opportunistic scumbags.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Recruit people into the army through the tournament and the justice system.

I'm afraid its unlikely for us to get high enough in swords to do good in the fencing tournament, so I'd say go swimming x3

No tux

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Real princesses don't do thugs

Swords, Archery, and Polearms in a manner which gets us maxing Swords

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Guys we're gonna max swords and waste points if we do it twice, so we should be voting for Weapons x2 instead if we really wanted to learn how to stab things better later on.

Also recruit soldiers, we know in advance war is coming (unless our decision changed things) so every warm body we can throw into the meat grinder can help us.

Hire the tournament winners

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Guys we're gonna max swords and waste points if we do it twice, so we should be voting for Weapons x2 instead if we really wanted to learn how to stab things better later on.

Also recruit soldiers, we know in advance war is coming (unless our decision changed things) so every warm body we can throw into the meat grinder can help us.

Hire the tournament winners

This gets my vote. We need the other weapons, or swords won't work. And also echoing all the other votes in this post.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Penakoto posted:

I agree.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

On second thought - amending my class vote to SwordsX2, SwimmingX1

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Don't recruit criminals, do recruit tournament winners, more swimming just in case.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Penakoto posted:

I concur. Also, next time? Lore and history to the max. That Old Palace or bust!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

AJ_Impy posted:

I concur. Also, next time? Lore and history to the max. That Old Palace or bust!
Poise and such too. Next time we'll be Fancy, Knowledgeable Princess Who Can Give A Decent Speech.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
No to criminals, yes to tournament winners, swordsx1 archeryx1

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
No thugs, hire winners, weapons.

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014

Desuwa posted:

Lieke is the duchess of another duchy. Her daughter inherited from her father's side of the family.

No, her ex-husband was a duke, which is why Gwenelle is now a duchess, but Lieke is just a countess, which isn't nearly as important or powerful.

Anyway, study Weapons x2 and recruit the prisoners and tournament winners for the royal army. We want to beat the Shanjian invasion, so turning down free soldiers seems counterproductive.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Let's not recruit undisciplined thugs who will shiv you in the back or desert to the enemy as soon as they can. Tournament winners are fine, of course. Let's get a bit of swording in as well. seriously, recruiting prisonners seems like the best way of getting cutthroats with no loyalties to us where they really could do the most damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Suzaku posted:

Swords, Archery, and Polearms in a manner which gets us maxing Swords

These, except do offer pardons in exchange for service and wear the tabard when it is available.

(If we stay angry, I am pretty sure we can do it in four weeks: we'd want 2x Archery, 2x Polearms, (weeks 30 and 31) and then 4x Swords (weeks 32 and 33).)

• Locked thread