Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Say Nothing posted:

How?

GTA V gate glitch IRL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Captain Trips posted:

I know people from both Toledo and Sandusky who say they'll never go back except to visit family, and even then just for the major holidays.

I'm from a lovely little town up I-71 from here, and I've only been back there once in the six months since I moved to Columbus.

Toledo was the worst parts of rural and city living combined, with the exception of the Toledo Zoo which is kinda cool. Growing up there sucked and was boring as hell.

Like, you can't go do stupid poo poo in the woods with your friends because there aren't any goddamned woods, and you can't go saunter around downtown with your friends looking at cool poo poo because downtown Toledo is a rundown hellhole. The city is just a decaying husk and a ton of the buildings downtown are still there only because no one has bothered to demolish them. It's not even schadenfreude to look at how lovely Toledo is, it's just depressing.

I'm just lucky in that literally all of my childhood friends and my family have all escaped Toledo, so I never, ever have to go back to that place. Columbus is my adopted hometown because gently caress Toledo forever.

Magres has a new favorite as of 21:27 on May 1, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Imagined posted:

It's funny how almost every lovely state has the one little island of sanity. Texas has Austin, Oklahoma has Norman, Georgia has Athens, etc.

Alaska, Mississippi, and Alabama. :colbert:

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Imagined posted:

It's funny how almost every lovely state has the one little island college town of sanity. Texas has Austin, Oklahoma has Norman, Georgia has Athens, etc.

Fixed for clarity.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Chichevache posted:

Alaska, Mississippi, and Alabama. :colbert:

Alaska has Vancouver, BC...

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

KoRMaK posted:

I'm having a pretty good time in the hipster area of Cleveland.

That would be Tremont. Otherwise, you're missing out on most of the hipsterism Cleveland has to offer.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Warning: Achievement Hunter [Red vs Blue people]

So Achievement Hunter does two-player vs for games every week. You win, you get a belt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUQ06zkayVU

The way this one pans out though is great.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

Magres posted:

It's not even schadenfreude to look at how lovely Toledo is, it's just depressing.

I'm just lucky in that literally all of my childhood friends and my family have all escaped Toledo, so I never, ever have to go back to that place. Columbus is my adopted hometown because gently caress Toledo forever.

I dunno there's a lot of schadenfreude over the fact that Ohio and Michigan had a war over Toledo.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

edit:

Bomrek has a new favorite as of 23:41 on May 1, 2014

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

booshi posted:

I dunno there's a lot of schadenfreude over the fact that Ohio and Michigan had a war over Toledo.

Ohio "won" Toledo, that's schadenfreude enough.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
Somersault kisses are a viral trend in China right now. A successful attempt looks like this:

Most probably end up like this:

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Oh god, this one is beautiful. The way he throws his knee up to try and shove her up the rest of the way. :lol:

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

I could watch this all loving day.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

None of you fuckers are from Wooster, so I don't want to hear how bad you had it growing up in Toledo or whereverthehell that isn't Wooster. I'd have killed someone to have grown up in Toledo. :colbert:

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
Guy takes selfie with a squirrel.

He survived, this time.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

None of you fuckers are from Wooster, so I don't want to hear how bad you had it growing up in Toledo or whereverthehell that isn't Wooster. I'd have killed someone to have grown up in Toledo. :colbert:

Bitch I'm from Ashland, I would've killed to live somewhere the size of Wooster.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I could watch this all loving day.

As someone who can't hear the words "It's showtime!" without feeling intense dread, I love that loving gif.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Captain Trips posted:

Bitch I'm from Ashland, I would've killed to live somewhere the size of Wooster.

Well, poo poo. What's up Central Ohio buddy? :hf: I went to AU for two and a half semesters. That was after two semesters at College of Wooster and before I realized I wasn't cut out for college.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Well, poo poo. What's up Central Ohio buddy? :hf: I went to AU for two and a half semesters. That was after two semesters at College of Wooster and before I realized I wasn't cut out for college.

Same here, two semesters at AU before I realized I was taking religion classes to get a CompSci degree. :wtc:

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Can't believe you caught a picture of it in the wild like that.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Is that the dude's helmet that cracked off and is laying next to his head? :aaa:

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
All of you complaining about Ashland and Wooster ain't got anything on Mansfield (more properly, Ontario). The best thing there is a prison.

The schadenfreude is contained in those who don't leave.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Imagined posted:

It's funny how almost every lovely state has the one little island of sanity. Texas has Austin, Oklahoma has Norman, Georgia has Athens, etc.

Georgia has Atlanta. Athens is nothing compared to Atlanta. Just inside the perimeter, mind you. Nobody gives a drat about the suburbanites living OTP; they're all rich WASPs anyway.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Stonehenge: Requires the use of embalming fluid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7hkNRRz9EQ

Meredith: No it's was "Lenin's Tomb [the only one with a dead body]
Contestant: OF ALL PLACES?!?

Captain Lavender has a new favorite as of 04:43 on May 2, 2014

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Peanut President posted:

Alaska has Vancouver, BC...

Look at all these people never been to Juneau :colbert:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

Georgia has Atlanta. Athens is nothing compared to Atlanta. Just inside the perimeter, mind you. Nobody gives a drat about the suburbanites living OTP; they're all rich WASPs anyway.

Athens is where all the good bands come from though.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Stonehenge: Requires the use of embalming fluid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7hkNRRz9EQ

I think the best parts are Meredith's reactions. Sometimes she's just kind of genuinely disappointed and sympathetic, but most of the time she's more like: :stare: Wait, loving really? On the first question? I already had the next question loaded in my brain, what do I do now....

She's better at it than Regis was, he had no poker face at all. I think he laughed at a contestant at least once.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Imagined posted:

Athens is where all the good bands come from though.

Outkast :colbert:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I think the best parts are Meredith's reactions. Sometimes she's just kind of genuinely disappointed and sympathetic, but most of the time she's more like: :stare: Wait, loving really? On the first question? I already had the next question loaded in my brain, what do I do now....

She's better at it than Regis was, he had no poker face at all. I think he laughed at a contestant at least once.

I'll never forgive Regis for loving Norm Macdonald out of the million.

And it was for charity!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I sort of wish we had more details around this, as the guy at the top looks hosed no matter what happens with the boat.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Failure of the forward sling.

http://www.sail.ie/misc/oopsie.htm

http://www.cargolaw.com/2007nightmare_marquis.ride.html

quote:

This fine big powerboat was being craned on to the cargo vessel M/V Rickmers Dalian at Jebel Ali Port, Bahrain for delivery to the US in March 2007.

Note the guy in the top right, the port aft section. There is another fella, somewhere on board.

Life rings have been thrown to the two "passengers."

Both propellers have been ripped off the boat, which sank as a total loss.

It was a US-built Carver Marquis 55. One year old, US$1,450,500 when new.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Crawfish posted:

I sort of wish we had more details around this, as the guy at the top looks hosed no matter what happens with the boat.

Looks like he made it?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
My schadenfreude that you can laugh at is I dithered between trying to make a joke about how dumb the regionalism derail is and just posting the boat and then was beaten by somebody else, much to my chagrin.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I never felt a generation gap harder then when some guy had to call a friend when he didn't know what type of wood scares moths away or some poo poo. And this old loving man, Regis, would not stop giving the guy my age a hard time that he didn't know it. "You honestly don't know? You don't know what kind of wood repels moths? Don't waste your call on that come on dummy just answer it. Everyone knows this! Jeeze well it must have been how you were raised, I guess."

Yeah regis, I don't know what type wood scares moths away. I also don't know who makes the best polio braces and iron lungs. None of my clothes are even edible by moths and I've lived with air conditioning my whole life. Your stupid old man dinosaur knowledge is useless to me but go ahead and act like my parents failed me by not teaching me how to survive as a depression era cartoon bum who turns out his pockets and has moths fly out of them.

(It's ceder but who cares)

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Krinkle posted:

I never felt a generation gap harder then when some guy had to call a friend when he didn't know what type of wood scares moths away or some poo poo. And this old loving man, Regis, would not stop giving the guy my age a hard time that he didn't know it. "You honestly don't know? You don't know what kind of wood repels moths? Don't waste your call on that come on dummy just answer it. Everyone knows this! Jeeze well it must have been how you were raised, I guess."

Yeah regis, I don't know what type wood scares moths away. I also don't know who makes the best polio braces and iron lungs. None of my clothes are even edible by moths and I've lived with air conditioning my whole life. Your stupid old man dinosaur knowledge is useless to me but go ahead and act like my parents failed me by not teaching me how to survive as a depression era cartoon bum who turns out his pockets and has moths fly out of them.

(It's ceder but who cares)

Cedar. And you'll care a lot if you ever have any clothing or blankets made out of wool. The moths will find you, and your nice things will have holes in them.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

You heard the man! He's young! He doesn't need your stone-age knowledge, granddad.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

I don't speak Portuguese, but I guess two kids were smacking around another kid. Then this random bystander in the blue goes and wrecks one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBO76Y3zvqA

edit:
Here's an old classic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trrSXpZWhVc

A mouthy guy tries to get into a nightclub, and says very disrespectful things to the bouncer. Unbeknownst to the guy, the bouncer is former pro-kickboxer Michael Kuhr. Once the bouncer identifies himself and tells the kid that he is his the kid's brother's kickboxing coach and threatens to call him, the tone changes.

canyoneer has a new favorite as of 05:59 on May 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Deteriorata posted:

Cedar. And you'll care a lot if you ever have any clothing or blankets made out of wool. The moths will find you, and your nice things will have holes in them.

Urinal cakes contain 1,4-Dichlorobenzene, which is more effective and cheaper. A tip for the thrifty!

• Locked thread