Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Chapter 35 is up. :homebrew: Use that Auction House :homebrew:

Also why did his mom suddenly get info revealed and that fast delivery service is simply the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Mo_Steel posted:

Chapter 35 is up. :homebrew: Use that Auction House :homebrew:

Also why did his mom suddenly get info revealed and that fast delivery service is simply the best.

Holy poo poo what is up with the quality, it looks like they accidentally saved the images with 8-bit color quality.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 1, 2014

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!

XboxPants posted:

Holy poo poo what is up with the quality, it looks like they accidentally saved it into 8-bit color images.

It certainly looks that way. I mean I could see speech bubbles looking a little off because of having to replace text, but these are just awful. I'd recommend waiting for a release somewhere where they care about the image quality at least somewhat.

On the other hand if you wanna read a modern webcomic/manwha through the filter of the mid-90's era internet, by all means read it on mangajoy.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'll be honest, seeing a picture of that slave girl is pretty :smith:
I'd spend all your cash on books, Jee-han. Explosions sound useful and it's not like money is too much of a problem.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Eh, he really needs to learn some basic elemental magic. From there he seems like he can probably wing some solid magic, he just needs to know the trick of making elemental mana.

Also he needs to go learn from witch-girl.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

SerSpook posted:

Eh, he really needs to learn some basic elemental magic. From there he seems like he can probably wing some solid magic, he just needs to know the trick of making elemental mana.

Also he needs to go learn from witch-girl.

Yeah, given how he works learning the basics are always good. Learning more skills doesn't cost him time, just levelling them, and it might actually really help him weave together different abilities.

SSNeoman posted:

I'll be honest, seeing a picture of that slave girl is pretty :smith:
Yup

quote:

I'd spend all your cash on books, Jee-han. Explosions sound useful and it's not like money is too much of a problem.

Slave girl got slave'd (officialy) because of debt. I would be VERY careful with money if i was Jee-han.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Forget the sudden level, Legendary Housewife is one hell of a title. The titles so far have never lied or exaggerated, so Jee-han's mom is definitely a Big Deal.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Arkeus posted:

Slave girl got slave'd (officialy) because of debt. I would be VERY careful with money if i was Jee-han.

I'm almost 100 percent positive that this is the translators loving up. She was probably sold into slavery to pay off someone else's dept.

Exotria
Feb 21, 2011
I wager that his mom's been replaced by a shapeshifter who can't emulate her real level.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Another answer is job-changing. She may be a level 15 Legendary Housewife, but it doesn't mean she's not a level 99 God of Death too or some such.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
If I have learned anything from Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, it's that having a legendary mundane class means having an OP class that has loads of passives that feed into all the base stats. Basically her mastery of cooking means she's a master blade user/elementalist and etc. as well as having very good unique skills.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The real question is what are the bonuses from that title?

Also, that UFO is cool. It makes me want to buy stuff from the Abyss Auction.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Exotria posted:

I wager that his mom's been replaced by a shapeshifter who can't emulate her real level.

Gotta be honest, this was my initial reaction too. I don't think it's actually the case, but I also didn't expect that to get revealed so soon.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

He just needs to join Abyss Auction Prime and get his deliveries in two days for free. It's like $100.00 U.S. per year now, but it's worth it. I use it all the time for my magical items.

I keep wondering how he's paying for this stuff though. Does he have a debit card? I know he has the cash. Payabyss Pal?

BrilliantFool
Jan 23, 2007

Bravo.

Dan7el posted:

I keep wondering how he's paying for this stuff though. Does he have a debit card? I know he has the cash. Payabyss Pal?

He has a card.

Quad Cape
Dec 24, 2012
Putting his money in a bank was a bad move. The (Korean) IRS will get its pound of flesh.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I think we have two possibilities on his mom.

1. She has learned to hide her level now.

2. For some reason being a Legendary Housewife means that he has to level his ID Create skill in order to see her level/class.

As far as skills goes, it does seem different from the others. He even comments that he's tired, but shouldn't be, when he returns home.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

SerSpook posted:

I think we have two possibilities on his mom.

1. She has learned to hide her level now.

2. For some reason being a Legendary Housewife means that he has to level his ID Create skill in order to see her level/class.

As far as skills goes, it does seem different from the others. He even comments that he's tired, but shouldn't be, when he returns home.

I imagine it's tiring creating instances in instances. Fake world, fake home, fake mom.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
That quote at the beginning of the chapter is hilarious.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Revdomezehis posted:

On the other hand if you wanna read a modern webcomic/manwha through the filter of the mid-90's era internet, by all means read it on mangajoy.

Reading this on my phone so I didn't even notice.

If he can instantly learn skills by touching books, he should just go to the library and touch everything in the "how to" section.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Dr_Amazing posted:

If he can instantly learn skills by touching books, he should just go to the library and touch everything in the "how to" section.

Eh. I get skill fatigue in RPGs too when I have too many things to level up .

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Dr_Amazing posted:

Yay! :keke: I'm a level 2 Deck Refurbisher now!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Dr_Amazing posted:

He destroys the books when he learns them. He certainly could do that, but it's kind of a dick move.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Wittgen posted:

He destroys the books when he learns them. He certainly could do that, but it's kind of a dick move.

Used bookstore then. He's got enough money to buy a shitton of books from that kinda place.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

DrSunshine posted:

Yay! :keke: I'm a level 2 Deck Refurbisher now!

New Skill Unlocked: Thermite Crafting

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Never have i been so excited about reading about a guy ordering something through a website.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Would his power work on digitized books? Because that would solve the problem of consuming the book.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Slime posted:

Would his power work on digitized books? Because that would solve the problem of consuming the book.

It would probably delete the file off his Kindle or something. Or if it's public domain...

:getin:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Nondevor posted:

It would probably delete the file off his Kindle or something. Or if it's public domain...

:getin:

Worse, it would destroy his tablet.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's not really a matter of absorbing or destroying the information content of the book, it's just "using a consumable item". So unless his kindle has its own separate internal inventory screen I think it probably would destroy the tablet itself. Because that's the item he's using.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Worse, it would destroy his tablet.

Grind, get won drops, buy another tablet. v:v:v

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Grind, get won drops, buy another tablet. v:v:v

I just like the idea of every iPad he owns turning to dust as soon as he tries to read a course book.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Clarste posted:

It's not really a matter of absorbing or destroying the information content of the book, it's just "using a consumable item". So unless his kindle has its own separate internal inventory screen I think it probably would destroy the tablet itself. Because that's the item he's using.

It's not a true Korean MMO until you have unnecessary and overly complicated micromanagement, although I do like the image of Jee Han's tablet dissolving every time he finishes reading something.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Jee-Han doesn't automatically destroy every book he touches. He gets a prompt, with a help message if there are any negative effects.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I'm kind of surprised the books are so hard to come by. If they're normal books with magic information you'd think their would be a thriving copying and counterfeit community.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm kind of surprised the books are so hard to come by. If they're normal books with magic information you'd think their would be a thriving copying and counterfeit community.

Unless I'm mistaken, normal individuals and even people with "special powers" can't just use magic. The books themselves may be worthless from a practical context, but "The Gamer" power means that reading one magically (heh) provides access to abilities similar to what's described in the books?

I guess if that were the case Jee-Han could go to the library and research the occult for skills, though. Wait, he hasn't done that yet...

Edit: Skill gained: "By Xenu's Will!". +50 spellpower for the next spell, -10 wisdom for 24 hours.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I imagine they have to be legitimate mystical items for them to count as a skillbook. Plenty of MMORPGs have regular book items you can just read through after all.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

I'm looking forward to the summoning spells. I know he's becoming a bad rear end wizard, but whenever I see him in combat I think "Where's the meat shield?"

His friend keeps chastising him for not increasing his health and I think that's going to come up soon.

I really want to see him boost luck/wisdom/dex to see what they do. Or in general just go hybrid wizard/healer/something so he can sword poo poo to death as well as fire mana arrows.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Well, we had him learn some skills from a book early on, but mostly, he's learned skills on his own. "I think I'll learn how to twist my mana into a rope." Ding. "You learned rope mana level 1."

Why doesn't he just go, "I think I'll learn how to summon an earth elemental? And squeeze his eyes shut and concentrate. Ding. You leaned level 1 Earth Elemental Summoning. Instead of buying books off of eBysmal-Bay?

Just a thought. Also, I'm surprised his mom is only level 15. I'm assuming that the LEGENDARY in front of that means something like, a Legendary level 15 is equal to a normal level 75 or something ridiculous. I hope, anyway.

It is curious why he can finally read her level, though. I wonder if she forgot to turn on her anonymous switch this morning? Maybe she changed sides from Horde to Alliance? Hard to tell.

I would like to see him up his baseball bat bludgeoning skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Dan7el posted:

Why doesn't he just go, "I think I'll learn how to summon an earth elemental? And squeeze his eyes shut and concentrate. Ding. You leaned level 1 Earth Elemental Summoning. Instead of buying books off of eBysmal-Bay?

Well, as we've seen before, it's not quite that easy. He couldn't learn a dodge skill or a teleport by just trying, all he succeeded at was making a fool of himself. He could make Mana Rope because he got the basics of how to mold mana from previous experience, and he was branching off that. For the more out-there abilities, he seems to need something to build off of. I suspect once he gets Summon Earth Elemental he'll be able to mold it more precisely to his needs by training it in specific ways.