Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

It was deeply upsetting for me to hear Scott and Scott talk seriously and earnestly about 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Rest in peace, Harris Wittels.

I didn't get why they kept saying that, can someone elaborate?

Beeez
May 28, 2012

cams posted:

It was deeply upsetting for me to hear Scott and Scott talk seriously and earnestly about 9/11.

I think it was what finally allowed us to heal as a nation from those scars.

ManoliIsFat posted:

I didn't get why they kept saying that, can someone elaborate?

It was in one of the fan farts.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Beeez posted:

I think it was what finally allowed us to heal as a nation from those scars.

Scars are already healed tho.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Scars are already healed tho.

Too soon.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Beeez posted:

Too soon.

No, I mean, if you have a scar, that means the wound has healed. It can't be anymore healed.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

No, I mean, if you have a scar, that means the wound has healed. It can't be anymore healed.

Too soon.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Beeez posted:

It was in one of the fan farts.

They made the joke that Harris died in I think the Rattle & Hum episode.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

LoboLoboLobo posted:

I could see them having a format switch to a new topic and still calling it U Talkin U2 To Me?

They could just talk about this restaurant in Koreatown:

Larry Mullen Jr. opened it five years ago. It's a total money pit. I COOK? gently caress YOU. U COOK. I EAT.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Beeez posted:

Too soon.

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. OBAMA DID 9/11.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. OBAMA DID 9/11.

umm, 9/11 was way too successful for anything that Barack Hussein Obamacare could be responsible for.

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

I like Scott but I don't like Scott.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Analog posted:

I like Scott but I don't like Scott.

I'm the opposite

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

anotherone posted:

They made the joke that Harris died in I think the Rattle & Hum episode.
ohhh now that i think about it I definitely forgot to finish that one, thanks. He wasn't bad on who charted today. He is a dude I feel on a deep level, from the misanthropy to the raving and heavy drug use (don't understand phish at all, though)

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

Riptor posted:

I'm the opposite

I don't respect your taste in U2 experts.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I liked how the spent 15 minutes talking about fan art and describing it. Perfect for an audio medium.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Hi folks SquirtTV stopped me from committing suicide as a teen(in the 90's when being a teen MEANT SOMETHING) so please stop giving Jack "Old Fogey" Nest a hard time or else.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I like Scott and I also like Scott, but I feel like Scott can kind of be a dick sometimes.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Jake Fogelnest basically poo poo on all his midwest fans on the Little Esther show. I may be done with the Files.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Yet another scalp claimed by the trollmaster general.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Really surprised there wasn't a Donald Sterling segment on I4H. They alluded to it in the description and the whole clusterfuck just seems like something that would be in Besser's wheelhouse.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

On this week's Who Charted, Harris said the Hollywood Bowl episode is finally edited. All they need to do is sit down and record the Scott/Harris studio parts.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Wait was Fogelnest so busy shutting down this website that he forgot to put out an episode today or what

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

On this week's Who Charted, Harris said the Hollywood Bowl episode is finally edited. All they need to do is sit down and record the Scott/Harris studio parts.
Also this episode really made it sound like Harris indeed did have a life changing event at this concert and indeed did go to rehab and doesn't do drugs any more.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Beerdeer posted:

Jake Fogelnest basically poo poo on all his midwest fans on the Little Esther show. I may be done with the Files.

Don't blame him. He isn't making anyone live there. It sounds like he is performing a public service.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

cams posted:

Also this episode really made it sound like Harris indeed did have a life changing event at this concert and indeed did go to rehab and doesn't do drugs any more.

If that's true then Howard Kremer was being kind of a dick by constantly talking to him about drugs the entire episode.

Tacier fucked around with this message at 08:58 on May 2, 2014

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Tacier posted:

If that's true then Howard Kramer was being kind of a dick by constantly talking to him about drugs the entire episode.

I don't see it as dickish, he's just Too Howard to know better. Uncomfortable all the same.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Which ep of U Talkin U2 To Me? has the Harry Potter 'big beefy beautiful bears' clip?

edit: Nevermind! it's in Achtung Baby (episode 6), not to be confused with Achtung Baby? (episode 5).

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 04:25 on May 2, 2014

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Is Kremer still doing his "old man at the nightclub" thing 4 nights a week still

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
AV Club last week (maybe week before) said that U2 Talking to Me was the best new podcast and I don't know if they never listened to it or they are just in on the joke.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

GobiasIndustries posted:

Which ep of U Talkin U2 To Me? has the Harry Potter 'big beefy beautiful bears' clip?

edit: Nevermind! it's in Achtung Baby (episode 6), not to be confused with Achtung Baby? (episode 5).

ACHTUNG

Babaay!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Besson posted:

AV Club last week (maybe week before) said that U2 Talking to Me was the best new podcast and I don't know if they never listened to it or they are just in on the joke.

What joke? It IS the best new podcast. :confused:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

:black101: ACHTUNG

;-* baby

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

What joke? It IS the best new podcast. :confused:

The review made it seem like a straight up podcast about U2. They called the Achtung Baby parts 1 and 2 a marathon but didn't mention that part 1 was basically just a lot of dicking around. http://www.avclub.com/article/hang-and-listen-chats-different-kind-game-house-ru-203346

jakefogelnest
Jul 31, 2013

Beerdeer posted:

I specifically asked Earwolf to block people outside of New York and Los Angeles from listening to my show. Can you please tell me which state you live in so I can troubleshoot this with Earwolf tech support? Thank you.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I know everyone is supposed to HATE OTHER INTERNET FORUMS GRRRR THEY SO DUMB but the Chocktaw is doing an AMA on reddit on Wednesday if you want to ask him about The Edge or whatever.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

jakefogelnest posted:

I specifically asked Earwolf to block people outside of New York and Los Angeles from listening to my show. Can you please tell me which state you live in so I can troubleshoot this with Earwolf tech support? Thank you.

How come when this guy does it you guys get mad but when those HH fellas talk about those loving FLYOVER STATES you hooples just guffaw and slap your knee? Get your double standards straightened out.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Mob posted:

How come when this guy does it you guys get mad but when those HH fellas talk about those loving FLYOVER STATES you hooples just guffaw and slap your knee? Get your double standards straightened out.

Hayes and Sean explain complicated Hollywood concepts that us dumb flyover hicks aren't smart enough to know because they're helpful guys. Jared Foglenest is just a meanie who shills for lovely footlongs.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Holy poo poo, Harris was a Jeopardy clue today. I almost fell over when the clue popped up saying, "Harris Wittels' book..."

RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

On his instagram he humble bragged about it being the second time he was a clue!