Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Acer Pilot posted:

The foundry editor is up again.

What facts do you guys want to learn about for Bijor part 2? The humanitarian aid camps that the Cardassians setup or the space station that the Cardassians built for the Bijorans?

Definitely the former. Explain the truth to those FEMA death camp nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Bloodly posted:

I'm curious as to the kick. It's not a move I've seen.

Sweeping Strikes.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

Bloodly posted:

I'm curious as to the kick. It's not a move I've seen.

That is an Exploit attack that's exclusive to Rifle Butt. Pistols have their own melee Exploit, but larger weapons do not.

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks
So if your bars/doffs are constantly resetting, after assembling a buncha the anecdotal 'worked for me' fixes and looking for commonalities, and asking a few other people who were doing the same, here's what I did that finally made it stop for me.

Go to sector space (not in orbit somewhere)
Get all your stuff the way you want it
Make a loadout or save over one
Change ships
Change back
Your stuff should still be as you'd saved it, if not, start over
Zone into orbit or another sector zone

I'd done parts of that set of BS and it hadn't happened for a couple of days, but since doing that entire chain it hasn't happened at all.

Rotation Confusion fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 1, 2014

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

300 Earth Dollars posted:

So if your bars/doffs are constantly resetting, after assembling a buncha the anecdotal 'worked for me' fixes and looking for commonalities, and asking a few other people who were doing the same, here's what I did that finally made it stop for me.

Go to sector space (not in orbit somewhere)
Get all your stuff the way you want it
Make a loadout or save over one
Change ships
Change back
Your stuff should still be as you'd saved it, if not, start over
Zone into orbit or another sector zone

I'd done parts of that set of BS and it hadn't happened for a couple of days, but since doing that entire chain it hasn't happened at all.

That is pretty much how I fixed it. I wasn't working when I made a loadout on the original ship, but after switching to another one, making a loadout on it, they have stayed put. I haven't switched back though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's amazing how badly hosed loadouts are.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!
So I noticed Kinsha advertising another new channel since he was kicked from the other one. Of course I had to mention the far superior NoP Public Service. What happened then was quite the meltdown from Lake1771.

http://pastebin.com/aYqxC27M

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I have to say I'm kind of impressed with how good this game has gotten, relatively speaking. I played at release and quit right after S1, and I only lasted that long because I was hard-up for a Star Trek game. After hesitantly returning for LoR I've been continually surprised and impressed with the quality of the updates for both content and quality of life improvements (annoying bugs aside).

Their F2P model is outstanding and I never feel coerced into subscribing or spending money to keep up, which stands in contrast to something like SWTOR's punitive extortion model. The balance feels spot on for obtaining stuff; you can either work towards it in a reasonable amount of time and/or buy some zen with dil/cash to speed things up. I'm the cheapest of the cheap when it comes to spending real money on video game pixels, but even I've spent $5-$10 on zen around each update due to the lack of a subscription and the stream of decent content. It saves me time and I like supporting the continued development of the game.

Not sure what I'm getting at, it's just been neat watching this go from a terrible game with almost no appeal outside of its Star Trek IP to something I'd probably enjoy playing even if it wasn't Star Trek. If anyone's on the fence about trying it out, I'd say it's worth a shot.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah. It gets a lot of (sometimes well-deserved) mockery, but the game is honestly basically unrecognizable from its lovely launch state. The F2P scheme is easily one of if not the best MMO payment schemes on the market, yes even with the lockbox gambling crap, and there's a whole lot of intelligent game design and quality of life features that Cryptic's done that you really, really miss in other games. A single unified server, non-unique character names, the complete lack of endgame raiding-style bullshit, the fact they've managed to work with an endgame itemization that's almost entirely sidegrades rather than a constant treadmill, actually having a unique combat type as a main focus (space shooting), and so on. It's a massively underrated game and almost everyone I know whose tried it continues to play it off and on.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Asimo posted:

The F2P scheme is easily one of if not the best MMO payment schemes on the market.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of that. I was a subscriber to this game early in its lifespan (I forget which season, but I played while ground combat was still the usual MMO-style slog) and even though I'm F2P now, I really don't notice any features missing. The only thing I miss is extra bridge officer slots, but those aren't expensive (or even really necessary, I don't think) to unlock, it's an honest-to-god complete game without a subscription, which is nice to see in an MMO. I feel like most of the stuff you'd spend extra money on or unlock by subbing is cosmetic for the most part.

For QoL stuff, I love love love love love how all quests can be picked up/turned in just from a menu, no matter where you are in space. I play SWTOR too, and it's such a goddamn slog while leveling to hoof it around the map picking up quests and then returning to the questgiver to get your reward. I wish more games would copy STO in that regard.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Asimo posted:

Yeah. It gets a lot of (sometimes well-deserved) mockery, but the game is honestly basically unrecognizable from its lovely launch state. The F2P scheme is easily one of if not the best MMO payment schemes on the market, yes even with the lockbox gambling crap, and there's a whole lot of intelligent game design and quality of life features that Cryptic's done that you really, really miss in other games. A single unified server, non-unique character names, the complete lack of endgame raiding-style bullshit, the fact they've managed to work with an endgame itemization that's almost entirely sidegrades rather than a constant treadmill, actually having a unique combat type as a main focus (space shooting), and so on. It's a massively underrated game and almost everyone I know whose tried it continues to play it off and on.

The trait rework has also made ground combat a lot cooler to do since you no longer have to gimp yourself for space or ground.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I like the "sidegrade" aspect of max level. So sick of +1 mechanics in games, "just kill 100 more pigs so you can kill 1000 more hell pigs - they are red!". This way you have options and lets people who just hit max level to still perform decently in all the content or at least gear up incredibly quick if they have a few old items. Letting them focus on stuff they want to do.

And the art design has been the biggest improvement IMHO. From level design to game mechanics it's all fitting together and looking great doing it.

Bryaugh
Mar 7, 2004

Reinstalled this yet again to give it another shot. I want to try out the Romulus stuff but all my character slots are full. Would it take a long time to get enough PW bux to buy more slots by just doing ingame stuff?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nah, if you've already got multiple characters you should be able to grind up a character slot increase pretty fast.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Who is ready for an over abundance of dil? Because the dil weekend event has started:

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/5001333

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

JuffoWup posted:

Who is ready for an over abundance of dil? Because the dil weekend event has started:

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/5001333

TO THE CONTRA HANDIN OFFICER

all weekend

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

lovely bio posted:

lack of social skills

well this explains

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

MikeJF posted:

TO THE CONTRA HANDIN OFFICER

all weekend

I remember there being one in esd 1.0, where the hell did he go in esd 2.0?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Bijor Part 2 is under way!

I wonder what that foul Bijoran is planning to do to that helpless Cardassian!?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
So I haven't played in like a year and a half (I think? The last time I played they just finished the Jem'Hadar fleet popping out of the wormhole storyline) and I have no clue what the hell everything does anymore. :ohdear:

Also if I could get an invite to the goon channel (Peaches@Dutch_Rave_Hangar) that'd be great thanks.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

JuffoWup posted:

I remember there being one in esd 1.0, where the hell did he go in esd 2.0?

In the back right hand corner of OPs? Can't recall what the area is called but it's the next left after beam in, has the fancy waterfall wall in front. Dudes all the way in the back to the right.

Forget contra turn ins on dil weekend (not really) the real money is in saving all your omega marks and bnp's between dil events and then unlimited omega mark/bnp to dil turn ins. 2500 every 4 hours is cool and all but 750 every 20 seconds or so is so much sweeter.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Insert name here posted:

So I haven't played in like a year and a half (I think? The last time I played they just finished the Jem'Hadar fleet popping out of the wormhole storyline) and I have no clue what the hell everything does anymore. :ohdear:

Also if I could get an invite to the goon channel (Peaches@Dutch_Rave_Hangar) that'd be great thanks.

You're invited.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Someone wanna explain the hate-on for Bajor? I say this as someone who only caught part of DS9 in his youth. I don't remember them doing anything especially poor. Although that one docking officer on DS9 in-game is a jerk.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Bloodly posted:

Someone wanna explain the hate-on for Bajor? I say this as someone who only caught part of DS9 in his youth. I don't remember them doing anything especially poor. Although that one docking officer on DS9 in-game is a jerk.

I can't recall a single Bajoran in the show that wasn't a sanctimonious prick. Or at the least a dogmatic idiot clinging blindly to superstition. It doesn't help that the Cardassians were so much cooler.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Cyberball 2072 posted:

In the back right hand corner of OPs? Can't recall what the area is called but it's the next left after beam in, has the fancy waterfall wall in front. Dudes all the way in the back to the right.

Forget contra turn ins on dil weekend (not really) the real money is in saving all your omega marks and bnp's between dil events and then unlimited omega mark/bnp to dil turn ins. 2500 every 4 hours is cool and all but 750 every 20 seconds or so is so much sweeter.

It's 1500 for 3 bnp!

Bloodly posted:

Every Bajoran but Kira and Ro was pretty much terrible. Ro was also a traitor in the end.

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 2, 2014

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!
I come with gifts from the STO forums.

quote:

If Cryptic did something about trolls then a certain fleet would not exist.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1104911

Looks like a certain SSR DJ wants to buy a fleet.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1104881

Also people are STILL posting in Kinsha's thread where he whined about charging for access to stuff.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1085591&page=5

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bloodly posted:

The latest goon fad in STO is to idolize Dukat and demonize the Bajorans because in DS9 Dukat was a well written villain played by a charismatic actor and a lot of Bajoran characters were poorly written, abrasive, or otherwise not very likable.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Cythereal posted:

The latest goon fad in STO is to idolize Dukat and demonize the Bajorans because in DS9 Dukat was a well written villain played by a charismatic actor and a lot of Bajoran characters were poorly written, abrasive, or otherwise not very likable.

Not to mention the fact that Dukat was a hero to the Bajoran people. They were merely too shortsighted to see all that he could have provided them. Were it not for his leadership, the Bajorans would have never been able to stand on their own, and how do they repay Dukat? They call him a war criminal and slander his name at every opportunity.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

The only remotely tolerable Bajoran in the history of Star Trek is this guy

gently caress all the rest

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Technical Analysis posted:

Not to mention the fact that Dukat was a hero to the Bajoran people. They were merely too shortsighted to see all that he could have provided them. Were it not for his leadership, the Bajorans would have never been able to stand on their own, and how do they repay Dukat? They call him a war criminal and slander his name at every opportunity.

Realistically, this is a large part of Dukat's psychosis. He really did believe exactly this.

Weyoun is my favored villain from DS9, though. At least Dukat was condemned to an eternity of suffering at the end. Weyoun just keeps coming back.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

Realistically, this is a large part of Dukat's psychosis. He really did believe exactly this.

Uh, because it's true.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Weyoun is my favored villain from DS9, though. At least Dukat was condemned to an eternity of suffering at the end. Weyoun just keeps coming back.

Look at this spy. He's with the wormhole aliens now.

E: also it was true.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Bloodly posted:

They invaded Cardassian space with a sailboat and scream their way into political decisions that have nothing to do with them. People can claim it's poor writing if they want to, but they're pretty much just whiny assholes who happened to live next to a strategically important location and the show runs with that pretty hard.

Also it sounds like we have a non-believer in the thread. I think some re-education is in order.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Psychosis? Dukat was a great man, demonized by the head writing staff because the people at the top thought that having a sympathetic antagonist was too complicated for the standard Trek viewer.

Dukat did what he did for the betterment of the Cardassian and the Bajoran people. Do you not recall how he helped to foster an alliance between Bajor and the Dominion when they came through the wormhole, and yet, even as Kira and he were supposed to work together in their new alliance, she just couldn't let go of the anti-Cardassian propaganda put forth by the provisional Bajoran government. Propaganda that she should have realized was false after working with him.

EDIT: Psycho brings up a good point, the Bajorans were the initial aggressors, invading Cardassian space with their sail boats. The Cardassian government simply sought to free the Bajoran people from their horribly oppressive caste system. Another thing you can thank Dukat for. Were it not for his work with the Bajoran resistance against the then Bajoran government, people like Kira would have been nothing more than an artist, or a musician instead of letting her true ability as a soldier shine.

Technical Analysis fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 2, 2014

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
The Bajorans in game are whiny, insufferable shitheels that scream and rage about the indignity of hosting Starfleet and the KDF temporarily while they keep their ingrate asses alive and their planet safe. Let's not forget that the Prophets themselves tell us in the 2800 that they unleashed the Dominion on Bajor because they were getting sick of their preachy, useless bullshit, and felt they needed to be taught a lesson.

In the latest content, while trying to protect the Bajorans from infiltrators in their midst intending to wreak the same violence on them that the Bajorans unleashed on innocent Cardassian schoolchildren on a regular basis, the Bajorans grow agitated, like the children they are, and attack their would-be rescuers. Wait, what's that? Bajorans lashing out at better-educated, more civilized people endeavoring only to uplift them to a modern standard of decency and protect them, and the only sensible and moral thing is to put them down like the rabid dogs they are? Why, that sounds awfully like...

...Dukat was right.

If the implementation of Cardassian ideals and Cardassian order seems harsh, it is only because the savages of Bajor are so far from enlightenment, ensnared in the depths of superstition and radical religiosity. It is only after the, lamentably, violent suppression of the murderous Bajorans that their survivors can be reeducated into beings fit for entry into civilized galactic society.

Preechr fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 2, 2014

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Not to derail the Bajoran hate, cause seriously, it's not a fad, check out Kira in ds9 season 1. Terminal case of preachy oval office.

But... There's a new contender on the block, STO is great and all but it's far from "perfect."

https://www.perfectsto.com

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Because Of Bajor, that's why.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Preechr posted:

...Dukat was right.

This entire post sums it up very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augustus
Oct 10, 2004

God damn it.

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Not to derail the Bajoran hate, cause seriously, it's not a fad, check out Kira in ds9 season 1. Terminal case of preachy oval office.

But... There's a new contender on the block, STO is great and all but it's far from "perfect."

https://www.perfectsto.com

A private server?

• Locked thread