Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

I'm about ready to ditch this loving game. They had no public release date to meet for private servers, could delay as long as necessary in order to finally launch a feature that worked from the start. Instead we get more broke-as-poo poo functionality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
Oh no, I mean yesterday I noticed i wasn't on it at all, added my name again, my stats were from 2/14/14, so i updated them on bf4stats. I checked today, my name was gone again, I added my name, and my stats had updated.

Also, here's me playing Roller Coaster Tycoon God on Paracel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPvM7GfazDA

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Guided launchers are for pussies.

This was particularly satisfying as the guy flying was a Pro Pilot.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Chamber 9 posted:

Oh no, I mean yesterday I noticed i wasn't on it at all, added my name again, my stats were from 2/14/14, so i updated them on bf4stats. I checked today, my name was gone again, I added my name, and my stats had updated.

Also, here's me playing Roller Coaster Tycoon God on Paracel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPvM7GfazDA

If you listen close at the end, you can hear my jet avenging your death.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Chamber 9 posted:

Guys, if you drop off from inactivity, make sure you play a game and update your stats before re-registering for the site, lest it continue to see you as inactive and instantly re-drop you.

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008

Bagpuss_UK posted:

this is beautiful.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

It certainly explains the number of SRAWs that have shot me down lately. I'm eager to try out this easier way.

I'm learning to like Locker finally. Spawning with mortar and a bipod M249 allows me to lock down the outside. I wait for my teammates to run into resistance at C, then I start dropping mortars on the clustered bad guys trying to push outside C.

23 mortar kills in one round.

You people that enjoy playing inside are nuts.

That's an interesting way to look at things. I usually love priming C4 on B and/or hiding behind that big crate in the hallway at A that's in the flag capture radius. It's hilarious hearing a couple of guys looking for the lone enemy soldier that's preventing them from capping the flag. Either my pubby team storms in which lets us keep the flag, or I start re-capping it the second they leave.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Wow, that explains a lot; I don't lead with the RPG _nearly_ enough. Thanks!

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0X84wTcQYU
custom music on sharefactory is great.

chaymie fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 1, 2014

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I don't care how late I am to figuring this out, but god drat is the MP7 awesome.

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
I'm really going to enjoy the OP LOCK / OP METRO servers.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Chamber 9 posted:

that was actually unintentional. :( I did enjoy trolling phentyn though with the SMAW. I'm getting used to 69% sensitivity now so hopefully i will be able to up it to 100%
Speaking as phentyn, that was awesome. Also it was great how organically a joke 2v2 game turned into an actual fun contest over the course of a couple of hours.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Hahahahaha and already banned from a server. For clearing out the admins from the camper tower on Zavod repeatedly since they kept hiding in the same corners. And teabagging them every time :shrug:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

red19fire posted:

Hahahahaha and already banned from a server. For clearing out the admins from the camper tower on Zavod repeatedly since they kept hiding in the same corners. And teabagging them every time :shrug:

I guess they felt the need to kick anyone that was giving them any opposition.

That loving team we were on might have been the worst I have ever seen :stare: It seriously felt like 5 on 32 sometimes because absolutely no one outside of our squad would even try and take objectives towards the end.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
3 bomber ribbons is the worst loving thing. Why did you do this Dice?

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
See also: "10 Commander Leadership ribbons".

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Chalupa Joe posted:

Play with a friend and have him keep accepting your orders over and over.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Chalupa Joe posted:

I've been Commanding from the toilet for nearly 5 months and I have 1 of those ribbons. An entire squad will be defending an objective already...literally sitting on it the entire match and the squad leader will continually reject the order to defend. People do not know about accepting orders, or squad perks....or pretty much anything besides right trigger shoots gun at mans.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I think its because there is literally no explanation regarding a lot of poo poo in this game that is pretty significant.

Like I only figured out the other day how to GIVE squad orders as commander.

All the lovely useless tooltips that show up should be replaced with IF YOU'RE THE loving SQUAD LEADER, loving SPOT THE loving CAPTURE POINTS TO DIRECT YOUR loving SQUAD TO loving DEFEND OR loving ATTACK. gently caress.

and the evacuation order showing up as a distance value in a 00.00 format. What the gently caress? why would you choose a format that easily resembles TIME? and not only that, it doesnt tell you what it is, just that there might be some enemies from somewhere....maybe.

I mean I have been playing this game since launch, and BF3 since launch, and there is still poo poo I discover that is moderately important to gameplay.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I deny orders purely out of spite. Also no setting orders because it clogs up the map, until i accidentally set one while spamming spot

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Owen Wilsons Nose posted:

I've been Commanding from the toilet for nearly 5 months and I have 1 of those ribbons. An entire squad will be defending an objective already...literally sitting on it the entire match and the squad leader will continually reject the order to defend. People do not know about accepting orders, or squad perks....or pretty much anything besides right trigger shoots gun at mans.

You have to accept orders, I did not know that. I just did things.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Stingers are now obsolete. SRAWs are the best anti-helicopter gun now. Join server, immediately nuke a 5man airboat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK8RN174KS4

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Fateo McMurray posted:

Stingers are now obsolete. SRAWs are the best anti-helicopter gun now. Join server, immediately nuke a 5man airboat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK8RN174KS4

That is so much simpler. I wonder when/why they buffed the follow time on the rocket.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Also, did they change how much damage crashing a helicopter does to it? That last helicopter I shoot down was bouncing off so many buildings and the ground and kept on trucking.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

You have to accept orders, I did not know that. I just did things.

The whole orders thing, while conceptually is great, is implemented in such a way that there's never any incentive to use it, and there's nothing to explain how even if you wanted to. I assume that accepting orders is just a matter of bringing up the commrose and selecting "affirmative". But the times I've had a leader or commander issuing orders, and I've done that (or occasionally "negative", if I'm clear the other side of a map and busy with something), there's no indication that I've successfully followed an order, and no highlight in the score that it made any difference. Does it even make a difference if you're successful in completing an order, versus just agreeing to do it? Add to that getting voluntold that you're squad leader without ever knowing it until you start shouting to attack/defend this objective, when all you're trying to do is spot some bad guys... it's a mess.
A better system would be if an order gets issued, say "attack this objective", you run there, and if you gain control, you get bonus points. For defend, if an objective starts getting taken, you kill the attackers and regain control of it to get points. No "affirmative" and just stay in your wookie hole and don't even attempt to do what the order asks.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Yeah it shows up on your screen like your kills/objective taking do...

And the little green bar above your name goes up and you get great perks like fixing/healing aura, extra things that go boom, making your dorito go away faster....amazing!

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
New 'bone update today, no announcement on what changed yet.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

And the little green bar above your name goes up and you get great perks like fixing/healing aura, extra things that go boom, making your dorito go away faster....amazing!

This I've seen, but I wonder if you get extra points for agreeing to things.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Laserface posted:

All the lovely useless tooltips that show up should be replaced with IF YOU'RE THE loving SQUAD LEADER, loving SPOT THE loving CAPTURE POINTS TO DIRECT YOUR loving SQUAD TO loving DEFEND OR loving ATTACK. gently caress.
The fact they rarely ever do it on accident also shows how often pubbies use the spot button. :allears:

Also found a fantastic Metro server with restrictions on explosives. The admin was actively kicking those people who liked to squat behind the desks and just lob LVG's all game long. So people were lobbing flashbangs, smoke and flares instead. It was loving great when there was ~60 people getting with the idea and turning the every firefight into a spray-and-pray rave. :pcgaming:

Big McLargeHuge
Jan 2, 2001

Lebanon LOL

sbaldrick posted:

This I've seen, but I wonder if you get extra points for agreeing to things.

If you're part of the squad and perform actions, yes, you get extra points. Extra points for shooting mans in defend/attack location, extra points for capping a point. Totally worth it.

Also, I was about to lay down cash money on premium after I couldn't join goon server because I didn't have expansions. Then I see they honked up the rent-a-servers, so I'm going to continue to hold off on it.

:dice: happens.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
So I made a discovery the other day. It's not as great as I thought it might have been - at first I thought I found a way to cook off grenades before throwing.

Alas, no, it just delays the throw, but now you can at least aim them better.

When you tap the grenade button, press and hold the fire button; release to throw. Because :dice:, you will appear to others to be throwing grenade after grenade until you let fly, but it works.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
PS4CE! Hop on Sperg Central!

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
The beta squad join feature is out which lets you join up with friends before starting a game like BF3.

What's the over-under on how soon they take it down?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Chekans 3 16 posted:

PS4CE! Hop on Sperg Central!

OK! Soon. Gonna make dinner first.

Now that you mention it, I have seen the Squad Order bonus when I'm capping/defending an objective. All that green stuff though... I can barely even see it in screenshots, let alone during live play, so I tend to not pay attention to it. I got used to playing with no HUD from years of just playing hardcore on CoD, so I do have a bit of a problem with ignoring all "nice to know" stuff around the screen periphery. So yeah, more my problem than the game's problem...

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Linedance posted:

Now that you mention it, I have seen the Squad Order bonus when I'm capping/defending an objective. All that green stuff though... I can barely even see it in screenshots, let alone during live play, so I tend to not pay attention to it. I got used to playing with no HUD from years of just playing hardcore on CoD, so I do have a bit of a problem with ignoring all "nice to know" stuff around the screen periphery. So yeah, more my problem than the game's problem...

Thought I might also point out that, as Squad Leader, you get bonus points if your squad follows your orders. For example, you say 'Dudes, go capture A', and they do? You get a bonus for your folks listening to you.

Similar deal for Commander orders; if you (as Commander) order a squad to attack A, and the squad leader accepts the order, and they capture A, the Commander and the Squad Leader gets a Order Followed bonus, and the squad gets a Squad Order bonus.

Basically, issuing and following orders is the squad leader's version of spotting- and they should spot too.

I just wish the hell that you could turn off the "spot a CP to make it an order" deal. I just wanted to spot that damned trooper, game!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

If any XBoneBros are around and feel like playing, I'm on now.

Also, looks like emblems work now.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 2, 2014

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/05/introducing-squad-join-beta/
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/05/introducing-squad-join-beta/

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Are server banners working for anyone? Seeing as how I can't upload mine, I can't tell if it's me or if it's :dice:

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Well that was a good run of remaining un-SeedgeStabbed. Should have just blown up. :sadfan:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Private servers are back.

Chemmy, fellow boners, we gonna do dis?

• Locked thread