Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I'm guessing that would work with Enter Sandman as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

cronox2 posted:

I'm guessing that would work with Enter Sandman as well?
Not exactly, as Enter Sandman was never actually exported from RB1 to the later games. But it totally exists as a CON, as a convert from either RB1 or GH:M I believe.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

pksage posted:

I wouldn't discuss doing this for DLC that's still available, because Harmonix is cool and deserves your money (and we strictly don't allow :files: on C3), but you're not totally screwed. If you have a friend with that song, you can use C3 CON Tools to convert it from LIVE to CON and play it as a custom. Just have them copy it to a flash drive, grab it with Party Buffalo like any other Rock Band song package, and send it to you.

Is it possible to do this with Wii DLC files as well?

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Is it possible to do this with Wii DLC files as well?

The C3 CON Tools include a tool to convert CON files to Wii, so if you can find someone with the original Xbox DLC (or someone who already has it as a CON) you can convert it to Wii yourself. If you mean taking Wii files and converting them to run on a 360, that's a bad idea; they'll sound like poo poo and a lot of other data will be lost too.

TrojanNemo gets all of the credit for the amazing Swiss-army-knife-ness of C3 CON Tools, he put so much love and attention into that app.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
After running into the 256 song limit bug (that strangely persisted after loading all those onto the hard drive until I deleted the song cache) I've now been catching up on releases. Jesus, guys. Fun to play, awesome picks (those GBA songs!), truly extending the life of RB.

Anyone know much about the PC clone coming out?

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

pksage posted:

If you mean taking Wii files and converting them to run on a 360, that's a bad idea; they'll sound like poo poo and a lot of other data will be lost too.

That's what I meant, sort of. I was curious to know if the tools would let me convert the DLC into a format Phase Shift could understand.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

That's what I meant, sort of. I was curious to know if the tools would let me convert the DLC into a format Phase Shift could understand.

C3 CON Tools also has a Phase Shift converter! Takes any LIVE or CON file and makes it into a Phase Shift package.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

pksage posted:

C3 CON Tools also has a Phase Shift converter! Takes any LIVE or CON file and makes it into a Phase Shift package.

Right, but going Wii>CON>Phase Shift will end up with a lovely product (because hahaha Wii). Still, it's a really cool tool! I love the stuff you guys put out.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Minidust posted:

Not exactly, as Enter Sandman was never actually exported from RB1 to the later games. But it totally exists as a CON, as a convert from either RB1 or GH:M I believe.

It's an export of Enter Sandman from RB1. Or at least the one I have is. Somebody probably got a hold of it from a demo kiosk way back when HMX was still doing promotion. Memories are fuzzy but I remember that they could play any song regardless of licensing issues, so long as it was on the HDD. I think. Fuzzy.

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Anyone know much about the PC clone coming out?

This is extremely intriguing to me and I would love more info.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
If it's not Phase Shift, I have no idea what it is. Google only mentions projects that died in 2012 or earlier.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

After running into the 256 song limit bug

If I was a mod I would make suggesting Party Buffalo and even mentioning Party Buffalo a probatable offense in this thread.
Nobody use Party Buffalo. No. Never. The 256 song "bug" is as fictional and persistent as fan death.
It is a bug inherent to Party Buffalo itself, which is why you should not use the program.
:siren:Use USBXTAFGUI.:siren:
This has been a public service announcement to everyone still playing RB3 out there. If you use Party Buffalo, you are an affront to funhaving. You are the people who pick the default player names in Pokemon. You are the people who play Smash Bros with items turned off. Obama will release a presidential directive that you can't have fun anymore, and will provide subsidies for your bullying.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

Orange Harrison posted:

Used it ONE time, it destroyed my USB key's Xbox file structure.

As a guy who probably, in the Rock Band community, has transferred more times and more files than anyone else on an Xbox USB key, I endorse Party Buffalo. :) In these 3 years of use I had my keys crap out on me only 2 times and mainly because I removed them without properly closing the session. But I will also add that "what works for you is what works for you", so if you have a software that has been good to you, stick to it. ;)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Orange Harrison posted:

You are the people who play Smash Bros with items turned off.

Good post. I did end up getting USBWTFGUI and I have played Smash with no items. :v:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orange Harrison posted:

Where does one find it :v:? Google leads to 2010 results, recent results are all spyware-laden crap.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Orange Harrison's opinions are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the Customs Creators Collective. (Those official opinions, of course, are "default player names help immerse you in the deep and engaging lore of the Pokémon games" and "items are crutches for scrubs who cannot bring the heat".)

C3 releases for May 2, 2014:

New! Blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants and Jacket (RyanHYK)
  • Blink-182 - "Anthem Part Two"
  • Blink-182 - "Online Songs"
  • Blink-182 - "Happy Holidays, You Bastard"
  • Blink-182 - "Story of a Lonely Guy"
  • Blink-182 - "Roller Coaster"
  • Blink-182 - "Reckless Abandon"
  • Blink-182 - "Everytime I Look for You"
  • Blink-182 - "Give Me One Good Reason"
  • Blink-182 - "Shut Up"
  • Blink-182 - "Please Take Me Home"

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

pksage posted:

Orange Harrison's opinions are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the Customs Creators Collective. (Those official opinions, of course, are "default player names help immerse you in the deep and engaging lore of the Pokémon games" and "items are crutches for scrubs who cannot bring the heat".)

• Blink-182 - "Shut Up"
I like the idea of song packs that entice people to buy Harmonix DLC to go with them :)
The RBHP also has this effect and it's great.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

pksage posted:

• Blink-182 - "Shut Up"
I didn't recognize any of those song names, then I watched the preview video and realized that I pretty much know ALL the songs. Lots of simple-and-fun harmonies here. Thanks!

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug

pksage posted:

• Blink-182 - "Shut Up"

As a child of the 90s, I love every single last one of you. This is incredible.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Manuel Calavera posted:

Where does one find it :v:? Google leads to 2010 results, recent results are all spyware-laden crap.

Yeah this. I would love to grab it but all the google results are really questionable. Anyone mind providing a safe link?

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

farottone posted:

Used it ONE time, it destroyed my USB key's Xbox file structure.

You wait until your drive isn't flashing before taking it out. The program's one downside is there's no indicator that it's transferring.

ApexAftermath posted:

Yeah this. I would love to grab it but all the google results are really questionable. Anyone mind providing a safe link?
I've always used the first google result, which I deliberately didn't link to because I'm unfamiliar with the site and didn't want to inadvertently link to a warez site in case it was one.

pksage posted:

"items are crutches for scrubs who cannot bring the heat".
Funhaving and tourney-ruling are on opposite ends of the spectrum if you know what I mean. :spergin:

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 3, 2014

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Orange Harrison posted:

Funhaving and tourney-ruling are on opposite ends of the spectrum if you know what I mean. :cheeky:

I don't, but this really isn't the thread for that.

My girlfriend's excited for the Blink songs, so you all have gotten another fan excited for the continued life of Rock Band; I hope you never quit.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Orange Harrison posted:

Is there a way to inject a batch of multiple files in USBXTAFGUI, short of doing folder-based tomfoolery?

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

I just put the two windows on separate sides of the screen and drag and drop them.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Orange Harrison posted:

I just put the two windows on separate sides of the screen and drag and drop them.

I think Alien Rope Burn and I encounter the same problem---if you drag and drop a whole bunch of files at once into the software, it reads forever like it's moving all of them but only actually moves one file. For me, at least, I have to drag and drop them individually onto the stick.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Orange Harrison posted:

I do the same and it's all you need to do.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Ah, okay, I was trying to do it through the Inject menu, which only lets you do them one at a time. I'll try that out the next time I'm adding songs!

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
This is only tangentially related due to it being Harmonix, but holy poo poo! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/harmonix/amplitude

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Behonkiss posted:

This is only tangentially related due to it being Harmonix, but holy poo poo! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/harmonix/amplitude

Indeed, my heart, my heart.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

From AAA titles to mobile games to Kickstarter. HMX seems to be traveling backwards through the evolutionary chain of game devs.
On the other hand Methodis must be in a comment thread somewhere causing an amusing shitstorm.

Edit: vvv Fuckin called it

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 5, 2014

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Kaboobi posted:

Well I just got this message out of the blue?

Man, I can smell the nostalgia off thinking about Methodis.

Smells like a litterbox.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Hey guys, a friend of mine is just now getting into Rock Band 3 after only playing Beatles Rock Band for years, and wants to know what songs to buy from the DLC store. Send any/all recommendations for someone who likes to play Guitar on Easy/Medium. Thanks! :)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Binowru posted:

Hey guys, a friend of mine is just now getting into Rock Band 3 after only playing Beatles Rock Band for years, and wants to know what songs to buy from the DLC store. Send any/all recommendations for someone who likes to play Guitar on Easy/Medium. Thanks! :)

What kind of music do they like? The Cars and Boston albums are both fun without getting too complicated.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

What kind of music do they like? The Cars and Boston albums are both fun without getting too complicated.

Her favorite album is the Almost Famous soundtrack, would be the best clue I could give you. So, metal wouldn't be a good choice, but anything in the classic rock category, or anything catchy and poppy would be good.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Binowru posted:

The Who, Boston, Cars, REO/Styx, Iron Maiden, Queen, Bowie, and Oasis packs are pretty much all classic staples, and are super cheap.

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 5, 2014

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Kaboobi posted:

The Who, Boston, Cars, REO/Styx, Iron Maiden, Queen, Bowie, and Oasis packs are pretty much all classic staples, and are super cheap.

These are all good choices.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

If she likes the classic Beatles stuff, I'd recommend The Zombies tracks. There's also Elton John, David Bowie, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers Band, and Simon & Garfunkel tracks, though I think the only exact song from that soundtrack is Skynyrd's "Simple Man".

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My recommendation would be to not be afraid to stop and listen. You'd be surprised how many songs you don't recognize by name, but then you listen to a 30 second clip and it's like "I NEED THIS NOW"

Also don't get singles until you know for sure you don't want the pack. Particularly for the larger packs like The Who.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.

Behonkiss posted:

I came to this thread to see if this had been posted, because not enough people have given them money. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'd give them money if I had either Sony console, but since that's probably never gonna happen...

• Locked thread