Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

Here's my Battleship Lorenzen story.

One time I went to a Giants game when it was snowing out and in pregame practices Lorenzen was casually tossing balls into the third deck from the 50 yard line.

That is the end of my Battleship Lorenzen story.

That is one way the nfl could really learn from the AFL: backup QBs tossing bombs to the cheap seats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Chris Gaines posted:

Philip Rivers Cuomo

I think you mean Philip Rivers Romo :smug:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chichevache posted:

That is one way the nfl could really learn from the AFL: backup QBs tossing bombs to the cheap seats.

Jamarcus would get a contract so quickly. Especially if you were allowed to pelt the other sideline with snowballs.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

swickles posted:

Jamarcus would get a contract so quickly. Especially if you were allowed to pelt the other sideline with snowballs.

Goodall would be forgiven for absolutely everything if he made a rule change that teams on the sidelines can throw snowballs after the snap.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Holy fuckin poo poo

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Holy fuckin poo poo

Hahahah I didn't even see that until you posted it

Holy poo poo DangerKat

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Holy poo poo that's amazing

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

You guys missed the easiest one of those

Jordan Cameron Jordan

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
It's like a first name sandwich

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Michael Sam Hurd

most interesting news cycle

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Who was that dude who sang that song about the Bizmarck?

Johnny Horton?

Too bad Lorenzen doesn't lend it self to rhyming.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

BlindSite posted:

What are you talking about?

Resendin
Mendin

Just drop the g sound on an ing word and lorenzen rhymes with a lot of poo poo.

Oh I'm just pretendin
Nothing like Lorenzen
I weight a buck-98
But his size is very great

The QB who ducked down
and threw the bomb, 300 pound
and the champ of being that
the quarterback who's really fat.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

BlindSite posted:

Who was that dude who sang that song about the Bizmarck?

Johnny Horton?

It doesn't have to rhyme. I already did song lyrics for him one page ago

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Now these guys are all done.

The previous two.

If you click on them it takes you to the picture on imgur and then you can click again for big and then again for very big (3000 × 1500).

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Owns.

Make 'em fat guys and you'll win that challenge easily.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Dude those are awesome. Rock Island, Canton and the Dayton Triangles are so good.

And even though I hate the Seahawks thing you kinda got going on with the Yellow Jackets it's still pretty good

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Fat dude contest will end Monday evening, so everyone has some time to work on it.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Rap posted:

Dude those are awesome. Rock Island, Canton and the Dayton Triangles are so good.

And even though I hate the Seahawks thing you kinda got going on with the Yellow Jackets it's still pretty good

Do you mean like this or is there something else you're talking about?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Darth Brooks posted:

Do you mean like this or is there something else you're talking about?

I actually mean the all-grays as away uniforms and just the general feel of all three. Seemed more in line with the Seahawks than say the super-classic 3-color uniforms like the Browns, Bears or Steelers. Not that there's anything wrong with that!!

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Frankford was an odd one to do. I had read that their original uniforms looked like this:

Which lead to this really ugly retro worn by Philadelphia

I guess there's some question if that's actually Frankford or the first Philadelphia Eagles uni. I ended up using the blue and yellow but I tried making something that looked lived-in and had gone through some development.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Yellow Jackets look a lot like the current Jags uniform with the shoulder colors and whatnot. I think the best ones out of the new bunch in the Maroons and Rock Island. Maroons look like the Tampa scheme done right and the Independents are just a classic style.

The Oorang Indians...that color looks like they took the uniform offroading on a muddy day. The Steam roller treads are a cool idea, though I wonder if straight up and down was the best placement. How to they look on the shoulders or horizontally?

Also have some NFL pokemon

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/05/nfl-pokemon.html

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Now, when you say "really ugly retro"...

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Darth Brooks posted:

I guess there's some question if that's actually Frankford or the first Philadelphia Eagles uni. I ended up using the blue and yellow but I tried making something that looked lived-in and had gone through some development.

The answer is both -- the Eagles used Frankford's last design as one of their first.

Rodrigo Diaz
Apr 16, 2007

Knights who are at the wars eat their bread in sorrow;
their ease is weariness and sweat;
they have one good day after many bad
I really like the home and away Indep uniforms, but the alternates seem a little plain. Still, that shade of green is really attractive.

I do really like the alternates for Triangles, Bulldogs, and Maroons though. The stripe on the Triangles is the kinda thing that makes their kit really pop.

That said, I don't think the typeface for the Maroon numbers looks right. It looks a little too... Calligraphic? Embellished? Having trouble finding the right word, but all their other text is no-nonsense sans-serif stuff and the numbers look like they came from the 18th century.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

The numbers on the Maroons are the same font as on the helmet. The "M" comes from a patch the NFL put out and I strongly suspect they didn't really used it while the team was playing. When you're doing this many designs there's a tendency to grab at any even semi related design element and run with it.

I see the resemblance between Frankford and the Jags. I wasn't happy with the first version of Frankford,

I ended up reworking the idea a lot.

If anyone has ideas like Febreeze's idea with Providence's tire treads, share it. Febreeze had the idea of making a contest out of making designs and then turning them into (or having me turn them into) "real" uniforms. I like the idea, maybe it's something we can do after the draft.

Also, if anyone wants to play with the template, it's here: http://darth-brooks.deviantart.com/art/Doug-Martin-Template-450283476

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
God drat most of those are so awesome. my main idea is that you make me a hoodie of the horizontal-stripe Bulldogs uniform then give it to me for free. THanks

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Febreeze posted:

The Yellow Jackets look a lot like the current Jags uniform with the shoulder colors and whatnot. I think the best ones out of the new bunch in the Maroons and Rock Island. Maroons look like the Tampa scheme done right and the Independents are just a classic style.

The Oorang Indians...that color looks like they took the uniform offroading on a muddy day. The Steam roller treads are a cool idea, though I wonder if straight up and down was the best placement. How to they look on the shoulders or horizontally?

Also have some NFL pokemon

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/05/nfl-pokemon.html

These are all fantastic but I think I like Machamp Bailey the best. Brandon Weedle is a close second due to the hilariously goofy expression on his face.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
All this Manziel talk and we've forgotten our old hero

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the-forgotten-prince/

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Febreeze posted:

Hooray Jesus.

Something about how Tebow is drawn is really cool. Not sure what it is.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Athanatos posted:

Hooray Jesus.

Something about how Tebow is drawn is really cool. Not sure what it is.

I imagine it's that he refuses to shower because he's run out of spare eye black strips, and he can't go through life without them on.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Febreeze posted:

Is that a cock'n'balls symbol on the laptop?!? :allears:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
He's drowning his sorrows with seltzer water. Beautiful.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
My incredible self importance is amazed there isn't a joke about me somewhere in there

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

What a slob, look at all that sock on the floor.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My incredible self importance is amazed there isn't a joke about me somewhere in there

Mine is convinced that I inspired the title so at least we can be jerks together :hf:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

EVGA Longoria posted:

I'd like to propose (and bankroll) the next Farthouse contest:

Fat Dudes doing Football Things

Football is great. Fat Dudes playing Football are The Best. Nothing brings a smile to a football fan's face like a fat dude playing football.

Let's celebrate this with fat dude football projects. No restrictions on the type of media (song lyrics, video, ms paint, photoshop, something even better?????). Just celebrate fat dudes doing football things.

3 Winners will receive the forums certificate of their choice.

Oh my god, Becky. Look at his arm! It's so big! He looks like one of those rap guy's friends. Who understands those rap guys? They only talk to him because he looks like a total star. I mean, his arm, it's just so big. I can't believe it's so buff and like out there, I mean pssh, gross! Look, he's just so black!

I LIKE BIG QUARTERBACKS AND I CANNOT LIE!
You other pundits can't deny.
That when a QB walks in with an 4.1 40 dash
And a spiral in your face
You get sprung,
wanna grab your clipboard
'Cause you notice that bicep was stuffed
Deep in the jersey he's wearing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh heisman, I wanna get with you
And take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me
But that arm you got makes me so hyper
Ooh, mobile risk-taker
You say you wanna get in my Benz?
Well, wow me, wow me
'Cause you ain't a 3rd-rounder
I've seen them playin'
To hell with tradin' (down)
He's sweat, wet,
Got it throwin' like a turbo 'Vette
I'm tired of magazines
Sayin' dink'n'dunk's the thing
Take the average black man and ask him that
He gotta unleash the dragon
So, fellas! (Yeah!) Fellas! (Yeah!)
Has your QB got the arm? (Hell yeah!)
Tell 'em to go deep! (Go deep!) Go deep! (Go deep!) Go deep! (Go deep!)
Throw that dragon deep!
QB got arm!

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
He's wet? :gonk:

I'm sure this is easier to put on than anything I've done recently. It's just that white that's so difficult to keep pure while working with other colors.

Throwback - Minnesota Vikingss

Hmn go green or go blue for the Packers next week? Well at least I have time to think about it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

There is a place between seasons.
If you find yourself there,
the breeze, the draft
is the signalling of the coming fall.

Sprouts shoot forth to thrive and die
for soon the winter comes.

In the seed there is no certainty
and the tall oaks from earlier years
swallow the Sun
for there is only one Tom Brady.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

animeluva1 posted:

He's wet? :gonk:

I'm sure this is easier to put on than anything I've done recently. It's just that white that's so difficult to keep pure while working with other colors.

Throwback - Minnesota Vikingss

Hmn go green or go blue for the Packers next week? Well at least I have time to think about it.

This is awesome. I seriously think NFL cheerleaders should do these for their respective teams at games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Wilford Cutlery posted:

This is awesome. I seriously think NFL cheerleaders should do these for their respective teams at games.

That's lame. Make the players do it and fine them when they don't.

• Locked thread