Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Morand posted:

So I am in the mood for a Skype game tomorrow night. Anyone else interested?
I am! I don't have PMs. Want me to PM you on hcrealms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?

Morand posted:

If I have nothing going on tomorrow night, I might definitely be up for one... Any rules for it?

Also, round 3 of AVX tonight was me against the guy running Avengers prime. He kept wanting me to run out and attack him, but I waited three turns, even passing one, before he finally came out with the avengers. He used the Running Shot to attack Cable and wipe him out in a single turn due to using their perplex to up their damage. At that point, Cyclops used RS and the bolstered attack value from Cable going out (the judge made a rule for the night that when one character goes down, you can permanently increase a single stat by 1 for your whole team) allowed him to nail the AP for quite a bit. He outwitted their indomitable so that they couldn't do another action and Marvel Girl TK'd him back to safety. Next White Phoenix Hope rushed out, blasted them and then ran back to hiding. Next turn, his whole team cleared. Cyclops ran out again and blasted AP and White Phoenix Hope did the same. It knocked them out of the game completely leaving only his Scarlet Witch. She attempted to shoot Cyclops twice, and failed. Cyclops then nailed her for 4-5 and finished the game.

I'm glad that I actually won something this month as opposed to going the past 3 with little to no luck.

Still didn't get an Iron Man or the Dark Phoenix Cyclops. Oh well.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Fritzler posted:

I am! I don't have PMs. Want me to PM you on hcrealms?

Sure. It's Morand there too

SublimeDelusions posted:

If I have nothing going on tomorrow night, I might definitely be up for one... Any rules for it?

It can be whatever point value. I have some 300 point teams I want to try out but can also do some fun teams as well.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Hey! That 3000-point game turned out to be really, really fun. Most folks brought their dusty old giant figures that hadn't been used in years. I have a decent collection, but don't really own too many non-traditional (convention or whatnot) figures. So I went with what I have.

450 PR010 Leatherback
75 KA2010 Mother Russia
350 TDW004 Malekith
275 AV054 Ares
350 MOS100 Superman
250 GXG12 Frost Warrior
280 SM050 Imperiex
244 IIM048 Count Nefaria
140 HA046 Fenris Wolf
128 TABD-006 Bane
250 TDW008 Kurse
200 FI029 Colossus
= 2992 Total

I packed in Mother Russia because the judge running the event encouraged vehicles, and she wallops them - but nobody brought any vehicles. Ah well. She was still useful with the Duo attack, and she teamed up with Bane and Superman to take out a Giganto. Overall, I went 1-2, but really, it's hard to call them wins and losses when you're really getting in maybe a third of a game with that point total.

Edit: Take one guess how my opponent with a Pacific Rim team and water map did.

Red fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 29, 2014

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Morand posted:

This offer stands as I am home and bored this evening

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I'll see how tonight shakes out for me. How late are you usually up?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
He goes to bed at like 10 :laugh:

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

I'll see how tonight shakes out for me. How late are you usually up?

Yeah I get up at 5am for work so not very

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Name a build. I'll PM you if it looks like I won't be tied up.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

Name a build. I'll PM you if it looks like I won't be tied up.

300 modern? I have a shield team I want to try as well as a legion team.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

It looks like I missed you tonight (my daughter wanted to play the Pokémon CCG) but I'll build 300 Modern for next time you're free.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Red Lantern Battery and ring: http://www.newsarama.com/21002-heroclix-war-of-light-red-lantern-corps-revealed.html I realize they're going for consistency but not getting +1 damage feels weird. It's made up for by an entire team of penetrating poison which will get out of hand really fast.

Con LE Whiplash: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505982 A really good & solid dial with a nice sculpt, but I'm not seeing anything so amazing he should've been con exclusive and not just a SR in IIM.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sanschel posted:

Red Lantern Battery and ring: http://www.newsarama.com/21002-heroclix-war-of-light-red-lantern-corps-revealed.html I realize they're going for consistency but not getting +1 damage feels weird. It's made up for by an entire team of penetrating poison which will get out of hand really fast.
Penetrating poison and giant reach are nothing to sneeze at, that's for sure.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Penetrating poison and giant reach are nothing to sneeze at, that's for sure.
Poison and giant reach don't work together, right? Giant reach may turn out to be really helpful for the members of the Red Lantern Corps who I am sure will mainly be close combat based.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Just wanted to remind everyone how amazing Banshee is. After re-reading his trait again, the verbgiage also says "enemies can't use" their defense powers, so it goes through Power Cosmic and "can't be countered or ignored" as well.

He's an astonishing fig.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

so i just noticed that the Injection Fairy doesn't say when the +2 to all stats ends and i am pretty sure that can't be intentional

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I AM THE MOON posted:

so i just noticed that the Injection Fairy doesn't say when the +2 to all stats ends and i am pretty sure that can't be intentional
Would it automatically go away when Injection Fairy is damaged, or does that only apply to perplex?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Fritzler posted:

Would it automatically go away when Injection Fairy is damaged, or does that only apply to perplex?

Perplex specifically says the modifiers are lost if the target is damaged or healed, and other modifiers will remain until specified otherwise, so it looks like currently the Injection Fairy can pump up her stats permanently. I can't imagine she'll stay that way for long, though.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 1, 2014

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Fritzler posted:

Poison and giant reach don't work together, right? Giant reach may turn out to be really helpful for the members of the Red Lantern Corps who I am sure will mainly be close combat based.

Giant Reach only allows close combat attacks to work two squares out. Poison is not an attack of any kind, therefore Giant Reach doesn't affect it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Why don't characters with Giant Reach automatically have super strength?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

Why don't characters with Giant Reach automatically have super strength?

They might just be tall or be stretchy. Look at Flatman. Similarly, Godiva can use Giant Reach, but she shouldn't be able to clock somebody with a mailbox.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
I'm pretty sure that the wording on Realms is wrong for the Injection Fairy. I don't have the card in front of me, but I'm pretty sure that it does say "until your next turn."

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Over the last two weeks I've had three more AvX games. The breakdowns:

Event 1 was at a venue whose judge had a breakdown and quit the game entirely during the third month, taking with him all record of rankings, participation, and affiliation. As a result Months 3 & 4 were open to anyone willing to buy into the partial sealed. The format was 600 points, one booster or five GF and at least one starter fig, then a pool of 300 points with everyone needing the same faction keyword; I brought Witch, Spidey, CW FF Wasp, & O'Grady Ant-Man, supplementing them with Chameleon Girl and Emerald Empress. This team was devastatingly brutal; with four Perplexes and three SHIELD, I could get Empress to an 11 range, 14 attack, 7 damage murder machine. She KO'd everything she attacked in one hit. Unfortunately despite going 3-0 I lost by a mere 10 points; the kicker is that before time was called in round 3, I passed a chance to KO a Maggia Goon since I could've KO'd a 150 Iron Man the next turn if I didn't take the action to KO the Goon :argh:

Event 2 was a partial sealed where you again brought one figure from home. I brought HoT Cap, but it'd been a rough day and my head wasn't in it. I made a lot of dumb mistakes and barely scraped by with a 2-1 record. I almost fell asleep in round 3 because I was so exhausted. Don't play games after working 12 hours, kids.

Event 3 was another partial sealed; two 5-figure boosters and only one starter fig, 500 points. I went with Highfather, Cosmic Boy, Science Police, Dawnstar, 100 Iron Man. Round 1 I faced 225 Bizarro, 200 Magneto, & Universo :sweatdrop: I got Mags and Universo at least, but he Pulse Waved me with Bizarro in range as Mags was going down and the chalky bastard ate me alive. Round 2 & 3 my team worked a bit better; lots of successful Leaderships, prodigious use of Dawnstar & PD to drop defenses by -3 or -2 for Tony & Cos to snipe, lots of TK shenanigans. This venue awarded Cyke via average score over all four months, so even losing the first game I still came in first for Avengers by 200 points because I'd gone 3-0 the other three months. There isn't a proper judge at this venue though, and the owner was loving awesome and offered up the second Cyke to the winner of both factions, then gave out Phoenixbusters to everyone else, so every player walked out of the store with something. Tiny local stores :love:

Torrent posted:

I'm pretty sure that the wording on Realms is wrong for the Injection Fairy. I don't have the card in front of me, but I'm pretty sure that it does say "until your next turn."

From the preview card mockup looks like you're right: http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/049-Injection-Fairy-Lily.jpg

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 09:10 on May 1, 2014

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

They might just be tall or be stretchy. Look at Flatman. Similarly, Godiva can use Giant Reach, but she shouldn't be able to clock somebody with a mailbox.

Ah, excellent point. I brought this up at the last game, and it seemed to puzzle all of us.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
All the deadpool gravity feed figs are up on the realms now. Pretty good bunch I think. Real happy to have a hammerhead finally though a bit strange to have him in the gf and main set.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

It looks like I'll get to hit up my backup venue tomorrow. I don't know what the prize is, but the build is 400 points, modified Golden Age where feats can only be assigned to pre-carded characters and BFCs are disallowed (venue's standard build rules). I'm thinking of the following. I at some point want to run DKR marquee Batman with the Phoenix Force so he can easily get around, maximizing his benefit from hindering while not being slowed down by it. This build would also let me use WatXM Longshot with PF-powered Energy Explosion. I'm not sure if I should both with theme, but it would give me more chance of choosing map, which would likely be The Garden for all its hindering. How's this look?

pre:
DKR100	Batman		105
	Fragment- Magik
WXM009	Longshot	75
	Fragment- Cyclops
NML002	Batgirl		67
BM011	Katana		76
BB103	Diana Prince	43
	Phoenix Force	12
	2 characters	6
	5 fragments	15
----------------------------
		Total:	399
	Theme: Martial Artist

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Honestly, if you're looking to make DKR marquee Batman shine, the Book of the Skull is the way to go. Drop a hammer into his square, and suddenly he's in hindering. So, when he takes the free action Quake from the hammer falling, all the people he is hitting get -1 to their defenses, and he's doing penetrating damage with him. You honestly never have to bother picking up a hammer... I mean, sure, it helps, but just have him run around the map with hammers raining onto his head and doing penetrating Quake on fools with an 11 attack and their defenses down by 1.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Quick clarification of something that happened a couple days ago:

I played an Avengers themed team and payed 5 points for each character to use the Secret Avengers ATA. On my turn I attempt to outwit one of my opponent's characters who is an Avenger. He freaks out that I can't do that and I should know that because I payed for the ATA. I don't think he realizes how obnoxious he acts.

So, in short. Is this right? I paid for the ATA and his team did not. Why would his characters get my ATA's benefits? Yes, they share the Avengers keyword with my characters and the language used to explain the ATA may be worded poorly, but I just can't imagine that his characters would get a benefit that I paid for.

During that same game he also told me that I didn't have l.o.s on one of his characters. I ask the guys next to me for a string to check. He then asks the same guys if they think I have L.O.S in which one says "I don't think so" as he pulls out a string to check. He huffs and puffs, "Thank You." Five seconds later after checking, I do in fact have l.o.s. He also gave me the worst eye rolling attitude when I wanted him to explain the "move and attack" ability. Basically, I didn't realize that it acted like Hypersonic Speed. I thought it acted like running shot, because I never used it before. So, when he told me that my range was halved, I asked him to explain. He just starts repeating, "it's hypersonic" "it's hypersonic" while I'm like :what:

Everyone else is actually really nice and respectful, but this one guy is a loving moron. He's also the same guy who gave himself like double the theme probs against me in my first game ever. He wanted double the value of a piece I wanted to buy from him on my first day ever. And he is constantly rude. Other players have come up to me after and told me that he's played for 10 years and doesn't know the rules very well and I agree. He is generally harmless, but he is really starting to piss me off. I'm afraid if he rolls his eyes at me again or says something rude, I am going to be mean to him :(

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Seymour Butts posted:

I played an Avengers themed team and payed 5 points for each character to use the Secret Avengers ATA. On my turn I attempt to outwit one of my opponent's characters who is an Avenger. He freaks out that I can't do that and I should know that because I payed for the ATA. I don't think he realizes how obnoxious he acts.
Opponents do not get the benefit of your ATAs. He should know that.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

May watch list. No rulings yet, but these characters will have something happen to them: Tellus, Highfather and Arwen.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Opponents do not get the benefit of your ATAs. He should know that.

Oh my god what a loving moron.

WHERE DO YOU PLAY I DEMAND TO KNOW. If it is at all feasible I AM COMING THERE.

I love humiliating jerks.

Morand fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 2, 2014

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Fritzler posted:

May watch list. No rulings yet, but these characters will have something happen to them: Tellus, Highfather and Arwen.
Arwen has it coming so hard.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Moira MacTaggart: http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/016-moira-mactaggert.jpg

You remember that 300 point Sentinel that gives every other Sentinel the Capture ability? That dude ain't poo poo compared to the power of bell bottoms and a hip sway. X-Men also finally get their own Donald Blake.

CapnAndy posted:

I'm surprised she even made it on there but boy does she ever. I expected to see Science Police on that list too, though.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

CapnAndy posted:

Arwen can at least be thwarted by map choice, although, yeah, she really does have it coming. The LotR tournament that I judged at Gen-Con was, like, 80% Arwen teams.

I don't think that Highfather really needs to be on there, unless they are just going to fix his Support power to where he actually needs to heal someone to get the +1.

Tellus, however, really does need some fixing. There's just some silly abuse that can be pulled off with that guy.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Torrent posted:

I don't think that Highfather really needs to be on there, unless they are just going to fix his Support power to where he actually needs to heal someone to get the +1.
Highfather totally needs it. I saw a highfather with AvX cyclops and someone else, against SM darkseid and Donald Blake. Dude wasted Blake and passed until time and got a win. The pact needs to end when the character that is pacted is the only remaining character.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

Translation on the announcement: Good luck getting new Player's Guide material before July.

I wonder why they didn't include Arwen in the last round. They said she was on the Watch List, but they must have simply forgotten about her and hoped nobody would notice. They really need to rein her in for Golden, though, as it's absurd that with just a power action she can no-roll damage characters at least halfway across the map.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Fritzler posted:

Highfather totally needs it. I saw a highfather with AvX cyclops and someone else, against SM darkseid and Donald Blake. Dude wasted Blake and passed until time and got a win. The pact needs to end when the character that is pacted is the only remaining character.

How did that work? You can't make a Pact with characters over 300 points. Was the Darkseid guy running 67 points down in a 300 or 400-point game, with one of the smaller Darkseid versions?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Red Lanterns: http://www.newsarama.com/21026-heroclix-war-of-light-red-lantern-corps-individual-members-revealed.html

Zilius, Hal, & Laira are monsters; Atrocitus pushed to his second click with a swarm of Recruits will chew through teams like nobody's business; and Bleez can pretend to be Brother Voodoo for a bit before just ripping people to shreds. I'm pleased with these, I can't wait to see Dex-Star.

Atrocitus' damage power is oddly worded though; can he use it during any attack or just his own? I'm leaning towards the former because that seems to make him more useful than just probbing his own attack three times, but I can see how somebody could argue it only works for himself.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 2, 2014

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Double posting for Deadpool unboxing video by the handsomest person I've ever seen touching a Heroclix ;-* https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3tY0UMShb1Q

Chase Zombie Switchclix. Hold onto your butts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Sanschel posted:

Atrocitus' damage power is oddly worded though; can he use it during any attack or just his own? I'm leaning towards the former because that seems to make him more useful than just probbing his own attack three times, but I can see how somebody could argue it only works for himself.

The way it reads, it is during any attack. I imagine that they added that to make it a more 'aggressive' form of PC; he can't use it to re-roll Leadership, or break away rolls, or whatever. He is all about attack-attack-attack.

• Locked thread