Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Karnegal posted:

I'm saving until I have enough to roll on legendary chests, that seems like the best value to me.
That was my original plan but I thought to myself "Well, when tournaments are back up I have a bunch of timed draft tickets - why not just roll one or two common chests, they're pretty cheap right?" and next thing I know I've rolled like 10 of them (I kept winning gold! how could I stop!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Grim posted:

That was my original plan but I thought to myself "Well, when tournaments are back up I have a bunch of timed draft tickets - why not just roll one or two common chests, they're pretty cheap right?" and next thing I know I've rolled like 10 of them (I kept winning gold! how could I stop!)
gamblersfallacy.txt (I too rolled all three of my chests and forbade myself from opening packs just to roll more)

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Blazing Zero posted:

It's slightly irritating in the sense that it's there just for the sake of showing skin. Not enough to write a blog about or whatever.

e: it's certainly not nearly as questionable as that ridiculous coyotle mage art.

Oh yeah, that one was way worse, and from what I understand one of the ones that was flagged to be redone. Kismet more just bugs me because I did the art otherwise. The little dude on her shoulder is rad, the starry hair is cool, and I really like the limited color palette. I think the artist could have covered slightly more skin more skin to make her busty but avoided the whole phantom nipple thing.

Overall, I dig the art direction in the game. It's nice to see different styles together like the days before Magic poo poo itself and made every piece a bunch of samey photoshop generic fantasy art. There are also some well armored ladies (lady Cassandra), so I don't think that there's a top down, show us tits directive.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Karnegal posted:

Overall, I dig the art direction in the game. It's nice to see different styles together like the days before Magic poo poo itself and made every piece a bunch of samey photoshop generic fantasy art.

I know they'll never go full-blown weird and do something like Time Walk or Stasis, but I can hope.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Oh man the personification of the RNG is a woman, there is no way people won't be a bunch of shitheads about this.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
For rolling chests, is the chance to get a card or whatever higher with what chest you're rolling?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Lone Goat posted:

Oh man the personification of the RNG is a woman, there is no way people won't be a bunch of shitheads about this.

Well, Tyche/Fortuna was the Greek/Roman goddess of chance or fortune, but yeah the internet will probably be lovely about it.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My understanding is no, in general you want to roll chests for the chance to upgrade them to a higher level (to get more / better stuff when you open it) but because we can't open things right now the more immediate benefit is rolling tons of common chests (this could be totally the wrong thing to do in the long term, your mileage may vary, etc)

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Yeah I think you'll be wanted to upgrade legendary chests to primal chests as much as possible. I think they'll probably have the coolest poo poo.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

I couldn't hold back. All this talk of rolling chests made me do it. Now my 20,000 gold is gone.

But I got a Xentoth's Inquisitor! Not bad I think.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I really hope they get drafts up for the weekend. My wife is headed out for a bridal shower, so I have nothing to do outside of watching a lot of hockey and grilling. I also have 10 draft tickets sitting in my account.

VVVV: right no it's losing tournaments. In the future it will be PvE

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 10:03 on May 2, 2014

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

I'm intrigued, how do I get gold, is it only through tournaments that we can't participate in at the moment?

Tangentially related, on the Hex twitter they are referring to a detailed 'update' on the tournament situation today - while it's nice to have information I think it's important to note the phrasing, I'm not sure tournaments will be up and running today.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Karnegal posted:

VVVV: right no it's losing tournaments. In the future it will be PvE

Winning tournaments grants gold in addition to packs, and more gold than losing.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Afgad posted:

Winning tournaments grants gold in addition to packs, and more gold than losing.

I thought only 5-8 got gold, that's a lot better

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Yeah, winning a tournament is 20k gold right now, so it's even more worth it to win. In the 5-3-2-2, 4th through 8th get 5k gold.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"
Well, I was just informed that refunds stopped on March 31st, so I have a Collectors tier for sale at face value ($250). Please PM me if you are interested. So annoyed.

Edit: Sold! Carry on.

overthefalls fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 2, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

overthefalls posted:

Well, I was just informed that refunds stopped on March 31st, so I have a Collectors tier for sale at face value ($250). Please PM me if you are interested. So annoyed.

Just curious, why are you selling? Just the various beta problems to date?

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Nin the Shadow
14 Sapphire
10 Wild

4 Pack Raptor
3 Oakhenge Ceremony*
1 Ancestor's Chosen*
4 Buccaneer
4 Peek
4 Flock of Seagulls
4 Time Ripple
4 Mesmerize
4 Oracle Song
4 Mimic

*limited by number owned

It's been working well so far.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

eatenmyeyes posted:

Nin the Shadow
14 Sapphire
10 Wild

4 Pack Raptor
3 Oakhenge Ceremony*
1 Ancestor's Chosen*
4 Buccaneer
4 Peek
4 Flock of Seagulls
4 Time Ripple
4 Mesmerize
4 Oracle Song
4 Mimic

*limited by number owned

This is a neat little thing here.

With such a low curve, I'm surprised you're running that many resources, and no Countermagic, especially since this seems pretty vulnerable to Extinction/Heat Wave.

Also, why Nin?

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Just curious, why are you selling? Just the various beta problems to date?

Essentially, yeah. Not a fan of the UI, and zero news on PvE. Plus, could really use the money back.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

eatenmyeyes posted:

Nin the Shadow
14 Sapphire
10 Wild

4 Pack Raptor
3 Oakhenge Ceremony*
1 Ancestor's Chosen*
4 Buccaneer
4 Peek
4 Flock of Seagulls
4 Time Ripple
4 Mesmerize
4 Oracle Song
4 Mimic

*limited by number owned

Nice. I think I'll probably build one of these when I have the cards, though I think I'd use Wyatt the Sapper instead of Nin.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Go RV! posted:

This is a neat little thing here.

With such a low curve, I'm surprised you're running that many resources, and no Countermagic, especially since this seems pretty vulnerable to Extinction/Heat Wave.

Also, why Nin?

overthefalls posted:

Essentially, yeah. Not a fan of the UI, and zero news on PvE. Plus, could really use the money back.

How many resources would you suggest?
Heat Wave got me once today, but it turned out alright. http://imgur.com/GfwsocN
I probably won't be running Countermagic until equipment is implemented.
I think Nin looks cooler than Wyatt. But aside from aesthetics, getting the extra card is almost certainly correct.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

For PvP, equipment won't work normally. I'd definitely want one or so because getting hit by a board wipe would be brutal.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

eatenmyeyes posted:

How many resources would you suggest?
Heat Wave got me once today, but it turned out alright. http://imgur.com/GfwsocN
I probably won't be running Countermagic until equipment is implemented.
I think Nin looks cooler than Wyatt. But aside from aesthetics, getting the extra card is almost certainly correct.

Well, yeah, Nin totally looks cooler. Wyatt or maybe Polonius as a finisher if you're set against Wyatt.

PvP doesn't and won't use equipment at all, though, so there really no value in waiting.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Checking in on the Hex Twitter someone contacted them about receiving 8000 platinum from something called Sponsor Play. Anyone have any idea what that is? I know there has mention in the past about concern over prizes Cryptozoic owed people but this sounds like something at least somewhat separate from them.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Protip posted:

Checking in on the Hex Twitter someone contacted them about receiving 8000 platinum from something called Sponsor Play. Anyone have any idea what that is? I know there has mention in the past about concern over prizes Cryptozoic owed people but this sounds like something at least somewhat separate from them.

If you go to the in game store to buy platinum, the Gameforge "buy platinum here" page has a horrible second option where instead of giving Gameforge cash, you hand out your personal information to thousands of internet spam factories and get some small fractional amount of platinum back in return. It's monumentally idiotic in implementation and concept but apparently seen as a necessary compromise by CZE since they need Gameforge for international marketing etc.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Yeah, don't bother with it. It's not worth giving your identity away for a free draft. People have brought this up to Cory and hope he will remove it, as it won't help the reputation of Cryptozoic.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Protip posted:

An idiot pubbie who is the living, breathing avatar of idiot pubbies apparently filled out some forty "surveys" from Gameforge's advertising spam in the hopes that it would get him FREE PLATINUM!!! And maybe a FREE IPAD!!! too. He is then astounded to find out that they are not coughing up the promised return for his falling for their blatant scam, and is now receiving tons of spam and phone calls from telemarketers, because he compounded his idiocy by giving out his actual personal information to random shady people on the Internet. How anyone exposed to the Internet for more than five minutes could have actually believed that any of those "special offers" were legit is something of a mystery to me.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

I had a feeling it was something like that, but had no idea it was directly tied into the game (I haven't tried the purchasing Plat process yet) . That's horrible and I hope they do end up removing it. That kind of option to get platinum makes the game look more like a crappy free-to-play cell phone game that pops up ads and tries to get you to sign up for special offers to get more play time.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Valatar posted:

An idiot pubbie who is the living, breathing avatar of idiot pubbies apparently filled out some forty "surveys" from Gameforge's advertising spam in the hopes that it would get him FREE PLATINUM!!! And maybe a FREE IPAD!!! too. He is then astounded to find out that they are not coughing up the promised return for his falling for their blatant scam, and is now receiving tons of spam and phone calls from telemarketers, because he compounded his idiocy by giving out his actual personal information to random shady people on the Internet. How anyone exposed to the Internet for more than five minutes could have actually believed that any of those "special offers" were legit is something of a mystery to me.

Yeah, he is making GBS threads up the forums, and has now taken to Twitter. Hopefully he will throw a poo poo fit and get his dumb rear end permabanned. Or maybe sterilization would be a better option for mankind.

Friday morning come and gone, no announcement on updates or tournaments or anything. :sigh:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

WayAbvPar posted:

Yeah, he is making GBS threads up the forums, and has now taken to Twitter. Hopefully he will throw a poo poo fit and get his dumb rear end permabanned. Or maybe sterilization would be a better option for mankind.

Friday morning come and gone, no announcement on updates or tournaments or anything. :sigh:

According to twitter there's a new update written but it's going through like fact checking by the engineers before it gets published.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

According to twitter there's a new update written but it's going through like fact checking by the engineers before it gets published.

That sounds a lot like no tournaments

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Karnegal posted:

Yep. No tournaments for another weekend is really going to disappoint me. Pretty sure I am not alone.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

That's really unfortunate. I hope that when they do bring them back, this doesn't happen again. That won't look good.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Karnegal posted:

I was kind of hoping they'd have tournaments up before my weekend started. Guess not. I'm looking forward to that post, too.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Afgad posted:

I was kind of hoping they'd have tournaments up before my weekend started. Guess not. I'm looking forward to that post, too.

I took the 1 week ticket times this week as a good sign, but now I think they'll probably just end up extending them again. I sort of wish we didn't have a taste and then a long absence, but the stress test needed to happen at some point. Just a bummer that the down time coincides with me having near infinite free time.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Karnegal posted:

I took the 1 week ticket times this week as a good sign, but now I think they'll probably just end up extending them again. I sort of wish we didn't have a taste and then a long absence, but the stress test needed to happen at some point. Just a bummer that the down time coincides with me having near infinite free time.

Yeah.

I can't decide if tournaments being down is losing them a bucket of money or getting them money. So many people got bored and just opened all of their boosters that they may not want to draft ($1 vs $7). On the other hand, these guys may be suckers and now, instead of doing cheap drafts, will now do expensive drafts and buy more boosters.

Hard to say.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
https://hextcg.com/friday-update-bug-spray/

Update posted. Looks like the problem wasn't strictly their fault, but it won't be fixed until Monday or Tuesday.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

They better extend the draft tickets again. The only reliable time I have to draft is on the weekends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

https://hextcg.com/friday-update-bug-spray/

Update posted. Looks like the problem wasn't strictly their fault, but it won't be fixed until Monday or Tuesday.

:barf: Another wasted weekend

• Locked thread