Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

JohnnySavs posted:

(Requesting Space Gods)

EDIT: Also, this sequence.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I was at Mehrangarh in January this year, it was fantastic! It's really put together, in fact, with a fancy cafe and a jewelry shop and an excellent audio tour. Historical sites in India can be anywhere on the spectrum from "totally wrecked and full of literal garbage" to "the Taj Mahal" and Mehrangarh is near the top of that list.

Here's a bird hanging out in Mehrangarh:

Elsewhere in Rajasthan is the town of Bundi, which is a little bit out of the way. The huge palace of Bundi and its fort are on the other side of the spectrum -- completely wrecked. It's unfortunate from the perspective of historical preservation, but if you get a kick out of exploring ruins, it's incredible.

I spent several afternoons exploring the place, it was awesome. The whole complex of ruined buildings ranges for several kilometers up and along a ridge by the city, and there's only two or three security guards that tell you to stop climbing on poo poo. They don't really leave the one or two restored areas, though, so you can get into all kinds of places. Hundreds of monkeys have infested the place, enough for some small wildcats to move in. Zillions of bats live in the place, too.

Bonus:

Historical evidence of chocobos, or adorable depiction of the goddess Saraswati? You decide.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

A book about Space Gods!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Jack Kirby, king of drawing space gods, draws Space God.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Iwas fooling around illustrating some random Gamma world characters and such, maybe someone here could use some of these?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Lady Catcrotch and Cthulhoudini are the best.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
For all your "weird poo poo to find in a creepy person's house" needs:

Apparently they want to put this outside the statehouse in Oklahoma?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Yeah, there was some kind of bill passed that allows people to put religious (read: Christian) stuff anywhere. So the Satanism stuff is an attempt at trolling the state of Oklahoma

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
The children of Oklahoma could really use the healing wisdom of Baphomet though, so there's that.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Yeah, there was some kind of bill passed that allows people to put religious (read: Christian) stuff anywhere. So the Satanism stuff is an attempt at trolling the state of Oklahoma

It wasn't a bill passed, a member of the Oklahoma House of Representatives paid for it to be placed there with his own money, so it was technically considered a "donation" and therefore avoided First Amendment issues. So the local Church of Satan decided they'd "donate" a statue of Baphomet to go right next to it.

The funniest part of the whole thing is that that's not the statue they're going to be putting up; that's going to be the prototype for the mold they're going to use to make a brass version of it. And they're taking out an insurance policy on it so that if somebody vandalizes it, they'll be able to replace it with two more.

Pan Transforming
Jun 18, 2010

simulated load

fatherdog posted:

It wasn't a bill passed, a member of the Oklahoma House of Representatives paid for it to be placed there with his own money, so it was technically considered a "donation" and therefore avoided First Amendment issues. So the local Church of Satan decided they'd "donate" a statue of Baphomet to go right next to it.

The funniest part of the whole thing is that that's not the statue they're going to be putting up; that's going to be the prototype for the mold they're going to use to make a brass version of it. And they're taking out an insurance policy on it so that if somebody vandalizes it, they'll be able to replace it with two more.

I'd known about this, but it was the insurance policy part that really made me laugh: in my head I saw a bronze statue of Baphomet perpetually undergoing mitosis.
I'm glad they removed the caduceus though, it made it look kind of busy. I like the more alien-looking head too!

EDIT:
the original, for reference:

Pan Transforming fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 2, 2014

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
The little boy in that sketch is totally rocking a smug atheist grin.

Pan Transforming
Jun 18, 2010

simulated load
Haha, if only he were wearing a fedora.

"In this moment I am euphoric, not because of the blessing of some phony god, but because I am enlightened by my own intellect.
And also Baphomet, I guess."

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

goatface posted:

Well, all politicians are in league with the Devil anyway, so they might as well put it up and stop pretending.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
How dare you even suggest that the noble government of my home state is in league with the devil.

Just because the elected officials don't think Oklahomans deserve healthcare, or an education, or a minimum wage increase, birth control, roads that are maintained, water that isn't tainted by fracking runoff, bridges that aren't literally falling into the rivers they cross, or policy changes that 70% of people polled support does not mean that they don't firmly believe in the christian values of charity and love for everyone when they're behind a podium.

Torturing someone to death was also completely accidental and should in no way be construed as some sort of "ritual sacrifice," no matter what you heard from the talking blue fire.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
poo poo yeah, post hot Baphomets and the Paganist pics you got.

Edit: Also this

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Can't remember which goon this is, but the idea was that whenever they ordered something, they'd request a picture of "A Kickin' Rad Baphomet" in the extra requests section that nobody ever really uses. This was the best result.

Also, they shouldn't replace the Baphomet statue with two Baphomets--it needs to be a Baphomet and a new demon, say Buer. Given enough time we can get the entire Key of Solomon out there.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 08:35 on May 2, 2014

Almostpanda
Apr 25, 2014
I'm looking for a burly looking nature spirit type thing, vines and clubs a plus!
(also other nature spirits because they tend toward awesome)
Something a little like this fellow

(perhaps slightly shorter)

Old Man Mozz
Apr 24, 2005

I posted.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Can't remember which goon this is, but the idea was that whenever they ordered something, they'd request a picture of "A Kickin' Rad Baphomet" in the extra requests section that nobody ever really uses. This was the best result.

Also, they shouldn't replace the Baphomet statue with two Baphomets--it needs to be a Baphomet and a new demon, say Buer. Given enough time we can get the entire Key of Solomon out there.

as long as I get a statue of this guy, i'd be happy.

Stolas
A Great Prince of Hell, commands twenty-six legions of demons, and teaches astronomy and the knowledge of poisonous plants, herbs and precious stones.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Stolas is cool and all but I've always been partial to Amdusias and Caim/Camio:

Amdusias is associated with thunder and it has been said that his voice is heard during storms. He is accompanied by the sound of trumpets when he comes and will give concerts if commanded, but while all his musical instruments can be heard they cannot be seen. He is regarded as being the demon in charge of the cacophonous music that is played in Hell. He can make trees bend at will.

Camio is a good disputer, gives men the understanding of the voices of birds, bullocks, dogs, and other creatures, and of the noise of the waters too, and gives true answers concerning things to come.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

goatface posted:

Baphomet's missing the titties. Where are goat boops?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

homerlaw posted:

Baphomet's missing the titties. Where are goat boops?

Pff, everyone knows the god of Masonry is

JA! BUL! ON!

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I was always partial to Buer myself

His title is literally "President of Hell" and

quote:

He teaches Natural and Moral Philosophy, Logic, and the virtues of all herbs and plants, and is also capable of healing all infirmities (especially of men) and bestows good familiars.

A vote for Buer is a vote for universal healthcare

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
:confused:
How does he walk? Does he roll along the ground like a wheel?

I'm looking for modern-style reference images of well-dressed gentlemen wielding their walking sticks like clubs, like the way they're depicted in old 19th century woodcuts showing fights breaking out in Parliament and whatnot.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

DrSunshine posted:

I expect as a demon lord, he is entirely capable of flight as well.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
My guess is the head stays stationary but the legs rotate.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

He flies while the legs rotate. Source: Castlevania.

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.
It turns out that "walking stick as club" is an actual British martial art called "Bartitsu"

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Some concept art from Star Wars 1313 just managed to make it outta purgatory:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

JohnnySavs posted:

It turns out that "walking stick as club" is an actual British martial art called "Bartitsu"

Bartitsu has cane fighting as a component (suitable also for parasol or umbrella) but also includes jujitsu, several forms of European wrestling, savate, and bare knuckle pugilism. The gent in these photos was the cane teacher at the Bartitsu School of Arms and Physical Culture in Chicago last year.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

I'm looking for modern-style reference images of well-dressed gentlemen wielding their walking sticks like clubs, like the way they're depicted in old 19th century woodcuts showing fights breaking out in Parliament and whatnot.

Quick animation...

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

AXE COP posted:

I was always partial to Buer myself

His title is literally "President of Hell" and

A vote for Buer is a vote for universal healthcare

Eberron included stats for Buer as a magic animal, and those lion-wheels turned a spooky jungle ambush into a laughing riot :haw:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

djwetmouse posted:

Quick animation...

I think that was an enemy in Castlevania.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Weirdo posted:

Eberron included stats for Buer as a magic animal, and those lion-wheels turned a spooky jungle ambush into a laughing riot :haw:

It was Tome of Magic that had those, and it actually had versions of a large number of the key of solomon, though most of them were reinterpreted in some way or another to better suit the DnD Cosmology.

The whole book was really really good (except for truenamers, no one wants to be a truenamer)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Truenamers were amazing in theory, and utterly awful in execution.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yeah, your attack bonus increasing linearly while their defense increases exponentially was not good. EVERYONE'S defenses getting harder to hit the more often you used an attack was worse.

Especially since they balanced around you always having the best magic items available and abusing the skill feats and synergy.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Mother
loving
Demons

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Androc posted:

He flies while the legs rotate. Source: Castlevania.

He was in Final Fantasy 8 too, albeit with a misspelled name, "Buel"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

I'm playing a Bard who juggles and performs illusions in an upcoming one-shot, and this image is so much better than I could have hoped to find myself.