Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Ewar Woowar posted:

So now that promotion and relegation has been defeated in the United States and Canada, it is our manifest destiny to stamp it out abroad. It’s time for fans everywhere to overthrow this outdated, malicious, poisonous relic of Victorian aristocratic arrogance. There have been better models working for decades, and it’s time we liberated the world in the name of freedom and democracy.

Mostly because there are actually no good arguments for promotion and relegation in any professional sport. Anything promotion and relegation would be accomplished better by a system currently in place in the United States.

I must know where this came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

T Bowl posted:

I must know where this came from.

lol I thought it could only be a troll but it was a retarded big soccer post all along

http://www.bigsoccer.com/soccer/dan-loney/2013/11/22/death-to-promotion-and-relegation/

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

tetsman posted:

lol I thought it could only be a troll but it was a retarded big soccer post all along

http://www.bigsoccer.com/soccer/dan-loney/2013/11/22/death-to-promotion-and-relegation/

It's the gift that keeps giving

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

tetsman posted:

I've only made it two paragraghs in and bloody hell:

quote:

Orlando City joins Seattle, Portland, Montreal and Vancouver as teams which spent millions upon millions of dollars to join a first division, rather than force their way in through victory on the field and through public opinion.

Yes how dare those teams try and be better than other teams to play with the best teams:doh:

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

EvilHawk posted:

I've only made it two paragraghs in and bloody hell:

Yes how dare those teams try and be better than other teams to play with the best teams:doh:

It's all about money, soccernomics mate

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

As awful as Dan Loney usually is, how do you goofs not realize that's sarcasm?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Wrong threaD

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

I feel like this could have been better executed.

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

thats truly, truly terrible.

somehow even worse than the liverpool one

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The punctuation makes me want to murder.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Which of the images mark's do you have a problem with?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Which of the images mark's do you have a problem with?

Your next !

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Shrapnig posted:

I felt sick looking at it.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
lol

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Let's see how our sister site Troll Football is doi-

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Fergie looks drunk as hell here, seems appropriate

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

quote:

Street Activist: Street Activism takes you straight to the front line of our campaigns and should not be a commitment you take without firstly giving it serious thought. You will be expected to partake in all street based activity and be anywhere the Community need you to be to aid them in absolutely anything. Street Activists put themselves in harms way every single time they step out their front door to hit out at any target set to them. By becoming part of our street team you will be joining what we consider to be an incredible body of people which we call 'The Regiment'. Street Activists are expected to attend our monthly meetings in order to be kept firmly up-to-date on all Activity. At this moment in time we will only be accepting applications from those who stay within Scotland.

Photo of massed ranks of 'the regiment'

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
I'm pretty sure that picture is from when Sagna broke his leg which makes this even better.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

8raz posted:

I'm pretty sure that picture is from when Sagna broke his leg which makes this even better.

Yup, that's the one.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

This may be my favorite thing ever.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Pretty true though tbh

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

vaginal culture posted:

Pretty true though tbh
Hockey players don't know they've been hurt (it's because of the concussions (and because they're Canadian and stupid)))

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
sherwood insists on playing paulinho who blatantly dcouldnt give a fook and is a complete tart anyway, whilst leaving hard players and committed servants like sandro on the bench and sends another gutsy player in holtby on loan to fulham. he then puts outside forwards alongside them in central midfield.

the guy is a kuunt. he drops sandro and then calls one of the most unreliable mercenaries on in football our standout player. absolute disgrace.

i want sherwood out now. right now. at half time. i want levy to go into the dressing room and sack him. put sandro in charge for today. get clive allen out of the comentary box.

i want this fuucking kuunt out right now.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

not not luvd posted:

sherwood insists on playing paulinho who blatantly dcouldnt give a fook and is a complete tart anyway, whilst leaving hard players and committed servants like sandro on the bench and sends another gutsy player in holtby on loan to fulham. he then puts outside forwards alongside them in central midfield.

the guy is a kuunt. he drops sandro and then calls one of the most unreliable mercenaries on in football our standout player. absolute disgrace.

i want sherwood out now. right now. at half time. i want levy to go into the dressing room and sack him. put sandro in charge for today. get clive allen out of the comentary box.

i want this fuucking kuunt out right now.

He's right tbf, Sherwood's an utter fraud

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

"Man, you're poo poo!"
"But I've got 50 thousand people screaming my name"
"But not her..."
:byodood:

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

believe

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Gustavo Poyet strode triumphantly away from the beaten carcass of another foe and allowed himself a sly grin.

He had arrived as the club with it facing the greatest peril in its history and yet, with the talent of a Zhukov, had emerged with the sun shinning upon his coal-black mane.

The scalps he had taken were enormous. Mr Poyet knew this. Cheslea, Man City, Man Utd; titans of the game who proved no match for his talents.

As he sauntered towards the mackem armada which greeted its King with an outburst of joy, he allowed his composure to slip;

'Tell me you never doubted me' he bellowed to his delirious kin.

'Tell me I have given life yo your hopes, I have given your most cherished dreams wings.'

Blinking away tears he thought he saw a ghostly presence amongst the Mackem Army. A fellow draped in a fine jacket and a sturdy hat bouncing precariously upon his cranium as he danced with joy.

'Thanks Bob' Mr Poyet muttered, his chiselled cheekbones now lit by a smile which could be seen all the way to Montevideo.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Fat Lowtax posted:

Gustavo Poyet strode triumphantly away from the beaten carcass of another foe and allowed himself a sly grin.

He had arrived as the club with it facing the greatest peril in its history and yet, with the talent of a Zhukov, had emerged with the sun shinning upon his coal-black mane.

The scalps he had taken were enormous. Mr Poyet knew this. Cheslea, Man City, Man Utd; titans of the game who proved no match for his talents.

As he sauntered towards the mackem armada which greeted its King with an outburst of joy, he allowed his composure to slip;

'Tell me I have given life yo your hopes, I have given your most cherished dreams wings.'

Blinking away tears he thought he saw a ghostly presence amongst the Mackem Army. A fellow draped in a fine jacket and a sturdy hat bouncing precariously upon his cranium as he danced with joy.

'Thanks Bob' Mr Poyet muttered, his chiselled cheekbones now lit by a smile which could be seen all the way to Montevideo.

Yes yes yes

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
edit nm

the fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 4, 2014

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Fat Lowtax posted:

This is beautiful

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

I hope we meet Chelsea in the final of the Champions League next year, and completely humiliate them, I would say a Torress own goal but I doubt he will be there. Then when we win, all the players should form a bus, with Stevie as the driver :)
Or, Chelsea get humilated in the first round, and finish 8th next season :)
Having said that, the media would still say that was a tactic by mouriniho.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
That goes well with this:

Brazilian football fan killed by toilet thrown from stands

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

PFA player of the year, Luke Skywalker, er I mean Luis Suarez, Red Seven, has been saving up all his goals for the last couple of games. Coutinho is going to be sitting behind him like R2-D2 in the X-wing, the unlikeliest of heroes pulling the strings. Steven Gerrard is General Dodonna who will be orchestrating the attack from his withdrawn position. Whilst Sturridge is going to return from the deep space of the treatment table, just in time, like Han Solo in the Millennium Falcon shooting Darth Vader in the rear end. It’s going to be magnificent.

Today, we pick ourselves up from the Chelsea defeat and we walk on with new hope in our hearts.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
So who's Chewbacca?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Unintelligible and hairy? The supporters.