Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

"The Great American Snuff Film" :stonk:

This guy is easily the creepiest of all those tropers with "unpublished works", holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

WickedHate posted:

It's more that they are stereotypical elements then bad or anything.

I know, I just didn't like seeing them in the same sentence as pedophilia. :saddowns:

Anyway, Women Hunt:

Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking posted:

Mad Satan is a... man *gasp*:
Colonel Wasp: Mad Satan may be a mutated psychic killer and suspected cannibal, but even worse... he's a man ! All men are hairy apes who think with their dicks, and Mad Satan's no different. [follows a long rant on why men are disgusting]

Colonel Wasp is tagged as a "Straw Feminist", "Psycho Lesbian" and "Butch Lesbian", which is just another indicator of how the author of all these rape comics actually feels about women.

Bald Women posted:

Mad Satan prefers one of his slaves like that, for both humiliation and for her to put her head in his butt.

Power Perversion Potential posted:

The entire series is based around this (more obvious in the novel and in Mars Penal Colony): The systems Mad Satan employs is based on "correctional" options which kept hardened criminals in line, and while they were used in severe way, they were still Lawful Neutral. Now he's monitoring women's brains, telling the supercomputer what to do with the information so to break their spirit better, uses the entire system to control every man on Mars and keep them in line (read: he could kill or torture mentally whoever didn't follow his rules).

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

TvTropes Pleads the Fifth: for both humiliation and for her to put her head in his butt.

quote:

Birthday Gift series and other comics of the expanded universe created by the artist known as Erenisch is a fascinating dystopia for women.
I like how the guy points out that this alternate rape slave reality is a dystopia, but specifically for women.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Isn't Zoidberg just one word? I don't know why that's the thing that bothers me, but...

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Namtab posted:

Isn't Zoidberg just one word? I don't know why that's the thing that bothers me, but...

I think that's to differentiate it from a trope called "And Zoidberg."

I am not sure why I know about that trope's existence.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
TvTropes Thread Six: A Fascinating Dystopia for Women

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

TvTropes Thread Six: The Great American Snuff Film

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Anticheese posted:

TvTropes Thread Six: The Great American Snuff Film

Let's be fair, "The Great American Snuff Film" is a really intriguing title for some kind of artsy film. Or at least, it would be if it weren't now associated with TVTropes, and if it were the product of the mind of someone who wasn't a troper.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

quote:

People keep throwing movies at me since I've seen like, hardly any non-animated ones in my life and have nothing to go on when it comes to finding ones I may like.

I'm only getting more and more nervous with each new one I try. It literally took me three hours to hit "play" when watching the freaking Terminator on Netflix.

What am I even afraid of? Have I built that big a bubble around myself?

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Morkyz posted:

bubble boy

Context for this?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Context for this?

Just laugh at the person that has such bad anxiety that he struggles to sit down and watch something that isn't animated in fear that he won't like it.
I mean, how neurotic do you have to be where it takes you three hours to work up the courage to watch the Terminator?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

This is how I am about champagne bottles

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
The best part of TV Tropes is how every gross fetish webcomic/fanfic/whatever, without fail, will have at least one review where the writer assures the reader that it's "surprisingly deep" or "more than just smut." Every. single. loving. one. Yes, tell me more about how witty and erudite this rape comic that you definitely don't whack it to is :allears:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Scratch-O posted:

The best part of TV Tropes is how every gross fetish webcomic/fanfic/whatever, without fail, will have at least one review where the writer assures the reader that it's "surprisingly deep" or "more than just smut." Every. single. loving. one. Yes, tell me more about how witty and erudite this rape comic that you definitely don't whack it to is :allears:

...Well, time to go looking up some material to cross-post between here and the Terrible Webcomics thread.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Regalingualius posted:

...Well, time to go looking up some material to cross-post between here and the Terrible Webcomics thread.

Don't do it, you fool! It's not worth it! You'll see justifications for things you can't unsee!

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
I fondly remember playing Pokemon and watching the cartoon back in middle school. Then I lost interest.

Apparently some people didn't. If anyone feels brave enough to take a crack at that fanfic, you will forever be known as a true :patriot:

Conveniently Common Kink posted:

Everyone loves porking Pokemon.

Naughty Tentacles posted:

Victreebell has them and pokephiles love them.

If you thought this was bad, we're just getting started!

More than Mind Control posted:

It's pretty obvious some of the Pokemon actually love their masters ... even in that way. All the thing about "seeing in their eyes regret" may be just how he decides to interpret it.

Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon posted:

Our narrator is keep on making his victims suffer and keeping them alive as much as he can.

Fantastic Racism posted:

Except the obvious, it seems there was a time when news presented "Pokephiles" being harassed and murdered like that was a good thing.

Put on your Sunday finest, because it's time for sex with Pokemon, rape, torture and murder!

Deadpan Snarker posted:

The narrator.

Of loving course.

Expy posted:

First thought goes to Rorschach.

X Meets Y posted:

Rorschach meets (becomes?) Dexter meets Pokémon.

hahaha no way, a psychopath modeling himself after Rorschach, this guy has to be invoking Poe's Law, right? ... right?

Lampshaded Double Entendre posted:

"when she grinded against me, my crotch was pretty much right up against her… well, you know. ".

"My dick was pretty much right up against her... vagina well, you know." Oh man, such clever, fourth wall breaking writing! :mmmsmug:

Stealth Parody posted:

It's hard to take something seriously when tickle fetish is presented as worse than rape.

No, wait. Some dumb fetish is depicted as worse than rape so this fanfic is actually a witty parody and wow am I wasting my time mocking it because clearly the author is already three steps ahead of me! :jerkbag:

To Know Him I Must Become Him posted:

"I had to THINK like a Poképhile in order to kill them more efficiently.".

:laffo:

YMMV: Nightmare Fuel posted:

In spades.

... but of course, your mileage my vary!

Rape Portrayed As Redemption posted:

Why he rapes the second human victim. Also happens to him by the end, and it's Sabrina's Ironic Death.

Hmm. Haven't come across this trope before...

Holy loving poo poo posted:

One day a bad girl traipses into town. She could be a snotty trouble-making type, a Femme Fatale, or just a woman with overly healthy appetites for sex, power, or both. She spends the next few months making life interesting for the guys and infuriating for the parents/good girls.

And then she is raped. Or perhaps in a "child-friendly" version, just sexually assaulted. :gonk:

The female version is also very popular in Anime Fan Fic, especially with the Alpha Bitch of any show as the victim.

This trope is rife with Unfortunate Implications. You have been warned. No Real Life Examples, Please!

:barf:

Before I go lie down and maybe cry myself to sleep, I want to point out that of course they love their animes in which fuckin' snooty popular girls can only be "redeemed" through rape. And all the links to Unfortunate Implications in the world won't stop me from believing that they love this stuff, based on past experience.

Burn TV Tropes to the ground and salt the Earth, etc. :negative:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Remember. TVtropes defended the Rance series as being artistic.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
As usual, Edit Banned/Suspended is a fine repository of people too weird/pathetic for even TVTropes.

For example, this guy:

Beed 28 posted:

I'm trying to fight back any tears right now for what happened. I'll try explain.

There was a game being released for the 3DS Virtual Console. Well, several games. Being a long time Mega Man fan, I got excited over the prospect of "Mega May" that was announced a while back, in which the rest of the GB Mega Man games would be released on the 3DS Virtual Console throughout May and beyond.

Said event happened to be No Export for You for my region. I just... don't even know why. That... turned out to be my Berserk Button.

I don't know what... what I did. I'm just so depressed and upset about my actions now. I don't know what came over me. I've even lost the will to play any games anymore. I'm just so depressed that this has happened to me.

There is nothing that can cheer me up after this. I just want the whole day to restart.

Or this guy:

The Hard Moder posted:

I recently got suspended. I believe it was because of a mistake on my part, where I had been changing instances of "cloud" to "butt". This was because I had recently installed a plugin that automatically changes any text I read from "cloud" to "butt", and I had not realised it would influence the page I was editing. I have disabled the plugin now, so I should be able to make helpful edits again.

If I was suspended for a different reason, I am not aware of that, and would like to know why.

Or this lady:

Ecclytennysmithylove posted:

If it's because I've been moving some several DMOS posts to their own DMOS pages, then I apologize. I was giving the DMOS pages some clean up.

I promise I'll put them in folders instead.

Fighteer posted:

~Ecclytennysmithylove: Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but you've been continually drawing attention to yourself by doing things that aren't necessary or are straight up incorrect, then disregarding people asking you to stop. Recently there was a flap over you getting Needs More Love confused with Needs Wiki Magic Love, and just now the DMOS thing. Just because three examples is the minimum for a subpage doesn't mean you need to make one every time a work acquires that many.

This keeps happening. You're on your third suspension, and there was a separate report after the last one that you were posting cut Real Life examples from the Panty Shot article on its Discussion page.

I'm just not seeing a pattern of understanding our rules.

I've became a member of Tvtropes since November 2013, so I'm new to the rules. sad

As for the Needs More Love, why can't we just make a new trope Needs More Episodes?

And as for the Panty Shots, I didn't post Real Life examples, I posted Anime/Manga examples in the discussion page. Somebody must've hacked into my account and posted Real Life examples.

Fighteer posted:

I've talked to the other mods and the consensus is that it's not worth it to deal with your messes. Six months is more than enough time for most people to learn how the site works, so the fact that it's taken you this long to figure it out — after two prior suspensions, no less — is indicative of a problem on your end, not ours. We're not going to go through it a fourth time.

Sorry, your suspension won't be lifted. You may read the wiki, but may not edit.

Edit: I erred in the Panty Shot thing. It wasn't Real Life examples; it was examples, period. The article is under an examples lockout, so circumventing that by putting them in the Discussion page is an intentional rules violation.

*sigh* Fine... But that also means I'm not going to continue moving some marked tropes to YMMV/Trivia pages. sad *bangs myself on the wall until theirs blood coming out of my head*.

I didn't know that putting the Panty Shot examples in the Discussion page was an intentional rules violation. You could've at least insert the rules about no inserting examples in the Discussion page in the first place.

Fighteer posted:

This is exactly what we're talking about. Most people, seeing a message on the article reading "No examples, please" would realize that we mean No examples, please. Not you, apparently, which is part of the reason we're here. You aren't the only person who's able to transplant YMMV and Trivia examples, either.

Well, since this is the third I've been suspended, I take responsibilities for my actions, and I'd rather be better off moving marked tropes to YMMV/Trivia pages than not realizing that I'm breaking the rules.

Ok, after a long hour or two of reading the TVtrope Rules, I'm ready to be un-suspended. I vow myself that I will NOT do anything else other than moving marked tropes to the YMMV/Trivia pages.

Fighteer posted:

@Ecclytennysmithylove: Not only are you not persuading me, sending me PMs pointing out issues with the wiki that you "could be fixing" is only going to make me turn off those privileges as well. If you want to retain any ability to access the wiki, you would do well to accept our decision.

....then I'm going to regret that I joined TV Tropes.... sad

UPDATE: Last night, I sent an email to the thestaff@tvtropes.org to appeal my suspension. If the resulting decision doesn't turn out what I expect, then I regret that I became a member of TVTropes.

I thought you guys weren't suppose to make me feel bad and distance myself from the site. I trusted you. I'm 23 years old single woman who's desperately searching for a husband. I was diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome at the age of 10, and I sometimes lose my temper whenever things don't go right, though I'm slowly getting better.

Madrugada posted:

You thought wrong. Our job isn't to make sure you don't feel bad. Our job is to protect the wiki. And what your life is or isn't is not really anything we can do anything about. The "poor me" card has no value.

Well, you guys are really helping me getting over my problem. smile

And you're right about the "poor me" card having no value, but it's the truth about me. I've also been a victim of emotional abuse in past (as mentioned in my Doctor Who DMOS post on the episode "Father's Day"). Example: being insulted by someone because of my poor communication.

Madrugada posted:

We're not going to lift your wiki-editing ban. The point that matters is that however well-intentioned you are, you're making messes that have to be cleaned up by someone else. That doesn't make the wiki better, it makes it worse and it means someone else has to do extra work just to bring it back to the condition it was in before.

What did I just say before? "I vow to myself that I will NOT do anything else other than moving the marked tropes to the YMMV/Trivia pages." That is a promise. I've changed for good.

And because you turned down my appeal, I'm going drown my sorrow and regret that I became a member of TV Tropes the whole time. My mother was right. I should've NEVER trusted anybody on the internet, especially you guys. SOME HELPFUL MODERATORS YOU ARE! >:(

(Unless you've changed your mind.)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Darth Walrus posted:

For example, this guy:

He should've just broken some pencils or gotten a friend to break some for him, as normal people do.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Darth Walrus posted:

As usual, Edit Banned/Suspended is a fine repository of people too weird/pathetic for even TVTropes.

For example, this guy:

Or this guy:

Or this lady:

Holy poo poo, that goes through the pathetic - funny - pathetic - cringeworthy curve really fast :downs:

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Darth Walrus posted:

Or this lady:

Isn't their registration system so braindead that she could just create another account and keep going about her crusade?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Ninjasaurus posted:

Fantastic Racism: Except the obvious, it seems there was a time when news presented "Pokephiles" being harassed and murdered like that was a good thing.
Wait, bestiality is a race now? I must have missed that memo.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

Or this guy:

Everyone should have cloud-to-butt installed.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Just as a note on that Rape as Redemption (:barf::barf::barf:) opening blurb: In the U.S., at least, sexual assault is the replacement to/equivalent charge as rape in many jurisdictions.

I don't know why that in particular stuck out to me.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
You also missed this sentence: "In short, getting raped was the best thing that ever happened to her."

It's also in the "Double Standard" category because... why?

Burn it to the ground

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
There is a reason this exists: :tvtropes:

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Suspicious Dish posted:

You also missed this sentence: "In short, getting raped was my dick would be the best thing that ever happened to her."

In case the subtext wasn't glaringly obvious enough.

Lampshaded Double Entendre posted:

"when she grinded against me, my crotch was pretty much right up against her… well, you know. ".

I legit don't even know what the trope entry is trying for here.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Minus Green posted:

"The Great American Snuff Film" :stonk:

Creepy, yeah, but I'm still going to steal that title if I ever write a review essay of Twilight Zone: The Movie

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ninjasaurus posted:

Apparently some people didn't. If anyone feels brave enough to take a crack at that fanfic, you will forever be known as a true :patriot:

Wrong flag, but challenge accepted.

Fanfiction.net apparantly made it so you can't copy and paste from it anymore, which is a pity cause it means that I now have to inspect elements and copy the text from source which is really loving inconvenient.

quote:

So. Here I am — in this interrogation room. You sit there, eyes half-closed in disinterest, shoving doughnuts down your throat for a routine fix of sugar and fat to keep you going through your dreadfully difficult day. Your hands and face become even more disgustingly sticky with each sickening bite. I just sat here and smiled as I waited for you to stop cramming poo poo into your mouth and to actually do your job and ask for a story.

Why? Simple, really: your disgusting behavior proves a wonderful example of how I'm better than you, and I relish in its example. You're slime. You're filth. Nothing of value has ever come from you, nor will it ever. Even if I am the one that society, the media and the side of this table that I sit on deem the villain, the cancer destroying this city, remember this, if nothing else. The title of cancerous eraser of this once lovely place has and always will belong to you, both empirically and spiritually.
Wow this character already feels legit edgy and cool.

quote:

You didn't capture me. Your comrades did. Well, not exactly. But even with my exception aside, I've seen them on the news. They catch psychos — just like me, as you sheepishly say — and bring them to justice, working hard for their fellow Saffron citizens. And what did you do during all those heroic exploits? You sat here, with that same soulless look on your face, dicking around, eating more fattening products and doing what? Nothing… absolutely nothing. No contribution to society, no actual care for your fellow man as you've pledged to have in absolute solemnity. Hell, the only people you've ever 'contributed to' are most likely the people that sell those edible heart attacks. You're just the kind of pig I love to destroy — the kind that warms my heart whenever I see one die, especially when I'm responsible.

You most likely think I won't talk, at least anything worth reporting and about the raid. That I'll keep stalling and wait for the clean-cut lawyer wearing a dull, gray suit covered with an ugly brown coat to arrive — the one that I'll never see. I know he won't arrive because I told him not to come. More specifically, I told him to go gently caress himself. I don't want a trial. I don't want to waste my fair city's funds on a petty clusterfuck of arguments and excuses, clinging to lies like a rat clings to a piece of garbage when he's on the brink of drowning in a flooded sewer. I know when I'm caught. Your men are at my house right now, I bet. You found my disguise, my documentation of all the people and Pokémon I've slaughtered in order to cleanse and better this town. And you've certainly found my identity.
"Yes, I admit it. I'm a Rorschach clone."

It just goes on from there, I'll probably keep going when I'm finished with assignments in a few days.

E: Is a lovely single entendre really a lampshaded double entendre?

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Namtab posted:

Wrong flag, but challenge accepted.

Fanfiction.net apparantly made it so you can't copy and paste from it anymore, which is a pity cause it means that I now have to inspect elements and copy the text from source which is really loving inconvenient.
Wow this character already feels legit edgy and cool.
"Yes, I admit it. I'm a Rorschach clone."

It just goes on from there, I'll probably keep going when I'm finished with assignments in a few days.

E: Is a lovely single entendre really a lampshaded double entendre?

If you're reading bad Pokemon fanfiction now, don't forget to take a look at Yoshizilla-Rhedosaurus.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Namtab posted:

This is a good thing.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Namtab posted:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/righttoclick/

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Suspicious Dish posted:

This is a good thing.

It adds a whole extra step, good innovation.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Just disable Javascript for the fanfiction.net domain and you should be set.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Namtab posted:

It adds a whole extra step, good innovation.

It is now impossible to quote fanfiction.net, which is a good use of new right-click prevention technologies.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Posted in another thread, worth revisiting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efTloIPzkkA

My favorite part is reading the surrounding posts, including:

quote:

I wish I was a magical girl.
Instead I just rape...

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Low-hanging fruit, but:
TVTropes Mk. VI: I wish I was a magical girl. Instead I just rape...

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So I've been away from this thread for a while, and I'm not sure if you're familiar with this yet, but I stumbled on this earlier today:

https://allthetropes.orain.org/

It's literally a TV Tropes schism dedicated to stopping the "censorship" against discussing pornography, apparently.

Vaginapocalypse
Mar 15, 2013

:qq: B-but it's so hard being white! Waaaaaagh! :qq:

All the Tropes posted:

Differences from the competition:

TVT does not allow certain articles and topics to be discussed, because of censorship policies ostensibly imposed by their advertisement sponsors. We are hosted on a service funded by donations, so we have no ads and no widespread censorship. We have a wide range of other benefits too: modern software, secure browsing, and administrators who listen to other opinions. For a fuller explanation of the schism, see Why We Forked TV Tropes.

Why We Forked TV Tropes posted:

We're not Interested In Censorship
We want to create a place where people are free to offer literary criticism (and in-jokes) about any work of fiction -- not just those that are approved as goodthink by the Censorship Bureau. This doesn't mean that we are free from censorship either -- we just have much less. Sexually explicit material will be removed, but discussion of explicit works is encouraged.
This policy derives from our sense of Academic freedom -- the idea that no researcher should be barred from any field of inquiry. While we're a lot less formal than a scientific paper, we believe that there is value to be had in looking at the tropes in famous works like Deep Throat, La Blue Girl, and Lolita (yes, even that was briefly banned). These works may be popular with some, but they address an important part of the human condition.

Debate is Encouraged
That's right -- this wiki is not a hugbox for the administrators. We want people to feel comfortable disagreeing with the administrators without fearing retribution. Far, far too many people have been banned from TV Tropes for expressing opinions contrary to the staff. We even have a Policy for Wiki Staff designed to prevent these kind of abuses.
It's not a free-for-all, but TVT-style censorship is not the answer. Ultimately, the community will make the rules that it wants to see. All the administrators are there to ensure that the wiki space is open and fair to everyone. This is not "my site", this is everyone's site.

Collaborative Culture
While Fast Eddie has described the Creative Commons license used on TV Tropes as a source of "stealing because you can" and "straight up plagiarism", we believe that community content creation is good for the community. You can see the results of such collaboration on websites like Wikipedia, see Flickr photos incorporated into Irregular Webcomic, or read community-writen works like in Fenspace's wiki. Sharing the content widely drives even more creativity.
We're 100% non-profit, so we could easily take the content from the current version of TV Tropes with its non-commercial license. We choose not to do so, because we want the knowledge on our site, such as it is, to be as freely available as possible. Instead, we use the same Creative Commons license as Wikipedia, so that content may be freely interchanged between our two sites and through any other means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

And only 60 rape tropes, what impressive restraint

quote:

we could easily take the content from the current version of TV Tropes with its non-commercial license.
"and in most cases, we did"

• Locked thread