Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

BrianWilly posted:

Never underestimate the capacity of viewers to complain about characters when they have done literally nothing wrong in the whole episode, I guess. Didn't even Thea end up leaving on reasonably good terms with her brother?

She even told him she'd contact him once she got settled, which he silently acknowledged, because he was about to offer himself up to Slade and decided that for some reason letting her think he just up and disappeared would be better than finally telling her the truth for once.

I don't know how well some of you guys remember being 18, but all things considered Thea has handled poo poo like a champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

When my sister was a teenager, she made Thea Queen look like Mother Theresa.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
So, I've been thinking way too much about this show and I've come to a realization.

Moira realized who Oliver was after the undertaking right? When he got abnormally angry at Slade for being there, why didn't she stop and think "hmmm maybe Slade is evil" and tell Ollie then?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Pillowpants posted:

So, I've been thinking way too much about this show and I've come to a realization.

Moira realized who Oliver was after the undertaking right? When he got abnormally angry at Slade for being there, why didn't she stop and think "hmmm maybe Slade is evil" and tell Ollie then?

Obviously she realized that as soon as she said it out loud, she would have to die.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

jscolon2.0 posted:

Obviously she realized that as soon as she said it out loud, she would have to die.

Except she only found out that Slade was from the island when they were captured.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pillowpants posted:

She was too busy being charmed by his smooth moves :pervert:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

A death is really the only strong enough motivation for Laurel to go vigilante. She believes in the law, even though we've seen her faith in it start to dip.

I suppose a member of the mayor's army killing her father could work though.

Plus if she's going to call herself Black Canary that's totally because it's the mourning color.

Well that's going to take all the fun out if Black Manta shows up someday. Hes just some guy who never got over the death of steve irwin apparently.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I'm actually thinking Thea & Oliver's fortune will be diminished but preserved somewhat. Between Walter's ignored call and Thea seeing the news that the market rallied around the change at Queen Consolidated, I wouldn't be shocked to learn that Moira's final shady yet unselfish act was forging Thea's name on those documents needed to preserve the family's assets. It explains why those final scenes with Thea incorporated the least compelling aspect of the final episode's drama - the loss of the family fortune - instead of making peace with Oliver. I suspect the writers are trying to set up the siblings as estranged because at this point SOMEBODY in this city is going to have to be oblivious to Oliver's secret.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I'm not sure money is going to factor in much for hardships they'll have to go through. I don't think they'll have to overcome the money issue in any unique way beyond doing what they normally do - beat up bad guys. In case I'm wrong, they've already established Felicity can magic up money by stealing offshore accounts from gangsters and thieves and other baddies, like politicians or businessfolk, or the elderly.

This was a fun episode, but I'm not gonna lie I fast forwarded through all the bullshit boring pity party bullshit they had Ollie talking about, as well as that other bit with Laurel.

Even Felicity almost got an alt-arrow when she was all "nooooo Oliver don't kill urself, y/n?"

Also, Summer's helmet just looks so goofy. Hahahaha.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 08:04 on May 3, 2014

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
They really should've just gave her a normal Deathstroke mask and then had her take it off after she KO'd Diggle instead.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Drifter posted:

This was a fun episode, but I'm not gonna lie I fast forwarded through all the bullshit boring pity party bullshit they had Ollie talking about, as well as that other bit with Laurel.

This is the biggest load of poo poo for someone who made thirty posts haranguing people for not fully watching every moment of every episode. Hell man how do you know what you missed if you fast-forwarded through it? (jk I already know the answer is arrogance)

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Drifter posted:

I'm not sure money is going to factor in much for hardships they'll have to go through. I don't think they'll have to overcome the money issue in any unique way beyond doing what they normally do - beat up bad guys. In case I'm wrong, they've already established Felicity can magic up money by stealing offshore accounts from gangsters and thieves and other baddies, like politicians or businessfolk, or the elderly.

Even Felicity almost got an alt-arrow when she was all "nooooo Oliver don't kill urself, y/n?"

She has a martian forehead that's way taller than normal. She keeps her hair over it to try to hide it, but in the mask you can see the dome for what it is. And it is large.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

VagueRant posted:

It's not the costume. She just has a gigantic forehead. Like it's 40% of her adorable face. Look up a picture of her and try not to see it.

I was looking at screenshots and it's also her silly big doe eye look and the forced "evil eyebrows" the mask has.

If they covered the eyes up like they did for Slade's mask it probably would have been a lot better.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Sober posted:

They really should've just gave her a normal Deathstroke mask and then had her take it off after she KO'd Diggle instead.

Completely. Saras BlondeWig McBoob-outfit is pushing it but this is the only time they've really dropped the ball in terms of costume design. I hope next ep opens with Diggle having a good laugh at her getup and Slade being all like "I told you people would laugh at the open mask."

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

R-Type posted:

She has a martian forehead that's way taller than normal. She keeps her hair over it to try to hide it, but in the mask you can see the dome for what it is. And it is large.

It seems to bulge weirdly around the temple/ear/jaw area. It makes her look a bit like an ant. Maybe a more rigid mask that just covered the face and not half her hair would have worked better.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Yeah, it's not just Summer Glau's fivehead, the cheeks are weird too. Looks like it was built to fit old Dario from Game of Thrones and his crazy skull.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Sober posted:

A major female character that doesn't show any skin, even if it's just her face? Absurd, I say.

But if they were afraid of not showing Glau's face or something, they should have done just what you said. And it doesn't look anything like Ravager's mask (because of the shape of Glau's head), so if it's supposed to be faithful to the original material, then they missed the point.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 3, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

XboxPants posted:

This is the biggest load of poo poo for someone who made thirty posts haranguing people for not fully watching every moment of every episode. Hell man how do you know what you missed if you fast-forwarded through it? (jk I already know the answer is arrogance)

Oh I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. What I did and what I was talking about earlier have nothing in common. But go back to being :smuggo:. It's a three second skip may two or three times after the first ":qq:oh god I'm so sad/No Ollie you're good people!:qq:" stuff.

I think her helmet/mask is supposed to be some sort of protective thing, like it's so puffed up because it's like a weirdly modified motorcycle helmet. Also, I always disliked the shape of the Batman Begins mask, and feel this one has the same jaw/cheek cupping weird business going on. Not to mention that unless I'm seeing it wrong, that's a ton and a half of eye-black makeup. Everything about it just seems off.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Martout posted:

Completely. Saras BlondeWig McBoob-outfit is pushing it but this is the only time they've really dropped the ball in terms of costume design. I hope next ep opens with Diggle having a good laugh at her getup and Slade being all like "I told you people would laugh at the open mask."
I totally just read that in Manu Benett's voice (or at least the one he uses as Crixus and Slade Wilson).

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
I can still forgive them for how lovely Ravager looks because of how :krad: Nyssa's design is. Lest we forget:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Drifter posted:

They should've given her one of these:

Those face masks are actually bulletproof

They could've played it off as a protective instinct for her face and left it black for differentiation.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

AshB posted:

I can still forgive them for how lovely Ravager looks because of how :krad: Nyssa's design is. Lest we forget:

It's not that bad!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
Yeah, it's pretty true to the comic design. It just looks ridiculous in live action. I don't know how you'd fix it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

AshB posted:

I don't know how you'd fix it.

Obviously you need Terminator eyes for Summer Glau on the mask.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

Obviously you need Terminator eyes for Summer Glau on the mask.

Or just make her eyes not visible, like on Deathstroke's mask. Though that would only fix part of the problem. Visible facial features inherently make a live action superhero mask look extra silly IMO. It's not as bad with Oliver since the hood obscures his face.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 3, 2014

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
What is female deathstroke called? Deathrub?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Ravager

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Accretionist posted:

They should've given her one of these:

Those face masks are actually bulletproof

They could've played it off as a protective instinct for her face and left it black for differentiation.

no way were they going to cover up the second hottest characters face

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

ayb posted:

Thea's not the issue here.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Thea's not the issue here.

He said second hottest.

But Barrowman wasn't even in this episode so I don't know what he's talking about either.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

ayb posted:

Yeah they are. She's quite hot when the glasses come off.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ayb posted:

That's why Roy wears a hoodie.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

ayb posted:

Of course not, that's why Walter will never become a vigilante.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Sexy people on a CW show, you say?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Because i had nothing better to do for the last 15 minutes:

I think the overall shape of the eye is off too. Like, it drops down too low so even with the pronounced eyebrow it can't ever really look mean.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Kin posted:

Because i had nothing better to do for the last 15 minutes:

I think the overall shape of the eye is off too. Like, it drops down too low so even with the pronounced eyebrow it can't ever really look mean.

And now she's Ultraman.

e: Or Battle Fever J.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

Pinwiz11 posted:

And now she's Ultraman.

e: Or Battle Fever J.

Daredevil with a split personality?

Gatito
Mar 29, 2010

AshB posted:

Yeah, it's pretty true to the comic design. It just looks ridiculous in live action. I don't know how you'd fix it.
Quick and dirty.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Lookit how far those eyelashes stick out. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The pony-tail stickin' up out the back is what looked kinda dorky to me.

• Locked thread