Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Woo is awesome, but no way he wins. Unless somehow they're going back to Final 2 and he's up against Kass. Would be terrible game-wise, but incredible television. Woo is not articulate enough to argue any of what people are saying he could argue. Can't even imagine him at final tribal council. Whereas, I can already sort of picture in my head the FTC performances of the other five.
Predicted boot order: one of the brains goes next, then the other one wins immunity the next week, and they have to vote out somebody in the core alliance. Tony picks Trish or Woo, the other four pick Tony, Tony gets what he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
All you guys worried that Tony is guaranteed Final 4 because of the idols are seriously underestimating the insanity that is Tony. For all we know he could throw both idols into the ocean next week because of (?????). Except, knowing Tony's luck, it's be a great move and result in everyone trust him again.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
Does anyone else remember the obvious foreshadowing they popped out at the episode of the tribal mix-up?

Spencer is lying with Kass and Tasha and says something to the effect of: "Wouldn't it be funny if we were the final 3?"

I so believe that and pray that the misfits pull through "together".

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Maybe I'm overthinking it, and maybe that's what Tony did, but I honestly see him in a really tough spot. This all goes back to his voting out of LJ and turning his alliance against him -- but we mostly agreed that was a solid move as LJ had a strong voting block and would've beat anyone in the finals, as well as a solid chance in immunity challenges.

He is in a tough spot and he put himself there this latest episode. Getting rid of Jefra and in the process handing a move to both Spenser and Tasha that pushes their resumes into game winning territory was just about the worst thing he could've done. That's not even considering how he probably won't have anyone besides Woo to count on at this point or the jury implications.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I thought Tony got rid of Jefra for the same reason he voted out Morgan, ie only people who are actually playing the game deserve to be there.
Jefra doesn't, er didn't do anything around camp, or do any strategizing, or make any big moves. She was just there.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Did anyone else notice that the production on this episode seemed really good? Good camera angles during conversations and tribal council, beautiful shots of the island, the segways of the underwater life.

Spatula City posted:

I really hope all five people team up to vote Tony out, and then Tony's single vote decides who goes home

Unlikely because they all saw his normal idol.

der juicen posted:

Hah, Kass's confused face. Beautiful.

Watching CBS's videos about last night's episode. Kass's Confessional

"I really want a brain gone. I want to break up our alliance. I've tried and tried and tried... Day 30, it's over... right? No chance of the Brains reuniting."

:allears:

Zesty fucked around with this message at 10:23 on May 2, 2014

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I want to see Kass answer the final jury questions sooooooo much....

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My main problem with Woo is that he hasn't said cocksucker one time.

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 2, 2014

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

We need more confessionals where Woo describes his adventures in the jungle using Sega references and awesome sound effects. I think I'd probably just watch a show where it was Woo alone on an island, chatting to himself and climbing everything.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Woo already referenced Cliffhanger, so clearly they need an armwrestling immunity challenge so he can namedrop Over the Top. :allears:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Bjay9 posted:

Does anyone else remember the obvious foreshadowing they popped out at the episode of the tribal mix-up?

Spencer is lying with Kass and Tasha and says something to the effect of: "Wouldn't it be funny if we were the final 3?"

I so believe that and pray that the misfits pull through "together".

Yeah I am really hoping this somehow gets pull off. I want Tony to win because he is my favorite, but all three brains making it to the final three and one of them winning would probably be the best story.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

mr.capps posted:

Yeah I am really hoping this somehow gets pull off. I want Tony to win because he is my favorite, but all three brains making it to the final three and one of them winning would probably be the best story.

As someone mentioned earlier, I want to see this if only so I can see Kass get questioned by the jury. Because she seems so completely oblivious to how stupid her move was and how unaware she has seemed whenever she's made strategy talk (particularly when making comments like "why would you turn on your alliance at this point, that would be stupid" 2 episodes after turning on her alliance).

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
To be fair, I don't think Kass ever claimed her move to be particularly intelligent. She just wanted to be the person to make the game-changing move, not that dumb bitch Sarah :downs:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I think Kass was quite aware of how dumb her move was - she just REALLY wanted to see Sarah go.

It's an awful move, but its not like she seemed completely ignorant of how much she was wrecking her chances.

Luckily for her, immediately after her vote Tony basically grabbed the game as a complete attention-whore.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Even though I'm rooting for other players, I do have to admit that Kass winning would be an awesome thing just to see the gloating she would do.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
If Kass won I would be tempted to scour the thread for every single post about how terrible her game was...but it's unlikely she'll win and also that would be douchy as gently caress.

However, I am still smiling at how all three brains are still in the game after the early thread calling every move they made as suicidal.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Who the gently caress is voting for Kass?

Sarah - Oh hell no
Morgan - Oh hell no
LJ - Maybe I guess
Jeremiah - Oh hell no
Jefra - Probably not

And then...

Kass/Spencer/Tasha

Tony - I think he votes Spencer
Woo - ???
Trish - Okay yeah she might vote Kass

Kass/Tony/Woo

Spencer - Oh hell no
Tasha - Oh hell no
Trish - Tony

You can fish for a few more permutations, but there's basically no way in hell Kass wins.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

Anonymous Zebra posted:

If Kass won I would be tempted to scour the thread for every single post about how terrible her game was...but it's unlikely she'll win and also that would be douchy as gently caress.

However, I am still smiling at how all three brains are still in the game after the early thread calling every move they made as suicidal.

Every move they did make was suicidal though. Imagine if they just decided to roll with the punches and the producers thought leaving the tribes as is until a merge happened was a good idea. The Brains would had to have been dissolved.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The brains would probably be gone if the shuffled tribes didn't work out so perfectly.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Surviving the consequences of a dumb move does not retroactively transform it into a good move. See also: Ozzy.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Surviving the consequences of a dumb move does not retroactively transform it into a good move. See also: Ozzy.

See also: Going on Survivor.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So I was looking at all the previous seasons of Survivor, since although I've caught most of the returnee seasons I've only seen around half or so of the near thirty seasons.

And I had no idea how drat epic Pavarti vs Sandra must've been as a Final Tribal Council. I vaguely remember rooting for Pavarti, since I had seen her season. And for the two of the arguably best players to somehow fight for control of the game... drat.

Out of the more recentish crop, is there any sort've matchup that you think could rival that?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BGrifter posted:

As much as Ozzy was a bust on Survivor he did much better on the Playboy Channel's "Foursome" reality show where he nailed both women with ease and nutted on one of their faces because "that's how she likes it!" :holy::gizz:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Robnoxious posted:

As much as Ozzy was a bust on Survivor he did much better on the Playboy Channel's "Foursome" reality show where he nailed both women with ease and nutted on one of their faces because "that's how she likes it!" :holy::gizz:

That's always been one of my favorite ozzy appearances.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Robnoxious posted:

"Having sex with Oscar was like having sex on top of the world" :allears:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

It came from Twitter.

Edit Bonus: Don't feel like making 9 gifs work together, so here's a screenshot of this tumblr thing:

Zesty fucked around with this message at 11:53 on May 3, 2014

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Looks like a Survivor bingo board to me!

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Shakugan posted:

As someone mentioned earlier, I want to see this if only so I can see Kass get questioned by the jury. Because she seems so completely oblivious to how stupid her move was and how unaware she has seemed whenever she's made strategy talk (particularly when making comments like "why would you turn on your alliance at this point, that would be stupid" 2 episodes after turning on her alliance).

I'd rather see Kass answer questions about her :airquote:strategy:airquote: in an exit interview.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Binary Logic posted:

I'd rather see Kass answer questions about her :airquote:strategy:airquote: in an exit interview.

I'd also like to see her getting treated like ~Queen Morgan~ in Ponderosa.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

this is the greatest thing.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
That's pretty awesome

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I want to see Man Versus Wild but with Woo and Fabio

E: and Coach (first season) and Tyson.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Met posted:

Edit Bonus: Don't feel like making 9 gifs work together, so here's a screenshot of this tumblr thing:

I think "unjustifiably smug" is what that expression is actually called.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Narcissus1916 posted:

And I had no idea how drat epic Pavarti vs Sandra must've been as a Final Tribal Council. I vaguely remember rooting for Pavarti, since I had seen her season. And for the two of the arguably best players to somehow fight for control of the game... drat.

Out of the more recentish crop, is there any sort've matchup that you think could rival that?
Sandra + Parvati really are a great couple of players but the final tribal was all about Russell. Jury says, We hate Russell; Parvati says, Well I ran this game as much as Russell did; Sandra says, Well I was offering to actually vote Russell out! Jury says OK Sandra is the most non-Russell option.

I'd really like to see that game play out in a world where Russell doesn't bring Sandra to the end. Sandra would never win any physical challenge, so she couldn't protect herself, all it would've taken was Russell seeing reason or Parv grabbing that challenge win. Jerri has a chance to win in that situation but I don't think she does, as she followed Russell more than anyone, even joining on the Danielle vote.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-_k9UVPBK0

Haha was watching this and juts got to Sandra's extended promotion of Outback Steakhouse. Classic poo poo.

Haha thank you to the editor of that video for including this: http://youtu.be/J-_k9UVPBK0?t=9m41s

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 3, 2014

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
I always DVR the episodes hours (sometimes days) after they air. I judge an episode's quality beforehand by the number of new posts in the Survivor thread.

This one was 300+, a very good vintage!

Bad move by Tony. He could have coasted with his alliance, he's immune to blindside with his two idols. Spencer and Tasha are his biggest competitors in the finals, and Jefra was not! DUMB DUMB DUMB.

Still, unless he loses final immunity, he's going to win.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Fast Luck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-_k9UVPBK0

Haha was watching this and juts got to Sandra's extended promotion of Outback Steakhouse. Classic poo poo.

Haha thank you to the editor of that video for including this: http://youtu.be/J-_k9UVPBK0?t=9m41s

Thanks for posting this.

This is the reason Sandra is the greatest Survivor player ever right here, she has a complete understanding of her situation, her place in the game, what needs to happen to Survive, and her attitude is suited for the task (she don't give a gently caress).

This little interaction between her and Courtney is so loving hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-_k9UVPBK0#t=320

Courtney - "We're on the bottom, etc etc..."
Sandra - "This is what we get for being biiiiitcheeees":mmmhmm: *fistbump*

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I love Sandra's mercenary attitude, and I can't wait until I have time to watch Heroes vs. Villains and observe her glorious victory over the Gigantic Red Hot Ball of Smug.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
Loved this episode even though I still don't understand Tony's thought process in voting out Jefra when he has 2 idols. As a viewer, voting out Jefra was the best possible outcome this week. So many entertaining people this season, I love it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

savinhill posted:

He is in a tough spot and he put himself there this latest episode. Getting rid of Jefra and in the process handing a move to both Spenser and Tasha that pushes their resumes into game winning territory was just about the worst thing he could've done. That's not even considering how he probably won't have anyone besides Woo to count on at this point or the jury implications.

I said a lot of stuff before what you quoted to point out why just going with the plan to the final four is a really bad proposition for him. Cutting out a single part of my post and ignoring why I said that final bit doesn't change that. It doesn't matter how good Tasha or Spencer's story is if you're not in the final 3, and just voting with his block for this tribal puts him in a position where that's very likely.

• Locked thread