Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Arkane posted:

We are desperate for help to identify INCREDIBLY SHORT snippets of music for a Trivia contest.

The thread is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3608793

You have to join us on IRC to help, the channel is #tpmusic. This is very time sensitive. Ignore this post if you're reading this any later than today.

We're getting down to the deadline for these and really could use some help! We need to identify 5/8 more!

#tpmusic on SynIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

sitchelin posted:

There's a song I'd heard on one of my local stations for a while now but I could never get a hold on the artist. It had lots of piano, despite being on a classic rock station. All I can remember of the lyrics was a small bit that went something like "I never dreamed, I never thought..." or maybe it was "I never thought, I never knew...", my memory's really fuzzy, but I've always wanted to know what the song was.

It's not classic rock, but this sounds like "Over My Head" by The Fray to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VZOmGOwmxw

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Ok so this is a long shot. I can remember the music video, mostly. It's about a guy who works at a grocery store, and he falls in love with a girl whos in the check out line- "Clean up" or something like that?

Songs from the early 2000's.

Jesus my brain hurts from trying to place this drat song

bigcatpants
Feb 10, 2004

Will you be my friend fire?
Foo Fighters Song, I'm 99% sure.

It is reminiscent of their song "Walk", where there is a lot of yelling/talking in the midway/latter half, but it's not "I'm never gonna die! I'm never gonna die!" etc. It is a long, unbroken string of yelling that I just love hearing, but I for the love of dog in me cannot figure out which song it is. It has gotten radioplay as recently as last week here in southern California, so it is... popular? I dunno. I just need to figure this song out!

TIA

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

OH WORD SON posted:

Ok so this is a long shot. I can remember the music video, mostly. It's about a guy who works at a grocery store, and he falls in love with a girl whos in the check out line- "Clean up" or something like that?

Songs from the early 2000's.

Jesus my brain hurts from trying to place this drat song

I hope you're not thinking of the late 2000's Michael Buble sickly pop thing "Haven't Met You Yet" (or I guess Bad Lip Reading's version). The video is kind of supermarket focused, although cleaning doesn't enter into it and I think he's shopping instead of working.

Wyatt
Jul 7, 2009

NOOOOOOOOOO.

bigcatpants posted:

Foo Fighters Song, I'm 99% sure.

It is reminiscent of their song "Walk", where there is a lot of yelling/talking in the midway/latter half, but it's not "I'm never gonna die! I'm never gonna die!" etc. It is a long, unbroken string of yelling that I just love hearing, but I for the love of dog in me cannot figure out which song it is. It has gotten radioplay as recently as last week here in southern California, so it is... popular? I dunno. I just need to figure this song out!

TIA

"Monkey Wrench" has a long segment like this and was a popular single. So, maybe?

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

ThaGhettoJew posted:

I hope you're not thinking of the late 2000's Michael Buble sickly pop thing "Haven't Met You Yet" (or I guess Bad Lip Reading's version). The video is kind of supermarket focused, although cleaning doesn't enter into it and I think he's shopping instead of working.

Not Michael buble

The chorus has a phrase spoken over the store intercom.

The song came out in 2000-2001. I know because I had it from Napster and put it on my 16mb memory card for my RCA mp3 player

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

OH WORD SON posted:

Not Michael buble

The chorus has a phrase spoken over the store intercom.

The song came out in 2000-2001. I know because I had it from Napster and put it on my 16mb memory card for my RCA mp3 player

Could it be 'Aisle 10 (Hello Allison)' by Scapegoat Wax?

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

I was coming in here to say I found it and you are freaking correct buddy!

God, I had awful taste in music in highschool

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

My friend is looking for a song. He can't identify the genre it is, but some of the lyrics go like this:

"The facts that are sitting there are impossible to count and the way to heaven for free, black me"

"I don't have to put up and say I was insane"

"Who gives a gently caress if it was a meterosexual"

The chorus is:

"Heads up, play time"

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

MegaZeroX posted:

My friend is looking for a song. He can't identify the genre it is, but some of the lyrics go like this:

"The facts that are sitting there are impossible to count and the way to heaven for free, black me"

"I don't have to put up and say I was insane"

"Who gives a gently caress if it was a meterosexual"

The chorus is:

"Heads up, play time"
No link cause I'm phone posting, but google says it's The Flatliners - Fred's Got Slacks.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
I'm sorry if this is too generic to identify but it's killing me.

What's that song that goes "Ooh ma me Oh mymy [something] here [something] here"? I remember it was in the third generation of Skins if that helps.

I know it was a popular song a while back which is why I feel dumb as hell for not knowing what it is.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

No link cause I'm phone posting, but google says it's The Flatliners - Fred's Got Slacks.

Thanks! How did you find it with Google, by the way? I tried doing advanced search, but I couldn't find anything.

Edit: Never mind. He was only right on the "metrosexual" line, so I couldn't find it because it was wrong. Googling the correct line got me it instantly.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 17, 2014

Grendel
Jul 21, 2001

Heh, heh, heh...bueno

Redczar posted:

If anyone can let me know anything about this song I will be eternally grateful.

A friend of mine says that the song is called "The Plot Thickens", and it's probably by a band called Audiofile.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Grendel posted:

A friend of mine says that the song is called "The Plot Thickens", and it's probably by a band called Audiofile.

Wow, amazing! Thank you, your friend, and MegaZeroX for drawing my attention to your post. I really appreciate it

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
I need help with a song that I heard sometime around 2006-2007. Indie-ish, guy singing, pretty slow and a little bit melancholic, sort of sounds like a Beirut song in my head. I remember the chorus as being:

quote:

The altitude's too high to broadcast tonight
La la la la
How close we are, how far we are now
Put your ear to the (?), can't you hear, hear the sound

All I can find using those lyrics is a post from 2005 asking about the same song.

hummingbird hoedown
Sep 23, 2004

IS THAT A STUPID NEWBIE AVATAR? FUCK NO, YOU'RE GETTING A PENTAR

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made Products
Here's something obscure for you:

Don't ask me how I came across the video, but I was much more interested in the music by the time it was over. I have no idea if this is something made in-house, comes from a trailer music company, or comes from a game. Any help would be appreciated. The song is in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkebo7rdKik

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Evidently not that obscure. SoundHound says it is this crazy song.

Though it is cool.

hummingbird hoedown
Sep 23, 2004

IS THAT A STUPID NEWBIE AVATAR? FUCK NO, YOU'RE GETTING A PENTAR

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made Products

Paper With Lines posted:

Evidently not that obscure. SoundHound says it is this crazy song.

Though it is cool.

Oops, I meant the video being obscure. I knew the song sounded a little too professional to be made by someone in his or her basement. Thanks for the help!

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003
The Brian Williams Gin and Juice cover is going around the internets these days, but I remember there was another Gin and Juice cover with the voice of a news personality whose name escapes me at the moment. I think it was made by a goon, but probably at least 5-10 years ago. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Edit - Of course I find it right after posting, it was "Ted Koppel", made by darthpunk.

aksuur fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 23, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

This is kind of the opposite of what is normally posted here. I'm looking for the lyrics to the song Wanna Feel It by Vibrolux. I can't find lyrics for it anywhere.

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art
I got another one, pretty confident this is another edit, but I'd be happy with either the name of the edit or the name of the original track.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If I can get help identifying two songs.

First, there's this song that plays over the radio at work and it sounds like it's a mix of Cee Lo Green's "Cry Baby", but to a faster beat with a female singer. I've tried looking up "Cry Baby Remix" and all that comes up are the mixes on the single.

Second song is an older sounding tune with sort of a disco beat and with what little I can identify the chorus as it's something like "LADY, PRETTY LADY!"

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Are there any songs out there with a similar sound to 'Big City Nights' by Scorpions?

I'm not music savvy but I thought it has almost a surfboard sound to it or something, but I've been struggling to find something for awhile.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
It's a popular song, probably in the 80's I think. It starts with "dun dun, dun dun, dun dun, good morning" in a robotic voice.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

MVP posted:

Are there any songs out there with a similar sound to 'Big City Nights' by Scorpions?

I'm not music savvy but I thought it has almost a surfboard sound to it or something, but I've been struggling to find something for awhile.

It's more of the big guitar sound of the early to mid-80's, in that spot after 70's metal but before the glam/hair bands of the late 80's.

Check out any of Van Halen's early stuff pre-1986 (Ain't Talkin Bout Love sounds a lot like Big City Nights), Boston's Don't Look Back album, Dio, early Bon Jovi, late Deep Purple, early Def Leppard, Whitesnake.

Adjunct Cheesecake
Mar 19, 2009

mmmmmm
There's an oldies song from the 50s/60s I'm having trouble identifying. It has a male singer (don't know if it's a band or a solo act), and the most distinctive part is that there's what sounds like a lot of whistling in the chorus. In terms of lyrics, the only part I can remember is a bit that goes "aaaaaaaand nowwwwww, you ...." with a guitar being played in the background. It sounds kind of like Cathy's Clown by the Everly Brothers.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Thanks guys

Tingles
Jul 26, 2006

Adjunct Cheesecake posted:

There's an oldies song from the 50s/60s I'm having trouble identifying. It has a male singer (don't know if it's a band or a solo act), and the most distinctive part is that there's what sounds like a lot of whistling in the chorus. In terms of lyrics, the only part I can remember is a bit that goes "aaaaaaaand nowwwwww, you ...." with a guitar being played in the background. It sounds kind of like Cathy's Clown by the Everly Brothers.

I feel this may be Moody Blues- Go Now?

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Pweller posted:

Heard this on Canadian radio, lyrics aren't online but found a couple people tweeting snippets to confirm it's a real song.
It's R&B/hip hip, has easy piano-synth backing,

Chorus sung by same single dude each time, goes:
"Hey girl... how you doing...baby won't you come on over. Ooh I wanna give it to ya, touch your body in all the right places."
"Baby you're a good girl, you're a good girl... you're good"

Between the above it rotates different guys rapping about the chick getting all up on it.
I think the song may be called Good Girl, but that's no help apparently.

It's one of two things, I believe:

"Hold On We're Going Home" By Drake and Majid Jordan

"Blurred Lines" By Robin Thicke (I believe there might be a remix with some rap verses on it but I might be off)

Edit: Almost positive it's Drake.

Definitely not Drake or Thicke, randomly caught the end of the song again on the radio, had my phone handy to record a bit.
My girlfriend thinks she recognizes the backing music as some sampling from a 90s song, but not that I know of,

goodgirl? track

Mordieth
Dec 23, 2008
looking for a song what was reasonably popular in 2014 feb-march, duet between a man and a woman, has a line in it that is something along the lines of "you've been sleeping poorly" only song by one of them (the girl i think).

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Mordieth posted:

looking for a song what was reasonably popular in 2014 feb-march, duet between a man and a woman, has a line in it that is something along the lines of "you've been sleeping poorly" only song by one of them (the girl i think).

Pink ft Nate Ruess - "Just Give Me A Reason" maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpQFFLBMEPI

Mordieth
Dec 23, 2008
yup, that's it. Can't believe I'm listening to pink.

Tshirt Ninja
Jan 1, 2010
Fuzzed out garage rock song a la Ty Segall, the Reatards or The Black Lips (mostly sounded like Ty Segall actually) that I heard on a radio station today that was playing other music that you might find on Sirius XMU. Had a chorus intro that was a full two beat pause followed by a four-on-the-floor guitar chord intro to the chorus that was just the same note played like eight times and then a short riff before drums/vocals joined. I remember it being a pretty popular single on Pitchfork-like stations as recently as last summer, I think. Any help?

e. Never mind. Bass Drum of Death "Get Found".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-sT-fUnxiI

Tshirt Ninja fucked around with this message at 05:24 on May 3, 2014

Superimposition
Apr 23, 2014
Does anyone know where the tune in this Newswipe excerpt is from?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Superimposition posted:

Does anyone know where the tune in this Newswipe excerpt is from?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4
Seems to be the snappily titled Part 1/IBM 1401 Processing Unit by Johann Johannsson.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I'm looking for a hip hop song that's at least a few years old. It has a really dramatic orchestral/choral intro that sounds sort of like o fortuna but I don't think that's actually what it is. The lyrics are all about angels and demons and stuff like that, and I think its a pretty short song.

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008
This is going to be a bit backwards but can someone please tell me the movie and or thing I am trying to think of that this Cello Song is from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FblHCHOLAcQ

I know it has been in a lot of things but probably particularly this version.
Any help of where it would be from would be great.

Thanks

Wyatt
Jul 7, 2009

NOOOOOOOOOO.

tagelthebagel posted:

This is going to be a bit backwards but can someone please tell me the movie and or thing I am trying to think of that this Cello Song is from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FblHCHOLAcQ

I know it has been in a lot of things but probably particularly this version.
Any help of where it would be from would be great.

Thanks

That's Bach's Suite No. 1 in G and is everywhere. It was featured prominently in the trailer for The Soloist (2009). Maybe that's it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008

Wyatt posted:

That's Bach's Suite No. 1 in G and is everywhere. It was featured prominently in the trailer for The Soloist (2009). Maybe that's it?

YES! =D Thank you!