Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Torrent posted:

How did that work? You can't make a Pact with characters over 300 points. Was the Darkseid guy running 67 points down in a 300 or 400-point game, with one of the smaller Darkseid versions?
The 267 point version from Superman, not the new one from SLOSH. If you only have one attacker, you are completely neutered by the Pact, and the player that plays highfather just needs to knock out the support figures.

Edit: I love, love the red lanterns. I knew I wanted the characters from Soule's RL book, but I really want Atroticus, Laira and Hal too now.

Edit2: Just watched the unboxing video. Looks like another will be out soon that shows more gameplay elements. Also, I was worried that the word balloons would hard to get (like the rings), but it seems like a specific word balloon comes with each specific deadpool character. So if there are 10 balloons they come with:

1. Uncommon Deadpool
2. Uncommon prime deadpool (hopefully the hardest to get)
3. Dogpool
4. Ladypool
5. Headpool (I think these are all uncommons/commons? I'm not going to re-watch the video to find out)
6. GF Deadpool
7. Thunderbolts FF Deadpool

That leaves 3 word bubbles left. One will probably be an LE item, but they don't seem like they will be hard to get them all, except for that one that comes with the uncommon prime. Edit: last two are kidpool and the Deadpool & Bob combo I guess). Edit edit: I guess there is thorpool too, and further speculation is probably useless.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sanschel posted:

Double posting for Deadpool unboxing video by the handsomest person I've ever seen touching a Heroclix ;-* https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3tY0UMShb1Q

Chase Zombie Switchclix. Hold onto your butts.

A new Constrictor!

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Went to free comic book day and picked up a Batman and Joker. I believe they are from the Arkham Origins set, but both have a purple ring around the base. What's the deal with them, anyone know? Haven't had a chance to check them out yet.

Edit: Also picked up 10 Deadpool gravity feed figures. Cool thing is I got 9 different characters with just one dupe of Hammerhead. Just missing a Snakeroot Clan Ninja. I also took a look at the Batman and the Joker. They are both 100 points, don't have traits or improved movement, and generally suck. That was a little disappointing.

Seymour Butts fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 3, 2014

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Seymour Butts posted:

Went to free comic book day and picked up a Batman and Joker. I believe they are from the Arkham Origins set, but both have a purple ring around the base. What's the deal with them, anyone know? Haven't had a chance to check them out yet.
I also took a look at the Batman and the Joker. They are both 100 points, don't have traits or improved movement, and generally suck. That was a little disappointing.

Purple rings denote promo figures. They're not legal for tournament play, but check with your local venue to see if they actually enforce that. The dials on those two are actually kind of designed to suck... they're deliberately simple to help new players learn the game, so they're not supposed to have anything fancy.

Had a 600-point, no fliers/no range tournament today. I went with the Dark World Warriors Three, along with their Hammer of Thor counterparts. That turned out to be kind of a mistake, as far as anybody having fun went. Two games in a row, HoT Fandral was able to Flurry a 350-point Worldbreaker to death in one turn, what with the 14 attack and 6 damage that he was sporting due to so many bros. It was kind of disgusting.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I was pumped for this Deadpool set, but my venue just closed down for good.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Fritzler posted:

The 267 point version from Superman, not the new one from SLOSH. If you only have one attacker, you are completely neutered by the Pact, and the player that plays highfather just needs to knock out the support figures.

Edit: I love, love the red lanterns. I knew I wanted the characters from Soule's RL book, but I really want Atroticus, Laira and Hal too now.

Edit2: Just watched the unboxing video. Looks like another will be out soon that shows more gameplay elements. Also, I was worried that the word balloons would hard to get (like the rings), but it seems like a specific word balloon comes with each specific deadpool character. So if there are 10 balloons they come with:

1. Uncommon Deadpool
2. Uncommon prime deadpool (hopefully the hardest to get)
3. Dogpool
4. Ladypool
5. Headpool (I think these are all uncommons/commons? I'm not going to re-watch the video to find out)
6. GF Deadpool
7. Thunderbolts FF Deadpool

That leaves 3 word bubbles left. One will probably be an LE item, but they don't seem like they will be hard to get them all, except for that one that comes with the uncommon prime. Edit: last two are kidpool and the Deadpool & Bob combo I guess). Edit edit: I guess there is thorpool too, and further speculation is probably useless.

No Hulkpool in this set, then? That's a shame.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Vamp & Animus: http://heroclix.com/heroclix/preview/marvel-heroclix-deadpool-vamp-animus/

Vamp is pretty awesome for sub-80; Outwit, power copying, end dial Pulse Wave, she's a solid low point attacker than can be a variable nuisance depending on who's nearby.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Red posted:

No Hulkpool in this set, then? That's a shame.

If Hulkpool exists, I can see it not having a word balloon since he'd be finishing a cycle of clix from two and a half years ago. Here's hoping :allears:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
These chase figures are going to be the most expensive for a very long time probably aren't they? Trying to decide between the case and the C/U/R/SR set. Both are the same price so it's a bit annoying. I like all the SR dials revealed so far and the characters for the unrevealed ones. Being able to check the dials and then choose a chase if I go for one on the secondary market is appealing as well.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?
Totally not playing at my venue tonight.. Just showed up.

It's 1000pts, silver age. So far, the teams are: Dark Phoenix Cyclops, Ziran the Tester, Uatu and a few other things (possibly also the serpent), Sauron and a bunch of minions, likely all of the Pacific Rim Kaiju, the cheeselords (warmachine/ironman duo from IM 3, Forge, Mojo, and Deathlok) team, all the black lanterns someone could put on a team, and who knows what else...

I HATE nights like this where it's imbalanced as hell.

SublimeDelusions fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 6, 2014

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Anyone here going to any conventions this year?

Looks like we have Origins, Gen-Con, the European stuff and an appearance at the Yughioh championship series (I'll be running demos and/or events there btw so come out and say hello)

I will be at the yughioh thing running stuff and definitely at Gen-Con. Anyone else going to be at anything?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Anyone here going to any conventions this year?

Looks like we have Origins, Gen-Con, the European stuff and an appearance at the Yughioh championship series (I'll be running demos and/or events there btw so come out and say hello)

I will be at the yughioh thing running stuff and definitely at Gen-Con. Anyone else going to be at anything?

I'm debating Gen-Con, since family is going and lives right there. I just don't think I'm experienced enough to be competitive, and none of the for-sale exclusives really excite me. I'd really like that Jonah Hex, though.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
I will be judging at Gen-Con yet again this year. No idea if I'll be on day shift or night shift, but I'll certainly be there. Probably won't get the chance to play anything, unless I end up on day shift, but time will tell. Will not be making any of the other conventions, though.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp7oUCj1108

Grasshopper! This set is glorious with those goofy D-listers I love.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Red posted:

I'm debating Gen-Con, since family is going and lives right there. I just don't think I'm experienced enough to be competitive, and none of the for-sale exclusives really excite me. I'd really like that Jonah Hex, though.

Gen-Con is a blast in its own right. Clix is just bonus money

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Red posted:

Building on what Morand said about it being a blast (it is!), there's plenty of ways to get prizes even without being competitive. You can get a Con LE for winning a battle royale (and it's pretty loving rare for 2nd and 3rd place to not at least get a super-rare), you can get a Con LE for placing at least 8th in any constructed tournament, and the most valuable things last year, the bat-belt items? Those were participation prizes in constructed tournaments. Everyone got one just for sitting down.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'll be at GenCon this year, last year was a blast and I'm looking forward to it again. I'd like to try more things this time around; last year I just ran 'clix all four days and I feel like there was a ton more I could've been doing. At the very least I'd like to see if there's any Dice Masters or X-Wing games being played, or just spend a day wandering around demoing stuff.

Clix-wise the constructed side games were a ton of fun and extremely low stress compared to the Modern qualifier I did. If you feel like jumping into something for a Con LE I second Andy's suggestion of playing one of those.

Red posted:

drat, Blink and Superior Spidey are incredible, as are the Zombies' Traits. 8 chases though :(

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

I'll be at GenCon this year, last year was a blast and I'm looking forward to it again. I'd like to try more things this time around; last year I just ran 'clix all four days and I feel like there was a ton more I could've been doing. At the very least I'd like to see if there's any Dice Masters or X-Wing games being played, or just spend a day wandering around demoing stuff.

Clix-wise the constructed side games were a ton of fun and extremely low stress compared to the Modern qualifier I did. If you feel like jumping into something for a Con LE I second Andy's suggestion of playing one of those.

Well. drat. I may just have to do this, then.

quote:

drat, Blink and Superior Spidey are incredible, as are the Zombies' Traits. 8 chases though :(

Yeesh. I guess I'm grabbing a half brick the day of.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Red posted:

A new Anaconda. Welp, I can die happy. :v:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'm going to the UK thing in Birmingham at the end of May. Apparently they'll have some nice participation prizes and probably some con LEs, should be fun all round really.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 6, 2014

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

BLIND AL! She is interesting, and if you can get her across the map, she could mess with Xavier/Fantomex teams a bit.

I had my Blind Al mod on a Destiny dial, but this works, too.

We have Weasel. We have Blind Al. Just need word on T-Ray, Fenway, C.F. and Patch and then I'll be stoked. I WILL TAKE THOSE LAST THREE ON ONE DIAL IF IT MEANS I CAN HAVE THEM, WIZKIDS. DO NOT FAIL ME. PLEASE.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

BLIND AL! She is interesting, and if you can get her across the map, she could mess with Xavier/Fantomex teams a bit.

I had my Blind Al mod on a Destiny dial, but this works, too.

We have Weasel. We have Blind Al. Just need word on T-Ray, Fenway, C.F. and Patch and then I'll be stoked. I WILL TAKE THOSE LAST THREE ON ONE DIAL IF IT MEANS I CAN HAVE THEM, WIZKIDS. DO NOT FAIL ME. PLEASE.

And if they make a T-Ray, he better have huge-rear end purple gloves and a band-aid over his nose.

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post
I am debating Gen Con. My only hesitation comes from Dragon Con, which I will definitely be attending (already bought my tickets).

They are just really close together and I don't know if I can swing both, financially.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
If you look carefully in that video, you can see the back of the zombie cards. It looks like they have team base powers on them. So not only 8 chases, but chases that go on a team base.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

I'm definitely in for Gen Con; it's always a blast!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Someone on the realms asked me to trade my Snakeroot Clan Ninja for a WXM Spiral. The ninja's peak value is probably right now - right?

Edit: To pile on Steve Vader's request, I realllllly want a Deathtrap:

Red fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 7, 2014

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Red posted:

Someone on the realms asked me to trade my Snakeroot Clan Ninja for a WXM Spiral. The ninja's peak value is probably right now - right?
Common for a rare? Am I missing something, because that seems like a really good trade for you.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Common for a rare? Am I missing something, because that seems like a really good trade for you.

It does, and that's what I thought. But the Snakeroot guys are going for around $6 on eBay, so maybe it's just a demand thing. I told the guy I'd wait to see the demand for the ninjas after the set's been out for more than a week - and he'd be my first choice to trade with if I trade the figure.

More than anything, I don't want the guy to feel ripped off, and give me poor feedback or something. Plus, if it turns out to be super common anyway, I know if it was me, I'd hate to jump the gun and trade a good rare - I don't wanna hose someone else.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

it's basically the fact that it's A Gravity Feed Generic that is more than just effective considering what the dial costs you (50 Points). You have a top click with great stats at the point range (10/3 with Exploit Weakness and a 17 Defense with Willpower), the means to potentially get out of multiple tight spots with the Trait that triggers in Hindering at the end of your turn, and the potential to take any one power of a character it KOed that cost more points than it. Those are all in addition to the Stealth it's got for it's whole dial, the Hydra TA to make shooting easier, and the fact that it would also have access to The Hand ATA thanks to the Keyword (although, only for The Hand, HYDRA and Martial Artist Theme Teams thanks to the new rules).

But yeah, demand for these guys may go up, or it may go down. Hell, it could just stay at the $5-6 mark thanks to being a GOOD Gravity Feed Generic in the first place.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Red posted:

Edit: To pile on Steve Vader's request, I realllllly want a Deathtrap:

I can't believe I forgot about Deathtrap. Especially now that "Elaborate Deathtrap" is a Heroclix thing!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Most places around here have a "highlander rule" of only one version of any specific character per team (so no multiple Steve Rogers, but Steve Cap & Bucky Cap is hunky dory), but tonight's game was anti-highlander in that you could only use characters with the same real name. After much hemming and hawing about who I wanted to run (Cyke & Tony Stark were big contenders, Punisher was close too) I opted for what I thought would be a more fun, less competitive team: Triplicate Girl. Turns out I was wildly wrong.

006 Triplicate Girl x4
208 Triplicate Girl
Legion Lost x5
Legion Flight Ring

The strategy was pretty basic: 208 Trip grabs the Flight ring which means the pogs can use Defend, then have them back up the 006s while they cluster around things and hammer away for 5 damage a piece, while using the ATA to choose whatever TA suited me best. With their paltry 9 attacks and meager 17 defenses I didn't expect Splitting Bodies to make much of a difference, but I also hadn't given much thought to how adding a third die to attacks or removing an entire die's worth of value from an opponent's attack would make.

Round 1 I faced a Cyclops team and picked a map of elevation to slow him down; I hadn't thought to pick a hindering map and copy Batman Ally, so while browsing the DC TA list for something that wasn't Mystics (it gets used enough with Thunderbolts) I opted for Superman Enemy, because why not have 5 Outwits on this team. We slowly pick our way to each other and finally engage; when I slapped a Cyke to the ground with one Trip I began to realize how good these girls are, but it wasn't until AvX Cyke tried to shoot one Trip who turned his roll of 11 into a 5 because she rolled a 6 for Splitting Bodies that I realized what this team was capable of. In short order the Cykes had all fallen and the Trips remained undeterred.

Round 2 Namor arose from the briny depths because he heard there were triplets running around and let's be honest, Namor's kind of a lech. SI Namor, GG GF Namor, & P5 Namor, to be exact. This round the Outwits made all the difference, shutting down the two Namors I could counter the powers of while they were quickly turned into paste. P5 Namor proved an uphill battle as he kept Perplexing up his defense and even with three dice the 9 I needed to hit him eluded me; I even beat the odds at one point and managed to successfully crit miss with all three dice! Namor tried to Quake once, but when I rolled two 6s, a 4, and a 3 and he would only have hit me on a crit hit, he opted not to go for the group attacks anymore. Eventually he too fell and the Trips waded across his body to their next battle.

Round 3 was Steve Rogers, the man himself. The big thing here was HoT Cap, so into the Sinister Prison we went! I huddled in one cell and slowly dug through the walls until he'd moved close enough, then popped out and began laying waste to the Caps present. AvX Cap was one-shotted, peanut Cap fell to two more Trips, and then HoT Cap was obliterated by an astonishing 3 dice crit hit. At this point my opponent, fed up with my ridiculous ability to game the system with extra dice, conceded the match.

006 Triplicate Girl verdict: :vince:

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 07:22 on May 7, 2014

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

I can't believe I forgot about Deathtrap. Especially now that "Elaborate Deathtrap" is a Heroclix thing!

Give a good writer some freedom, and they just create. Joe Kelly did so much awesome stuff, and gave us a ton of new characters in a short period of time.

I just wish the TPBs of Kelly's run were cheaper. :smith:

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Red posted:

Give a good writer some freedom, and they just create. Joe Kelly did so much awesome stuff, and gave us a ton of new characters in a short period of time.

I just wish the TPBs of Kelly's run were cheaper. :smith:

Are they pricey? I was fortunate enough to get all the individual issues as they came out (hell, Deadpool #4 got me into comics full time). It was a weird time, because that book was CONSTANTLY under threat of cancellation - which is why the last arc gets so much flak, as it was supposed to be a 12-issue thing that he had to cram into six issues, and it didn't come off as well as it would have. Although people bash it a lot more than they should, because the only "big twist" was that Deadpool's name wasn't really Wade Wilson, but people seem to think it fundamentally changed everything about him.

I am still slightly bothered by the fact that the whole Deadpool/Siryn relationship, packed with so much moralistic necessity, was just completely deflated by Peter David in X-Factor, who was tired of hearing people ask for a DP appearance there and wanted to do his own thing with Siryn, so he had her just rut with him matter-of-factly as a one-off reboundy mistake and that was that. BUT I HAVE FEELINGS ABOUT COMICS.

Anyway, Stuff I'm still hoping for: C.F., Fenway, Patch, Copycat, Deathtrap, Montgomery, Zoe Culloden, T-Ray... although I have mods of C.F., Fenway, Patch, Zoe and T-Ray, so I GUESS I could cope with their absence, but c'mon.

When does this set actually come out?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

Are they pricey? I was fortunate enough to get all the individual issues as they came out (hell, Deadpool #4 got me into comics full time). It was a weird time, because that book was CONSTANTLY under threat of cancellation - which is why the last arc gets so much flak, as it was supposed to be a 12-issue thing that he had to cram into six issues, and it didn't come off as well as it would have. Although people bash it a lot more than they should, because the only "big twist" was that Deadpool's name wasn't really Wade Wilson, but people seem to think it fundamentally changed everything about him.

I am still slightly bothered by the fact that the whole Deadpool/Siryn relationship, packed with so much moralistic necessity, was just completely deflated by Peter David in X-Factor, who was tired of hearing people ask for a DP appearance there and wanted to do his own thing with Siryn, so he had her just rut with him matter-of-factly as a one-off reboundy mistake and that was that. BUT I HAVE FEELINGS ABOUT COMICS.

Anyway, Stuff I'm still hoping for: C.F., Fenway, Patch, Copycat, Deathtrap, Montgomery, Zoe Culloden, T-Ray... although I have mods of C.F., Fenway, Patch, Zoe and T-Ray, so I GUESS I could cope with their absence, but c'mon.

When does this set actually come out?

Hmm, a few months ago, the Deadpool Classic TPBs were in the upper $20s and low $30s, now they're all in the low $20s. Still, if you're a completist, ~$160 ain't cheap.

Edit: The DP boosters come out in one week - May 14th.

Red fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 7, 2014

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Red posted:

Edit: The DP boosters come out in one week - May 14th.
The FF comes out then too, right? When do they normally preview that? I'm pretty interested in that, but would like to know what I am buying.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Fritzler posted:

The FF comes out then too, right? When do they normally preview that? I'm pretty interested in that, but would like to know what I am buying.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=WZK10025&mode=retail

quote:

The Red Hulk, Deadpool, the Punisher, Elektra, Venom, and the mysterious Mercy have teamed together to form the all-new Thunderbolts! Featuring 6 figures with all-new dial designs, two exclusive maps, and a consumer-friendly price point, this Fast Forces pack is an excellent product for new and established players! Fast Forces packs are designed for quick play and easy team-building for both tournaments and causal games.

Edit: I'm assuming the FF drops this day as well.

Red fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 7, 2014

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Think they mean the actual dials. Usually those have been officially previewed either by the official website or Figures.com way before they come out. Who knows this time though.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

Think they mean the actual dials. Usually those have been officially previewed either by the official website or Figures.com way before they come out. Who knows this time though.

Hmm - did they release dial info for the Legion of Doom Fast Forces?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Red posted:

Hmm - did they release dial info for the Legion of Doom Fast Forces?
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

They did, I remember it went up on twitter or facebook, one every hour for like an afternoon I think? I forget exactly when. And I did mean the dials, it just seems like they would have been previewed before this.

Indigo Tribe lantern. Opposing characters need to be within 4 squares of one of your figures to draw a line of fire to any of your figures, and if a friendly character takes 3 or more damage within 6 squares of a corps member, move your Indigo corps member adjacent to that character and heal them of one click.

• Locked thread