Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
I honestly enjoyed ASM2 all around. I can kind of see where some people wouldn't like it, but it flatly did not seem nearly as bad as a lot of people made it out to be. It was fun, a little over the top at times, but did a lot of neat things. I felt it was a about 90% neat little things that added up to be about on par with the sum of their parts, no more and no less, which is fine for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
ASM2 is the best superhero movie equal to or surpassing Hulk and TDK. It flat out rules, pushes things to the next level, nails Spider-man and so forth. It does so much so right and goes a level beyond and you can see the love, passion, effort, thought put into this more than any Marvel movie or even some other movies period. My nerdness cannot fathom or understand how this movie is getting negative reaction.

Spider-man's webslinging alone is a huge accomplishment, everything expressed through it is worth the price of admission, and Electro and the use of effects and sound is next level poo poo that is rarely done the way it is if at all. Like, this is some great A+ stuff, man.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 3, 2014

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Andrew Garfield posted:

“Miles Morales was a huge moment in this character’s comic book life, and I do believe that we can do that. It’s something I’m really interested in figuring out; an eloquent way of co-existing, or passing on the torch,” he said, “I don’t have an answer, but I think it’s actually a really important move. I think it’s a really beautiful and important move.”

Whoa! Isn't that awesome? Wouldn't it be cool to see Miles try to pick up the torch after Garfield wants to move on? Well gently caress awesome, gently caress Miles and gently caress you cause Sony isn't gonna let it happen on their watch.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Koalas March posted:

Whoa! Isn't that awesome? Wouldn't it be cool to see Miles try to pick up the torch after Garfield wants to move on? Well gently caress awesome, gently caress Miles and gently caress you cause Sony isn't gonna let it happen on their watch.

Oh man, I hope Garfield or people can make it happen. That passing of the torch, a Spider-man death leading to Miles or teaming up for a portion of the movie and climax would loving rule. That is like the most perfect thing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Koalas March posted:

This would be so loving good so of course it's never going to happen.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gatts posted:

Oh man, I hope Garfield or people can make it happen. That passing of the torch, a Spider-man death leading to Miles or teaming up for a portion of the movie and climax would loving rule. That is like the most perfect thing.

Garfield has zero power in this franchise. Marc Webb has zero power too. Only Avi Arad reigns supreme. Someone needs to get that guy as far away from movies as possible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does Sony even have the rights to Miles? Can they just use Ultimate stuff too?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CelticPredator posted:

Garfield has zero power in this franchise. Marc Webb has zero power too. Only Avi Arad reigns supreme. Someone needs to get that guy as far away from movies as possible.

Ignore this I am wrong about his current position, and bring in Miles

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 3, 2014

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Aphrodite posted:

Of course they do and they already are using plenty of stuff from the Ultimate comics.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aphrodite posted:

I believe they have rights to all things relating to Spider-Man, including Ultimates. I think Electro was an Ultimate version. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I honestly don't see what the problem with having Miles in the movie. Hell, if he didn't get the Human Torch gig, Michael B Jordan would've owned that role so much.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

He'd make a pretty hilarious 13/14 year old anyway that's for sure.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What are they referring to with the "marvel tried multiple Spider-Men"? Clone Saga? Because that's really stupid

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Yes, I'm assuming they mean Clone Saga. However it's a hilariously ill-timed comment when you take Slott's upcoming Every-Spiderman-Ever!!! event into account.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I saw ASM2 today and while I enjoyed it as a whole, the Rhino stuff was super loving pointless.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

muscles like this? posted:

I saw ASM2 today and while I enjoyed it as a whole, the Rhino stuff was super loving pointless.

The only way I'll let the Rhino stuff go (ending spoilers) is if the next movie literally starts exactly where ASM2 ends, picking up with the follow through of Spidey's attack and the rest of the fight.

I think someone posted it in the thread before, but I think a better way to end the movie would have been with a (spoilers, I guess, to be safe?) redhead moving in next door, Peter meeting her, and her telling him he'd just hit the jackpot. They could have even just shot the redhead from behind if they wanted to avoid actually casting a major actress or something.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Rhino is in literally another 2 films. He's going to get plenty of more screen time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhino was there for a few reasons: to be a big bad threat that pushed Spider-Man to return, to re-use a bad guy who had already shown up instead of using some other villain for a short stint, and to set up how Harry and co. were now starting to create villains.

If you felt cheated out of a fight, who knows, maybe he's one of the Sinister Six.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Rhino is one of the Sinister Six. The film is just his introduction of "hey we've given you the origin of 2 of the Sinister Six and like most Spider-Man villains Rhino is just a crazy chump in a suit".

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Waterhaul posted:

Rhino is one of the Sinister Six. The film is just his introduction of "hey we've given you the origin of 2 of the Sinister Six and like most Spider-Man villains Rhino is just a crazy chump in a suit".

Are you sure not three? I assumed Electro was part

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

bobkatt013 posted:

Are you sure not three? I assumed Electro was part

There's an after credits sequence you can see with your phone that implies the sinister Six will be Goblin, Rhino Doc Ock, Vulture, Kraven and either Cameleon or Mysterio . I imagine Jamie Foxx is too expensive for three films.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I think someone posted it in the thread before, but I think a better way to end the movie would have been with a (spoilers, I guess, to be safe?) redhead moving in next door, Peter meeting her, and her telling him he'd just hit the jackpot. They could have even just shot the redhead from behind if they wanted to avoid actually casting a major actress or something.

They originally filmed an entire subplot with Shailene Woodley as MJ but cut all of her scenes out.

I also think Garfield is a fine Peter but man, they really should have moved away from the "teenager" part of his life because he does not look 18 at all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wonder if they still go with her now that Divergent didn't do as well as expected. They're still going forward with the series but it didn't turn her into Jennifer Lawrence like they hoped.

Did they film her scenes?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm just wondering how/when they are going to introduce Venom. They're going to do a solo movie, but Eddie Brock hasn't appeared in these films yet, and I don't think Flash was in ASM2?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm just wondering how/when they are going to introduce Venom. They're going to do a solo movie, but Eddie Brock hasn't appeared in these films yet, and I don't think Flash was in ASM2?

I hope we get Agent Venom somehow. If you gotta tie it into ASM I get that but...let's try something different.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Dacap posted:

There's an after credits sequence you can see with your phone that implies the sinister Six will be Goblin, Rhino Doc Ock, Vulture, Kraven and either Cameleon or Mysterio . I imagine Jamie Foxx is too expensive for three films.

I would presume it would be Goblin, Rhino, Ock, Vulture, Black Cat and Mysterio given that "Felicia" was in the film. Though they did cut out a Felicia meets Goblin scene.

Aphrodite posted:

I wonder if they still go with her now that Divergent didn't do as well as expected. They're still going forward with the series but it didn't turn her into Jennifer Lawrence like they hoped.

Did they film her scenes?

Yes. She was just going to be a waitress that Peter bumps into and only in it for a few minutes early in the film and in the crowd when Rhino attacks at the end. You can see the back of her head in the first trailer.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I don't think Black Cat's there to join the Six. Peter's gonna need some help and we gotta get a spin off. I kinda wish it was the Goblin LEADING the Six and the Six are others. Like Doc Ock, Vulture, Rhino are obvious. But the other three could be from the pool of Lizard, Kraven, Chameleon, Mysterio, Venom or if they're insane Carnage since these seem to be the more noted Spidey bad guys.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Here's some concept art for Rhino with designes that didn't make it into the movie. There's at least a few of these that I think are better than what we got.

https://robert-simons-pevb.squarespace.com/the-amazing-spider-man-2-rhino-suit

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While a lot of the movie looked good there were some surprisingly bad effects in there at times. The Rhino suit looked good but the melding of the live action Paul Giamatti into it looked bad. Similarly the Electro stuff looked great for the majority of the film but there were a couple of shots (like at the power plant) where he looked like an older videogame.

Edit: Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who got the impression that Aunt May knew Peter was Spider-Man? There's the scene earlier when they're talking about Richard where she talks about keeping secrets and gives Peter and pointed look and then at the end after Gwen's death her pep talk seemed specifically to get Peter back in the costume.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 3, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I enjoyed ASM2 as much as the first one, but yea, some parts of it was a mess, and the teen melodrama could have been cut down quite a bit.

I didn't see the Symbiot in the film, while its in the trailer. That's confusing.

And yea I'm pretty sure Aunt May knew at the end of the first film. I have a feeling she's been trying to get him to admit it the entire film.

They better not have had Felicia there just as a nod and not planning on having Black Cat in an upcomming film. I'd love to have Peter torn by girl next door MJ and Hot sexy dangerous Felicia Hardy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
When will they do Betty Brandt justice? Parker's original main squeeze.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
gently caress it, just have Donald Glover as a closer to Peter's "age" Miles :getin:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

http://jaredkrichevsky.blogspot.ca/2014/05/amazing-spider-man-2.html

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=99397

More ASM2 concept art with some Rhino and Spidey concepts including the Miles design

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This was posted in CineD:

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

The MSJ posted:

This was posted in CineD:

It's a fake, guessing. Uses the same logo from this Deviantart submission.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

muscles like this? posted:

They originally filmed an entire subplot with Shailene Woodley as MJ but cut all of her scenes out.

I also think Garfield is a fine Peter but man, they really should have moved away from the "teenager" part of his life because he does not look 18 at all.

They kinda did, though. He's about 20ish in the movie. Assuming he and his best friend aren't two years apart (normal later in life, but not as kids).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Classtoise posted:

They kinda did, though. He's about 20ish in the movie. Assuming he and his best friend aren't two years apart (normal later in life, but not as kids).

The opening of the movie is Peter graduating from high school and while some time passes between that and the meat of the film it definitely wasn't two years. Its at least over a month because Gwen mentions how the Korean meatball place she likes only opened a month ago.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Classtoise posted:

I totally thought the same thing throughout - that they were all basically supposed to be like 22-ish - except that they graduated from Midtown Science High School early on and the whole movie seems to take place over like a couple of months. I think I was just confused by all of them being clearly not teenagers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TetsuoTW posted:

I totally thought the same thing throughout - that they were all basically supposed to be like 22-ish - except that they graduated from Midtown Science High School early on and the whole movie seems to take place over like a couple of months. I think I was just confused by all of them being clearly not teenagers.

You'd think you'd be used to that, I can't think of a single movie about teenagers I've seen where the cast wasn't at least 20-something, sometimes 30.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

You'd think you'd be used to that, I can't think of a single movie about teenagers I've seen where the cast wasn't at least 20-something, sometimes 30.
Yeah, you'd think. I guess that just says something about how unconvincingly the three played teens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Michael Cera, Emma Stone and McLovin were the appropriate age in Superbad, but Jonah Hill wasn't.

• Locked thread