Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

lemonsaresour posted:

I can't figure out how to use this though. The instructional video said to swipe to get to chat but it doesn't work for me. :/

I think you're meant to update your snapchat app first, the snapchat with the video in says 'double tap to update', but that just takes me to the app store where there's not actually an update available. Mysterious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

GWBBQ posted:

Assuming I'm remembering who's who from before my old phone died, please send more corgis.

Yeah, ok.

I can send corgi, snake and skink pics! Soon to have a new gecko too.

also dicks.

and I'm pretty

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

lemonsaresour posted:

I can't figure out how to use this though. The instructional video said to swipe to get to chat but it doesn't work for me. :/

Gotta update. Then when you are on your list of sent/received snaps, swipe to the right on any contact, it will take you to the chat page.

bitch nuts
Nov 17, 2005

lemonsaresour posted:

You need to make sure the app has updated through the app store first, mine wouldn't update until it had been restarted.....

^^ what he said

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

So the new update stopped me from opening snaps. I deleted and redownloaded it and now cannot log in but I am still getting notifications. Time to leave this until tomorrow

lemonsaresour
Feb 17, 2011
I'd been trying to update, but the App Store didn't have an update available. I was able to update after I restarted my phone though just like bitch nuts/uber_derp said! Hooray!

dirtgolem
Dec 22, 2011

Wounds are always fresh and so the scabs are never dry
Gutter is the place in which we choose to live our lives
Square inside a circle is the symbol in my eye
Home is where the gutter is and this is where I'll die
This update frightens me.

Cunty McKooze
Jun 16, 2009
I'm jinjubik. I will accept butts, but would prefer something else. I live in NYC and send snaps of weird bullshit I see around the city, mostly.

lemonsaresour
Feb 17, 2011

h210679 posted:

This update frightens me.

Everyone send this man live chat goatse reenactments in 3...2...1...

bitch nuts
Nov 17, 2005

lemonsaresour posted:

Sorry, I sent mine to hoopysoup already and I'm not doing it twice in one day!

dirtgolem
Dec 22, 2011

lemonsaresour posted:

oh you didn't!

Cunty McKooze
Jun 16, 2009
I can't open toastninja or canned panda's stories :( I've already updated and restarted and yadda yadda. Whyyyyyyy

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Cunty McKooze posted:

I can't open toastninja or canned panda's stories :( I've already updated and restarted and yadda yadda. Whyyyyyyy

Well... drat it!

Cunty McKooze
Jun 16, 2009

Canned Panda posted:

Well... drat it!

Has anyone figured out how to fix that? I tried deleting you both and re-adding too, but nada. I'M DEPRIVED. Off to google, I guess.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Cunty McKooze posted:

Has anyone figured out how to fix that? I tried deleting you both and re-adding too, but nada. I'M DEPRIVED. Off to google, I guess.

Went through this also. I messaged the SC support folks five or so times and then things started mysteriously working. So, uh...message them!

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Dugong posted:

dcbh

See my crazy English university live.

EDIT: apparently I used my display name. Eh gently caress it why not. Danielhearne

Welp, I added dcbh and got a very confused Dane asking who I was. This is the true purpose of snapchat.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Cunty McKooze posted:

Both of those gave me problems also. After deleting them and re-adding them I am now able to see cannedpanda's story but any snaps to me are frozen. And now the new update took away the clear feed option.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

I'm indigoplum and I've added quite a few people from the thread.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Speaking of CannedPanda, his/her latest snap looked REALLY familiar.

I mean...I know a lot of freight elevators look the same, but the color and the small glimpse of the room I saw outside it looked a lot like the freight elevator in a building I used to work in. :tinfoil:

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

This sounds better than working! Slowly adding names... I am SuperDaco

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

kenny powerzzz posted:

Both of those gave me problems also. After deleting them and re-adding them I am now able to see cannedpanda's story but any snaps to me are frozen. And now the new update took away the clear feed option.

Yup, my biggest frustration. For some reason I can't open cannedpanda's video snaps, and now I can't clear the feed.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
I think my app is working just fine. Snap name is Professoraspen

I'm an apprentice piercer and send pictures of weird junk around the shop from time to time.

Is there an easy way to tell who still has you added? My list if full of people who either deleted me or just never send snaps.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
apollojs
I'll send you weird poo poo when I'm high, send me whatever.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Vintimus Prime posted:

Yup, my biggest frustration. For some reason I can't open cannedpanda's video snaps, and now I can't clear the feed.

For whatever reason cannedpanda's snaps starts working. I'm re-adding toast ninja now.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
Cell phone double post. Sorry.

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
Freaked a fellow homebrewer out today while sending out pictures of my bright red wort. Mmmm. Beet-hibiscus saison.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I don't know why I'm giving people so much of a problem.

Some people can't see my snaps if they are from My Story, but can see the direct snaps.

Some can't see videos, some can't see pictures... ugh.

Cunty McKooze
Jun 16, 2009

Canned Panda posted:

Some people can't see my snaps if they are from My Story, but can see the direct snaps.

I can see all of yours now. I'm moving up in the world.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Canned Panda posted:

you're causing my snapchat to have a permanent '1' notification and loving with my OCD

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
I can see them all and my permanent "1" notification is gone, but the same drat thing has happened to me with my brothers snaps, of all people.
Edit- spoke too soon , back to status "all hosed up".

kenny powerzzz has a new favorite as of 17:45 on May 8, 2014

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Welp, CannedPanda's snaps were working fine for me before, but I switched ROMs on my phone, and after re-installing SnapChat, I'm getting the same problem.

I agree that the permanent "1" in my notification area is annoying as gently caress.

I removed him from my list (sorry :shobon:) but it keeps the last video he sent that I canm't see in the list.

And yeah, why the gently caress did they remove the clear feeds option? I mean..I wasn't aware it was there, but now that I know it existed and is gone, I'm mad as Hell! :argh:

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I suggest we kill CannedPanda QTIYD

Also you pricks best be enjoying the delights of the STD clinic I work in as I leave four weeks today!

dirtgolem
Dec 22, 2011

Jinjubik's pretty awesome knife (with a pretty cool story). Thanks Jinjubik, now my kid wants one heh.

He thinks it's a *boomerang* blade.

dirtgolem has a new favorite as of 05:22 on May 9, 2014

Cunty McKooze
Jun 16, 2009

h210679 posted:

Jinjubik's pretty awesome knife (with a pretty cool story). Thanks Jinjubik, now my kid wants one heh.

He thinks it's a *boomerang* blade.

Haha! Yeah, for two years I worked port security with some retired Gurkhas in Dubai, and when I finally got back to the U.S., they had it sent to me. I still get messages on Facebook from at least 3-5 of them every day haha. Really cool dudes. As for the kukri, I'm pretty sure I will accidentally hurt myself one of these days. I'm surprised I haven't yet. I can shoot, I'm not so reliable with blades, unless you're relying on me to slice my hand open.

Also, your kid is ridiculously cute.

EDIT: cannedpanda isn't working for me again, either.

dirtgolem
Dec 22, 2011

Cunty McKooze posted:

Also, your kid is ridiculously cute.

Ridiculously cute calculating monsters.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I want in on this. Pretty new to Snapchat and already sick of only seeing selfies. Hit me!

faaty85

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AlexF posted:

I want in on this. Pretty new to Snapchat and already sick of only seeing selfies. Hit me!

faaty85

Snapchats That Are Just Videos Of You Talking To The Camera Are Boring: A Snapchat Memoir

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Whoever snapped the Mario paint Game of thrones theme. It was great. I don't remember what name it was though. Sorry.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
It was. I haven't thought about Mario paint in forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

sloth is pronounced "slow-th"

just so you're all aware

• Locked thread